• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored by Love: Draft Three

Washington D.C.
Jayden
When Lincoln asked if we could call Isabel, I knew how much this meant for him. He was like me, a perfectionist, and he wanted everything to be perfect. Chuckling, I nodded, pulling out my phone to text Isabel and ask if she could take a call right now. I knew she had her appointment to find out the gender, and I was almost sure Dawson was planning on taking her out for breakfast. "I asked her when she's free to talk. I know you want to talk to her now but she may be busy. Remember, today she and Dawson found out what the gender of their baby is?" I asked him, taking him to pick out something he wanted to wear tonight.

When Lincoln was looking at khaki shorts and a shirt to match, I was quick to answer Isabel's phone call. "Hey there, Texan. I really appreciate you agreeing to help. Linc and I both want this to be perfect and Linc isn't sure what he should give her." I explained to Isabel, giving Lincoln the phone so that he could talk to her.

After he and Isabel agreed on something to give Amelia, I helped him pick out his outfit. "Now that we have your outfit, let's get Amelia's dress and then your gift to her."

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
"Oh stop it! Jayden isn't nervous to the point where he won't propose to Amelia, you know that!" I told him, glaring but shaking my head before I smiled so that he knew I was only teasing. I settled on a simple breakfast, just oatmeal with berries and some toast on the side. After the waiter walked away, I looked over at my phone to see that Amelia responded. I couldn't stop the giggle from coming out and when Dawson became curious, I bit my lip nervously. "I may have told Amelia the gender already." I was quick to defend myself, "I couldn't keep it a secret! Waiting these past five months have been torture enough!" Giggling again, I was quick to respond to Amelia.

"I'll send them to you when I get back to the apartment! I'm going to shop on base first. I really hope he has Dawson's eyes (heart eye emoji."

After sending the text, I felt my phone vibrate and saw that Jayden had asked me if I wasn't busy to call him. Laughing, I showed the text to Dawson before I shook my head. "I guess he is nervous. I wonder what he needs." I decided to call him back before my food arrived. When he answered, I listened to his explanation and agreed to help. I knew Amelia didn't wear jewelry, but I knew if Linc gave it to her, she would wear it. Humming, I tried to think, and when it came to me, I was quick to tell Lincoln just what type of jewelry to get her. He seemed pretty excited about it and agreed happily. I was glad I could help in any way I could and once we hung up, I looked satisfied as I smiled at Dawson and looked down at my food when it arrived. I felt my stomach growl because I was starving.

"I think she'll love what I told Linc to get. I'm glad he loved it." I said while eating my oatmeal. I smiled at a few women who walked past Dawson and I as they were shown to their table. A little girl who was with them stopped following them and apologized for interrupting. I was curious as to what she would say but when she thanked Dawson for his service, my heart was overwhelmed. That was so precious. Dawson deserved to hear that. My love, the man of my life, he truly is the best thing to ever come into my life. I don't deserve him.

"That was sweet of her." I said gently, watching the little girl walk away, I took Dawson's hand in my own. "We all appreciate everything you do, Amor. I mean that."

Last edited:
Dallas, Texas
Dawson
I knew Isabel and Amelia were talking by the constant grin on isabel's face when she picked up the phone. I had o idea how the two managed to remain inseparable after barely seeing each other, but they made it work. I also wasn't surprised Amelia got Isabel to cave on the gender, I knew she would eventually, but I didn't mind it. Today was an exciting day all around.

"I suppose I can trust her with our secret." Waiting for her to take the call from Lincoln i waved over to the little girl before she made her way over to me. I wasn't expecting her to thank me, I was just being friendly, I knew the uniform often caught the kids attention. However, when she did thank me, I was overcome with gratitude for her approach.

"It's my pleasure, sweetie. Enjoy your breakfast." Turning back to Isabel I smiled, nodding in acknowledgment.

"I know but you don't get enough recognition for what you do. As far as I see it, I have it easy compared to you."

Two hours later...
Washington D.C.
Amelia
They weren't kidding when they say your whole life can change in a moment. This morning everything felt like it was falling back into place the way it needed to be, Isabel and Dawson were celebrating their little family and I was basking in the joy while I continued to work on my assignments, I was actually proud of this piece, it was documenting the aftermath of immigrant children after being separated from their parents for a number of years after their parents were deported back to the countries they left to make better lives for themselves. It was a hot topic in the media a few years back when I was in college, but no one seemed to bother to do a follow up of what was happening after. It was a moving piece, but apparently not moving enough for my editor to want to keep me in the newsroom. Whole Isabel was shopping on the base, I left her to start putting the video together to match the basic script I started when I first arrived in the morning. It was when I was leaving to go get a quick lunch., my editor called me into his office. I could tell by the look on his face and the way he called out my name, something was wrong. The pain in his face told me whatever was about to happen, was something he didn't want to tell me. What did I do?

Closing the door he made me take a seat before he tried to calmly brace me for what he was about to do. He terminated me. He tried to counter my devastation by saying it wasn't my fault, that my elongated break had nothing to do with the decision and that it wasn't one he wanted to make. The brutal reality was I was being cut because of a staff cut. He said I was still young and could bounce back, that my potential was exceptional and that he would put in a good word for me anywhere I wanted to go. He said all the things he was supposed to say that wouldn't make me take this personally, but I did anyway.

I knew from the start, or at least I was told, this career was not for the weak hearted and thin-skinned. There were going to be times in your career as a journalist you were going to get burned out of the nature of the job, but it was different hearing it and actually being a victim of the burn. This validated that it was no easy feeling to be taken out, it was a feeling I could live the rest of my life without feeling again, but I tried my best to hand it gracefully in front of my elders. Thanking my editor for his kindness, I agreed to finish this last story by the end of the week, but after that, my time at The Post was coming to an end. Packing up my things, I bit my cheek repeatedly to keep from crying, knawing it almost raw with my teeth. Looking at my phone I opened Isabel's text thread after returning all my credentials before walking out, finally answering her text. All I could think to say in my disappointment was to not even transition into what just happened.

"I just got fired." Typing it, set it in that it was the truth and as I walked down the street, I didn't look back at the newsroom I worked so hard to get to and now, it was just, over. It didn't seem worth it. Feeling the tears I wiped them away with my hand. I wasn't sure where I was walking to, but I was too upset right now to even think about it.

