[Awakened Anima] [Awakened Anima] [Q&A] Verashay [pseudonym] (Shadow 1)

hellrazoromega

Department of Redundancy Department.
Q: "I don't believe we have met, who are you?"

A: I would be Verashay (like most D'Anjayni Nephilim she does not give her real name to any but those she trusts completely and it has been so long since that has happened that she had not spoke her real name aloud in years). I am a quiet person who sees problems in the world, problems that cannot be confronted with a head on approach. So I do my best to solve them in more---subtle ways. I think that most people will never be able to do terrible things that must be done. To ensure that they may lie content and peaceful at night, those like me must do those awful things in their name."

You character isn't human. Since souls are reincarnated and not inherited genetically, how did you learn about this? Did someone teach you? Do you know others with your particular "origin"? What did your parents think? Has it ever caused you trouble?

Betrayal she trusted someone once and it cost her dearly, they used her name to take advantage of her and she swore it would never happen again. That was of course after she researched and had some understanding of what had happened. She does not know any others like her but her research had turned up rumors, stories and hints. So she has suspicions, stereotypes and folklore which may be all true, all lies or somewhere in between. What she does know is that her real name gives people power over her, that is the only thing sh is sure of. Sadly her parents were part of the price, he father died and her mother wad gravely wounded. The shame has kept her away from her mother for many years and she has not idea if her mother blames her, misses her, hates her, loves her, or all of the above. She vowed that was the last time she would allow it to cause her trouble so long as she could help it.

Betrayal? What was it? Who caused it?

Where did you find your information? Research at libraries? Talking to sages? Hedge witches in the wild? The Church? Does she trust the source of her information, does she believe it all to be true? Or is she as suspicious of the sources as she is of the knowledge she gained?

A man by the name of Karnis, who claimed to be a friend of the family and acted as one for years but he proved himself to be lair. He learned Verashay's true name--the events of that night are a blur and she has only flashes she is not sure if the memories are truth or more lies. All she remembers clearly is her father dead, her mother wounded and all the blood around their house and on her person and only some of it was hers. She remembers her father's sword in her hand, a weapon she still carries, so that she is still connected to her parents and out of fear that she might forget--even though such a thing would e next to impossible. She remembers the fear and panic and that her flight or fight response told her to flee. She is not sure of she is being pursued but she sometimes feels as if she is being watched (could be real or paranoia).

She searched libraries and spoke to contacts on the streets where she learned to survive, some how she learned to be a very successful thief--maybe too successful, if there is such a thing. She asked about others like her that might have an affinity for the darker places of the world. Her fear that she may be pursued makes her avoid authority figures like the Church where and when she can. She is unsure of the information is accurate but it is all she has to go on so she acts as if it is true, but warily for fear of further betrayal. Due to her past she is suspicious of everyone at this point.

So, you went to libraries and talked to those on the streets. Then you grew up in a more civilized area, one of the larger cities perhaps. What was it like being in such a large city. What did you like, what didn't you like about the city? How did you manage with all those watchful eyes all around?

This man, Karnis, did he know who you were? What you were? Was he deliberately trying to manipulate you, or was this some power over you he simply stumbled upon? Have you seen him since that night he betrayed you?

Cities are great because there are so many people to blend in with. She learn that certain people seem to be unseen by others. If you are poor and downtrodden or even if you are not but dress and act like you are you will not be "seen" by many people. If you are a servant or act like you are you can be ignored. It is almost as if some people are embarrassed to acknowledge that you are there. So long as she can "hide' as one of the unwashed masses she feels safe even among so many people.

Karnis was a "friend" of the family who became corrupted at some point, maybe he was lying all along. Verashay does not know when he found out what she was or if he always knew--only that he spent a long time planning his betrayal. He did it with some goal in mind. She has found hints--but only hints--that here parent were important somehow. She suspects that they were spies who know some great secret but that is mostly here dreaming, it could be they were on the run from something. it could be that they were some sort of exiled nobles as easily as it could be that they were criminals hiding from their past, or that they were trying to hide her, it is one of the things Verashay has yet to find out. She longs to find her mother and ask her directly but she is fearful of what that encounter may bring. She suspects Karnis found out this secret and hers and used it to get revenge or attempt to blackmail her parent and things went wrong--or they went right if revenge was the goal. She has not seen Karnis since that night, but not for lack of looking.

((I have one question in return. I know from my last characetr that the starting money does not give you enough to get much in the way of equipment and that in order to have decent equipment you need to have the Starting Wealth merit. Are we going to have so starting equipment based on or background or will I need to get Starting Wealth--just want to know so I can weave an explanation into her background))

((Starting money will get you to buy some of your basic equipment. But you aren't supposed to have the good stuff yet. But I wouldn't worry about that,as part of the plan is to outfit you relatively quickly with some better stuff than starting equipment. You will have several options to do this, depending on the way you start out the adventures.

