• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Background Image Issues

Shadow

Akin to a Fool
This is something I’ve been struggling with for a while, so I guess it’s about time I asked for help.
I have a div background that’s mostly black with a symbol in the middle and I want the symbol centered behind my content. No matter what I try it seems the background only shows black or shows a bunch of little versions of the image, neither of which I like. I’ve tried condensing the material (putting the content in scrolls to shorten the post) which almost gets the symbol centered, but it’s still noticeably offset. How do I make sure the pic is centered no matter what?
a3519ef8c30d36ae1a2472de92cd6f5a--bright-lights-pretty-lights.jpg

Also along the lines of background image problems, I’ve noticed that with slides, the background image tends to shift whenever the slide is opened and closed. Is there a way to avoid this?

And last question, I promise, is there some way to give slides the same background as the rest of the post, like scrolls do? For instance, if the background is an image, can I get it to flow smoothly from the main background into the slide when it’s opened?
Thanks in advance!!

You have to tell the background what to do, basically.
If you don't want the image to repeat, you tell it no-repeat. If you want to have it contained within the div, you can do that to, such as.

asd

Code:
[div=width:300px; height:300px; margin: auto; color:white; border:5px solid pink; background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/attachments/heart-jpg.450130/?hash=20745320a68047487e69243fc7c83071') no-repeat;
background-size:contain;]asd[/div]

I would suggest taking a look at the directory thread pinned for such resources ;3

Attachments

• heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2
You have to tell the background what to do, basically.
If you don't want the image to repeat, you tell it no-repeat. If you want to have it contained within the div, you can do that to, such as.

asd

Code:
[div=width:300px; height:300px; margin: auto; color:white; border:5px solid pink; background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/attachments/heart-jpg.450130/?hash=20745320a68047487e69243fc7c83071') no-repeat;
background-size:contain;]asd[/div]

I would suggest taking a look at the directory thread pinned for such resources ;3

Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back