• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored by Love (Draft Four... lol)

Isabel
After showering for the second time this morning, I pouted as I sat on mine and Dawson's bed, fully dressed and ready for today's activities whenever Amelia decided to wake up and respond. I was pouting though because of how quick I was to give in to what Dawson wanted and now that stupid smug expression wouldn't leave his face when he looked at me.

"I hate you," I said with a huff before I got up to stretch, wincing for a single second as I felt pain shoot through me.
Damn. He didn't have to be so rough. Composing myself, I walked out of the room, ignoring the pilot as I went downstairs and headed straight for the kitchen, needing coffee and some form of food immediately.

As I waited for my bagel to finish toasting, I leaned against the kitchen island as I went to mine and Amelia's text thread again. "Bih, if you don't wake up within the next thirty minutes, I will be the one to pull you out of your bed and not Jayden. GET UP. We have shopping to do."

After sending the text, I heard the pitter-patter of feet running through the house. Giggling, I stood at the end of the stairs, waiting for my son to run down and when he did, his expression at seeing me was too precious. "Mama!" He was quick to exclaim as he jumped into my arms and I responded in wrapping them around him tight, spinning us around as I kissed all over his face while he giggled infectiously. "Morning, my love."

"Mama, can Daddy make me pancakes?" He asked me and I let out a giggle, nodding. "Yes, he can but you have to tell him yourself." Watching my son take off to his father, I went back to the kitchen and finished making my own breakfast, taking it to my office area where I checked on some work emails and messages since I had some time before taking my leave to pull my best friend out of her own bed. It's only nine? God I woke up early today. The heck was I thinking?

Amelia
Jayden and I were the type of parents where he took shifts with the kids, and usually, I was responsible for the morning shift, since he still took the night shifts. However, after I was called in to cover breaking news of a suspect committing arson on an influential business owner's home, we switched off this morning. Unfortunately, Jayden's attempt to let me sleep in failed considering I woke at the first peep of Lincoln's hungry wails. Originally, I got up to rush to his call for his mama, but hearing the cries cease faster than I could walk out of the bedroom, I assumed Jayden was attempting to get Lincoln to take a bottle, something Lincoln still wasn't fond of and only did when I couldn't be around.

Taking this peaceful time for myself, I opted for a long shower. The full works: the full hair care routine, body wash, moisturizers and even a quick shave. Stepping out of the warm shower, I still ignored my phone's notifications, leaving it on do not disturb while I mumbled the lyrics to Waiting on a Woman. by Brad Paisley while I ran a rounded brush through my wet, blonde curly hair before I put in the products that lined my sink that I often neglected to use, in too much of a hurry to even consider them. Taking my time with each step, looking back at myself in the mirror, this was one of the few times, I let myself admire a glimpse of my reflection.

"You look alive today," I whispered to myself before the next song began to play, this time it was Foxey Lady By Jimi Hendrix, one of Jayden's many go-to's that made its way into my own playlist. Getting lost in my jam session, by the time I came out of it, I had done both my hair and a my typical makeup, but this time, instead of a light pink lipstick choice, I went with my classic red. I hadn't used it in awhile and I was curious to see Jayden's reaction with the full outfit I picked out as well. A green cashmere sweater, a pair of dark-washed high rise jeans, and a pair of suede brown ankle boots to match the brown belt with gold accents and darker brown leather jacket.

Seeing it all come together was a bit bizarre considering I never dressed for myself anymore, unless it was for work, but even then I tended to stick to the boring basics of solid color slacks and shirts, just enough to get by ya know? Having two young kids really drains the life out of you, and you don't know until you know. Let me tell you.

Picking up my phone I turned down the music to a soft whisper before I turned on notifications to see Isabel harassing me in the text thread. Face timing her from the edge of my bed as I switched out my purse I shook my head at her. "Can I not get some me time in this morning? Damn, you're worst than the kids today, and if you want me to go shopping with you of all things you know I hate I hope you know to show up with coffee as a peace offering or I am not leaving my baby and oh my GOD you're not even paying attention to me as always when we are on the phone! You're working!"

Isabel
I was knee deep in my work emails when I heard my phone ring, alerting me of an incoming FaceTime call while the small notification banner also appeared on my laptop. Deciding to answer it from my phone, I laughed to myself not being able to even get a "hello" in before my best friend started scolding me. I waited for her to finish before I even attempted to get a word in and once there was a silent moment, I looked over at her and smiled. "Well good morning to you too, Best Friend," I said while sticking my tongue out playfully. "I am working but only because I was waiting for a response back from you. I'll wrap up now. Also, bold of you to assume I wouldn't show up with coffee. I'm glad you had a fun morning full of me time. I'm sorry for spamming you. Let's just say this morning involved some rough as fuck activity and now I'm in pain."

