• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Bloodlust [Closed]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
All the smart rebels worked in groups. It was rare that one would wander alone, and yet there was one that did. Groups were a bit too difficult to manage when the people in them always imagined their new recruit was going to kill them in their sleep.

Being a dhampir was a double-edged sword. Vampires and humans alike weren’t sure where they belonged. They were envied and reviled for their mixed blood by both sides. Yet, there was one perk with the indecision of vampires about where dhampirs belonged: the dhampirs could walk right into the vampire towns.

It used to be so very easy for the red-headed dhampir to hunt down vampires of note that way. That was, of course, until she was caught in the act of killing the vampire who had decided to host her, and wasn’t able to kill all the witnesses. Given,not every town recognized her, but it happened often enough.

“Should dye my hair.”

The comment was made to herself as she sat with her back to a tree, staring up at the sky. It was night now, but she was still suffering from the weakness of sunstroke. “Wouldn’t be as recognizable then. I could start staying at inns again. Go to taverns.” Which would mean this wouldn’t happen, because she’d be out of the sun.

At least the redness of her skin was fading. Well, what parts of her skin could be seen under the leather armor and cloak, anyway. Her vision was clearing. She had fainted some hours back and woken when the moon revealed itself. The cramping of her legs had also ceased, but she knew she needed to get a drink of water or something soon.

A deep breath was taken, and then she heard the sound of a few footsteps. Her golden eyes left the night sky and shifted to look in that direction. A hand moved to the sword she had removed from her belt and rested atop the hilt, prepared to draw it if necessary. She made no further movements, hoping she wouldn’t be heard. If it was humans, the chances were slim that they’d hear her. Happening by would be more likely.

If they were vampires, well, they might hear her despite her best attempts. The heart in her chest was quite alive, after all, and she couldn’t stop it from beating. ‘Yes. Dye hair. Resume normal life.’ Perhaps see if there were any colored contacts that would be easy to obtain. Her eyes made it painfully obvious what she was, the inhuman color evidence of her inhuman birth.

Ever since the peak of the Rebels had popped up out of no where. It's been every vampires goal to demolish the force that had knowingly been growing. But they all knew if they organized and planned, the so called Rebels would be destroyed. Then never again would any one, human nor inhuman. Would decide to take a stand against the ones that caused the chaos.

They, vampires, long ago were thought of as nightmares. Scary stories told to the young ones to frighten their little souls. So that they'd fear the day they'd meet face to face to a monster. A monster that later became real yet surreal at the same time. Of course the sad excuses of humans tried to fight back but of course in the end gailed to succeed. Leaving earth to the monsters that had somehow jumped out of the nightmares of little boys and girls.

Now there he was, a monster, staring at the bright round moon. That spread light across the small town that him and his bunch of vile monsters had planned to find. Their mission was simple, find Rebels and kill them. New to the group he strangely didn't feel like it.

"Can't wait to find one" One of them whispered ever so quietly. So quiet that only a true vampire could hear what the 'young boy' had said to them all. One had been spotted during the time. The poor savage, caught in the sun like a moth. A traitor that in his eyes and everyones eyes deserved to die. With his/her body to burn into crispy ashes.

He stood up from his crouched position among the ground. His dark blood red eyes looking into the shadows along the buildings that were old and ready to fall to the ground. But although the others had missed it he had caught a strange smell in the air that the others had foolishly ignored. With no need for an explanation he went off into a small alley that quickly led to another series of alleyways. But of course the odd smell led the way for him.

The dark cloak he had wore made him blend into the shadows. Shielding his face from eyesight he kept his hood up. A small slight smile tugged at the corner of his mouth as he could distantly hear the sound of someone shushing the other.

Talking wasn't his thing but fighting and killing, making every other vampire proud was. His cold pale fingers ran across the spikes of his throwing knives. The smell of a traitor was in the air and the sound of the heart beat that was followed by flowing blood, traitor.

He came out the end of the small town and in the moon light leaning against the tred there it was. The traitor that was soon going to meet face to face with a true monster. So with that thought he disappeared back into the shadows and unknowingly to anyone or anything, made his way over to the figure up against the tree.

