• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blackmore: Book of Shadows (CLOSED)

Seeing people gathered outside, Deirdre stood, putting down the old book. She walks over to the front, looking out the window to see a beam of light coming from the center of town.

"What in the world..." She says to herself, pushing the front door open to walk outside. People rush past, screaming and calling loved ones. Deirdre's eye's glaze over with white as she since's a great evil coming from the light. She thought to herself, 'what in Olympus is happening?!'

~*~

The library is dark and empty, the lights all off. The only light comes from the half open door that leads down to the private cellar where Saba lays unconscious on the cold concrete floor. Blood slowly drips from her forehead from a large gash she suffered while falling down the stairs. She groans, a great presence of evil clouding her mind. She begins to dream.

Dark

A hand white, skeletal hand reaches towards a small girl in white

The tips of the fingers graze her white dress

she bursts into flames

smiling

laughing

then screaming

crying

'MOMMY!'

she begs

Saba shakes her head

confused

the little girl slowly burns

her skin bubbling and scorched under the hot flames

her now black skin begins to crumble

she's a pile of ashes

Saba scoops up some of the ashes

in her hand, she holds a small mirror

Saba looks into the mirror and screams

Outside of the dream, Saba's bloodcurdling screams can be heard echoing throughout the dark and lonely library.

Deian's assistant helped him to his feet, the injuries were beginning to heal part from the slow healing abilities he had from the dragon's blood, the other part thanks to his assistant. Deian told her to take the rest of the night off he could handle things for a while. He never could figure out why she stayed at his shop, it was just a cover for the inquisition on the missing relics. But appearances are everything, maybe she had her own demons she was running from or maybe it was fate, he was never one to press for personal information. He did take notice of the Celtic bear head pendant she was wearing, he'd given her that for her birthday two years ago and this was the first time she wore it. Strange.

He had time to change quickly before going to meet the visitors, he appeared, making no sound as he walked barefoot, wearing dark lounge pants and Denver Broncos t-shirt.

"Good evening, is there something I can assist you with? I do have some pieces that might interest you all, such as water from Atlantis or maybe this lamp, I am afraid the genie isn't there any longer but it's a nice living room piece. How about some ice wraith teeth? They make a lovely necklace. Or perhaps you'd be interested in my book collection? Oh I see you're looking over the ingredients, no I nothing to do with those sea creatures demise, those things were brought here by some large looking woman who wore a dress that reminded me of octopus tentacles, she was an odd one."

He had his glasses back on and was carrying a book, one he was familiar with a close friend had been kind enough to give it to him and he flipped the pages while he let his visitors look around, his attention though focused on the rose that was in the one of the display cabinets, he needed a cup of tea and to his surprise there was one waiting for him on a side table, the one that looked like a moose, the cup was a white cup with silver trim and had all the birthstones in it, the saucer that accompanied was a silver saucer with a Celtic knot design.

As he watched his visitors he leaned on the display case that contained rings both magical and non magical.

Leo's eyes widened at the new magic man. He had a change of clothes, then, like a normal person. Maybe he had robes somewhere? Leo, once again, turned into a shadow (Basically. He can't really do that, he's just not sensed by anyone because when he blends in, HE BLENDS IN.), and stalked into the man's personal room.

Lexi Looked up when he said that "Ursula, yeah she would." Her sing sing voice said. She turned when. Elphaba walked up to her and shook her head. The flying monkey screeched from her shoulder. " I will need these things to cast a spell on a wizard in my land and oh yes a none charmed ring to charm for my little helper here."Elphaba said and nods to Lexi. Lexi gave her a seriously glare." The Wizard of Oz is one slippery human."Elphaba says. The monkey chattered at Lexi and Lexi turned her gaze to him."No, now quite down. No I will tell you later." Lexi said to the flying monkey.Elphaba had taught her to speak to them. Elphaba had just her green skin showing under her hat. Her hands as well other wise her skin was covered.

A young looking girl had just stepped into port. Her blue eye's looked about at this strange new world. She hadn't been off the island in years. Her light brown hair was in brown bouncy curls. She wore a blue dress and black flats. One of the sailors helped her down on ti the warf. She waved to them and started walking. Why had she been brought here, her face was confused and she was trembling.

The girl was pale, but still looked about 15. She wandered till she found the shop district. It was silent. She finally sat down and wept as she was lost and un sure.

A fog slowly crept into the street a figure walked down the street with almost horns on her head. She smirking and humming a familiar song as she walked. A raven sat upon the green ball attached to a long staff.

Irish Ice Queen

Deian's eyes flashed a deep blue color, someone or something was trying to enter his study.

"I'd think twice about that shadow man, Etrigan doesn't like people disturbing his rest."

He took a long sip from his tea cup, the green skin and the mention of Oz the great and powerful...

"Elphaba? Is that you? Holy crap, what happened to you? By all means you may have those, I no idea Oz was even still alive, the Arcane Academy said he was dead and you'd not been heard of in years. Who's your friend there?"

