• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bermuda Academy - Courtyard/School Halls/Clubs

DevonWrites

You have been selected to join the staff and students at the most racially diverse school in the world. We at Bermuda Academy pride ourselves on our tolerance of all creatures, be they fae, shifter or even human. All are welcome in our hallowed halls, so long as they meet certain criteria.

You will find enclosed a copy of the school handbook, a course selection guide (enhanced with magic to be filed in the school logs when you indicate you are finished with the word "finite") and a key that will open to your dorm room from any door in the world, to make moving in as simple as can be.

We look forward to your arrival and all the ways you will make our school even better. See you soon!

Sincerely,

Professor Amelia Draconis
Headmistress, Bermuda Academy

Last edited:
Available Courses

Self Defense
History of Creatures
History of Humans
Potions
Spellwork
Transformation Studies
Current Events (Creatures)
Current Events (Humans)
Political Studies
Summoning 101
Runes
Home Economics

Available Clubs

Art Club

Dorm Assignments

Male 1: Keaton Moondancer and Kanji Hiragana
Male 2: Lucas Remmington and Kent Hersing
Male 3: Barzath Satanson and Dovahmiin
Male 4: Makoto Toragai and Arata Kiriyama
Male 5: Rielle Lor and Andrew Hadley
Female 1: Futaba Nanami and Hecate Ravenwood
Female 2: Callisto Ashford and Neferati Vayne
Female 3: Vienna and Clara Purnell
Female 4: Melody Heartfillia and Sammy Chills
Female 5: Enna Watley and Moon Silverlock​

Last edited:
When Keaton turned the key, he was half expecting it to be a dud, or to lead to the middle of nowhere in the South Pole where he'd live out his remaining years hiding under piles of penguins to keep from freezing. Or, you know, something. But no, it really did open up into what appeared to be a dorm room. There was a simple double bed with cornflower blue sheets on either side of the door, as well as what he assumed was a bathroom on the far wall.

The desks were made of mahogany wood with simple rolling desk chairs, and attending here apparently meant you got a brand new laptop. Keaton wasn't great with technology, but he could still appreciate the gift. Beside the desks were bookshelves made from the same wood, already containing text books and various classics, like Alice in Wonderland. It took him a moment to find the small closets in the far corners of the room, and was surprised again when he opened one to find how spacious it was. He concluded that magic likely had something to do with it.

Shrugging, Keaton plopped down on the bed to the left of the door and began pulling out a few of his own things to set on his bookshelf and desk while he waited to meet his roommate.

Last edited:
Kanji had just recently been forced out of the courtyard for spilling an assortment of inks everywhere. Some got on a fence, some got on the tree he'd been doodling under, and don't even get me started on the poor grass. The poor things. This ended up in both him being forced out, and the courtyard becoming it's own color filled masterpiece, at least, in his eyes.

So Kanji had been kicked out (in?) to his dorm room. He quietly unlocked the door and slipped in without a sound, finding someone else already unpacking inside. No one had told him that he'd be rooming with someone, or had they? They did, actually, he was just too busy drawing the secretary to notice. Kanji took in the sights of the room, finding them rather plain and boring. Sighing silently, he went to go sit on one of the beds, taking out his sketchbook and started doodling.

What he was doodling, you may ask? His new roommate, of course. They were the only interesting thing in the room after all! Besides, Kanji had forgotten what he'd been drawing outside and didn't feel like spending the rest of the hour trying to recapture his inspiration.

DevonWrites DevonWrites

Perking up slightly, Keaton tried to ignore the way his ears shifted towards the person who was apparently his roommate, and he would forever deny any implications of tail-wagging. He didn't actually do any more than glance at the other, not wanting to look like a puppy, desparate for attention. He would play it cool, wait for the other to instigate conversation.

He waited for what felt like years (but was probably more like five minutes) for a greeting, but nothing. Clearing his throat a bit awkwardly, Keaton turned slightly to face the other.

"Um, hi. I'm Keaton. I guess we're roommates? Nice to meet you." He held out a hand like how he'd seen adult humans greet each other and hoped for the best.

K KodomoYamiya

Last edited:
Kanji took a glance up when his roommate, Keaton, introduced himself, holding out his hand for some strange reason, effectively ruining the pose that Kanji had been sketching. He just waved his ink brush hand in an attempt at greeting, which ended up in a bit of ink falling on the bed, and went back to his sketch. Miserably trying to salvage the sketched Keaton's pose from his own memory, Kanji sighed silently to himself.

