• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

BBCode - table borders

Dusky

Succubus
Simply put, I can't seem to make them show up. The official guide says I have the options of dotted or dark, but either way, if I type something like

Code:
[table=dotted]blah blah blah[/table]

Then I get this.

blah blah blah

I'm not seeing any dotted border there. Is it just my computer not showing me, or am I doing something wrong? Problem with coding?

[QUOTE="The Staff]TablesPurpose: The Table is made to display and format data in square cells.

Important Note:

The code

table

declares the contents to be inside of a table. The table accepts the options of

'none'

'dotted'

and

'dark'

which will change the borders of the table.

Important Note:

The code

tr

defines a table row, the amount of cells inside of all table rows needs to be equal after accounting for column spans. The

tr

accepts the option of

'grey'

or

'gray'

which will give the entire row a darker background. This is used to highlight a row.

Important Note:

The code

th

td

and

tf

declare a table cell that is defined as a

table header

table data

and

table footer

, respectively. All of these codes accept the option of

a number

(such as

td=2

). This declares the column span, which will make the cell take up that man columns.

Code:

Code:
[table]

[tr]
[th]This[/th]
[th]is[/th]
[th]a[/th]
[th]Table[/th]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]Data A[/td]
[td]Data B[/td]
[td]Data C[/td]
[td]Data D[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]Data Q[/td]
[td=2]It can span multiple columns[/td]
[td]Data F[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[tf]Footer A[/tf]
[tf]Footer G[/tf]
[tf]Footer TY[/tf]
[tf]Footer Final[/tf]
[/tr]

[/table]

Example:

This is a Table
Data A Data B Data C Data D
Data Q It can span multiple columns Data F

[/QUOTE]
I believe this is the only option we have as far as tables go. So, what you're looking to do isn't just table=dotted /table it'd be a table=dotted tr /tr /table.

Oh, I see. I guess I'd have to say then that the portion of the guide that I quoted is quite misleading, given that it clearly states that the table will accept the border-modifying options of none, dotted, and dark. Maybe remove that portion?

Code:
[table][tr][td]Tutorial[/td][td]A session in which one person provides examples of how to do something to other people[/td][/tr][/table]

TutorialA session in which one person provides examples of how to do something to other people

TutorialA session in which one person provides examples of how to do something to other people

You need Cells and Rows in a table or it wont work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back