This means, I'll be giving you stuff. Part of that will be in agreements with other people, so you won't be exactly getting it for free. But part of it will be found, assuming people are smart and survive the very beginning.))

You seem to have an enemy already. Do you have any friends? Are there people you turn to for friendship, or are you a loner by nature? More importantly, are there people you rely on, or people who rely on you? They may not be friends, but people you know. Maybe you only know of them, but work to gain their attention?

Also, what do you plan to do with Karnis should you find him? He obviously knows more about you than you seem to know. What will you do with him once you find him? Is this just for vengeance? Or perhaps there is another reason why? And if he knows your name doesn't already have the best weapon to use against you?

What ties you to your home? Anything? Is it simply that you have no where else to go? What would make you leave? And is there anything that would hold you back?

((Once you have answered these questions, go ahead and roll stats. 1d10 x8. Toss any rolls of 1,2,3 and reroll. Standard rolling for a character. Then let me know what die you would replace with a 9 instead.))

Verashay has a soft spot for orphans and the dispossessed, pole who are on the run or down on their luck. She calls some of then friends but her experiences don't allow her to fully trust anyone. she had some contacts she has met while working to survive on the streets or gather information about what she is. She trust small children the most, usually if they steal or betray the believe they are doing it to survive, into to gain power or out of malice. So she will do what she can to help street urchins and may have picked up a reputation as a protector of street children.

Verashay plans to do whatever it takes to stop Karnis from doing what he did to her again, or from doing it to anyone else. For a long time she thought that meant that she need to kill him, but her time on the street has made her rethink that. She is afraid not only that he will fond her but that she will find him and be powerless to stop him. So part of her search is some way she can defend herself or break his hold over her.

Verahsay tells herself that she would like to see her mother again but she is not sure of she can face that. That is the only thing that both keeps her from leaving and may indeed convince her to leave. All the doubts may force her to leave, other than that she has no ties that are set in stone. She would feel guilty about leaving the children she helps and protects but not some much so that she would allow it to tie her down.

[dice]469[/dice][dice]470[/dice][dice]471[/dice][dice]472[/dice]

So if I replace a 6 that should give me 7, 10, 6, 8, 7, 6, 10 and 9

So, if you like the dispossessed, how many of them are in the city? Some cities have more than others. Would you classify your city as having fewer or greater numbers of dispossessed? How present is the Church involved in taking care of taking care of the poor?

How would you arrange your stats that were rolled? Two 6s and two 10s. How do the two lowest stats shape your role? How do the two high stats accent your role? As a Shadow, you would be a secondary combatant with some thieving abilities. How strong are you looking to take your combat abilities v. Thief skills.

Do you want to arrange your secondary abilities before you start spending your creation points? Or will the advantages and disadvantages shape your role better? I posted a character sheet that you can use if you don't have a PDF version to use. You should be able to get most of the first tab complete right now.

The city has slightly more dispossessed that others, the Chruch is present in aiding people but Verashay distrusts authority because she fears there nay be punishment for what she has done in the past--whether this fear is valid or not remains to be seen.

She is agile and dexterous but her power and her strength get the two 6s her strength is just above average and as is her power, this was how Karnis was able to control her, by breaking down her supernatural resistance. This is why she seeks some manner of supernatural defense before she faces him again. She is very quick but not so strong due to her speed and small frame.

She is a decent fighter, this has come from her time scrapping on the streets. But she far prefers attacking from stealth or out smarting her enemies--she knows she is not the smartest but she is often brighter than the street scum that she faces. With her strength she knows she is no good in a stand up fight against a stronger opponent so she uses her speed and her guile. Where and when she can she will use ranged weapons, or a melee strike from stealth.

I've sort of got an ugly version of the sheet done up just to get the numbers down--I can clean it up before posting the final version.

Note : I assume we are able to pick our APP---I am leaving it at 5, she is very average in appearance, the sort of person who could blend in to a crowd easily because she is so average and does not stand out.

