• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

BBCode gone crazy!

InactiveCoffee

Inactive
Okay... So I was trying to edit my thread... and add a few things to the starting post... and the Fieldset bbcode just started going crazy!

I'd have it typed out correctly in the editor, with the [ fieldset = title ] [ / fieldset ] around what I wanted it around (the 2 Warning blocks and the 6 following FAQ's), right?

Then, I hit "Save changes" and it cuts the fieldset off under question #4, starts an identical one that then envelopes the entire rest of the post... or it would seem now just the last 2 questions of my FAQ list....

Not to mention the added indents and number bullets just after my note that I delete in the editor, and they magically reappear when I hit save and return to the actual post...

and I just noticed the final accordion in my list got broken into 2 accordions with 2 slides each... @_@ What did I do??? T_T

Please help! @_@

Here's the thread link btw

Are you using the Rich Text Editor? Sometimes, when you use the Rich Text Editor, it likes to add extra coding - I've found the issue, and it does seem to be a Rich Text Editor thing. I can get you the code if you like =D

Uhm, How do I know if I'm using the rich text editor? xD I just click edit at the bottom of the post and use whatever pops up. If I'm making major changes, I'll click more options....

and Des... it would be lovely if you'd give me a hand.... I'm not a wiz at coding so I freak a little when it starts to go haywire... xD

At the very right-hand corner, there is a wrench symbol. Click it and you'll be out of rich text editor. The rich text editor has the little bar on top of the draft. When you are not using rich text editor, it is not there. That's your first problem. The rich text editor is a beast and will not help you in any fashion. With complex pieces of coding, it messes everything up. Do not use the rich text editor. Save everything in a word processor like Word or Google Docs.

So it appears that the Rich Text Editor wasn't the only issue. Having extra coding on the actual fieldset coding itself (such as font changes, and the like), also seem to freak it out. I'm going to see if I can work it so that it keeps your font in the title.

The rich text editor is the default box that you use to edit code. If you look up at the upper right hand corner, you should see a wrench - that's the 'BBCode Editor', which does not add text. The Rich Text Editor does its best to help you out, including closing up unfinished code - but it does throw many, many tantrums.

Oh goodness Muse, we're both on a beat xD

You cannot change the way a fieldset appears. You can only format the coding inside of it. Try saving your work without the rich text editor first before looking for alternatives.

Okie dokie then! No more rich text jigger stuff when I fix the post... xD And the font really isn't an issue, Des, but thank you :D

My thread's BBCode did it again... @_@ I went to my thread, started looking through it... and my accordions (starting with the "Sort Of" Open Plots section) are wonky. The slide titles look to be missing letters... or something... @_@

it looks like it fixed itself... maybe it was just my computer? I dunno.

It looks like you are using some of the Google fonts in this thread. Those will take longer to load than the fonts that were already available on the forums. You just need to wait for them to load. ( :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back