• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic C⌬RE

Moolock

Elder Member

"Welcome to Core, or as we like to call it, the last human lands in the world."

"I wonder what we did wrong to get here. In our terrible future, humanity seems confined to a large valley roughly 800 miles from ridge to ridge. The Briar Mountains that line it are treacherous, impassable, and stretch seemingly higher than the clouds themselves. They're high enough to be seen far down the horizon even after the ground has curved away. There are forests, deserts, snowed lands, marshes, and cities standing strong against the night, governed by the Link and the organization beneath them, and you can stand in the middle of all of it, right in Centrafield, and every direction you look you see very faintly the mountains. But! The Link, the Link are more important than mountains. Benevolent leaders, according to any media and humanity is thriving. But there are remains of something that came before, a sign that this world used to be different... Something went wrong. Funny how no one pays attention to that. To the Scavs, to Dar'Ran, to Whitebriar, to Old Central. Open your eyes."

⎊⌯⌬⌯⎊

"Only the very old remember, and these days the very old are few and far between. Humanity with all its flying cars and hyper-efficient machinery has fallen. The Briar Mountains used to be flat lands, they say. There were more of us, hundreds of other nations throughout the world- a world far more vast than we could imagine. But there was a war fought with immense powers and things beyond belief. Then the world turned upside down, the mountains rose, and Core remained. Communication beyond the mountains was met with static. The journeys to pass them always ended in tragedy. Now the nation's old are only regarded as crazy yammerers with tall tales to scare children. Those are just silly rumors. No one can actually remember, no one has seen it. These mountains have been here since the land was formed."

⎊⌯⌬⌯⎊

"You ask me, there's gotta be something outside. This ain't the whole planet, no way. Besides, how did humans get here if there's no way out? And no one has come before. All you need is common sense to see that how we live right now is impossible."

⎊⌯⌬⌯⎊

"Get out of here you filthy Scav, you should know you folk aren't welcome outside the Sticks. Oh you wanted an audience with one of the Link? With Lady Perin? Fat chance, now scram."

"But sir, I found something-"

"Not important. Go. This is the last time I'm telling you. Besides, Lady Perin is in a meeting right now."

"She's standing right behind you. Mr. Hunter, shouldn't you be guarding the south door? As a leader of the people it is my job to hear them out. Now, young one, tell me why you've come to Central to speak with me?"

"L-Lady Per-"

"Quiet, let the boy speak."

"Well mi'lady, I have something important ta tell you. I had ta pass through Old Central and I saw something I thought I should bring ta your attention."

"Tsk tsk, Old Central is hazardous, we all know this, do we not? Mr. Hunter, come back. Cuff him. Quarantine him. The boy says he's been to Old Central, we can't risk him staying out in public, not with the chance he's carrying the sickness."

"B-But, but Lady Perin! It's really important-"

"I'm sure it was, but so is the safety of our public. You brought disease from a quarantined zone to the capitol. I'll hear no more of it."

⎊⌯⌬⌯⎊

"These days, the Link look on from the Tower at the Pidges, the Scavs, across the lake to the Arans and Merks, even far to the north to the Briggs, out to Solaris. Enough people are still pleased with them that there haven't been any outcries recently, then again we might not know if there were. There are more Ravens in the city than there are Pidges. The Core we know and love is shifting under their gaze, always changing. Change is good, change is progress, but it's tiring. It weighs on the backs of every member of this great society. But the Fours Link still stands tall."

⎊⌯⌬⌯⎊

"But what if the Link fell? They're not immortal, they are a concept. The world has only ever known the Four. What would things become? Would something better replace them? Or something worse? What if there were a way to ensure life improved? There was a demonstration last week, short-lived of course but the effort was made. A couple old men got some together and started rambling about what their great great great great... ...someone. Someone remembered that there was a time before all this and they passed it on. The old men are probably regretting their decision to stand up by now and just the other day one of Link- Perin- held an assembly in front of the Tower to reassure the dear citizens of Core that all was fine. More patriotism, more comfort. Words words words. We all drink this water."