Two hours Later...
Dallas, Texas

Isabel
When I got the devastating text from Amelia, I didn't know what to think. I was still on base, shopping and buying some things for my son. I didn't know how to process what I read. Reading it wasn't easy and I began to worry that Amelia was going to stray from home. The proposal. Oh gosh, the proposal! I needed to tell Jayden what happened but I also didn't want to meddle. I didn't want to put myself in where I didn't belong, because this was something Amelia had to tell him. No, tell him, Isabel. He needs to know. If anything this will help make the proposal mean so much more.

"Amelia, I'm so sorry my love. Do you need to talk? I'm here." I sent the text to Amelia quickly, biting my lip before I shot Jayden a text to tell him about it.

"Hey Jayden, Amelia just texted me... She was let go today. Don't let this change the proposal plans! Just move it up a bit sooner, maybe?" After sending both texts, I sighed and went to check out, biting my lip as I read and re-read the short text from Amelia. Sighing, I waited to be checked out but when I heard a cough, I looked up puzzled. I was quick to notice the uniform the man wore was not a Navy one. It was an Air Force uniform. Oh my god, Thunder Bird. "Yes? Can I help you?" I asked him, but I shuddered with the look he gave me. Okay, I'm not about this flirting. When I heard his compliment, I laughed before I shook my head. I'm pregnant for crying out loud.

"Well, Steven.." Before I could say anything more, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Just by the touch I knew who it was and I bit my lip, not because I did anything wrong but Steven didn't know what was coming.

"Covington, always such a thrill to see you." I heard Steven say, but that was totally the wrong thing to say. I felt uncomfortable and was quick to check out when the cashier called for me. I didn't want to be anywhere near the tension after what just happened, but after paying for everything, I looked at Dawson when he came to join.

"I assume you put the Thunder Bird in place." I said with a laugh, walking with him to the car. "Help me load everything up?" I asked, putting up the bags of clothes before I shut the trunk after we did. I took his hands in mine, sighing softly as I thought about Amelia. "Amelia was let go, Dawson." I whispered gently, giving his hands a squeeze. I knew what The Post was thinking when they let her go. We were both young journalists, we could always jump back but that didn't make any of this less hard. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried the DMN would be cutting soon. It's just how the industry was. "I told Jayden, just so he had a heads up. I just hope the proposal helps make things better, even if momentarily."

Washington D.C.
Jayden
Lincoln and I were setting up everything in the apartment when I received the text from Isabel. I let out a gasp, not knowing what to do with the news. You make this night the best one she's ever had, Acciolli. That's what you do. I knew that was true. I knew this night to be perfect to make up for the crappy day Amelia was having. I felt horrible. She was let go from the one company she worked so hard for and I couldn't even begin to imagine what she was feeling.

"Hey Linc, is everything ready? Amelia's dress in the closet with the flowers?" I asked to which my son happily nodded. I knew tonight was going to make her feel better. She needed this. She deserved to be happy. "Alright, now let's set up the living room then head out so she can meet us at the restaurant later." I let Lincoln finish getting dressed before I texted Isabel back.

"Thanks for letting me know. I hope the proposal helps. I'll let you know how everything goes." After sending the text, I got dressed myself then headed to the flower shop one last time to set up the entire spot I reserved at the restaurant. I could only hope everything was set.

"Amelia, my love, when you're free come home? I have a surprise waiting for you that I know you'll love, then after come find me. Today is all about you. I love you."

Washington D.C.
Amelia
Wandering towards the metro station out of habit, I continued to cry to myself, hurrying my pace. I didn’t want to be out on public for longer than I had to be. I was internally embarrassed even though I knew no one I passed would know what just happened to me. Running down the escalator, too impatient to wait, I responded to Isabel’s text once I angering swiped my metro card to get through. I just wanted to go home and lay in my bed at this point. I was overly tired and hungry, just all together irritable. I could almost feel myself getting dizzy but I knew it was self-inflicted from my oncoming panic attack I was trying to delay.

“I wish you were here. I just want to sulk into some amazing food. (My most frequently used crying emoji) I need to breathe.”

Once I replied to Bel, I couldn’t help but smile despite my anger when I saw Jayden’s name pop up on my screen. It was so precious. I knew he didn’t know what just happened, and I didn’t have the heart to tell him while he was being this sweet, but it really was helping. I couldn’t wait to just hug him and not let go. I needed that right now.

“Okay, handsome. I’m headed home now, what are You up to? It’s kinda scaring me. I love you.”

Dallas, Texas
Dawson
To say seeing Isabel in the same vicinity of another arrogant man enraged me was an understatement. I am a Texan, after all. She wasn’t property to be owned, but she was mine in the sense that she was going to MY wife and the mother to MY son. For Steven to think even teasing her was a good idea, was incorrect. My over-protective nature has only gotten worse with our son in the making, so yeah, I wanted to raise some deep hell, but I didn’t, Only a little.

Putting my hand on her shoulder, I helped her towards the checkout before I glared at Steven. “Stop going after what you can’t have before I take my flight team and show you how your show is really supposed to look, right after you take my polished boot out of your ass, sir.”

Stepping away before I grabbed him by his wrinkled collar, I helped Isabel carry her things out, chuckling at her assumption.

“Oh hun, I only rustled his feathers a little. You know I have to behave around here. Or at least, not get caught.” Once everything was loaded, I kissed her forehead when she leaned into me.

“You’re so gorgeous.” This moment was sweet while it lasted before it turned to Amelia again. I knew it had to be hard for to lose her dream job, but she had another thing coming for her in a few hours that would turn her sour mood warm again.

“I’m sorry to hear that, but she’ll be alright love. Jayden will take care of her. Don’t worry too much about it. In a few hours, she’ll be on the phone with you about the ring, this won’t matter so much, at least not tonight.”

Last edited:
Washington, D.C.
Jayden​
Lincoln and I were getting the last things we needed before we made our way back to the restaurant and just sat at the private table outside. This dinner was all about he three of us, my soon-to-be family. I couldn’t wait to make it official but I was still nervous and it showed because my hands were shaking. I didn’t relax until I felt Lincoln grab my hands and give me a big grin.

“Don’t be scared, Dad. Everything is going to be perfect!” He said to me and I couldn’t hold back my smile while I nodded in agreement. I knew he was right. I was nervous for no reason because all of this felt right. Me proposing to the most beautiful woman I ever met, someone so compassionate who just absolutely took my breath away, felt rights. It made me feel complete. “I know, Bud. I’ll try to relax.”

