• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An Folaithe Domhanda: The World Amongst Our Own

Pequeno Burraidh

Beag Combatiente
"The year was 2194 when it happened. When the United Coalition of Western States, Clans of the North and the Unified Front of Eastern Powers found out about us.

The Humans had advanced greatly in their power of technology, and we watched as it happened. Their cars began to soar through the sky rather than roll across the ground, their weapons became even yet more fearsome than before.

We didn't mind though. There was always some cause for worry, but as long as we remained in our folds we were safe, and we were hidden.

That is, until our meddling failed to stop them from destroying the last vestiges of non-magically tainted plantlife needed to power our wards, massive 'folds' in the earth that hid us from view. They allowed humans to step right through our lands, thousands of kilometres at a time, and never even know it, as it simply stepping over a crack in the pavement.

Those came loose, though, and our worlds unfolded into theirs. It almost sparked an immediate war, as many of their most important buildings had been placed directly on two sides of the fold. The four person Cabinet of the UCWS actually fell into the great King of the Cluas Géar's own dinner party, and neither race was to keen on that. Thankfully they came to agreements, and for the most part peace reigned between us.

Still, things were tense for the longest times, and after a bout of vigilante justice dealt upon a human male in his teens by the Tíre Gaoithe, fears began to run wild and racism flew through the air on the backs of words and actions.

First borders were restricted, then rights. The humans, in their defence, were right to fear us. We were mighty beings after all, with powers that they could only atain through their technology.

Then war came.

War that has driven our kind back into our lands, losing ground weekly, and losing lives faster than that.

This doesn't concern me though. After all, I started this war, and I would see my power rise as it finishes.

It's not like anyone is going to stop me."

¬
Excerpt from the journal of a madman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back