• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: Ash & Steel Characters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Character Sheet Template

Code:
[TABS]
[TAB=Background]
[B]Name:[/B] (Self-explanatory)
[B]Playbook:[/B] (Self-explanatory)

[B]Training:[/B] (Choose one from Waterbending, Earthbending, Firebending, Airbending, Weapons and Technology)
[B]Fighting Style:[/B] (This doesn't have to be more than just a short phrase or a rough description; it's just something than makes your character different from others with the same training)
[B]Background:[/B] (Choose up to two from Military, Monastic, Outlaw, Privileged, Urban and Wilderness)
[B]Hometown:[/B] (Either a canon location from the Avatarverse that exists during this era, or a homebrew one)
[B]Demeanor:[/B] (Each Playbook has six demeanors that complement it; you can pick one or more of these, or come up with your own)
[B]Look:[/B] (You don't need much more than their most noticeable features, but feel free to go nuts. If you decide to use image claims, please use ones of characters who wouldn't look completely out of place in the Avatarverse)

[B]History:[/B] (Each playbook comes with five questions, the answers of which explain how they came to be who they are today, and why they have this particular playbook. As long as you provide them, you can pretty much write out the history however you like. The questions are generally along the lines of the following.)
[LIST]
[*]The first question concerns your character’s motivation— why they act as they do and what’s most important to them.
[*]The next two questions are about the non-player characters (NPCs) important to you. The GM plays these characters, so if you get stuck, ask them for suggestions.
[*]The fourth question is about an object or symbol that belongs to your character—something really important to them, like Avatar Kyoshi’s makeup or Katara’s necklace.
[*]The fifth question is about why you’re committed to the group—why you choose to be here, with these companions, pursuing the group’s purpose. Make sure to use this connection to explain your character’s attachment to the group focus.
[/LIST]

[B]Connections:[/B] (Two of these, each determined by your Playbook.)
[LIST]
[*] Connection #1
[*] Connection #2
[/LIST]
[/TAB]
[TAB=Conflict Stats]
[B]Stats:[/B] (Determined by Playbook, but you can add a single point to one of them during CC)
Creativity:
Focus:
Harmony:
Passion:

[B]Fatigue:[/B] [_][_][_][_][_] (Starts at zero)

[B]Conditions:[/B] (All start unmarked)
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]
[B]Balance:[/B] (Both Balance and Center start in the middle of the graph. Your Balance and Center are represented by "B" and "{_}" respectively here here.)
Principle #1 - (_)-(_)-(_)-{B}-(_)-(_)-(_) - Principle #2

[B]Moment of Balance:[/B] (Determined by Playbook)
[/TAB]
[TAB=Playbook]
Playbook Feature: (Determined by Playbook)

Moves: (Pick two from your Playbook)
[LIST]
[*] Move #1
[*] Move #2
[/LIST]
[/TAB]
[TAB=Techniques]
(Start with one Mastered Technique, and one Learned Technique. For each Technique, specify what approach it is - Defend and Maneuvre, Advance and Attack or Evade and Observe - and whether it's Learned, Practiced or Mastered)
[/TAB]
[TAB=Character Advancement]
(All of these start unmarked.)

Growth: [_][_][_][_]

Growth Question: (Determined by Playbook)

Growth Advancements:
Take a new move from your playbook: [_][_]
Take a new move from another playbook: [_][_]
Raise a stat by +1 (maximum of +2 in any given stat): [_][_]
Shift your center one step: [_][_]
Unlock your Moment of Balance: [_][_]
[/TAB]
[TABS]

Last edited by a moderator:

• Name: Duanmu Taka or Captain Duanmu of the Emerald Rangers or the Merchant Sho Shin
    Playbook: The Pillar

Training: Weapons
    Fighting Style: An uses a combination of martial arts, whip, and blade
    Background: Military and Wilderness
    Hometown: Ba Sing Se
    Demeanor: Confident and Warm
    Look: 1686101463929.png

History:
    How did you rise to lead a renowned squad or group?
    Being the son of General Duanmu, Taka had to work his way up to command the Rangers, particularly since he was not an earth bender. His natural leadership and charisma lead him to rise very quickly to become Captain.

Who was your closest friend and confidant in the squad?
    His second in command is an older NCO named Chang Lo. Chang is an old friend of his father and was Taka's Mentor.

• Who never thought you deserved to lead the group?
    Long Feng did not want the son of his most dissenting General commanding an autonomous unit that he could not control directly.

• What uniform, heirloom, or symbol do you carry as a talisman of the group?
    Taka wears a gold star pin with an embedded emerald as a sign of his rank and unit, as well as the distinctive emerald green cloak with the gold star embroidered in it.