He was confused at the mention of Ursula, but didn't challenge it. He got the ring she requested.

"What type of charm or enchantment would you like on this ring?"

He was trying very hard not to look in the direction of the rose, especially over the covered display case. Etrigan had told him for years to put that in the vault, the pain it was causing him was distracting him from what he was sent here to accomplish. It wasn't smiled upon that he kept that cloth and even more so that something else now caught his eye it'd not been there previously, on the moose table was a thimble, the sorcerer looked as if he'd been stabbed in the chest. He had regain his composure quickly.

"Now is there anything else I can be of assistance with?"

(What's happening? It's like you're talking to several people at once. And are you talking to me? If not, I'll delete this post.)

Leo slowly looked at the man who mentioned him, squinting, his dark eyebrows blending in, not letting a single trace of eyeball show up. How the hell had he seen him? His eyes were closed, and no other things were distinguishable about him as he stalked in the shadows to the room. Leo closed his eyes again and tried to pass it off as nothing, and went into the study. He was just being delusional, surely no one could see him.

Elphaba looked up a small smile spread across her lips.

"oh you know here and there, water supposedly will melt me." She threw her head back and cackled loudly. Her flying Monkey went off screeching. She looked at him with a smirk.

"Well well it has been a while hasn't it."Elphaba said and pet her flying Monkey. Elphaba finally turned to Lexi.

"This is Lexington or Lexi a deadly songstress of the sea and my eye's and ears here."She says she handed Lexi the flying monkey.

"She is really good with them and ahh as for the charm my dear I shall do it. Its a sea fairing charm brings the sea to her when ever she needs it." Elphaba said and chanted the ring glowed then went to its natural color. She handed the ring to the girl.

"I did promise no good deed will I attempt to do again. Bit of a dramatic flare I guess.Be a dear Lexi Take Horus outside in the mist Maleficent does not like to be kept waiting long."She handed Lexi a small bag and sent her on her way. Lexi gave him a small beautiful smile.

"Hello and goodbye. I guess."She said in her tinkling melody voice and walked out with Horus.

Elphaba turned to him.

"so what do you know, I see it in your eye's something is coming and it isn't good."She said with a dark grin.

Lexi stood out side waiting for the woman she new all to well. "Maleficent Elphaba has a message for you and a package." Lexi said relaying the news and hands over the package. The witch laughed and smiles.

"Thank you Lexi dear."with a pop she was gone.

Lexi turned seeing a girl crying. She looked around confused and walked over to her.

"You okay?" She asked. The girl shook her head.

"No I am lost I was supposed ti meet my two brothers here, but they never showed. The Captain promised. "She said

Irish Ice Queen

(I was talking to several people at once, trying to keep all the characters in so that they have openings)

His attention returned to the rose and thimble, was someone toying with him? Whoever it was knew something...a way to get at him.

He turned his attention back to the entity trying to get into his study.

"I'm warning you, if you go in there, I'll not be held responsible for what Etrigan does to you, I may not see you, but you did set off one of my wards that warns me of anyone or anything trying to get in there."

Deian's mind was racing the appearance of the thimble was beyond disturbing he was pretty sure Elphaba wasn't behind it, but he wasn't sure. He'd already lost Katrina, his daughter's mother, then he lost the one woman he'd loved as much as his daughter she was the one that had given him the cloth he had wrapped his leg in. But she was with the spirit of youth or the guardian of an island, he couldn't recall the name of the place.

"Elphaba, did you see this? I know you didn't put that there but would you have any idea who'd be sending me this message?"

He finally got the courage to pick up the thimble, he tried hard not to think of her...the Book of Shadows was the first part of this inquisition he couldn't lose site of that, nor could he ignore Hovarth being on the loose.

(oh, I see. I was just confused.)

Leo looked back at him. Apparently, he could see him. He opened his eyes and got out of the shadows. "What do you want? Who's Etrigan? " he asked. Who was this 'Etrigan' he was talking about?

Markus made his way into the library slowly, still stumbling a bit from the drink. He was about to start the fifth chorus of the "gold" song he'd been singing under his breath when he heard Saba's screams echo around him. "Oh, Christ. This can't be good." He slurred to himself, trying to clear his head enough to be of any help. He began walking with more determination, still a little clumsy but rapidly gaining control of his faculties. "Hey! Whoever this is, I'm gonna try and find you, alright? Just... Keep screaming I guess. Don't die or whatever." Markus yelled, making his way slowly through the dark library towards the source of the screams. He'd only been in there a few times before, mostly so he could hunt down random cookbooks or (extremely unhelpful) books about Fenrir, so the library was as much a building full of books as it was a labyrinth to him. "You're, uh, you're still screaming. That's good though! Keep at it. I think I'm getting closer! There's less echoes in any case. Don't die!" He yelled again, very slowly making his way towards the cellar door and the light therein. "Oh great. I've never been in here before. Welp. Time to see how much help I could actually be in this situation." Markus thought bitterly, creeping towards the stairs down to the cellar proper, and the source of the screams. "Ma'am! You, down there! Can you hear me at all? You pretty clearly need some help, what with the screaming, but you're gonna have to tell me what happened, alright?" He called out, grabbing the handrail of the stairs tightly with one hand and making a slow descent towards Saba.