⎊⌯⌬⌯⎊

"Honestly, it's no surprise all this happened recently. The winter was long and hard but now that things are starting to thaw, people fancy they have a little wiggle room. A fantasy. The thaw does not bring any more change than it did last year or the year before. The days will grow longer, the soil soft, but the Four will not change with the seasons."

⎊⌯⌬⌯⎊

Should you decide to join this journey, the going will get rough. The Link does not appreciate the spreading of rumors. The sands of Solaris are unforgiving. The trees of Yarith often block the sun. Whispering Woods pull at the minds of many. There are unimaginable forces at work, but all it takes is one step to be on your way. There's a chance here to change this world for the better, or let it fall to places even worse than it is now.

⎊⌯⌬⌯⎊

Links:
Lore & Rules: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/c⌬re-lore.348671/
Character Sheets: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/c⌬re-character-sheets.348669/#post-8095040

Last edited:

"We interrupt our usual broadcast with breaking news."

"This just in, there's been an attack on the Tower. The situation is uncertain though residents of Central are urged to remain inside so the authorities may respond to the best of their abilities. There is, as you can see, a plume of smoke rising from the Tower and many of the upper windows are broken, in fact the top floor of the Tower appears to be missing. For now we- ... ...we ...have just been informed that Regina Salazar has died in the attack... Citizens of Central, please remain indoors as the situation unfolds. We will have more information in the coming hours. For now, we have someone on the scene.... Take it... take it away, Winston."

"...Thank you Jen. As you can see behind me, the entrance to the building has already been secured, the police are cautiously making their way to the upper floors, we've been told that they are doing a sweep of the entire Tower. The news of Lady Salazar's death came from her secretary on the top floor, which has now completely collapsed into the two below it, though it seems that Chancellor Colbran and Lady Perin are injured but alive, they're working on getting them down but first they'll have to meet with the intruders that have since been reported making their way down the Tower, Jen it's very possible we will be hearing some gunfire tonight as the two forces inevitably meet. Apparently word of this has already been sent to Chancellor Branwen, who has responded that he will be arriving in Central within the hour. I'm sure Jen mentioned this but if you live in Central, remain in your homes and-."

This is an official broadcast. City-wide this is a Code Orange. Issued by Chancellor Branwen. Repeat, city-wide is on Code Orange.

"Are we back? Jen can you hear me?"

"Yes, yes I think we're back."

"Well, now it's official. Central, follow procedure, remain calm,-"

"Winston? Winston? Winston can you hear us? -Tom I think he lost connection."

"Someone get him back."

"On it!"

"-just exploded from the top of the Tower, the smoke has only grown thicker as now fires are visible spreading down the tower. Someone's thrown up a holo up on the smoke- Pete get a video feed on that... ...Holy sh-t it's the Hawks..."

122496154134234739Japanese_Map_symbol_(Power_plant).svg.hi.png

JokerValentine JokerValentine Malice Queen Malice Queen

Moolock Moolock Malice Queen Malice Queen

The weight of the mysterious stone was not even ignored when the panic came about. Caj had taken up residence in the Citadel to study a few ancient texts, nothing too atypical from a Thursday. The green stone seemed to fluoresce in his pocket charmingly, so much so that he had to take it out just to examine it. That was, until the blast echoed the Citadel. A book fell from the shelf as immediately people hurried out of the library quickly to see what had happened. Among them, after he was sure to be the one person to respectfully put the books he took out back, was Caj. The trail of smoke wafting into the skyline could easily be traced back to the Tower, the beacon of safety but also corruptness. People on the streets were silent as they saw the Tower seemingly having exploded. The air seemed to be hinging on what happened next.