• Why are you committed to this group or purpose?
    Taka knows well how the war with the Fire Nation is going and sees this mission and group as a way to possibly end the war sooner than later.

What noteworthy deed did your group perform in the fight against the Fire Nation to attract the attention of Long Feng?
    <TBD>

What did Long Feng offer you in exchange for delivering Onomu and the war plans to Ba Sing Se?
    <TBD>

Why are you specifically committed to seeing this mission through?
    The war seems like it will never end, and Taka knows better than most the state of the war.

Connections:
    • Guoneng doesn’t seem to respect my accomplishments; they probably need a lesson or two.
    • Hayase seem like they would’ve been a good candidate to be a part of my squad; I’ll look after them

Last edited:
  • I9w9F5O.jpg

Name: Hayase
    Playbook: THE Foundling

Training: Waterbending, Technology
    Fighting Style: Capoeira
    Background: Outlaw, Urban
    Hometown: Chin Village [found and raised], Foggy Swamp [where he was born]
    Demeanour: Dedicated, Respectful, Hotheaded

History:
    • How and when did you learn about your second heritage? Hayase was always different from his peers, albeit the moment did strike when he started water bending. It was confusing for him after all he was raised in a family of Earth kingdom non-bending engineers so how could he bend water? So he asked his parents and found out he was a foundling, they found him in a small basket drifting along the shore.
    • Who in your family insists you focus on upholding the family heritage? His adoptive father taught him that heritage is important for it can shape a person, and with solid foundation he can live a long life.
    • Who helped you understand that your two trainings can complement each other? Weirdly enough it was the owner of a hot spring bathhouse, who explained to me that both water and fire are necessary for it to be this way, and yet they are opposites of each other
    • What detail of your clothing or visible trinket reveals you belong to two cultures? My entire clothing is based on my waterbending culture, while the trinkets I carry show my connection to the engineering side of me.
    • Why are you committed to this group or purpose? They feel like a third family for me really, and working with them is helping my second family survive so why shouldn't I be committed?
    • Why are you specifically committed to seeing this mission through? Well, it's a big mission that will help all of my families. Survival of the earth kingdom will make sure that my family in the foggy swamp will live, my family in the Chin village will live, and this family that I travel with will live. Albeit I won't say that the reward isn't something I want.

Connections:
    • Guenong seems to think one of my heritages should be valued more; there’s something persuasive in their words.
    • Duanmu is so awesome, with skills and heritage I’ve never seen! I want to learn all I can about them and their background.

Last edited:

• Name: "Bull Bear" Guoneng
    Playbook: The Hammer

Training:
    Earthbending
    Fighting Style: Shoot Style Bending
    Background: Military, Urban
    Hometown: Maishan (Moved to Omashu)
    Demeanor: Loud, Determined
    1686011166615.jpeg

History:

• • What injustice has driven you to use your strength for good? Every year, every month, every day the Fire Nation is pushin' deeper into Earth Kingdom territory. More and more refugees from conquerer or destroyed villages poor into Omashu. And I while back me and my family we one of 'em. I'm wastin' my strength knocking out jobbers and not knocking Fire Nation heads.
    • • Who represents the kind of positive strength and force you want to embody? Former Omashu Earth Rumble Champ Xong Che. He spent years at the top and used a lot of the money he won to add more homes to Omashu's lower district. Because of him, my family had a home when we came to Omashu. I may have dropped out of the Earth Rumble scene but I still want to be like him.
    • • Who tried their best to teach you restraint, calm, and thoughtfulness? My big sis Ka Li, she wasn't born an Earthbender but she had more patience and grit than anyone I know. Mom was busy trying to keep food on the table so it was up to her to keep me in check. I don't know how she didn't but she managed to keep me in check. I was such a rowdy little Badgemole turd, who knows what I would have been without her. A few years back she joined the United Earth Kingdom army. I tried talking her out of it but she wouldn't listen. She just told me to stay out of trouble while she's gone. *Holds back tears* *Cough* "Uh, she's been sending me letters every month. It'll be a pain not seeing them when I'm out on the road but... I know she's okay.
    • What fragile trinket or heirloom do you keep and protect? Tell anyone about this and I WILL bury you alive upside down! Zhu Baije.....my old stuffed Porcupine Pig doll. I got it the day my family came to Omashu and I never let it go.
    • Why are you committed to this group or purpose? Listen, I might not be the shiniest gem in the treasure room but even I know this is going to help the Earth Kingdom. This is gonna help save the lives of soldiers and Civilians. Hell, it might help end the war.

Connections: (Two of these, each determined by your Playbook.)

• Duanmu has a way to solve problems with words instead of fists—it’s really impressive!
    • I worry Hayase won’t be able to hold their own when things get tough. I’m going to toughen them up!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back