© Integrity: 2

© Awareness: 3

(F) Dodge: 3

(F) Presence: 3 [+1 Intimidation]

(F) Medicine: 2

(F) Athletics: 2

(F) Martial Arts: 1

Lore: 1

Linguistics: 1 (Old Realm, Flame-Tongue)

Last edited by a moderator:
It surely is. I was looking for details of the Devil Tiger's legend, but I couldn't find it here. Could you link me or repost it below? I'vve probably missed it in another forum.

Arbiter Caste:
The caste-mark of the Arbiter is a pair of black and white scales, divided into two parts down the center. Their banners are also divided vertically into black and white halves, usually containing opposite concepts and themes. An additional single color is present in both halves, which thematically represents the Arbiter's individuality.

An Arbiter may spend one mote to use their anima to brand a verdict upon a target, either Guilty or Innocent. Doing so is not painful to the victim, although the brand become Obvious to anyone with any sort of essence sight. This brand cannot be removed and can only be changed by the Arbiter. An Arbiter may also pay 5 motes to add his Essence in auto-successes made to a Perception+Investigation roll made in order to identify a magical effect or charm. This easily pierces magical and physical deception, granting the Arbiter +3 MDV against Illusions and Manipulation effects. This effect automatically comes into play once the Arbiter spends 11+ motes of Peripheral Essence.

Favored Abilities: Melee, Investigation, Resistance, Integrity, Awareness

Imperfection of the Monochrome Citadel:

Xentair is easily able to discern the innocent from the guilty. As such, she cannot let the innocent come to harm, even if it means letting herself take their place. Charms with this Imperfection are unable to function when the Arbiter willingly allows an innocent to come to harm.
The branding power - what does this look like on a mortal, or is it more like a tag of essence?

I'm not sold on the 'Detecting use of charms' power of the caste though. After all, that's what the obvious tag is for. Could you explain a little more how this would work?

I love the Imperfection, and the huge amount of work you've done on the concept and the charm set.

Lies to Ashes
Cost: 2m, Mins: Essence 2, Type: Reflexive

Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious,
Mirror: Judges Ear Technique (Core, p213)

Duration: Instant

Pre-Requisite Charms: None

It is by nature for Xentair to burn away any and all lies that she encounters. Only then can the truth be revealed.

By paying two motes, the Arbiter may test the validity of a verbal statement. Whenever a lie or a half-truth is
knowingly told, the words scald the tongue of the person speaking, causing them to cough out a brief burst of black and white flame as well a couple fleck of gray ash though they do no other physical damage. Lies baked with the use of Charms require a contested roll. In these cases, add the Devil Tiger's Essence in automatic successes to this roll.
This charm is almost a complete analogue to Judges Ear Technique, p213 Core. I've added some to the text (in red) to clarify the charm a little. If these would breath the core themes for the charm, then feel free to re-frame them / re do them. Now, judges ear technique costs 3m for the same effect.

NB: You have this charm listed twice for your starting charmset

Twin Arms of the Scales
Cost: - (+3m) Mins: Ess 2 Type: Permanent

Keywords: Combo-Basic

Duration: Permanent

Prerequisite Charms: None

The arbiter constantly balances the good and the evil of the world, and is ready to reciprocate evil whenever he encounters evil and good where he encounters good. This charm permanently augments the Arbiter's join battle roll. When the Arbiter pays three motes, he adds his perception in dice to his join battle roll. Any two weapons that the Arbiter can access are readied reflexively. As an added
bonus, upon learning this charm, the Arbiter permanently becomes ambidextrous.
This is a powerful charm. Not only do you ready weapons reflexively, but also add up to 5 dice to a JB roll, and as a minor effect get ambidextrous for free. Ignoring the latter, which is a very minor effect, this isn't out of the remit of an Essence 1 or 2 charm 9using a lot of martial arts charms here as reference). Readying the weapons reflexively is a nice touch... and because its a linked effect, I'd say that this is probably a charm with a mote or two more for activation cost. Not too many more though, 4 or 5...

Alabaster Vigil
Cost: 2m Mins: Ess 2 Type: Reflexive

Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious

Prerequisite Charms: Twin arms of the Scales

Xentair, although she is not compassionate, defends the innocent justly. She is obligated to defend herself and those who she has judged innocent for as long as she draws breath. This charm detects anything tainted with hostile intent such as an unseen projectile or a malicious trap. This charm negates surprise and allows for the full DV value of the Arbiter to be used against the attack.

At Essence 3+, the Arbiter may extend this protection upon others in his surrounding area. By activating this charm, he quickly intercepts and blocks any unexpected attack made against anyone (Essencex2) yards from him.
I've bolded some of this charm. Here is the scenario: You and two friends walk into a tomb and are ambushed by snuggle monsters. You use the Surprise nerf as the snuggle monsters attack your friends. You block ALL the attacks? The blocks are perfect? Can you see the area that might seem ambiguous?

Ivory Aegis Reflection
Cost: 8m Mins: Ess 2 Type: Reflexive

Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious

Prerequisite Charms: Twin Arms of the Scales

In the face of adversity, the Arbiter channels the full extent of his power and authority into his weapons. And through this, the Arbiter becomes unmovable and invulnerable.

Through this charm, the Arbiter's weapon takes on a brilliant white hue as his essence empowers metal to turn aside any blow. The blow is repelled back by the will and conviction of the Arbiter, rendering all attacks useless. This charm is a perfect parry which suffers from the Imperfection of the Monochrome Citadel.
Just needed to add a clarification to the charm (in red).

Defiant Pillar of Flares
Costs: 7m Mins: Ess 2 Type: Reflexive

Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious, Counterattack

Duration: Scene-Long

Pre-Requisite Charm: Ivory Aegis Body

An Arbiter remains unshakable in her will, and her heart and will cannot be changed. Reasserting her own purpose and her own mantra in the world, she purges anything that dares to challenge her identity.

This charm may be used as a counterattack when a shaping effect targets the Arbiter or anything that he has on his body. The purging flames of Xentair engulf the Arbiter and all objects that are physically connected to her, preventing any shaping effect from changing or affecting anything within it. Furthermore, the monochrome flames consume anything that comes into contact with the Arbiter, dealing (essence)L damage to anything that touches the Arbiter. The charm functions as long as the seven motes used to activate this charm remain committed.
Another perfect defense, this time against shaping attacks. I'm confused though - is this a scene long effect, or something that lasts while the motes are committed? The description and the duraton are at odds, at least in my mind. Sorry for being pedantic, its a curse

RAW, all charms require the activation motes to remain committed throughout their duration (Sorcerous charms may be an exception). This is one of the main selling points of Sorcery: It can do stuff that would normally require ongoing charm effects (i.e. heavy mote commitments) as instant sorcery effects (i.e. no mote commitment).

Okay I'll make most of the suggested changes...

Question 1: That aspect of the anima power was basically a copy of the Twilight's errattaed anima power except.

Question 2: Defiant pillar of flames is a mirror (with changed thematics) of Adorjan's shaping defense, in Fond remembrance of Adrian. The defense is active as long as the motes are committed.

Other than that, let me know if there's anything wrong.

I changed the text of Alabaster Vigil to allow me to apply my parry dv to attacks directed at the individuals around me. Sort of like defend other, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back