When I felt my phone buzz, I smiled when I saw Amelia’s name on the screen. I knew today had to be the worst day ever in her mind right now, but the proposal was going to make it all right again. That’s what I hoped for at least. I was quick to respond before I let Lincoln grab my hand and ask to go for a walk.

“Telling you would ruin the surprise. Just go home, relax, then get ready to meet me for dinner. (heart emoji)” After hitting send, I remembered a major surprise that she needed a heads up for. “Oh by the way, there is a new family addition in our room. I didn’t name him but I know you’ll love him. Jade likes him (winky face emoji).”

After replying, I walked with Lincoln downtown, stopping at a park together where we sat at a bench and just enjoyed the weather. It was hot, which I was grateful for, and it wasn’t blistering cold like it can get here. It was perfect weather for a night like tonight. “Did you write what you’re going to tell Amelia?” I asked Lincoln, watching as he swung his legs back and forth, nodding in excitement.

Dallas, Texas
Isabel​
I knew Dawson was right with what he said. Jayden would take care of Amelia, even more so after me telling him the news, and in a few hours I was expecting all the pictures in the world of the ring from Amelia. “I know you’re right, Amor. I just feel bad.” I told him, sighing gently. I didn’t want to tell him what I was actually feeling, that I was actually nervous I would get let go too. It was just a rough time in general for the field and staff photographers were always the first to go.

I know Dawson felt my tension because him asking what was wrong made me come out of my thoughts. Smiling nervously, I shook my head, moving closer so that I could rest my head against his chest. “I’m just worried. I don’t want to get let go either.” I whispered, hiding my face from him as best as I could, my curls helping by clinging tightly against my cheeks.

Once I got myself together, I pulled away and took a deep breath, letting go of any negative thoughts for now. That’s right. Be happy. You have a special night with your pilot later tonight anyways. “Do I get to know what’s in the bag, now?” I asked him, hoping he would cave but I knew better. My cowboy never caved. “Okay okay, I’m going home anyways so the torture will be okay soon.” I leaned in to give him a loving kiss, pulling away confused when I heard someone whistle. It was a cat call and something told me it was Steven trying to push Dawson’s buttons.

I saw the expression in Dawson’s face change and I acted quickly to diffuse the situation. “Hey now, relax. He’s just trying to irritate you. That’s how the Thunder Birds are. They come to your base and try to wreck havoc. Honestly, I don’t know who planned this weekends airshow but they did a horrible job. A smart person would never have both them and y’all perform.” Giggling, I cupped Dawson’s face so his attention was back on me. “Relax. You’re the only man I’ll ever want. Plus, tonight we’re doing whatever you have planned and then,” I leaned in closer so that I could whisper in his ear, “I can give you a little surprise once we’re home. It’s been awhile and I have the perfect attire for it.” Pulling away, I knew I got to him. I pushed his buttons just like a Steven, but I pushed all the right ones. “See ya soon?” I said with a wink, opening my car door, getting inside.

Grabbing my phone, I sighed at Amelia’s response but before I drove off, I typed out my response.

“I wish I was there too. Just take deep breaths. You’ll be okay, promise. If you need a laugh, a Thunder Bird totally tried flirting with me in the exchange. Wanna know the irony? Dawson showed up and heard it and politely put him in his place. I wish I heard what he said. (sighing emoji)”

Washington D.C.
Amelia
Taking the short metro ride home, I left the station and started the two block walk back to the apartment. Replying to my texts between Isabel and Jayden as I met the sunlight again. Jayden was really making me anxious, I loved implementing surprises but hated being on the receiving them. I couldn't understand why he picked today of all days to go all out. I don't need any of this.

"What do you mean? What did you do? :D:<3" At his hint, I picked up my gait while I replied to Isabel, shaking my head at what she told ne about the Thunder Bird.

"That's not even funny, best friend. I'm sure he was anything but polite about it. He was looking out for both you and the baby. Hehe. Are you still feeling okay?"

For now, the tears had stopped because I had both Jayden and Isabel distracting me, but I knew it was only a matter of time before reality struck me again. I hadn't given myself the opportunity to completely break down yet. My curiosity for Jayden's scheme is what turned my ten-minute walk into a five. Walking up the stairs, I unlocked the apartment and threw my purse on the end table, looking over to Jade curiously because she was too preoccupied with scratching and whimpering at my bedroom door to come greet me. By the look in her face I could tell she was excited.

"What is it, girl? What did your dad put in there?" I asked walking over to open the door. I could barely crack it before Jade pushed her way through me and the door and ran, yipping excitedly for the precious baby I wasn't prepared to see. Jayden you didn't. Gasping, I ran over to the tiny beagle and picked him up in my arms, crying that Jayden did all of this.

Sitting on the bed, I held the puppy while I took in the moment, my heart exploding over his whimpers.

"Hi baby, you're so precious. What are you doing here?" I asked still in disbelief, giggling as Jade pounced on the bed to say hello.

"You like him, girl? What's Jayden up to? Did he tell you?"

Grabbing my phone I texted Isabel again, taking a picture of the puppy.

"I just came home to him.:sleeping::bishiesparklesl:"

Texting Jayden again, I wished he was here.

"He's so precious babe! You didn't have to! You made me cry!"

Waashington D.C.
Jayden
When I got Amelia's first text, Linc and I were still at the park. I know being at the restaurant super early wasn't something he wanted to do and I understood that. I watched him go look at the flowers and butterflies before I looked down at Amelia's text, smiling as I read it. She wasn't ready for the surprise awaiting her but I knew she would love it once it set in. She was just super nervous for the rest of the night. She loved planning surprises but she hated being the one being surprised.

When I got the second text, I released a chuckle, calling Lincoln over so he could see what Amelia said. He was right, she loved the dog. The best thing about all of this? Amelia had no clue what was going on and she didn't even know Lincoln was here, waiting for her to show up.

Replying to the text, my smile never faded as I did.

"I'm glad you like him. His name is Dallas, can you figure out why? I miss you. Come find me soon? There's another surprise in the closet. Text me when you're on the way. :blowkiss:<3

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
When Amelia sent me a double text, I was in my closet, staring at the bag that Dawson had left for me. Biting my lip, I unzipped it, smiling at the dress that was inside. Tonight is def a date night. Sighing contently, I felt my heard beating against my chest, fluttering at just how much I loved Dawson. The day with him had been great so far and I couldn't wait for our date.

Sitting on the grey couch in my living room, I grabbed my computer and began to upload the sonogram pictures so that I could send them to Amelia. Before I had the chance to send them, I opened out thread and saw the picture of a beagle. I was quick to type my response.