Deian's mind was still fully on the thimble, he rarely got unnerved, but this was on that level, it was the same on the woman's handkerchief he carried on him at all times, it bore similar initials as the cloth he'd had his leg wrapped in: W.M.A.D.

All the commotion had woken Etrigan, and now the small dragon emerged from Deian's study. He was about the size of a bulldog and was a greenish black color, with eyes that were the color of rubies. His tail was unique one that looked capable of issuing a deadly sting, his attention was on his master's but clearly was sniffing for the intruder that was attempting to enter the study, he brought to his master a small crystal ball, but Deian was struggling with the meaning behind the thimble.

Etrigan had to all but force the damn thing into Deian's hands and smacked his master in the back of his legs to get his attention back on his company.

"Oh my apologies, can offer anyone a cup of tea? And as for the intruder...Etrigan will find you, as now he's up and you'd best come down here with the rest of us, I am afraid dragons, especially this one can be very temperamental and I cannot call him off if you make him angry."

It was here that he noticed that Etrigan had forced a crystal ball into his hand, Deian sighed gripped the thimble like he would that of something that held great meaning to him, he put it in his pocket with the handkerchief and waved his hand over the crystal ball, it began to glow a slight red color, he closed his eyes as if sending a message to someone.

Leo scoffed in disguest as he walked out of the shadows. His only protection were shadows. He could've died years ago if it hadn't been for the shadows. Shadows seemed to like him, and protected him, but it seems that this dragon could find him even in the shadows. Maybe it wasn't possible, but Leo still walked out of the shadows. It was too risky. He put his hands up and said "I'm no intruder. I'm a guest." while grinning. He did walk into the store, so he was, technically, a guest.

Saba's body lays at the bottom of the stairs. She wiggles around, moving her head back and forth. Her body moves as though she is struggling under somebodies grip, though there is nobody there. She is fast asleep, though she continues to scream as if she where being attacked. Sweat beads up on her forehead and a look of shear terror clouds her face. He closed eyes can be seen rapidly looking around, searching behind her tightly shut eyelids. The blood on her head is now smeared on her face as well as the floor, and her chest is moving faster and faster as her breathing accelerates. Everything continues to get more and more violent until her screams finally form one coherent sentence.

Sitting up quickly, her bloodshot and tear flooded eyes flash open as one finally scream escapes her soft lips.

"It's here,"

The words echoed through the silent library as she turns her head to see a stranger standing before, reeking of alcohol. She let one last whisper.

"It's...here.." She warned before collapsing back to the floor and going limp. Saba lays unconscious on the cold concrete floor, her breathing is shaky and uneven, still coming out in slight whimpers. The dream was over, but the nightmare had just begun.

"Ma'am, I'm gonna need you to... aaaaaand she's gone. Great." Markus swore under his breath and put his hands on his hips. "So I've got an unconscious lady who spent the last few minutes screaming, in the basement of the library, and she's bled a bit." He sighed and went about picking Saba up and resting her across one of his shoulders like a sack of flour. "Alright, whatever it is that happened to you, ma'am, I have a feeling it isn't something the hospital could figure out. So I guess I finally have an excuse to go in that wizard's shop. Hup!" Markus muttered, making his slow way up the stairs and into the library proper once again. A few of the lights through the library had turned on once again and the rest were slowly flickering in that strange way compact fluorescent bulbs did occasionally when you turned them on. He was thankful most of the people cleared off the streets between the library and the store he was headed to.

A few minutes later, Markus arrived at the door of Mandalay Occult and stared at it a bit. He could hear people's voices from inside; just some casual conversation it sounded like. "Hope they don't mind a halfling carrying a lady who looks like she met the wrong end of a bar fight interrupting the flow of conversation." Markus thought wryly as he opened the door. "Oy! Hate to be a bother here, but I think we've got some sort of portentous ghost or somethin' in this lady. Might wanna go about doing something to get it out, yeah? Not that it's any of my business what she does with ghosts in her spare time. Also, hey, I'm Markus. I'll be your halfling this evening. Now, about this ghost or whatever." He bellowed, pushing his way into the shop and gently lowering Saba to the floor. "I don't even really know this woman, so if you need things like her name or what have you, all I can tell you is I found her down some stairs in a part of the library I've never seen before. Not that I've seen much of the library. You know how hard it is to find Dwarven books in this town? You'd think we never wrote any or something like that! Repository of knowledge, my ax." Markus continued, backing away from the woman he put on the floor and crossing his arms over his chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back