Other Cosplay tips and questions!

Midnightchan123

the Melon Lord!
a place to ask questions and find out the answer and to post your information that you have!

my question: Doing shantae from shantae and the pirates curse, her hair stands on her head and there is a lot of it, how do I keep my wig from dragging off my head when I hold my head even?

(going to try a french braid tonight)

my tips: do not buy a costume from EZ cosplay, they are over priced, dont know how to do measurments and it's really cheap material.

check and see if people have tutorials for your wig before doing your character.

i worked in theatre in 4 years as a sticher/wardrobe supivisor/overseer of customes and quick changes. I know lots of tips and tricks but my number one thing i tell every cosplayer is this: if you need to quickly freashen up a costume piece put that fabreeze down. The actual best way to get odors out is equal parts water and vodka in a spray bottle. I am dead serious when i say this shit works like a charm. Some of our shows were in 100 degree weather with stage lights and period costumes. Those costumes smelled like BO after just a half hour. And the vodka water mix made the BO practly go away (the actors still smelled so it was not 100% gone) but every costumer swears by it. It is especially good for costume pieces that cannot be washed easily. It is even good for everyday use! I use it in my shoes and on my jeans before leaving the house.

As for your wig, are you using a wig cap and bobby pins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back