"Oh my gosh, he's so precious!!! I want to meet him!:hearteyes:"

After sending the text, I decided to shoot my dashing pilot one as well.

"Thank you for the dress, I love it. I assume tonight is date night and I look forward to it, just like I'm ready to see y'all put on a better show than the TBirds. ;) Te amo mucho, Six."

Washington D.C.
Amelia
Watching Jayden type his reply, I continued to pet the puppy, giggling when i saw his reply float into the thread. Looking down at the puppy, I accepted his innocent puppy kisses. "Your dad says your name is Dallas. I think it fits." Kissing his forehead, I let Dallas go while I replied to Jayden, looking up towards the closet. I was afraid to open it.

"I've had enough surprises today. (Blushing emoji). I'll see you soon, officer (winking emoji). Where am I going?" Getting up from the bed to see what Jayden left I the closet. I hoped he picked a good place to eat tonight because I was hungry and still trying to keep my mind off of getting fired today. I was worried about telling Jayden. I knew he wouldn't be upset, he seemed incapable of getting angry with me. but I hated how much I depended on him the last few months and just when I was starting to contribute again, I was pushed back. What does this mean for my career though? Where am I going to work now? I don't want Jayden to think he had to leave his department just because I wasn't good enough to stay. Pushing the thoughts aside, I saw the dress and gasped again, it was stunning, not anything like anything I owned before. I only hoped it look as good on me as it did on its own.

Putting on the dress, I looked at myself in the mirror. Holy shit, Jayden. You know how to dress a woman. Straightening my hair and fixing my smudged makeup, I decided on nude colored heels and picked up my phone, heading for the door I grabbed my purse while looking at my phone to see if Jayden replied.

Dallas, Texas
Dawson
"Ahhh, you finally opened the bag I see. I'm glad you like it. I was afraid you wouldn't. I'll see you later for some dancing, amor. The Thunder Bords can kiss my ass. I don't know what time I'll be leaving, I'll text you. Take a nap, it'll be a late night." These nights with Isabel with my favorite and I knew, with a baby on the way, we wouldn't get as many nights to spend with just each other and I wanted to enjoy this chapter of our relationship while it lasted. Isabel was special to me and I knew if I didn't make the effort to prove it to her she would begin to wonder what she was doing wrong. The last thing I wanted was to lose her. I hoped tonight would be fun for her and it didn't turn out to be a total bust. I always worried when we tried something new together, she would hate it.

Washington D.C.
Jayden
Watching the three dots appear in a white bubble made my heart jump. Talking to Amelia always made my day and I'm glad she was so far enjoying the day meant specifically for her. I couldn't imagine how she was feeling about being let go but it seemed like the plans for the proposal were distracting her from it. That was good. I didn't want Amelia to feel bad because she was let go. I know I took a lot of day shifts so that I could be with her at night, but doing so was worth it. Seeing Amelia become herself again, tackling work and being fierce was why I did it. I refused to ever let her be alone after a story as traumatic as that one. The day she came home, I made a promise and I intended to keep it. I will always do what it takes to see a smile on her face. Lincoln and Amelia were, and always would be, what I put first.

After today, I wanted to make sure Amelia knew everything was going to be okay. She just got out there again and it was taken away from her. I didn't want her to get discouraged.

"Should we tell her where we are already, Linc?" I asked my right hand man with a bright smile, chuckling when he nodded excitedly, exclaiming a big "yes dad!".

"The surprises aren't over, my love. I look forward to see you. (heart emoji) Meet me at our place. When you see Linda, she'll know where to sit you." After sending the response, I put my phone in the pocket, sighing contently.

"Are you ready, Linc? Let's head back to the restaurant." Linc and I did just that. We walked back, me holding his hand, to the restaurant where we made Amelia apart of our family forever.

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
Seeing what Dawson responded with, I smiled bright, biting my lip as I sat on the edge of my bed, one leg over the other as I released a content sigh. Dancing, huh? Different but I'm always up for different with him. My pilot must have been thinking about how our time together would change once our son was born. These nights, the nights where Dawson and I just went out, enjoying each others company, trying different things, would no longer happen as frequently with the new addition to our lives. I didn't want he and I to lose our spark, so even when our son is born, I was going to make time for just Dawson and I. My parents did it all the time every other weekend. Growing up I was never upset that they did. I knew they needed time alone.

"Hm, dancing, huh? Sounds fun and different but you know I'm always up for something new. I'm looking forward to it. I plan on napping. Our son has been kicking all day long. Call me when you're heading here. I won't wake up with just a text. Be safe! I love you. (black heart emoji)."

After sending Dawson my response, I stripped out of my jeans and shirt, throwing on one of my silk nightgowns so that I was comfortable. After I was, I laid in bed, at first watching whatever movie was on Freeform before my slumber took over and I was happily napping.

Washington D.C.
Amelia
Grabbing a coat for when the sun went down, I looked at Jayden's text, telling him I would be there shortly before I made my way for our favorite restaurant. The October air was cool and it brought a smile to my face to see the leaves begin to change. Being this calm after what happened was bizarre to me, but I wished a part of me could always be this easing going when things didn't go right. Enjoying the walk, I said hello to people in passing and thanked the woman who held the door open for me as I went to find Linda.

"Hi, Linda, how are you today?" I asked sweetly, grinning when she handed me a single rose. "I can only guess who this is from," I said in a giggle. He's such a romantic, I love it. "Did he tell you what he's up to? He's been treating me so well all day."

Washington D.C.
Jayden
I was able to spot Amelia when she walked in. I was quick to turn to Lincoln when I saw her go over to Linda. "Okay Linc, hide." I said with a laugh, watching him hide behind one of the pots of plants Linda put in this area just for us. This little private booth was all white on a regular day, very modern and up-scale. However, for this special occasion, Linda agreed to create a beautiful table arrangement with pink roses and baby's breath. Along the windows candle lights were hung so that it could add a cute yet simple touch to such a modern and plain seating spot.

Watching Linda shake her head as she lead Amelia over, I knew the woman I loved had to have ask her what was going on, and I know Linda would never reveal my secret. Chuckling, I looked at Lincoln who was still hiding and when Amelia walked over, my breath was taken away. She looks so beautiful. When she was standing in front of me, I thanked Linda before I took Amelia's hands in my own. Pulling her closely, I kissed her lovingly. "Hello beautiful, you look stunning. I love how this dress ended up looking on you. Join me for dinner. Linda made this private booth look all pretty." I said with a bright smile, letting her sit down.

