Other Bullet Journals

To summarize, 

there's this creative culture surrounding bullet journals but for now, that summary is sufficient.

tl;dr it's a journal/notebook meant to work as a sort of "planner" that you can make yourself, since planners are variegated and don't meet all of everyone's needs—so the bullet journal comes in to help meet the user's needs, because it can be decorated and utilized in whatever way the user finds most convenient.

tl;dr 2: it's a self-made, customizable planner/journal

edit: I would recommend looking around youtube or something similar to see how and what people do with it, and look for other "how to bullet journal" videos

Last edited by a moderator:
What's great about bullet journals is you can use whatever notebook you want, you don't have to use their dedicated notebook!

I used a bullet journal all throughout university and recently picked it back up because I found I was juggling too much to keep it all in my head. I love the flexibility, I can take a page for a day, a week, or even a doodle if I feel like it.

If you start one, my biggest piece of advice is to keep it simple. Most of the videos on Youtube are tours of very fancy journals, with gorgeous calligraphy and complicated systems to track water intake, food, etc. Stick to the bare minimum and build upon it, else you'll get overwhelmed trying to track everything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a bullet journal, but I realized it's not for me. It's incredibly flexible, but I prefer a good calendar and planner to map out my day. @Leafa nailed it on the head, don't try to copy other people's journals. They were made specifically for them and copying them will convolute the whole process. I tried doing that to some degree and I ended up messing up my journal lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back