• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Flickering in the Dark

Kirko

Takes a licken and keeps on... ew, you licked me
I'm hoping to do a survival story line where you and I go through incredible hardships, but survive by banding together. Not sure what kind of apocalypse it is yet. Here are a few ideas:

Pandemic:

Doomsday Virus: A virus that ultimately destroys 95% of the population. It leaves the world in shambles, but let a few survivors live on. Everyone wants what the other has, they fight... blah blah blah.

Zombie virus: Pretty much 'The Last Of Us' virus, because that seems like the most realistic portrayal of the zombie virus. Except 'World War Z', but that doesn't even give us a fighting chance.

Not quite apocalypse:

Alien Invasion: Aliens invade... we fight back?

Dystopia: I don't know what exactly the scenario would be, but I just like the idea of the government chasing after us for some reason

War Torn World: Just caught in between to battle fronts of sides who don't care or don't have the resources to save the civilians. Got the idea from the game 'This War of Mine'

Other:

Nuclear Holocaust: Pretty self explanatory. This could be like Fallout or Mad Max. I'm okay with either, but I know more about Mad Max.

Sun Flare: Creates a huge EMP which destroys all electrical devices. Not big enough to destroy the earth though. It's like the Doomsday Virus world except more people and no electricity.

Kirko said:
I'm hoping to do a survival story line where you and I go through incredible hardships, but survive by banding together. Not sure what kind of apocalypse it is yet. Here are a few ideas:
Pandemic:

Doomsday Virus: A virus that ultimately destroys 95% of the population. It leaves the world in shambles, but let a few survivors live on. Everyone wants what the other has, they fight... blah blah blah.

Zombie virus: Pretty much 'The Last Of Us' virus, because that seems like the most realistic portrayal of the zombie virus. Except 'World War Z', but that doesn't even give us a fighting chance.

Not quite apocalypse:

Dystopia: I don't know what exactly the scenario would be, but I just like the idea of the government chasing after us for some reason

War Torn World: Just caught in between to battle fronts of sides who don't care or don't have the resources to save the civilians. Got the idea from the game 'This War of Mine'

Other:

Nuclear Holocaust: Pretty self explanatory. This could be like Fallout or Mad Max. I'm okay with either, but I know more about Mad Max.

Sun Flare: Creates a huge EMP which destroys all electrical devices. Not big enough to destroy the earth though. It's like the Doomsday Virus world except more people and no electricity.
Seems interesting, I'd be down

Kirko said:
Cool, which scenario do you like best?
Kirko said:
Pandemic:

Not quite apocalypse:

Other:

They all seem pretty cool and I'm really into the idea of us surviving by working together.

The pandemic ones, I think they would be a bit more action-y, I'm not that great at writing out action lol, I like to focus more on dialogue when I rp, but I'd still be down for it, I think a bunch of great plots could be thought up with these situations. I'll just adapt and learn how to write better action sequences if we do this one

Alien Invasion: Not really into aliens that much, but with a great plot I'd do it

Dystopia: Really into this one. I'd be really into the government chasing us down too lol

War Torn World: Again action lol, But I'd do this one too

The 'others': I'd be fine with these too.

That's what I think of those scenarios, which one are you most wanting to do? It's up to you, I'd contribute just as equally with either one.

We can do the dystopia one. I'm really not sure what the plot would be though. I don't really want to do something that's already been done, like Hunger Games, Divergent, The Giver, or The Maze Runner. If we can't come up with anything at all I suppose we could do a knock off though.

Maybe we could combine dystopia and also come up with some sort of apocalyptic scene? But yeah, I'd wanna be unique too

Do you have any ideas?

Just a thought, but what if we had a zombie apocalypse where the gov was still in control a little. We somehow find out they're perpetuating the virus for some reason. We know too much and try to catch us. Feel free to say no or alter it. Not too much into the future. Probably like at least 2040, not past 3000. In that range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kirko said:
Just a thought, but what if we had a zombie apocalypse where the gov was still in control a little. We somehow find out they're perpetuating the virus for some reason. We know too much and try to catch us. Feel free to say no or alter it. Not too much into the future. Probably like at least 2040, not past 3000. In that range.
Great! I was hoping we wouldn't be too far into the future.

and Alright, how would we find out?

I had a little thought too, I was thinkin' maybe we could be guns for hire in a gritty little apocalypse world, we find out about the gov's corruption after killing a high positioned guy and then they're on to us. Zombies are still there, but they're really only a threat when we travel to different cities and have to go out into the open world - We could have some sort of like "chance encounter" with each other and that'll be our intro

Cool! Are we going with that?

I think we still need to come up with a world design though, get all the details set up lol

Is there anything you want to add or change?

We'll need a setting too lol, I'm thinkin' Arizona, maybe it'll look like Fallout New Vegas, But bigger cities, Like the overworld will look like Fallout, the cities will be more like The Last Of Us and more spaced out for a more "adventure" type feeling, idk just some ideas

What do you think would make a good setting?

I think Arizona would be a good start, but I think the story should take them all over America. Maybe even take them through bits of Canada and Mexico. You okay with that?

When do you think we'll be able to start? I think we have enough to just be able to improvise, but more planning is good, idk lol I've never done this before

How about we come up with a quick overlook of our characters, then show them to each other. After that I think it's safe to say we can start. Here's a template that I usually use to come up with characters.

Name:

strengths:

weaknesses:

Personality:

Appearance:

History:

important facts:

other:

Also, I don't think I want to be a mercenary. I don't mind if you're a mercenary, but I think if I was something else it would make things a little more diverse.

Yeah, It'll be more interesting that way

and Alright I'll be making my character.

Are we going with realistic or cartoon/anime characters?

Alrighty, I was kinda thinking more realistic, unless you wanted the anime styled.

Well, I don't really like the anime style anyway, so If I had to settle for it, It wouldn't be too cartoon looking.

And another question, Do you want some romance in the story? Or are we just going to be survival partners?

I'll switch up my character depending on your answer lol

Alright cool. I just think it would feel weird doing a romance thing with a dude. I'm all for the romance if you want. What age you shooting for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back