I would be lying if I said it didn't take me awhile to figure out if I wanted to propose to Amelia before or after dinner. After dinner always sounded perfect, but I wanted Lincoln to catch her off guard. "Before we start our wonderful dinner in our spot, I have a surprise for you." I whispered softly, standing up and walking around the wall, motioning for Lincoln to come out from hiding. When he did, I chuckled when Amelia gasped at the sight of my son, soon to be our son.

"Melia!" I heard him say, watching him go to sit next to her and hug her tightly. I laughed when Amelia was more than excited to have Lincoln here. "I'm glad you liked your final surprise." Although he isn't your final surprise.

Lincoln
When my dad told me it was okay to come out from hiding, I smiled excitedly and ran out, going straight to hug Amelia. I was glad when she seemed just as happy to see me. "Melia!" I exclaimed, not wanting to sit anywhere else but right next to her. "You look so pretty in the dress dad and I picked!" I told her with a wide grin, grabbing the paper Linda gave me to color on through the night. "I missed you, Melia."

Washington D.C.
Amelia
Following Linda to Jayden my grin blossomed into a giggly. blushing smile when I saw him dressed so sharp. My giggle fest continued when Jayden matched it with a chuckle, before showering me in his usual compliments. Secretly, I never got tired of them. In the beginning, I was suspicious if he just used them to win me over, but now I knew he was being genuine.

"You look handsome too. You clean up nice, I still like the uniform better though," I teased, kissing his cheek before I sat down, wiping the pink lipstick away with my thumb when he leaned over me to tell me there was yet another surprise. I was sure my eyes widened.

"No more surprises! You've done enough!"

Watching Jayden walk around the wall, I furrowed my eyebrows confused on what it was he was going to show me. When I saw Lincoln, at first I didn't comprehend it was him, not until I heard him call out to me. Squealing I got up from the chair to take him into a tight hug.

"Lincoln! What are you doing here?" I asked crouching down to his level, taking his hands in mine, looking up at him in deep admiration. "You look so handsome, too. I love the dress, you must have picked it out and not your dad. Thank you He's not the best dress picker," I whispered teasingly, pretending Jayden couldn't hear. You look so grown up Stop.

Giving him a matching kiss on the cheek, I wiped his lipstick stain away too before I took his hand and walked back to the table, smiling when both him and Jayden pulled out my chair before they sat down. They're so adorable. How did I get this lucky? I hope they know how much I love them. Watching Lincoln grab the usual mat, I pulled the reporting notebook I kept all his drawings in and handed it to him. "What are you going to draw for me?" I asked curiously, sipping the water that was placed in from of me after thanking the server while I continued to watch Lincoln, looking up at Jayden with a wink. In this moment, I was happy. When I heard Lincoln say he missed me I ran my fingers gently through his hair.

"I missed you too, my love. I'm glad you're here."

Washington D.C.
Jayden
I smiled when Amelia looked at me and gave me a wink. I was more than glad she was happy. That was all I could ask for at a time like this. I didn't want to bring up that I knew about The Post letting her go. We could always talk about that another day. A day when she was up for it. "You really do look stunning, Amelia. Did you love Dallas? He was honestly Lincoln's idea." I said with a laugh, taking her hand in mine as we waited for our drinks. I had ordered a glass of wine. I needed it to shake the nerves. My hands began shaking again and I know Lincoln saw it with the look he gave me. I just smiled in return, telling him I was going to be alright.

"I'm also glad Jade took a liking to him. He's a cute pup." Amelia and I watched Lincoln draw all three of us on a beach with such pride. He was an amazing artist, even if they were rough sketches. He definitely got that skill from me. I soon caught myself looking and admiring Amelia while she watched our son. I have never been able to take my eyes off her, bu tonight it was even more impossible to look away from the most amazing woman in my life. The only woman I wanted for the rest of it.

When the waitress took all of our food orders, I sipped on the glass of wine some more, the nerves finally starting to settle. I wanted to converse with Amelia more, but I was not going to ask her how her day was since I already knew. Instead, I asked her about Isabel. "Did she crack and tell you the gender? Do I get to know now that you do?" I asked her with excitement. It was exciting to know Isabel and Dawson were starting a family of their own.

Lincoln
"I'm glad I'm here too, Melia. I was excited when Aunt Tory told me I was coming." I said happily, continuing to smile when I felt her run her fingers through my hair. Being here with Amelia was amazing. She made me happy and she made my dad happy. She also meant a lot to me. After I lost my mommy, having Amelia there for me was everything I could have asked for and more. She was most definitely someone I wanted to be my mom, which is why today meant so much for me. Waiting until the very end of dinner was going to kill me! I just wanted to give her the necklace already.

When our waitress came to take get our drinks, I smiled and asked her if I could have a lemonade. After that, I began to draw a picture of Amelia, my dad and I, standing together as we held hands, looking at the ocean. I knew beaches were Amelia's favorite and since I was going to give this to her when I asked her an important question, I wanted this to be perfect. "I'm drawing us. Me, you and daddy on a beach, see?" I asked her, showing her the sketch I put together.

Amelia
"Dallas is precious. I'm not surprised he was Lincoln's idea," I teased again nudging Lincoln playfully, admiring his drawing as it began to come to life on the page. It always amazed me to watch an artist turn a blank page into a descriptive vision, it flabbergasted me. When I was younger, I envied anyone who could draw, thinking the things I wrote were less of a skill, as naive as I was, I thought drawing was a superior talent. Watching Lincoln draw the scene on the beach, the same feeling of amazement casted over me. with him I was exceptionally impressed because of how young he was to harbor such a talent.

Looking away for a moment, I smirked at Jayden turning the conversation to Isabel.

"She did crack, but I am sworn to secrecy, best friend's privilege," I said holding my hand up in a playful defense. "They'll be telling everyone soon though. They want it to be a surprise."

Turning back to Lincoln, I listened to him explain his drawing. "Ahhh, I see your ocean is very pretty. It looks real. I think it's my favorite so far, what do you think, daddy?" I asked Jayden, looking over to him sipping his wine, the sunlight illuminating his silhouette but still making him visible, highlighting the beads of sweat on his forehead and down the sides of his neck. He almost looked uncomfortable. It concerned me. When I heard his speak again, I thought I heard his voice quake, and still, I was attracted to him.