DevonWrites DevonWrites

Hecate was slowly making her way through the halls, her heavy leather and fur coat warming her up quickly as the schools heat system did its job. She sighed and gently tugged at her fur rimmed hood, her pale fingers disappearing in the black fur while her wide eyes glanced by each dorm room door. Her heart raced as she gripped her key and wondered what it would be like. Though by now she was already missing home and her heart ached for the familiar as everything she passed by was new and foreign.

Eventually she stopped and used her key, taking deep breaths as she quickly stepped in.
"Hello?"
She stood in her doorway, looking around the empty room. At least empty for now that is. Her nerves were calm for now as she walked in and put her satchel on her bed as well as her coat before browsing the room. The books were a familiar and thankful sight and the wooden furniture a nice reminder of home. But when she came upon the laptop she stopped and stared at it. She stared for awhile actually before trying to mess with it.

Keaton blinked owlishly at the other a few times before turning away awkwardly. "Oookay then..." Time to continue unpacking. Maybe he'd head down to the big common area downstairs later and hope to meet a friend there. "Just don't make yourself look desparate. That scares people away..." Why, yes, he does often talk to himself. Thank you for noticing.

Lucas paused for a moment, hearing movement from the other side of the wall. He thought that he had heard a voice, but now there was only silence. That must be his neighbor moving in. He half considered going next door and introducing himself, but decided against it. It’d be best to give his neighbor time to settle in lest he rudely interrupt them. Nevermind the fact that he had finished unpacking hours ago. Perhaps he was a little too eager to attend school. Glancing back out of his window, he frowned at the courtyard. Hopefully, his neighbor wouldn’t be the vandal that coated the courtyard in ink. He winced in sympathy at the faculty attempting to remove the ink from the grass and dirt. That would take a while.

Lucas silently wished the faculty well before moving towards his desk. While there were no classes scheduled for today, it didn’t mean that he couldn’t look around, right? He felt that getting acquainted with his new home was a matter that should be addressed immediately. Not too far though, Lucas reminded himself. He didn’t want to miss out on introducing himself to his neighbor. He grabbed the school’s handbook to bring with him and gave the blackened courtyard one last glance. At least it wasn’t me this time.

Stepping outside of his room, Lucas made his way down the hallway. Surely there was a parlor somewhere.

Kanji looked up at Keaton as he got back into the position he'd been sketching before, of course, now the original flare of it all was gone. Kanji sighed once more to himself, completing the trifecta as Keaton started talking to himself, finding the other's voice rather pleasant to listen to. Granted, he usually liked listening to something while he sketched, it was easier to get in the zone with background noise.

Kanji looked up at Keaton for a while, signifying the end of his sketching period, having finished and being extremely satisfied with the result he now wanted to show his new masterpiece to his new friend in his new room. Another trifecta! This was already starting to give Kanji an inspirational spark, the kind of inspirational spark that spawned the Ink Yard Incident of the new school year.

Shaking his head, Kanji slipped off the bed and tapped Keatons shoulder. Already eager to show off his current favorite art piece, well, second favorite, the little ink ghosties would always take first. Then again, the Ink Yard Incident was pretty good too, good enough to classify as his true second favorite. Would that make this piece his third favorite, then? But then... That would mean... ANOTHER THIRD! It's a trifecta of trifecta's! He was already starting to wonder if Keaton would mind if the room was painted...

DevonWrites DevonWrites

Hecate kept poking around the laptop until she finally got it open, its wide shiny screen showing her reflection. She mused at the device and tucked her long purple hair back out of her face to get a better look when she noticed the power on button. She touched its silvery smooth surface before putting just enough pressure to boot it up and next thing she knew she was met by a loud sound and a very bright screen. She gasped and then yelled as she fell back on her floor with a loud thud.

She wasted no time quickly sitting up and darting out her door. She was panting and looking disheveled as she stood in the middle of the hallway in the black dress her mother had made her and her bare pale feet on the floor below.
"Wha-what kind of magic was that..."
She put her hand to her chest and sighed, now feeling as anxious as ever.

Neferati had just arrived at Bermuda academy , she hadn't been anywhere else besides home for most of her life, so she was incredibly anxious , she was directed to her dorm rooms and had unpacked , she brought so much clothes and fine jewelry that she didn't have enough space and just threw everything under her bed, she knew she had a roommate but didn't see them . Which she was glad off , she didn't know what to expect. She sat at the edge of her bed , tugging at her rose gold dress in anxiety, she looked to the door than to the window , she was really away from her family, she felt awful as her claws sunk into the bed poking holes in them, she wished for the best , and knew she was only here because her family wanted her to be safe.

