• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[CoD]Bloodstained Shores

Rolling his eyes, Mirrigan watches as the brawl begins to break out with minor disinterest as his Captain had denied him a bit of extra fun while on a long journey. As a few of the brawlers neared the dancer and her violin playing companion, however, Mirrigan grew more stone faced and drew his pistol from his hip. Muttering to Valkara, "Excuse me, Captain, but this be important.." He leans his arm across the back of his Captain's shoulders, taking aim for only a second before pulling the trigger, the explosion of black powder and the whizz of the round loud within the establishment. Almost as loud as the bullet smacking into one of the thug's heads before exiting out the other side in a wonderfully bloody display of gore, with a sick cracking sound as the rounded metal shattered the mans skull. Bringing his hand back, he blows the smoke off the pistol end and flashes Valkara a grin. "Sorry, Val, but me mum always told me that a man should be protectin' beauty, and I needed t'vent me displeasure."

Before she could get the chance to speak to the approaching man, a scuffle began to break out, one concerning the two performers. She personally didn't want them on her ship, but the way the men argued over them struck a cord with her. When they flat out threatened Valisanna, she got pissed. She put on her hate, and was getting ready to draw forth her swords when her vampire companion decided to take aim, killing one of the men on the spot. Instantly all eyes turned on the pair. Not wasting the chance, she crossed her legs in a superior manner glaring them all down. "Thank you Mirrigan, that is much better. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to talk to you buffoons this way." She said, a smirk on her face, unashamed to have insulted the hardened men. "From this point on, these gems are the property of the Ragnarok. Do or say otherwise and my first mate shall make quick work of you lot. So I'll say it clear as day. Back. Down." While she spoke she slipped her gun off her waist, setting it on the table near Mirrigan, knowing that after all the time they had been together, he would understand her intentions.

A moment later one of the thugs rushed at her, which didn't surpise her n the least. She nimbly moved out of the chair, watching as the man sliced at it, missing her completely. "So this is how you want to do this eh?!" She growled out, glaring daggers at the drunkard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandria quickly scans the suddenly hostile crowd, a small look of horror on her face. As the three men start to call for her, she makes a point of quickly getting out of their way.. But not before the mess started. In an instant Shell had gone on the offensive, following with a gunshot or two and a girl from the corner standing up.. One she recognized. A pirate.. And a potential passage across the sea. As the girl approached the captain, she got a wild idea in her head. Perhaps they might be more compelled to take her if she proved she could hold her own, no? With that logic in mind, her eyes locked on the drunkard approaching the pirate, undoing the chain of chimes around her waist and rushing up behind him. "Hyaa!" She wrapped the chain-like decoration around his neck, hearing him grunt in surprise as Alexandria smiled..

..And was instantly thrown off. Not being the strongest of girls, she had found her grip on the chain quickly lost, then only holding it with one hand as she silently swore to herself. The fatigue from her performance must have still been getting to her.. Yeah, that was it. She had the sweat to prove it, anyhow. Falling back halfway into a chair, the performer did manage to catch herself, exhaling deeply and pushing herself back up

Mirrigan watched the crowd continue to brawl as Valkara stood and spoke, moving to take the proffered pistol, knowing exactly what she neeeded him to do if it came up. However, his hand hadn't even reached the gun before another call of black powder burning rang out, and a wet thunk was heard as Mirrigan jerked back from taking a shot to the chest, grunting as the force pushed the lithe man back against the wall, blood coursing from the wound as he covered it with a hand. Gritting his teeth, he feels the blood pounding behind his eyes and his breath hot on his lips through his gritted teeth. Feeling himself slipping over to the beast inside, he thought back to calmer moments in his life to regain control of his inner demon. Watching the sun rise naked in his youth... Listening to his mother sing as she made dinner for him and his father... Listening to the breeze blow over the wooden rail of the Ragnarok's deck, breathing in that salt water smell... He took a deep breath, gritting his teeth at the pain, he slowly took back control over himself, looking down at the hole in his chest, covering it with both hands and looking up at Valkara. "Well, looks like I be out of t'foight for a mo.... Get t' bastar' who put this hole in me chest, yeah?" He slumps slightly, focusing on healing the wound.

The bar had gone quiet for a short moment watching as Mirrigan point blank shot the man... and he exploded?! His head just...wasn't there anymore only a skull remains. They listened to the silver haired woman for a second. "WEll she's got a point he did just thrash that buggger.

"Eh didn't like him anyway. Bastard owed me money." The second thug said, nodding in agreement. "He's better off for this world he is.."

"So uh... what should we do now? I mean, he did shoot the bastard...."