"Are you alright, love?" I asked giving him my hand again.

Last edited:
Jayden
When Amelia asked if I was alright, I bit my lip, looking at her as she gave me her hand again. Taking it, I tried to calm myself down, nodding to answer her question before I smiled so that she wouldn't catch on. "I'm fine, love." I reassure her, looking at Lincoln who looked at me, telling me to breathe. I knew I needed to but I couldn't wait any longer. I wanted to ask Amelia right now because waiting made this dinner seem to go by so slow, which meant I was more than nervous. "Amelia, there's something I need to ask you." The words left my mouth before I could even process it. I didn't mean to propose now, but I couldn't keep waiting. Now or never, Jayden.

When I said that, Lincoln looked at me and I smiled at him. He knew what I was doing because he was quick to stand up on the booth, handing Amelia the picture he drew up. I took a deep breath and noticed Linda was recording from a distance, so that Amelia wouldn't catch on. "Amelia." I heard Lincoln say and I let my son talk, smiling while he did.

Lincoln
"Amelia, I love you so much and I'm so happy that you make my dad happy. The way he talks about you, telling me how much he loves you makes me wish I was living here with you and him. Before I do move here though, I have to ask you something. I want all three of us to be a family so Amelia." I said, my hands shaking as I held out the necklace in the shape of a heart with mine and my dad's thumb prints. "Will you be my mom?" I asked her, biting my lip as I waited for her response and when she said yes, I was quick to throw my arms around her neck and hug her tight. I looked over to my dad who was now standing up at the end of the table. "You got this." I mouthed to him, smiling when he nodded. We're all going to be a family.

Jayden
After Amelia said yes to Lincoln, our son, I stood up, putting my hands in my pocket as I began to become nervous again. When Lincoln mouthed to me that I got this, it gave me the right amount of reassurance I needed. It gave me the strength I needed and when Amelia looked back to me, I took her hand in one of mine. "He's right you know, Amelia. You make me the happiest man alive. Being with you makes me feel alive. You're caring, beautiful, intelligent, and selfless. You're someone I want to be around every chance I can get. You have been there for me through all the bad and good and I will always be there when you need me. Waking up beside you everyday is something I want for the rest of my life. I want you in my life forever. I need you in my life because without you, this life I'm living isn't worth it. I want you to be the one walking beside me, everyday, through the good and the bad because I love you and I will always love you until my dying breath." With that, I dropped down to one knee, taking the red velvet box out of my pocket. Opening the box, I smiled at the most beautiful woman I ever laid my eyes on. "So, Amelia Lynn Carson, will you make me the happiest man alive? Will you make our family complete and marry me?"

Amelia
It all happened so quickly, it felt like a lucid dream. When I asked Jayden if he was alright, I didn't expect anything to come of it. I was fully emersed in the moment, enjoying the peace I so desperately needed after my downhill day at work.

"What is it?" I asked Jayden softly, given him my full attention as I set the heavy cloth napkin in my lap. I had no idea what he was going to ask, but I was listening. When Lincoln stood up in the booth I thought he needed something so I was quick to turn my attention to him.

"Yes my love?" Looking up at him, I wasn't prepared for what he was working up the courage to talk to me. When he spoke, I could tell he was nervous and that me must have been practicing his heartfelt speech all day. Seeing the hope in his eyes, made me cry as he told me how much he loved me and then asked me to be his mom. You want me to be your mom? I never expected Lincoln to want me to step into the role of his mother after he lost his so tragically, but I did my best to let him know I loved him in any way he would allow. I left it up to him, so when he asked, I was overwhelmed with his love. I didn't want to mess it up. Taking his hands in my own I smiled through my tears, catching my breath. Seeing the necklace threw my heart into a loop. It was a sweet gesture I would cherish for the rest of my life.

'I would love to be your mom, Linc." Accepting his hug, I cupped his face when he pulled away, seeing the tears start to form in his eyes. I knew this was a big step for him. "I love you."

In the moment, I wasn't paying attention to Jayden, letting Lincoln help me put the necklace on. I held it over my heart where it would stay. When I looked at Jayden again, I saw he was standing and when he took my hand, I felt a surge of anxiety pulsate my veins. What are doing?

Standing, I was still perplexed on what was about to occur, too shocked to process it. Listening to Jayden give his own speech is when the revelation came to me. No. Gasping, the tears flowed over my eyelids and down my cheeks. "Jayden..." I whispered while he continued, my own hand shaking in his. When he fell to his knee, I laughed as a coping mechanism, trying to pull myself together, I wiped my tears away, letting Jayden ask the question.

Being the woman I was, I wasn't just going to say yes.

"Are you sure?" I asked in disbelief that this was real. When he convinced me through his nerves, this is what he wanted, I nodded and brought Jayden back to his feet.

"Then yes, I'll marry you."

Jayden
I was quick to take Amelia into a tight hug, picking her before I swung her around in excitement that she said yes. Chuckling, I set her down, slipping the ring onto her finger. It looked perfect. Everything about this was perfect and right now, my heart was beating fast against my chest at the thought of Amelia agreeing to be my wife. Taking her hand, it felt right when I felt the ring. This was the only woman I would want for the rest of my life, and now she agreed to marry me. She was going to be Mrs. Acciolli and the thought made my head spin. She was perfect.

"I'm glad you agreed because I don't know what I would have done had you said no." I said teasingly, leaning forward to plant a gentle and loving kiss against her lips. It wasn't anything that would make others feel uncomfortable, but I made sure the kiss showed her just how much I loved her. Pulling away, I looked over at Lincoln who took his now mother's other hand, smiling brightly at her. When Amelia sat back down next to Lincoln, and I joined, I watched them interact with each other again. They were my family.

When our food arrived, I smiled happily when our plates we put in front of us. I noticed Amelia taking a picture of her ring and I couldn't stop the chuckle that came from me. "Already going to blow up Bel's phone?" I teased, chuckling again as I cut into my steak, happily eating the piece I just cut.

Washington D.C.
Amelia
"No, I'm just saving pictures for later. She's napping and I know better than to wake a pregnant Isabel." Slipping the phone back in my purse I turned to the blackened salmon I ordered for dinner, watching Lincoln eat his cheeseburger contently after I helped him cut it in half. I still can't believe he did all of this for me. A part of me wished Isabel was closer so she could share this moment with us, but I knew when I saw her again we would make up for it. We became accustomed to it. Jayden and I are getting married. I tried not to think about it strenuously because I knew the thought of being a wife would send me into a separate panic from losing my position at The Post. I just wanted to enjoy this dinner with the boys I was going to spend the rest of my life with.
Dallas, Texas
Brett
Dawson didn't want me to wake Isabel to tell her what he got himself into at work, but I knew it would be worse not to tell her. When she woke up from her nap, realizing Dawson never called her, she would make herself sick with worry, so while I sat in the waiting room of the ER, I called her.