The authorities were quick on the scene- after all they were paid by these leaders- and quickly cordoned the scene off. They were also sure to approach any people they saw in the streets, encouraging themforcefully to move on. A few approached the librarygoers, this monstrosity of a Sentinel. He was bulky, large, seemingly bald. His armor was freshly clean, but his face hadn't been properly shaven. But he was not there, alas, to seek advice on the matter. "Get back into the library! You hear the alarm! Does Code Orange mean nothing to you?" he said forcefully. The lobrarygoers were confused, but compliant. They shuffled back in the aged wooden doors, back to the decks in silence as they awaited further instructions. Someone turned on the television.

"No fucking way," Caj remembers a bystander saying in surprise as he saw one of the leaders, Lady Salazar, had been pronounced dead. Caj always thought rather highly of her, though to be honest, not too high. Still, she was much better than the others in charge, even if he dare not admit it as that would be considered treason. There were mumbles all about the library, and no librarian to shush them. It was going to be one hell of a day.

For Caj

From what he can see through the window of the library, the streets are utterly consumed in chaos. Others around him who have just gotten the news begin to cry, the school children in particular and a few elderly who no doubt enjoyed the days she was Link. There is a second blast and the library goes dead silent as uncertainty and fear sets in. There is marching outside, Ravens securing the building for the safety of the public, ushering citizens away. He can hear, faintly, the twisting and groaning of metal and several loud noises like a sudden rain, only it's shattered glass falling from the very top of the tower. For now in the Code Orange, those inside and around him seem to suddenly understand the gravity of the situation, that this is no simple attack or gas leak, that this is an actual event and it means danger for possibly everyone in the city.

In no time, sirens start up and lights dance on the walls of emergency vehicles. The thrumming of footsteps steadies as more well-equipped groups file out of the larger vehicles. As this is happening, out the corner of his eye, Caj would see an adult, possibly still in university, approach him.

"Sorry t-to butt in but... y-you were looking at the older histories and, well, I-I'm a geology major m-myself... I c-couldn't help but wonder what you were looking at." The now confirmed student pushes up his glasses, looking the part of a rather nervous city boy- born and raised a Pidge.

JokerValentine JokerValentine

Last edited:
The young brig couldn't do much other than manual labor - something that was slightly uncommon of her race, but not in her hometown. She spent most of her days helping to haul cargo from importing vehicles to distributing centers. It was alright pay and hard work, nothing she wasn't used to! It was a That's when it happened, a loud bang, a mighty rumble, and a darkened sky. There was a plume of smoke coming from the Tower, the mighty tower at the center of Central. The TVs in the loading and off-loading bays were switched on as all the workers crowded around to see what had happened. Several people began crying at the mention of the death of Regina Salazar.

Caera continued to watch the report and when the broadcast was interrupted and the code orange engaged it was almost as if there were guards watching them the entire time, just waiting for when they were needed. The workers were ushered inside the warehouse for their safety, seeing as traveling anywhere around the city would not only raise suspicion but also interfere with the duty if the city guards. Her brow would furrow as the odd symbol appeared on the smoke that rose from the tower on the TV. Of course, she didn't get a long look at it before being swept away with the rest of the crowd. What in the world is that?..." she mumbles to herself as the workers in the crowd whispered amongst each other.

Moolock Moolock JokerValentine JokerValentine

Malice Queen Malice Queen Moolock Moolock

In the midst of the fresh chaos, it brought Caj a near smile to hear a timid voice address him. However, he found it an odd question to ask. The student before him seemed so calm in the midst of the situation, maybe taking advantage of the moment to be more learned on a subject of his choosing. it's not like they'd be going anywhere anytime soon, given the city was probably swarming with troops. So Caj decided to play along with this obvious bookworm's demands.

"I was reading on the history of the city, when buildings were constructed and such. I can give it to you if you fell so inclined, though I do not recommend it for a geology major," Caj said under his breath, though with a slightly annoyed tone. He seemed to keep his gaze firmly locked on the television showcasing the ongoing chaos. Everything seemed to be happening so fast, but at the same time Caj became increasingly perplexed at this student. Did he not see what was going on?

