• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern bad ideas gone right

Hazel_

:)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Summer sat at her cluttered desk, textbooks piled high around her as she furiously scribbled notes, finishing up the last assignment for her psychology class. Her room, adorned with calming hues of blues and greens, was a sanctuary of books, her haven for intellectual pursuits. Outside her window, the setting sun painted the sky in hues of orange and pink, a stark contrast to the cozy haven she’d created within.

The clock ticked steadily, echoing the rhythm of her pencil against paper. As she concluded her final paragraph, a sense of accomplishment washed over her. Summer stretched her arms, letting out a relieved sigh. Glancing at the time, she grabbed her bag and hurried downstairs.

With a purposeful stride, she made her way to the café where she worked part-time. The café, a quaint spot nestled in a bustling street, exuded warmth and comfort. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the sound of soft jazz greeted her as she stepped in.

Behind the counter, Summer donned her apron, tying it securely around her waist. She greeted her coworkers with a warm smile, taking her place at the register. It was a familiar routine, one she found solace in after the rigors of academic life.

1703624352953.png

Caleb picked up his walking pace and shoved his hands deep into his hoody pockets. He licked his lips and sucked air through his teeth. He braced himself as he came close to the lady in front of him. He tripped on an imaginary obstacle on the sidewalk and plowed into the women causing them both to fall. "Oh crap" He called on his way down.

The lady squealed in fright in response. "He- ahh" just as quickly as he had fallen he scrambled to his feet and picked up the ladies bag only to dump all the contents on the ground. "oh man... he groaned. I'm so sorry!" he hurriedly started putting things back in the bag. But his desperate scramble was a ruse and he plucked a single credit card from the ladies' bag. he put the rest of the items back in the bag and helped the lady stand.

"I'm so sorry mam" He spluttered "Are you OK?"
The lady stood flustered and a little upset. "Watch out would you, there's the whole sidewalk we can share!"

"You are so right, my bad. I'm in a hurry" He pointed over his shoulder "gotta get to work."

The lady huffed and he began walking away.

He walked around the next corner and got out of her line of sight. He ran to the nearest cafe and ducked inside pulling back his hood.
1703634795362.png
Once inside he got in line and made his way to the register. "Hi, I'd like a large coffee with two shots of vanilla two blueberry scones a bottle of water, and a sandwich." He then handed over a credit card with the name Magaret Thatcher, to pay for his meal. "Oh and no whipped cream."
He flashed a smile and winked at the girl behind the till.

Summer bustled around, taking orders, serving customers with a genuine smile, and occasionally engaging in light conversation. She found joy in the simplicity of these interactions, each moment a glimpse into the lives of the diverse patrons who frequented the café. Summer walked back behind the register as another male walke over.

Summer glanced down at the credit card handed to her by the mysterious customer. Margaret Thatcher? That seemed rather unlikely. She furrowed her brow, a hint of skepticism creeping in. As she punched in the order, her curiosity grew.

When the man flashed her a charming smile and winked, Summer couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. His hurried demeanor and the peculiar name on the card didn’t quite add up. She had a knack for reading people, and something felt off about this situation.

As she prepared his order, she observed him discreetly, noting his darting glances and fidgety movements. When he reached for the card again to pay, Summer intervened smoothly. "Hold on a second," she said, crossing her arms casually. "I need your name for the order, please."

He fidgeted as he waited for his order. This place didn't suit him well, everyone here was in business casual attire or making important phone calls. He tapped at his belt as he looked around the shop. He liked people-watching but the people in the coffee shop were boring. It looked to him like they were all pretending to be busy or do something meaningful. The people making the coffee were more interesting to watch. He turned back to the girl at the register who asked for a name for the order.

His smile dropped slightly. "Name's Caleb." He lifted a brow at the girl. and shrugged. "I'm picking up the order for my mom." He added quickly. It was nothing unusual though this girl seemed to carry distrust for him in her question. It didn't bother him, he stole the card but it's not like he was buying a car with it.

Summer observed Caleb from behind the counter as he fidgeted while waiting for his order. His demeanor struck her as incongruent with the usual patrons who frequented the café. She noticed his discomfort amidst the business casual crowd, a stark contrast to his casual attire and nervous energy.

When he reiterated his name as Caleb for the order, Summer couldn't help but notice the slight shift in his smile and the quick addition about picking up the order for his mom. His explanation didn't entirely convince her. The way he glanced around, tapping his belt, seemed more like a nervous tic than the actions of someone simply waiting for a coffee order.

Despite his attempts to appear nonchalant, Summer sensed something amiss. Her intuition buzzed, and she felt a flicker of suspicion about Caleb's intentions. There was an underlying tension between them, an unspoken acknowledgment of the ambiguity of the situation.

As Caleb picked up his order and moved to a corner table, Summer kept a watchful eye on him while attending to other customers. She couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to this encounter than a simple coffee run for his "mom."

Continuing her tasks, she maintained a composed demeanor, but her mind raced with questions. Who was Caleb, really? What was his story? And why did she feel a sense of unease lingering in the air after their brief interaction?

While the café buzzed with the chatter of patrons and the clinking of cups, Summer couldn't help but feel a tug of curiosity urging her to dig deeper into the mystery that Caleb seemed to carry with him. She resolved to keep a discreet watchful eye on him, intrigued by the enigma he presented amid the ordinary backdrop of the café.

Having secured his substantial food order, he found a table to settle down and savor his meal. Engaging in people-watching, he gradually relaxed as the nourishment and warm coffee permeated his system. Although the girl at the register had been initially suspicious, he had successfully obtained what he desired, and no one was bothering him at the moment.

However, his sense of ease dissipated when he noticed the same girl persistently glancing in his direction. Whether it was over the coffee roaster or the espresso machines, her watchful eyes followed him. Unwilling to be merely observed, he took a decisive sip of his coffee and rose from his seat. Walking over to the counter, he called out to her, "Hey, coffee girl," waving for her to approach. "Is there something on your mind? You've been looking at me as if I'm about to explode or something. If you think I'm acting crazy, just say so, alright?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back