Verashay (Shadow 1)

LP

Appearance 5  

STR 6  

DEX 10  

AGI 10  

CON 8  

INT 7  

POW 6  

WP 7  

PER 9  

PhR 40  

MR 35  

PsR 35  

VR 40  

DR 40  

(+63 vs supernatural detection)

Initiative: 60

Attack Ability: 45

Defense Ability: 40 Dodge

Wear Armor: 25

Racial Abilities:Pass Without Trace, Forgetfulness, +30 to Resistance vs. detection, Silent Whisper, -3 XP

MK: 25 (25 unallocated)

Ki Abilities: Ki Concealment (87)

- STR DEX AGI CON POW WP Total
Ki Accumulation 1 2 2 1 1 1 8
Ki Points 6 10 10 10 6 7 47

Level 1 (Shadow): Stealth +15

Advantages

Regeneration (1), Night Vision, See Supernatural

Secondary Abilities: Acrobatics 25, Athleticism 25, Climb 20, Disguise 35, Hide 40, Jump 10, Lock Picking 35, Notice 25, Search 25, Sleight of Hand (prestidigitation) 65, Stealth 55, Swim 20, Theft 25, Track 15, Trap Lore 25

Unarmed Combat:

Initiative:

Attack: 45

Defense: 40 Dodge

Damage: 15

Size 14 Medium

Regeneration 4

Movement Value 10  

Fatigue 8  

DP

Trap Lore (+10), Stealth (+20), Theft (+10), Lock Picking (+20), Disguise (+20), Hide (+20), Acrobatics (+10), Athleticism (+10), Climb (+5), Jump (+5), Swim (+5), Sleight of Hand (+10), Aikido (Base), Projectile Weapons, Throwing, Different Type / Unarmed (Dagger, Sword), Wear Armor (+20), Dodge (+20), Notice (+5), Track (+5), Search (+5), Attack (+25)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent points, I dunno if this will work or if I need to tweak my numbers some? I also have no Idea of what do with my 25 MK points?

Okay, let's back track some. First, you get 600 DP for first level and 3 Creation Points. You can spend up to 60% in combat abilities, 50% for Supernatural and 50% for Psychic. I am assuming you didn't go for much in Psychic or Supernatural. And no more than half your points can go into attack or defense. The 25pts in Martial Knowledge is for Ki abilities. The first costs 40 points, so unless you use Freation points to up your MK, you can use Ki yet, but will have the ability to learn some next level.

I am assuming your CP were spent in Regeneration, Night Vision, and See Supernatural for 1 point each?

Your attacks and defense might be a little low f you plan on being more fight oriented, fair if you plan on being more rogue oriented.

Yeah I used the character generator here and to my knowledge it kept track of the point for each category (at least that is what is said it was doing). But I can surely tweak points it looks like the game sort of steers you toward being highly specialized in a few areas rather that well rounded in several areas. You are right about the CP. I need to read up a bit more on the MK I just did not know what to do there, unless those point can be bank until I get more (If getting more is even a thing)?

Only four ways exist to obtain or increase MK, which are as follows:

Class: By the mere fact of belonging to a certain class, a character obtains MK points. Each class provides a certain amount of MK at first level, and characters obtain additional points every time they go up a level, as indicated in the description of the classes in Chapter 3 of Anima: Beyond Fantasy.

Martial Mastery: Using the Martial Mastery advantage, a character obtains a bonus to his MK. This bonus can only be obtained during the creation of the character, and it does not get added again when the character goes up a level. See Anima: Beyond Fantasy, page 17.

Martial Arts: Some Martial Arts grant a certain bonus to the MK of a character. This benefit is only obtained at the moment the character masters a certain style, and not every time the character goes up a level.

Investing DP: A character can spend Development Points to increase his Martial Knowledge. Each 5 DP that he invests for this purpose provides 5 MK, without concern for the class or Archetype to which he belongs. This cost falls under Primary Combat Abilities, and it cannot surpass one tenth of the total Development Points of the character. That is to say, a 1st-level character could invest up to 60 DP to increase his MK, whereas a 5th-level character could spend up to 100 DP to increase his MK.

hellrazoromega said:
Yeah I used the character generator here and to my knowledge it kept track of the point for each category (at least that is what is said it was doing). But I can surely tweak points it looks like the game sort of steers you toward being highly specialized in a few areas rather that well rounded in several areas. You are right about the CP. I need to read up a bit more on the MK I just did not know what to do there, unless those point can be bank until I get more (If getting more is even a thing)?
Specialized or generalist is your choice. There are benefits both ways. It means if you face a tough fight early on, it will seem a lot tougher, or you might take more damage or be less useful. On the other hand, if you need to do something less common, like climb to a rooftop and track a thief, you are likely to have some skill which could help out.

MK is a total. You spend them when you can to get Ki abilities. Any unspent are help for later. They aren't a spend or forfeit point system. And you don't need a lot of Ki abilities early because you aren't playing a Tao or a heavy Ki fighter, so developing later will let you see what you like from what the Tao gets and uses.

Ok I may go back a toss around some pint I figured to be good in combat but not awesome, more of a scout and rogue type and I think I'd lie to be better at defense than attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back