• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Can't copy formatting

Compel

Abyss Walker
Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but when I try to copy posts from my private workshop or a conversation into a thread, I lose all of the formatting they had. Basically text alignment and all html colors are just gone. I'm not pasting as plain text, either. Any help fixing that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are you copying/pasting from the post itself? If you want to keep the formatting, edit the post and copy it from the text field.

So if someone sends me an edited post with formatting, I can't copy it unless there's an edit option?

So if someone sends me an edited post with formatting, I can't copy it unless there's an edit option?
Pretty much. The formatting doesn't stay if you copy and paste the raw text. Each word program, from google docs to the RTE on here converts copy/pasted formats differently. You can ask them to send you the raw code of their post and then fix it and send it back to them perhaps.

You can only edit your own posts (unless the owner of an HP then you can edit HP posts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back