The dhampir had not the extreme senses of the vampire, but theirs were greater than humans. Vampires, it seemed, never knew quite how far it exceeded. ‘That is, even if it knows what it is up against.’

The woman heard the flutter of a cloak in the air and knew one of them had figured out where she was. The movement was intentional. Oddly enough, the vampire—at least, she assumed vampire—didn’t have the guts to confront her in sight. This one was smarter, it seemed. “I can hear you, you know.” Her hand clenched on the hilt of the sword, and she brought it up so the point could be in the dirt, although still sheathed. ‘Remedy that.’

Such was the plan, but first things first, she had to get to her feet. Since the cramping had ceased, she imagined that’d be easier. “No need to be a stranger,” she spoke as she applied pressure and pushed herself to standing. ‘Better.’ A few strands of red hair were brushed back then.

She started to attach the sheath back to the belt, at her hip, so it’d be that much easier to draw the sword when needed. “I could use a drink if you have one. I can pay.”

How foolish it must look to anyone else, that she was talking to the air. Of course, she knew she wasn’t. There was someone out there. She could have pretended that she didn’t know they were there, but that wasn’t her way. Arrogance tended to invite arrogance, and she could knock down a haughty vampire quite easily. She’d dealt with her fair share of smart ones, too, though those were the rarity.

Vampires were not born into the world like the traitor that was found. Calmly sitting against the tree, simply resting her tired legs. That ran with liquid gold yet poison as well. In his never ending lifetime that was a gift yet a curse he'd seen many things. One of those many things was a dhampir. An idiotic name given to the kind that was from both worlds. They were automatically considered traitors unless of course they would choose to be what they were meant to be, a vampire.

There was only a few that had ever been smart and chosen what they were meant to become. At first to the man, that ever so swiftly and quietly moved, inching closer and closer. Long ago when he was forced to become what he now was. In the 1800's things were different if you even thought vampires were real you'd be laughed at. Cause it was absurd to believe such a tale of myth.

As the man with the darkest red eyes stood in the tree he simply looked down at her. With a disgusted look of course, but pity could be spotted within his eyes. 'You can hear me yet you don't listen to the voice in your head. The one telling you the right thing to do' he thought with a sneer on his pale white face making his eyes stand out even more. Vampires didn't have different eye colors like humans or traitors. They just had different shades and his were the darkest of the bunch.

'No need to be a stranger....pay for a drink..' the vampire repeated in his head as if it was the stupidest thing he'd ever heard in his lifetime. Within a second he wiped his face clean of any feelings and got out two of his sharpened throwing knives that shined in the moonlight. Just as the blades were about to be thrown with such sheer force it could get stuck into the side of a brick wall. He stopped for a split second at the sight of the traitors face and for a moment he thought twice about what he'd do.

The mans shoulder leaned against the hard rough bark of the sturdy tree and he rubbed the blades of his knives together. Producing a screeching sound that could easily be heard by anything within close range. "Gold nectar runs through your veins traitor. Yet poison does as well" the cloaked figured said jumping off of the tree branch he was on and onto the ground barely bending his knees. "You can beg for mercy if you'd like, but I don't believe it will help you in this particular situation" said the mysterious soft yet masculine voice that came out from beneath the black hood.

The woman’s ears were alert for sounds, and her eyes sought in the darkness the vampire. A flash of silver was seen in her peripheral vision, but she didn’t yet acknowledge it. It seemed she would not have to, either. The stranger did not immediately attack, but instead decided to speak, much as she’d hoped he would.

He had opted for height in the tree, and so the woman stepped back and looked up at him. “Rather poetic way of putting it. I like it. I think I’ll use that ‘gold nectar’ term in the future.” Because obviously, the woman imagined she would have one after this encounter. So far, she hadn’t been wrong.

He jumped to the ground, but she kept one hand on the hilt of her sword. She clicked her tongue on the roof of her mouth, “I’m not very good at begging anyway,” she confessed to him, “Never got it right." She met his eyes unflinchingly, took in the appearance of his face and tried to read his expression, "Perhaps you’d be so kind as to tell me what might help, then, good sir?” She didn’t immediately recognize him, but his dark eyes hinted that he was not the run of the mill vampire. He was likely someone that she should know.

