• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aurora - The Supernatural Continent - Rules

Doomshroud

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕣
-Rules and Information-

No Godmodding -
God Modding is when you're character automatically succeeds at something another character would have a reasonable chance of preventing. Nothing automatically succeeds at the expense of something that belongs to someone else.

No Auto-Hits - This is when someone RP's that their attacks hit another player, without that players consent. Everyone has control over their character. You can't take that away and say something automatically hits.

No Metagaming - Metagaming, as it stands, is when a character suddenly possesses knowledge of something that they would otherwise have no logical way to know about, such as another character's weakness, or where something is hidden, etc. Metagaming can become storybreaking and blatantly disrespectful to certain character's when undertaken, and is prohibited for the good of this roleplay.

No constant No-Selling - This is when you RP that all of another persons actions and attacks fail against you. This one is subject to a reasonable standard. Some characters are simple incapable of hurting others due to the powers involved, and it isn't required for you to take EVERY single hit that someone throws at you. However, remember, causing everything they do to fail without exception isn't fun RP, and it's against the rules.

No Controlling Others (Without OOC Permission) - This does not, and should not, require much explanation. Other peoples characters belong to them, they decide what happens. Not you. Please be respectful of what belongs to other people. If you want to control someone else's character, get their permission first. This includes if your character has some sort of mental influence/mind control/telepathy-like power.

Power Levels - Depending on what powers, magical abilities, artifacts, or whatever else thing that your character possesses, chances are they might be a bit on the powerful side. Which is fine, to an extent. Having powerful characters isn't altogether a bad thing, but to keep things in order, straight up world-destroying characters and above are not allowed at this given moment in time, not without permission from me (With a good reason for why they should have that kind of power).

Destruction - Destruction on a minor to moderate scale isn't prohibited. A few buildings here and there is fine, but I do not want people destroying entire locations, utterly ravaging lands or kingdoms without my permission. This is a huge sandbox kind of roleplay, but at the same time, it possesses a number of story elements and plotlines (To be discovered as the RP continues). And the locations are important to the story, remember that.

Species - Aurora is a vast realm, and as such, is host to a number of different species. There will be a list of all the species that you are allowed to play as in Aurora, along with transformations that a character can undertake. It was stupid of me not to leave descriptions for each of the races (I was working on them, but it would take far too long and I didn't want to keep current roleplayers in the game waiting), so alas...

If you want to play as a sort of hybrid or a different race altogether, just ask me first, and I'll check out what it is (And see if I can fit it into the lore). Also, see the images I used to represent the species? YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW THOSE IMAGES TO THE LETTER. Races have numerous hairstyles, skin tones, eye colors, hair colors, and whatnot.

Technology - Technology is an ambiguous thing, here in Aurora. While numerous traits and technologies are more medieval/ancient in their nature, others (Because of the fantasy elements) could be even more advanced than the modern age. No, you're probably not going to be seeing any nanotechnology, flying space suits, and stuff you'd see in a galactic RP. But perhaps you'll occasionally see things like flying, odd looking vehicles, mystical nukes, etc.

NPCS - I don't mind roleplayers controlling minor NPC's, such guards, civilians, and enemies/creatures. However, moderate to major NPC's (Like leaders of organizations, kings, and bosses) are controlled by myself, unless one is given permission to control those types of NPC's.

Profanity/Romance - Try to keep profanity to a minimum, and if used, censor it with symbols such as *** or whatever you can think of. As well, in regards to romance, of course it's allowed! Just don't take it too far, fade to black when necessary.

Adding Rules - If I or see it fit to add more rules, I may add them. Don't argue, by no means will I attempt to add rules to be unfair, but if I see certain problems arise within the roleplay, then I may have to add more rules for clarification, and to keep things under control.

Greatest Rule - All the above rules reasonably apply. They are not thoroughly meant to restrict RP, or channel it down any particular path, only to prevent some of the excesses that ruin the RP experience for everyone.

(If you've read all of the rules, put "Warsman" in the secret word part of the character sheet. This way, I'll know if you've read the rules)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back