For Caera

As was with the library, so it is with your character's location. After a few minutes, the gravity of the situation sets in and silence falls over the crowd. While Caera does not understand the relevance of the symbol, the few older workers around her seem to- mostly those looking to range from their late 40's to older. A rather elderly gentleman- Then-, one she would recognize working alongside when it came to paperwork as his strength had left him years ago, looks utterly panic-stricken as his gaze is locked on the door to the warehouse. He locks gaze with Caera and numbly shakes his head, having faintly heard her question. "Ya don' wanna know, lass... ...ya don' wanna know."

Shaking in the hands and knees, the old man goes to sit down on a crate, eyes still fluttering to the windows and doors of the werehouse. He mutters worriedly, speech choppy. He mentions his daughter, wrings his hands.

One of the younger ones gathered, maybe even a few years before Caera, gets to his feet with a scowl. "Hey, some'f us've got family out there, 've got a brotha 've gotta make sure's alright." He goes right up to one of the Ravens, a mix of worry, anger, and uncertainty. Heads turn at his display.

"You'll be safer in here, sir," the Raven replies, a slight tremor to their voice as well- no one seems to know what's happening and everyone is taking it differently. "We don't know what's happening yet, as soon as we do we're going to start trying to get you folks home."

"An' what 'f my brotha don' come home 'cause 'm cooped up in here? 'Ve gotta help him!"

The Raven shifts uncomfortably. "I have orders to keep you people safe. Out there isn't safe right now."

The young man looks far from satisfied but in the previous silence of the outside world, three clear, loud shots ring out followed by the heavy thrumming of boots. The younger workers, women especially who look in the years of motherhood start to cave, the quiet starts to dissolve to an anxious murmuring around you, Caera.

For Caj

The student nods, pushing up his glasses with a heavy sigh, his other hand going into the pocket of his university uniform. "V-v-very strange th-that we w-witness th-this today, w-wouldn't you say..?" He shook his head, oddly enough wearing a look of curiosity and intense worry rather than fear. Something about this concerns him but there's a flicker of a desire there to understand it. "A-ah, history minor, y-yo-you remember the reports, d-do you not?" After a moment, the man changes topics completely, suddenly muttering, "Lady R-Regina will b-be missed... sh-sh-she was the best a-amo-ong them."

Malice Queen Malice Queen JokerValentine JokerValentine

Her own family was safe from the threat of who she assumed was these 'Hawks' but the other men she worked with...she was worried about their families. An older man would respond to her undirected question, which made her worry. There were a handful of the men and women that she knew on a personal level - most showed her the ropes of the warehouse while others spotted her a few credits for food or rent. These men were her family away from family in a way...and dare she say her home away from home? No. This city was foreign to her their government, their customs, even some of their meals were vastly different from those of her hometown; the abundance of different ingredients and meats certainly helps the variety of meals.

The supposed guards had fear in their voice, not a very comforting thing from their would-be protectors many men and women in the crowd began to voice their concerns of their family and homes. "This isn't going to end well..." she thought to herself as the crowd got louder and louder with their displeasure of the guards refusing their exit. She was tense and her stomach felt like it was tied in a knot, everything in her being was telling her to run and hide before a riot broke out and the weapons the guards were holding would turn on all of them.
Moolock Moolock

Moolock Moolock ( Malice Queen Malice Queen )

To that, Caj could only nod. It was in his honest opinion that each of the leaders brought forth something to the nation that did some good. Yet they were far from perfect. Despite the late lady's kindness and caring, she had her dark secrets, her terrible misdeeds. She was not exactly ideal in the eyes of the scholar, but as he feared that he would offend his counterpart, Caj remained silent ion the matter. Politics were always a messy subject, and at the moment quite literally.

"Answer me this," Caj said, noticing the man's stutter, "what makes you so afraid? If it's anything that these highborns can't get wrong, it's militaristic security. As long as we stay put there is nothing to fear." That was perhaps as nice as he could phrase it. The stutter was beginning to become annoying, fellow historian or not. Perhaps he was afraid, perhaps he had a few screws loose. Either way, the scholar had no stomach for it any longer. He preferred the prison that the library had become to the stutter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back