• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Bright

Lucius Cypher

Delicious Friend
You awaken one day in a temple. A strange place, in a far-off world. You awaken alone here, with a few items scattered about. Clothing, some supplies, weapons, and skeletons. It's a frightful place but you don't seem to be in any immediate danger. As you gather your equipment and walk out into the surface, you find yourself in a ruined village near a coast. The smell of sea salt was heavy in the air. The sun was high into the sky. It doesn't seem like there was anyone living here. What few buildings remain are either buried in sand or covered in foliage. Surely no one lives here... Except, in the distance, you see a young girl wandering around. Following her was a strange cat, one that wore clothes and walked on two feet. Neither hasn't seemed to notice you yet. It seems like they're looking around the ruins for something.

"Ouch, where in the Feywild am i?" Auld Nquill would think to himself as he wakes up in this bizarre temple. Very much confused he looks around at the various things scattered about, skeletons included before picking up his equipment that somehow wasn't stolen while he was... Unconscious? He certainly didn't know. "Best not think about that now " he assures himself before heading out of this temple.

The smell of the sea hits him hard, a smell he isn't uncomfortable with given that he did live near the sea, though not as close as this was, he is more used to fresh cut grass of the forest. Looking around, this area appeared to have been a village settlement at one point or another, though it seems no one was around at the moment. That is when he lays eyes on the young lady with something that looked like a cat in its features but walked on two legs? He knew magic existed and that mages were capable of such things but this was only his 3rd time seeing it and his first time seeing possible magic in this way. The other 2 occasions were the rather basic elemental spells, as in conjuring fire and lightning.

Auld makes his way slowly to the girl and her odd feline that gaze around the ruins, "Hello miss, the name is Auld Naquill. Were you looking for something?"

The girl turned to you with a start, and the cat immediately looked like he was on the defensive too. He took out what looked like a whip with multiple cords tipped with knots. He looked like he was ready to fight but the girl knelt down and whispered to him, causing him to stay but still keep his eyes on you. "H-Hello. Um, we're just looking for food. We haven't eaten for a while and we haven't found much to hunt, so we thought there might be supplies here. Um..." The girl seems unsure if she should say anymore than that. She seems to have some weapons on her, a shortsword and a small crossbow, but unlike the cat she hasn't taken her weapons out yet. "W-Where did you come from, sir?"

"W-Where did you come from, sir?"

"A temple from within the ruins of this place " he would respond to her honestly, as for hunting i haven't really checked for anything around here yet so i wouldn't know for now. " He then would check his bags for rations, "Hm i have a few rations i can share with you, they aren't going to be that good but at least it's something that should help you not starve to death out here, wherever 'here' is."

The girl looked eager. The cat was still suspicious, but was willing to put his whip away and went to get the rations. He gives both to her and the two have a quick exchange about sharing rations and decide that they will eat one for now. The two eager eat the ration, evidentally not knowing that you're suppose to eat it throughout the day and finish the whole meal in one sitting. They seemed really hungry. When the girl finished eating she looked at you with a bright smile. "Thank you sir! My name is Xia, and this is Dani. We're travelers. Are you also a traveler? Or maybe an adventurer?"

"Thank you sir! My name is Xia, and this is Dani. We're travelers. Are you also a traveler? Or maybe an adventurer?"

"More a traveler for now, but i would be always looking for some kind of adventure" he nods. I just sorta woke up here in this place really" he then adds while they eat the entire ration. "When was the last time you two ate?" Auld then asks watching them scarf the ration down. This was a bit weird, more in that he just woke up here. Why was he here in the first place?

"Um... Two days ago I think. We had fish." Xia says with a nod. Dani still seemed hungry but he wasn't complaining. "Um... Do you know where we're at?" Xia asked. She doesn't seem to know where she's at either. This place lacked any sort of writing or signs. If this was a named location, that was a long time ago. However they wouldn't have much time to talk. In the distance there was a loud screech coming from the skies. Dani was on guard as Xia looked to you. "Oh no! We have to hide!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back