"Well way i count it theres only one of the big men and that woman is a wee girl."

"I think that's a uh... whataddaya call it a pirate? A Val-something?"

"What? What the hell is a Val something?" The guy slurs looking back to the others. "That sounds like a bunch of sugar or something."

"I think you're thinking of molasses you idiot... are we scared of molassess?!"

"NO WE ARE NOT!"

At that point the crowd frenzied. The second thug had swung at Valkara and issed while the second one pulled out his pistol and shot Mirrigan. "The don't call me Drunk-Eye for nuthing!" He says

In the distance bells were ringing...

All of a sudden the 3 thugs got up and looked to start a fight. An angered expression crossed Shells face, gritting her teeth and clenching her fists she looked the towards the thugs head on, prepared to fight to protect Alexandria. Did they really think they were just going to take her lover away? Shell's blood boiled, the instinct to protect ones mate rising up in her and taking oratory over her own safety.. "If you think I'm going to let you take her you got another thing coming..." Shell said making an angry cry before she made her way towards the thug closest to her lover. "Screw off!" Shell said striking the urning a satisfying slap to his face. All of a sudden one for he other thugs heads seemed to just explode. "What the?!?" She turned to see where the shot had come from, only to see mirrigan with a smoking pistol, Shell couldn't help but crack a grin. 'At least he's helping us out, good sign....' Then the woman that he was sitting with got up and began to make her announcement, she was there captain it seemed... and she was also making a claim on her and Alexandria it seemed. 'Well its better than getting grabbed by thugs..'

Then out of the blue Mirrigan was shot by none other than the man she had slapped while the other surviving thug got stabbed by an unknown patron. "Why you..." Shell growled looking back at the thug, only to see Alexandria try to get him as well. Shell reared her fist back aiming a fist at the mans face this time, only to completely miss. "Crap..." She knew the basics but it didn't seem that she was good enough to fight... Was she really this weak? How was she going to protect Alexandria at this rate?....

Watching the brawl proceed from his slumped posistion, he groans slightly and curls up to cover his chest wound, focusing on the power contained within his blood. As he waited and felt the force push his blood through his veins, he felt the skin and muscles knit back together, repairing the bone as well. He grimaced slightly as he felt more drained as his wound repaired itself. He knew that he would have to make up for the expenditure of blood later, but for now he needed to close the gaping bullet wound and slip out once he finished healing. Staying after healing a wound like this would definitely reveal his true nature, and that would be problematic. Maybe he could pretend to limp out on his captain's shoulder, she understood that he couldn't reveal the healed wound to the general crowd.

Such insolence!At this point Valkara was livid, not only did the drunkards forget her name, but also shot her most best friend. If it wasn't for the fact that the room was filled with humans the pirate would have willed her swords into existence; she was still very tempted to dispute the fact. No they are to low for the effort, the man will pay in blood....nice and slow. She thought as she looked over to Mirrigan, making sure he wasn't dead, or worse going into a frenzy. After seeing him eye the door, she knew he would be fine with a bit of blood, so she turned her attention to the man. When she did she noticed the two performers joining the brawl, attacking the culprit who had harmed her crew. The dancer tried choking him, easily getting thrown off while the violinist tried punching him only to miss.

While the man was distracted, Valkara moved in, unfastening the whip at her belt. She ran at him, moving her hand from across her shoulder to her side in a quick motion across the mans back. "That is for injuring the most loyal member of my crew." Not losing momentum she turned, raising her arm again but this time moving from the top of his back down. "That is for calling me sugar." She seethed. "Go on, I dare you to try it again, you swine." Her normally cold eyes showed but one emotion; rage. If looks could kill the bar would have been set ablaze, every body burned to cinders, but alas she wasn't practiced in that type of magic.

The sea woman looked over at the two girls who had joined the brawl, her gaze softening ever so slightly. "You two need to get to get to Mirrigan and take him back to my ship. He will know where to go." She said in a hushed yet forceful tone, after moving between the women and the man. Just then the bells could be heard outside. "Shite! The guard are going to be here soon. Now hurry your arses!" She commanded.

The man who had shot Mirrigan had been a tough bastard, but with a final crack of the whip, he fell over and hit himsef on the bar, passing out much to the delight of the watchers. That was one dead, one passed out and the other one a bleeding mess. Said beleeding mess got tired of messing with the people. "Ah shite. Fuck this mes." HE sas, turning around and running awway tiredof being stabbed.