She got up fixing her hair , deciding some fresh air would do her some good as she stepped out of the hallway. before she looked to see another person, a female she thought to herself , Neferati jumped back slightly, not understanding why she was so afraid or anxious that is. "Is something the matter?" she said calling out to the her The Darkling The Darkling

There was a tap on Keaton's shoulder while he was still mumbling some nonsense about maybe starting Mario Party Fridays and he looked up curiously, eyes wide and head tilted slightly to the left. Yay! Social interaction! No, his tail was definitely NOT wagging, be quiet.

His eyes were drawn to... Himself...? Huh... Keaton leaned a bit closer, eyes narrowing slightly as he studied the portrait. "Daaaamn. I think I look better in that drawing then I ever have in the mirror." His eyes travelled back up to his roommate's face. "Anyone ever tell you, you got real talent?"

Last edited:
Kanji grinned as he received the light praise, sure people had told him he had some talent before, but recognition always felt nice. Especially since this was one of his favorites at the current moment. He then shook his head, realizing no one had ever said those exact words to him before, since he'd always be doodling over most things it had been seen as a hindrance more then anything in the administrations office.

He shrugged, talent wasn't going to get him very far anyways. For now, he just remembered something important. He'd never actually told Keaton his name, granted, he couldn't tell him. Though he did realize something, he'd written it down for the administration on his sketchpad, since well, it was his only way of communicating. Quickly he flipped to that page and showed Keaton, silently beating himself up for having forgotten something so important.

DevonWrites DevonWrites

It took a moment for Keaton to realize what he was actually looking at. "Kanji Hiragana...? Is that your name? Like... Your name is Japanese alphabet? Is your middle name Katakana...?" Somewhere in the back of his mind, Keaton wondered if he was talking too much. The rest of him just wanted answers to his random questions.

Hecate was running her hand through her hair when she heard a females voice, her eyes snapping up in her direction. Her appearance shocked her for a moment but then mainly intrigued her. She straightened out and tried to look a bit more calm.
"In my room..there is a..a..well I really dont know but it was loud and bright and.."
She stopped for a moment to catch her breath.
"Im sorry if caused an issue or commotion.."
She blushed now, getting nervous and shy as she realized she was probably acting odd. Her eyes moved to the floor where the bracelet on her ankle distracted her from problem.
Smaaycheese Smaaycheese

Kanji nodded, meaning to answer all the questions at once with just a nod. Though he still wasn't sure what his middle name was, he was pretty sure it started with a K, and he liked the idea of having the Japanese alphabet as his full name. He'd even done a drawing on it when he first came here. It made sense, though right now he had more important things to do. Like making the trifecta the world deserved! Quickly Kanji put away his sketchbook inside his clothes (where he stored most essentials), and started gathering his inks, a smile similar to that of a mad scientist making it's way to his lips.

DevonWrites DevonWrites

She tilted her head in confusion , she didn't understand exactly what the girl was trying to say , but it obviously made her anxious. "Well.. i'm assuming that this academy wouldn't put something in our rooms that would harm us.. but maybe if it's causing you concern we could find someone to help? you could come with me , i was just going to go outside for some fresh air. I myself never heard of anything that was super bright and loud. " she said chuckling to herself The Darkling The Darkling

Hecate nodded and smiled at the girl. Was she older than her? Younger? She couldnt quite tell as she looked at her more closely.
"Thank you I would like that greatly. I think some air would do me good I just need to grab my key really quick.
She went back into her room though she was cautious as she did. She eyed the laptop as its screen was still lit up but now silent as she headed towards her bed where her key sat. She snagged it and then moved quickly back out to the hallway. She was still just in her long dress, her hair hanging loose and free past her waist.

As she walked up to the girl she was careful but smiling.
"Thank you for the offer..it was really kind"
Smaaycheese Smaaycheese

Lucas paused for a moment, hearing movement from the other side of the wall. He thought that he had heard a voice, but now there was only silence. That must be his neighbour moving in. He half considered going next door and introducing himself but decided against it. It’d be best to give his neighbour time to settle in lest he rudely interrupts them. Nevermind the fact that he had finished unpacking hours ago. Perhaps he was a little too eager to attend school. Glancing back out of his window, he frowned at the courtyard. Hopefully, his neighbour wouldn’t be the vandal that coated the courtyard in ink. He winced in sympathy at the faculty attempting to remove the ink from the grass and dirt. That would take a while.

Lucas silently wished the faculty well before moving towards his desk. While there were no classes scheduled for today, it didn’t mean that he couldn’t look around, right? He felt that getting acquainted with his new home was a matter that should be addressed immediately. Not too far though, Lucas reminded himself. He didn’t want to miss out on introducing himself to his neighbour. He grabbed the school’s handbook to bring with him and gave the blackened courtyard one last glance. At least it wasn’t me this time.

Stepping outside of his room, Lucas made his way down the hallway. Surely there was a parlour somewhere.

