Be Jealous - Site News

Flagg

The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment
I just checked, and my new apartment is in range for Verizon's FiOS broadband service. That's a direct fiber-optic connection.

I think I'm going to opt for the cheapest package, which is a 5Mb downstream and 2Mb upstream. I could shell out another $10 a month and get a 15Mb downstream instead.

The good news for this site is that you guys will be benefitting (primarily) from the 2Mb end, which is 16 times faster than this site's current bandwidth.

This is also good news for the site because it means that I'll be able to allow hosted avatars, and perhaps even a downloads section.

The best part is that this change is only 2 weeks away. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what could be added to exploit the site's new, fat pipe?

-S

I think a small downloads section would be cool. Avatars, we can handle with our various online hosting plans.... ie photobucket. ^_-

I'll activate avatar hosting anyway. That will hardly put a dent in a 2mb stream, and it's less hassle than a separate image hosting service for most people.

-S

Congratulations! Wish it was me. Buuuut, if I could get a line like that here in Denmark I would probably have to pay through the nose.

Please tell me you'll put out the measly ten bucks for a tripled download rate - you won't regret it.

Relic said:
Please tell me you'll put out the measly ten bucks for a tripled download rate - you won't regret it.
I dunno. 5mb is more than twice as fast as I'm used to anyway.

-S

But but but ... ten dollars is what? A trip to the movies?

We're talking massive suction down your pipe here! Who cares if you need it? Consume!

Don't piss him off. He might have some gargantuan Swedish friends. Danes, and Scandinavians in general, are not people to be trifled with.

As for things added to the site . . . I would like a greater selection of Emoticons with more animation to them. The crying Emotion cannot accurately convey sorrow, and the mad one looks more like it is a racist caricature of an Asiatic than an expression of rage.

I WANT!!! Damn wish I could get a fiberoptic to my fucking house.  That 2MB upstream woudl be nice I get 512 on my connection and my server sucks it for that fact too.

Andrew02 said:
Don't piss him off. He might have some gargantuan Swedish friends. Danes, and Scandinavians in general, are not people to be trifled with.
If any of those teutonic cocksuckers have a problem with me, I'll be waiting. Bring it.

Andrew02 said:
As for things added to the site . . . I would like a greater selection of Emoticons with more animation to them. The crying Emotion cannot accurately convey sorrow, and the mad one looks more like it is a racist caricature of an Asiatic than an expression of rage.
Request denied. I enjoy racist caricatures.

-S

:x

I see no problem here. My ancestors are honored that the greatest expression of rage that you can use, resembles my people. We bask in its sweet embrace, and know that when the Yellow Peril laps upon your shores, that you will be prepared to bow down to your masters.

:twisted:

The yellow peril is already here. Vancouver has a huge Asiatic population, and I see far too many Asiatic students at my college for my liking, all speaking not-English.

Hey Still, something I've noticed and hopefully it's me and not everyone else is that this site though on DSL, loads far slower than other I visit, including other forums.

Not only that, but it happens both at home, and at work. Just thought I'd let you know.

Hey Still' date=' something I've noticed and hopefully it's me and not everyone else is that this site though on DSL, loads far slower than other I visit, including other forums.[/quote']
It's actually on a cable connection right now, which has its upstream capped at 128Kb (only twice as fast as dial-up).

Next Sunday, the server will be moved to a connection with a 2Mb (2048Kb) upstream. The difference should be noticeable and extreme.

-S

Stillborn said:
Wow, Relic. You sound like an American.
Agreed, I do. I don't condone the consumption attitude in general but I will attest to being a bandwidth whore. :-)

Relic,

Teutonic cunning linguist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back