Of course, keeping track of all the vampires she ought to know was a difficult task. There were oh-so many that needed to be purged from this world. Very few had been like her father.

It was all amusing to the man dressed in black, with skin cold as ice, pale as snow and eyes red as the warm thick blood that could be heard. Like a river the blood spread out amongst the girl's body which only made him even more devious at the sound. The sound had excited him, for there was always something to follow that meant no good. And that was him, standing right there ready to pounce like a cat. But he didn't for a little while longer he wanted to be amused, since it was quite rare he ever was.

His face had shown nothing but the fact that he was one of those monsters that were suppose to be myths. The monsters that now ruled the world with everyone at their finger tips. He'd had a lot of time to be heartless and lonely so it had now helped with shielded everything he felt but the girl had sparked a interest in him for a far more odd reason indeed. Causing him to want to denie it and get this little game over with.

"One who lives in the old times will always speak as a poet indeed. So I believe the only thing that will save you is to stop with the smart remarks and give up of course." He said bluntly with a bit of an accent hinted in there. With that he leaned up against the tree with his back to the bark. His fingers slipped into the pocket of his pants, bringing out a small jar that held a dark substance inside it. Unscrewing the top he lightly dipped three of his throwing knives in it. So that only the tips had been touched by it.

With a click he closed it and placed it back in it's safe little home. The girl had guts to stand up to one like him but it would not save her in the in. "Throw down your weapon, then there shall be no issue and we can head back to your new home. Unless of course your soul leaves your rental body" The guy said a small sneer tugged at the corner of his mouth.

An older vampire, then. How intriguing that she didn’t know his name. Well, a few always slipped under the radar, she supposed. He suggested she give up, and she shook her head even as he brought forth a jar. It must have contained some sort of poison that she wasn’t familiar with.

In the time he took to open it, she took her sword from its sheathe. Rather like her eyes, its metal was of a golden hue. It wasn’t gold, of course, that’d be much too weak for dealing with vampires. “I’m afraid I never really was any good at giving up, either. You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t do it properly.”

Obviously, she had no intention of giving up. She wasn’t the sort to go down without a fight, even if a home was offered. If she could be bribed so easily, she would have been with the vampires long ago. After all, they were the ones with riches, and homes out of the sun.

It wasn’t money that drove her. It wasn’t protection. It wasn’t even love—humans despised her just as much as vampires. Hers was a strange devotion, indeed, to the path of a hunter, “I think giving up goes something like,” she offered the sword as a thrust at his heart, a clear attack, “this!” The throwing daggers weren't forgotten, and she made sure to keep them in her peripheral vision, in case her strike wasn't as successful as she hoped.

Dark as night, deadly as a black widow. The poison was like no other, only vampires could get it because they were already dead, the venom could not kill them. So of course they only had it and kept it safe so no non vampire could contain it. One prick to a human wouldn't cause pain but paralyze a victim. In some cases one wouldn't come out of paralization they'd jist start feeling pain from there on until an antidote was given.

He had to give it too her, she had guts in that useless body of hers. But would that really help against a monster who had been in the game for years? To him the answer was clear, no. There was never a non vampire winning, a vampire always won. They were the ones with super strength and speed. Along with their senses that were sharper than anyone else. So only one could imagine how idiotic it was to try and fight one.

The home part that he had said was either true or false. He didn't exactly know what the process was when someone was captured. All he knew was that they were going to pay for what ever hey had done wrong, just like the traitor was going to. But she was strong and seemed smarter than the others he'd met so he suspected she'd be smart and survive.

'Of course' He thought as it was as if the world had slowly began to move, trying to catch up and stop stuttering. Extending his leg to the left he loved out of the way and slapped his hands together onto the blade of the sword. So that that blade was in between his hands. Letting it drop to the ground in a quick flash he flicked his wrist sending the knives flying towards the girls ankle and one at her right shoulder. Just as he had predicted the tip of the blades met their target and the hidden shadow in the tree went away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back