Vienna let out a soft sigh when she got to the academy. Vienna had heard of this academy and it wasn't long until her mother decided that it was best to put her in. Vienna rubbed her dragon gently and she heard the beautiful creature groan, it was sending her only positive signals. Vienna and her true dragon were linked instead of Vienna changing into a dragon herself, her true form comes out and is a being of its own. But once her dragon goes down, so does she. Vienna feels every pain that her dragon feels and the other way around. Vienna got down from her dragon and she opened up her arms and pushed her chest out and she let out a soft breath that looked of smoke and with that, her golden dragon seeped into her chest where it will rest until she has summoned it again.

Vienna closed her eyes, "Until later my kala." Kala was the name that she gave her dragon, she knew that it was a being of its own so what better way then to give her own dragon a name. Vienna walked inside and she was directed to the dorms, when she went inside she let out a soft sigh and she immediately found her room and went inside. When she got there, her things were already there and placed where she liked since she had come here a day ago with her mother and father to get her settled in. Vienna looked around, her things were simple, yet very detailed. Vienna walked out of the room and closed the door behind her, hoping that when she came back, she would find that her roommate is there. Vienna roamed the entire building and a part of her was really missing her home because the architecture in her homeland was so grand and beautiful that it outtopped this academy. Vienna still thought it was a nice academy. Vienna saw a guy down the hallway and she could feel his aura, he wasn't human for sure so he must be a creature. Vienna walked down the hallway and towards him, "Hello." She said calmly with a soft smile. "Are you lost?" She asked him seeing that he was walking down the hallway and he seemed like he was looking for something.

Neferati smiled when she wa complimented. " I can understand where you're coming from , there are things here i've never seen , so it's a bit startling.. , " she looked around thinking to herself . " well this place is bigger than i anticipated, maybe if we go down the hall we'll find some help , i think it would be rude to just knock on the other doors " with that being said Neferati beckoned to the girl , and as she walked she gasped " oh! i forgot to say! my name is Neferati.. what is yours? " she asked " cant believe i forgot to introduce myself, i seem to have lost my manners entirely" The Darkling The Darkling

“Hello, are you lost?” Ah, so there were other students roaming around. Turning to properly greet his potential classmate, he smiled.

“Not quite my dear, just exploring.” Wasting no time on propriety, he offered her a modest bow. First impressions were of the utmost importance after all. “My name is Lucas Remmington, second son of the Royal Demonic Family of England. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance madam,” he said before straightening himself once more. He carefully examined the woman in front of him. Her horns and ears were an obvious declaration of a non-human species, but what kind was still unclear. Perhaps a yokai? She appeared to be of possible Asian descent, and he had heard many tales of yokai and oni dominating the East. While curious, it would be rude to outright ask her. Instead, he asked, “And with whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with?”

“Hello, are you lost?” Ah, so there were other students roaming around. Turning to properly greet his potential classmate, he smiled.

“Not quite my dear, just exploring.” Wasting no time on propriety, he offered her a modest bow. First impressions were of the utmost importance after all. “My name is Lucas Remmington, second son of the Royal Demonic Family of England. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance madam,” he said before straightening himself once more. He carefully examined the woman in front of him. Her horns and ears were an obvious declaration of a non-human species, but what kind was still unclear. Perhaps a yokai? She appeared to be of possible Asian descent, and he had heard many tales of yokai and oni dominating the East. While curious, it would be rude to outright ask her. Instead, he asked, “And with whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with?”

Vienna was shocked to see how well he was presenting himself, she was grateful for that since most people in the human world don't usually take the time to give an introduction as such. "It is very nice to meet you, Lucas." Vienna said as she flashed him a smile. "Vienna. My name is Vienna and only Vienna, last names are not commonly used among my people. I am the ruler of all dragons and protector of all gods." Vienna hesitated the last sentence to him. Long ago, Vienna would be afraid to tell people of who she is since people of different species have heard of a golden dragon that has scales that turn to gold. She was hunted down before, but that was hundreds, if not thousands of years ago and now she was living in a 'modern,' world as those call it. "...just exploring? It seems as if you were lost," Vienna said as she tilted her head just slightly to him.

As they walked Hecate looked to her and smiled.
"Very interesting name..mines Hecate and im very pleased to meet you. And I understand im not yet very good at introducing myself to others. In fact.."
She got shy again as she spoke but chuckled.
"your the first ive really actually met and spoke to in well..all my life besides my mother"

When she said it out loud she knew it sounded odd. All she wanted from this point was to live the life her mother wanted for her. Or as she had said it sometimes, the life her birth mother tried taking from her.
Smaaycheese Smaaycheese

Users who are viewing this thread

Back