When she answered, I knew by grogginess hinted in her tone, I did wake her.

"Hey there, Isabel, sorry to wake ya, Dawson didn't want me to, but I didn't want you to worry when he didn't come home. Your prince charming will have to reschedule your date night because he pulled a damn Thunder Bird out of burning plane. He's going to be okay, he just burned up his hands pretty bad and is in a good amount of pain right now, but I'll bring him to you when the nurses are done bandaging up the crybaby. Can we bring you anything? Perhaps another man who doesn't save the enemy," I teased, in a deep chuckle. Dawson called me over here from Fort Worth, so Isabel wouldn't have to come to his rescue, but I knew better. Before I walked out to the waiting room, I watched my cousin cry out in pain like a little girl, and for a few moments, I thought it was hilarious until I realized how bad he was hurt. All kidding aside, I had to tell Isabel the truth when she became concerned.

"He'll be okay, I can promise you that much, but his hands are pretty nasty. The nurses said the doctor might keep him for a few days until he's healed enough to go home. I figured you want to see him."

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
I was happily sleeping, enjoying the nap I was able to have before a wonderful date with the man I loved. I was expecting a call from Dawson, my pilot, not Brett, his bull-riding cousin. Groaning, I answered the call, noticing how groggy my voice sounded when I did. I wasn't sure why the bull rider was calling, but when he mentioned Dawson, I immediately woke up, sitting up on my bed with my back against the headboard as he explained to me what happened. Are you freaking kidding, Dawson Nicholas Covington? That's what I thought when I heard he pulled a Thunder Bird out of his burning plane.

"Is he going to be alright, Brett? I don't need anything, I'm fine, just make sure my husband is okay." When I said that, I realized how easily the word 'husband' rolled off my tongue. "I- uh, what hospital are y'all at? I'll be there soon. If he has to stay the night then I want to be there. Do you need anything? Does he? Just text me and let me know before I leave. See ya in a few."

I hung up quickly, biting my lip as I thought about how easily I called Dawson my husband. It sent me into my spiraling thoughts because deep down, I know I wanted that. I wanted Dawson to be my husband but now it seems as though it just wasn't the time. Plus planning a wedding wasn't something I could do while pregnant. It would give me unneeded stress that I couldn't afford to take on. Shaking my head to get me out of my thoughts, I played country music on my phone as I walked into my closet, throwing on yoga pants, a relaxed and loose t-shirt, with my nike's to match. I threw a cardigan over my shirt because I knew it was going to be freezing in the hospital. After getting dressed, I left my hair down before I grabbed a change of clothes, my charger and everything else I would need for a night stay with Dawson.

After grabbing all the essentials, I went straight to the hospital, ignoring the fact that my stomach was growling and a hung set in. I didn't eat since breakfast with Dawson but all I wanted to do was be with him. I left my car with the hospital valet, running in quickly to check in and tell them who I was seeing. Once I was outside his door, I knocked, smiling softly before I walked in and saw my pilot looking so vulnerable. Sighing softly, I hugged Brett when he walked over before setting my bags down, walking to the side of Dawson's bed so I could lean down and kiss him softly. "Really, Amor? A Thunder Bird? You know what you're turning into? A softy." I teased, sticking out my tongue with a giggle before I sat down next to him. You look like you're in so much pain. I want to take it all away. I ignored my stomach growling once again and when Brett offered to go get me food, I told him no. "I'm alright, Brett. Relax. And you, stop being mad at him. He came all the way here from Fort Worth and you're upset because he called me. If anything, I'm glad he did."

Dawson
Picking up a man out of a plane before it incinerated after a dropped engine. It was a heart-stopping sight to watch a plane fail at take off. The smell was horrendous and seeing the flames start to consume the cabin. I was panicked at the thought of a man being trapped inside, Thunder Bird or not, he was still a man who had a family that expected him home at the end of the day and I wasn't going to let someone lose their life with me as a witness. Without thinking, I ran towards the plane, and pulled the young man out, my hands catching the heat when I busted in to get inside and drag him out. At first, being a victim of my adrenaline, I didn't feel the pain, I just saw my skin cracking and bubbling, it wasn't until a few minutes later when I saw all the blood the pain came in one excruciating wave.

It didn't get any better once I arrived to the ER. The nurses gave me a numbing medication for the pain while they irrigated my mangled hands with water, cleaning them before they even started the actual treatment, but they started before I was even numb, It was the worst pain to endure, bringing tears to my eyes as I clenched my teeth to keep from screaming, the agony turning my stomach.

Strangely, through the experience I thought about Isabel having to bring a child into world. That was supposedly the worst pain, and if it was in fact, worse than this, I felt horrible for making her have to go through that. We won't have any more kids.

I didn't call Isabel right away because I didn't want to wake her only to have her over think the situation like she had a habit of doing. I didn't want her to think the worst immediately. Calling Brett, I should have known better, but I didn't realize until I saw Isabel standing at my door. Shit. My glare to Brett turned into a smile when Isabel made her way over to me, returning her kiss, I tried to cup her face out of habit but winced when I attempted to pick my heavy bandaged hands up, feeling the loose skin rub against my open wounds. Rolling my eyes playfully at Isabel's comment I shrugged.

"I guess I am turning soft, but it's no one's fault but your own, Anes.I'll forgive Brett for ratting me out, but you need to eat, you need to take care of our son."

Isabel
Sitting next to Dawson made everything feel real. It hurt me knowing Dawson was in pain and there was nothing that I could do to take them away. Sighing softly, I looked at Dawson when he basically told me I needed to eat. "Can I just say that I am not the reason you are becoming soft, Covington and if I must eat, I could really use Chick-fil-a right now. Number three, twelve count, a large with a sweet tea please and thank you." I said, laughing when Brett did before he left to retrieve what I asked him for. Once Brett left, I sighed softly and relaxed in the chair, looking at Dawson as I bit my lip. "How are you feeling? When was the last time they gave you pain reliever and how long in between?" I asked immediately, needing to know the details so that I could ensure Dawson would be okay. I was planning on staying overnight with him, but all other thoughts were pushed aside when the nurse came in to check in on Dawson.

