• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Can't start conversation

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
So I'm writing a starter, and I suddenly can't start a new conversation. I haven't been blocked, and I PMED the person earlier today. What's the problem?

I can't send a message because it keeps telling me it's spam, why is this happening?
Until new members reach a certain amount of posts they have their content strictly monitored for specific words, phrases, and other factors. If you are trying to send a PM and get this message about spam, there is something within it triggering the filter. If you are posting something on the forums, the Staff will have to manually review it before approving or declining it.

My post says it is waiting for moderator approval, what does that mean?
New members have their content go through a filter which puts it into a moderation queue. A Staff member has to manually review any posts flagged by this system - which can happen due to certain keywords, phrases, or spambot behaviors. As this is a manual process it can take time for content in the queue to be reviewed.

But you should be able to message them without problem since you're not a new member. Unless the rules have changed because I message new members all of the time about role plays and have never had that problem.

Sorry, auto reaction with a post macro because people always ask about why they can't PM instead of reading the FAQ or earlier answered threads on the subject. Are they instantly leaving the PM? If so they have you on ignore.

No. I even checked If I ignored them. I'll check again, though. And it's alright!

Nope. Even ignored and unignored them.

Also, here's a screenshot, in case ya need it.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Ah, please see the earlier response about privacy settings. There are other reasons a user may not get a PM as well, such as restricted access on their account but those are privacy related to their account. Basically, at this time you will be unable to PM until the privacy settings on their account is changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back