• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ▌▌┆ARCANE - A MAGICAL FANTASY

Oh and if there is someone that can help me make a better profile that would be great... I am new with this website.

Redsirrah said:
Can alteration be used to improve mental capacity, and can magic be bound to objects?
Yup,alteration can be use to improve pretty much everything. Magic binding would also fall under alteration.

Brinie said:
Yup,alteration can be use to improve pretty much everything. Magic binding would also fall under alteration.
Awesome. Posting a character, please tell me if it doesn't fit in your guidelines or lore.

Redsirrah said:
Awesome. Posting a character, please tell me if it doesn't fit in your guidelines or lore.
This is mostly my fault for not having an example out first, but the biography and spells should have more content. For example,

Imbue object: This allows the caster to imbue an object with magical properties. This can make an object lighter, or spew flames when it is swung. It requires a lot of concentration to cast successfully, so its typically never done in combat.

Keep in mind, you don't have to write exactly that, just type what idea you had for the spell.

Brinie said:
This is mostly my fault for not having an example out first, but the biography and spells should have more content. For example,
Imbue object: This allows the caster to imbue an object with magical properties. This can make an object lighter, or spew flames when it is swung. It requires a lot of concentration to cast successfully, so its typically never done in combat.

Keep in mind, you don't have to write exactly that, just type what idea you had for the spell.
Thanks, Will change as needed

Redsirrah said:
Thanks, Will change as needed
It's looking nice so far. Can you expand on the biography also? Maybe make it paragraph or 2 long? Make talk about his parents, his home, why he became a guard, and also why he decided to be an investigator. Just some ideas of things you can talk about if you're having any trouble. After that it looks good. ( :) )

Hey hey! I love the look of your RP world and I'd love to join it! I have an idea for a character, but it involves a race that you don't have listed, so here's a description of what I had in mind so that you can decide if that's okay.

The Fey

The fey have been using ancient, wild forms of magic since time immemorial before humans discovered how to control it. The leading theory amongst scholars for their existence and form is that ancient peoples who unwittingly made their homes on top of hubs were gradually mutated by ambient, wild magic and became the fey. Until recently they were a reclusive race who kept to themselves and lived in isolated settlements away from society.

After humans discovered how to use and control arcane energies, however, they began to see the studious human mages as a threat, especially as the new, formal magical arts are vastly superior to the cheap magical tricks that the fey are capable of naturally.

To curtail this threat, they began to send emissaries to major human settlements and made proper contact for the first time, with the goal of learning this new magic from the humans, and keeping human mages from threatening the fey or their interests.

Fey physiology is strange, and seems to affect their ability to cast spells. Fey mages seem to master bizarre and unusual abilities with ease, but struggle with the most basic of human spells such as fire manipulation. Despite this, they are more than capable of powerful magic if their unique talents are exploited.

Physically, fey resemble elves, but are much shorter - it is rare to see one standing more than 5'2" high. In addition, they usually have insectoid appendages such as wings and antennae, though the form these takes varies. Their bodies are more physically slight than humans', and more fragile, but they seem to age rather slowly, with natural lifespans stretching more than 400 years.

Dnanyu said:
Hey hey! I love the look of your RP world and I'd love to join it! I have an idea for a character, but it involves a race that you don't have listed, so here's a description of what I had in mind so that you can decide if that's okay.
The Fey

The fey have been using ancient, wild forms of magic since time immemorial before humans discovered how to control it. The leading theory amongst scholars for their existence and form is that ancient peoples who unwittingly made their homes on top of hubs were gradually mutated by ambient, wild magic and became the fey. Until recently they were a reclusive race who kept to themselves and lived in isolated settlements away from society.

After humans discovered how to use and control arcane energies, however, they began to see the studious human mages as a threat, especially as the new, formal magical arts are vastly superior to the cheap magical tricks that the fey are capable of naturally.

To curtail this threat, they began to send emissaries to major human settlements and made proper contact for the first time, with the goal of learning this new magic from the humans, and keeping human mages from threatening the fey or their interests.

Fey physiology is strange, and seems to affect their ability to cast spells. Fey mages seem to master bizarre and unusual abilities with ease, but struggle with the most basic of human spells such as fire manipulation. Despite this, they are more than capable of powerful magic if their unique talents are exploited.

Physically, fey resemble elves, but are much shorter - it is rare to see one standing more than 5'2" high. In addition, they usually have insectoid appendages such as wings and antennae, though the form these takes varies. Their bodies are more physically slight than humans', and more fragile, but they seem to age rather slowly, with natural lifespans stretching more than 400 years.

Oh, I made this awhile ago, but it's kind of dead. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back