Thanking the nurse before she left, I released a soft sigh, looking at Dawson again as I tried to comfort him. I knew something was off with him. I didn't know what was on his mind and I wanted to know. "I love you so much, Dawson. You are truly an amazing man. Thunder Bird or not you saved him." I said softly, not sure if he was thinking about the events that got him here. Placing my hand on his arm, I smiled. “Our son is so lucky to have you.”

When Brett returned with my food, I began to eat immediately, enjoying how every bite satisfied my hunger. While I ate, I looked over to Brett and smiled. “So what have you been up to, Rider? Any lucky girl in your life yet?” I asked him, just trying to make conversation.

Last edited:
Dawson
When Brett left I wasn't surprised when Isabel threw herself into her questions. It was typical for her, it was how she showed her concern. Despite the pain I was in though, I did my best to remain patient with her.

"Mi amor, breathe please. I'll be fine. They're taking good care of me here," I said in a shuddered breath. I knew she was more concerned than angry with me for pulling a pilot to safety, but sitting here staring back at her I was overwhelmed with guilt. What were you thinking when you put yourself in danger like that? It's not just you anymore. What if something worse hapened to you? She would have been alone. You're reckless, Covington. It wasn't until I heard her soft voice again, I looked up at her, feeling her touch my arm, it was enough to not think about the pain. I appreciated her support but it didn't make me feel any less selfish for bringing another setback into our relationship. Both of you deserve better. I'm sorry.

When Brett returned with Isabel's dinner, I watched her eat, relieved that she listened. Even at my worst, she and our son were always going to be my first concern.

Brett
"You're full of jokes, Isabel. But what's that I heard about a son? Are y'all excited? Another Convington boy, we'll play for you, momma. I hope he comes out with some common sense unlike his dad. Do ya'll have a name?"

Isabel
When Brett mentioned Dawson and I having a son, I wondered how he knew but I let it go. I wanted to keep the gender a secret and I was going to make sure Brett didn't say a word. "Yes, we're having a son. I'm excited. We both are. I'm sure he will come out just fine, Brett. Stop being mean." I said while playfully hitting his arm, shaking my head as I continued to eat. A name. Holy shit, we never discussed names. I tried to talk myself out of my thoughts because I felt myself to spiral. Dawson and I never discussed names. We haven't discussed anything. Nothing. We have nothing. Oh my god, we don't have jack shit ready.

Clearing my throat, I was able to stop spiraling, setting all the stress aside as I reassured myself that Dawson and I would start discussing what needs to be done once he's back home and recovering. When I looked up at the two Covington men, I noticed they were both looking at me with concern. I wasn't sure how long I spiraled but I was better now. "Sorry, I just got distracted. Um, we don't have a name yet. We haven't really talked about it but I'm always open to suggestions. Can ya think of anything?" I asked Brett with a smile, listening him list off names he thought would suit Dawson and my son.

Once I finished eating, I threw away the bag of food before I leaned back over Dawson's bed, kissing him lovingly. "Do you need anything?" I asked, hugging Brett before he left for the night. "Thank you for coming." I told him as we hugged, closing the door behind him once he walked out. Sighing softly, I sat in the recliner next to Dawson and grabbed the remote for the television. "What to watch? What to watch?" I asked, scrolling through the channels. I settled on HGTV, it was always a go to, and admired the house that was being fixed up. I could feel myself spiraling again, everything felt like it was closing in and my chest was getting tight. This feeling was new to me. It had never happened before. Pushing it aside as best as I could, I looked over at Dawson. "Are you sure you don't want anything to eat?" I asked him.

Washington D.C.
Amelia

Tonight still felt like a dream, but with the night winding down, I missed Isabel. We were accustomed to living so far apart, but days like today, I wished I had my best friend in the moment. Getting engaged was just one of the milestones a girl would naturally want her best friend for. I knew by the jewelry Lincoln and Jayden picked out isabel was still involved in the proposal and that made me feel a little better, but not by much. Sighing, I smiled down at the ring and picked up my phone, finally sending her the pictures I took at dinner of the ring on my finger.

"I know you already know but it's safe to let go of your breath. I said yes."

Sending the text, I set it down on the couch next to me. Lincoln was already in our bed asleep and Jayden was dead asleep, his head in my lap while he sprawled out onto the rest of the couch. There was no doubt the boys had a long, exhausting day and now I was left alone with the glass of wine Jayden gave me and the Dateline episode we were watching. Waiting for Bel's reply while I played with Jayden's hair, I wondered what was next for us. Where were we going? What was I going to do about work? What was going to happen with Lincoln? Were we moving? I tried not to let my thoughts about the future ruin the amazing day I had for the most part, but I couldn't help it.

Dallas, Texas
Isabel
The rest of the evening went by slow. Maybe it only did because mentally I was spiraling and I didn't want to talk about it with Dawson when he was in the hospital recovering from his burns. We talked but I knew it was only to fill the silence. I could sense the tension in the air and I knew we were both spiraling.

We stayed up, watching TV, and when they gave him another dosage of his pain reliever, I watched Dawson fall asleep. I, on the other hand, couldn't fall asleep. The recliner was uncomfortable and I had too much on my mind. Luckily, I brought my laptop with me, which meant I was going to distract myself. Grabbing it out of my bag, I was quick to open it up and begin looking at everything I needed to so that I could stop spiraling. I looked at houses, some apartments because maybe a house wasn't the best option right now. I didn't know Amelia had sent me pictures of her ring until I opened my messages on my laptop, smiling brightly at her message. I really need you right now.

I smiled when I saw the pictures, laughing softly when I read her message that came with it. I really needed Amelia here with me. I wish we could both be together. I wish I could've been with her when Jayden proposed and I wish she was here for the gender reveal. I missed her and in my panic of spiraling, I knew she was the only person I could turn to.

"I love the ring, but I am biased. I'm glad you loved it and I'm so happy for you!" I decided to double text her, letting her know what was going through my mind right now. "I wish you were here. (sad face emoji). I really need you. I'm at the hospital with Dawson, not because something is wrong with me but because a Thunder Bird's engine failed, so Dawson pulled him out and burned his hands before the plane was engulfed in flames. Best friend, I'm spiraling so talk to me, please? Nothing is freaking ready for the baby. Dawson and I have accomplished talking about nothing... Help?" Hitting send, I continued to distract myself by putting items I needed into my baby registry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back