With that combat was over... the sound of bells and the guard fast approaching everyone

"Alright i got ya." Shellina called out to the captain as she made a dash towards Mirrigan to help him get to the ship. "Hades be damned you just bit the bullet there didnt ya? Doesnt look like your going to be crossing the river Styx anytime soon..." Shellina said with a chuckle as she helped to carry Mirrigan to the ship, slowly making there way across the port. "I'm surprised your even alive here, we'll have to get you back to the ship and get patched up ay?" Shell finished with a smile, out of all her ideas, she never thought she would gain passage on a ship like this.... Once she was in the ocean she would be at home again. "This has been quite the day hasn't it Alex? Swimming, a performance and now a bar fight... Though im not to happy about the last part..." Shell asked with giggle as they boarded the ship.

Mirrigan sighs internally as he is helped to the ship, giving them minor directions. When they got on the ship, he looked at the two ladies with a smile. "Now, a god bar foight e'ery once in a whoile is good fer the soul. If ye be lookin fer some place to lay yer head, we've got a few private cabins that way." He lifts a hand to point towards where there are a few private rooms onboard the ship. "There be a scant few o' t'ose, but there be one extra that t'aint in use, 'n it'll be better t'an sleepin wit' t'e crew." He chuckles at that last bit before leading them over to the private quarters section. Surpisingly there were 4 rooms, and it boggled the mind how the ship was so huge. "Mine is tis fhirst one, on te left, iffin ye good lasses don't moind droppin me off in t'ere."

"Well, never let it be said our performance failed to attract a crowd." She says with a smile, helping Shellina carry the man back to his ship. "Some people might even call that a success." He only really needed to be half carried, carrying him with one arm over each of the two ladies' shoulders. "You know, I'm actually a doctor.. Kind of. The point is more that I can fix you, should you give me the opportunity to see you without some of those clothes.." Alex says playfully, giving both of them a wink. "Just teasing.. Really though, I can do it. Done it before. And thank you for the room; it will be well used." She glances in the direction of their cabin before bringing Mirrgan into his own, the first one on the left - laying him down wherever he wanted to be lay. "..But this means we've got our passage, doesn't it Shell?" She says with a smile, wrapping an arm around her waist.

Alexandria found that the ship was.. Immense. Compared to all the other boats, being able to fit four non-crew rooms was simply amazing. They were going to be having this next trip in comfort. Room and privacy included.

Chuckling as he was laid in his bed, he keeps where h was supposed to have a bullet wound covered up with his hands. "I dinnae t'ink I be neadin yer halp at te moment, lass. We've got a ship's doctor, and the wound 'tain't so major it cannae wait till then." As he said this, he cursed himself internally, knowing that keeping them here in an attempt to seduce them would end up violating the Masquerade. He had directed a crewman to send Valisanna to his room whenever she made it back onboard from the bar, knowing that she could just hand him bandages and not ask questions. As he shoo'd the pair of lovely ladies out of his room, he sighed and muttered to himself. "Damn gunshots gotta be all troublesome."

The guards had approached out of speed to surround the bar. "Hello hello what's all this then?!" They shouted, listening to some of the witnesses talk to the guards.

"You have to help, this woman and her crew mates appeared and started killing everyone!" The said, pointing to the dead body.

"IS that right?" The guard asked, turning and looking at the pirate captain. "What's all this then?! Care to explain yourself Miss...er...?"

"I think she called herself the sugar princeesss or... something."

"...Is that right... say, you look familar..." They asked

Valkara watched as the man at her feet passed out. glad that the other three had made it out safely. "Spineless sot." she grumbled rolling her eyes as the last man ran. She glanced around the room, noting that most of the fighting had stopped, before she sat down on a nearby bar stool, stowing away the whip to its place at her hip. She picked up a nearby drink, sniffed it then took a small sip, casting a small spell as the guards broke through the door. Her back was turned to them as a person spoke up, pointing her out to newcomers. When the lead guard walked up to her she turn in her seat, a look of exasperation and slight sadness on her face.

"I believe there is a misunderstanding here. First off Ill say, I deal in transporting sugar, I never claimed to be some princess." It wasn't a lie, sugar made good profit, how she got it would be what was at question. "You may recognize me because I do business with his Majesty. I am fortunate to be in service to the royal family, I give them the best of my goods." Another half truth. "And as for the fight, I was hired to give two performers passage on my ship. Some of the men here did not like it and assailed two of my crew members, as well as the performers. In turn we defended ourselves. The death of the man over there is unfortunate, but Ill have you know a vital member of my crew is likely dead as well, or at the very least unable to sail after this fiasco." She said sternly with her eyes closed, as if trying to keep calm. After a pause she looked back up at the guard, face straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back