Comments on a Charm

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
One of my friends plays a Water aspected trader/hustler and came up with this charm for him. I think it is a great starter charm for Dragon Bloods, but I would like some second oppinions on it too, if you guys would be so kind.

I use Persuasion as a replacement of Linguistics. The charm could easily fit into a Socialize tree in a canonically correct game.

Discerning the Roots’ Strength Technique

Cost: 1 mote/individual

Duration: Instant

Type: Simple

Minimum Persuasion: 2

Minimum Essence: 1

Prerequisite Charms: None

Just as the wind tests the strength of the tree’s roots when it is blowing, so too does the Dragon-blooded need to test individuals strength of will in order to discover who will be most easily knocked over by the arguments of the Dragon-blood.

By engaging in ordinary conversation or discussion, the Exalt quickly establishes who among a group is most easily swayed and manipulated. Successful use of this charm leaves the Exalt with an idea of how strong the will is of each person in the gathering relative to the others and to the Exalt himself. If it is used on a single individual, the power of his will is measured against the Exalt’s own.

A single success on a Wits + Persuasion roll lets the Dragon-blood know who among the observed group has the highest willpower score, who has the lowest, and how the rest place themselves in between. More successes give a clearer image of how strong each individual is compared to the Exalt himself.

Hmmm, this is an interesting charm but it is very close to what "understanding the court" does which is a pretty powerful eclipse charm. So if your group is for example a whole court I'd say the requirements for the charm are too low and it is not a dragon blooded charm, but if the group is only the persons the character is talking to right now then it is fine.

Good point. So there should be a cap on the size of the group. Something like twice the Essence of the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back