With that, I turned back to my laptop and logged back out of all my work accounts for now. I shouldn't have really logged on to begin with considering I was on vacation but I was just curious to see what was happening in my absence. Call me a protective, potentially overbearing editor.

"Bueno, I'll be at your house shortly. Your curls look adorable today. We love to see it. I assume you had the time to put product in, huh."

Amelia
Raising a brow at Isabel's mention of her morning activities, I shook my head as I crumbled up all my old coffee receipts and threw them in the trash bin across the room. Laughing at her comment about my hair.

"It is amazing what you can do when your kids and husband think you're asleep. Enjoy those activities while you can. I am lucky if I even have the spare time to look at Jayden seductively," I replied in another chuckle. "Hurry up before they pull me into mom duties and I can't escape! I'm surprised my daughter hasn't come to find me yet."

Isabel
I laughed at Amelia's statement regarding how she never has a moment to even look at Jayden seductively. I knew she constantly had her hands full with her babies that I loved so much, but between that and working, I also knew her and Jayden hardly got any time together. I should offer to babysit for a weekend so they can get some time alone. Noted.

"Well, said activities were not planned, very much a spur of the moment from him. I was being the biggest brat at first and def paid for it so don't laugh at me today. I'm leaving now and will see you in quite literally fifteen minutes."

As if right on cue, before I could even hang up, I heard the yelling on one Little Bel as she barged into her mothers room. "Mommy!!! Good morning." She said excitedly before jumping into her parents bed and hugging her close. Her attention quickly averted when she saw me on the screen and her toothy grin made my heart swell. "Tia Bel!! Good morning! Mateo is coming over today, right? Daddy bought us new toys!"

"Good morning, mini me. Yes, your cousin will be there today so you will get to play with all the new toys together," I said with a smile before hanging up, quick to leave my office, grab my purse, kiss both of my boys goodbye before heading out the door. "Be good for your dad and your Uncle Jayden, Mateo!" I said quickly and drove out of the driveway, headed to Starbucks first before the Acciolli residence.

Jayden
Shortly after my daughter had woken up and climbed out of my lap, I heard her excitedly yelling for her mother and Isabel. I knew then she was up and ready for the days activities but her brother was not. He still remained asleep in my arms and I gently laid him back down in his crib before walking to join my girls in mine and my wife's room.

When I laid eyes on my wife, I couldn't stop the subtle blush that streamed to my face. She was still as gorgeous as ever, but I noted how she had done her hair and makeup, along with her outfit of choice, all indicators that she had a peaceful morning to herself that was rare. I was glad she had the chance though, and walking over to her, I couldn't help but grin as I kissed her softly. "Good morning, Vix," I whispered to her as our daughter jumped out of our bed and ran for the door again. "Don't be too loud, Bel. Linc is still sleeping."

When she left and headed for her own room, I twirled one of Amelia's curls around my finger as I smiled at her. "I take it you had a nice morning all to yourself. I'm glad. You needed it before Isabel comes here and drags you out for an activity we all know you hate."

Amelia
Seeing Jayden's reaction made the effort I originally debated about putting in worth it. He's so easy. I thought, nodding at his subtle remark of my appearance. "Yes it was nice, thank you, but Isabel gives me a run for my money. I can't go out with her without looking like this. She always has to show me up since she is the cooler, hotter mom with her one kid, ya know? She needs to have another one so she can bum it with me. This is exhausting. Pushing my husband off of me playfully, all I offered him was a quick kiss on the cheek before rolling out of the bed to escape his temptation.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay with both of the kids by yourself? I don't have to go," I whispered, secretly hoping he would let me off the hook with this one, but when he shook his head following after me, I stomped my foot playfully. "But whyyyyyyyyyy I hate shopping, especially at Christmas time! It does not bring me joy. I think Isabel just gets joy out of inflicting some misery at me after my college angst. She never has been one to let things go," I said, making every excuse in the book, playfully of course. It was the one thing Isabel asked me to do with her every year to get into the Christmas spirit so I happily obliged, but if it was anyone else, I would have objected in the same breath as the request.

Hi all, just popping in to say I miss writing this for you, and perhaps it's just a coping mechanism, but the nostalgia hit different tonight, and I just want to say thank you for giving me a place to express myself and meet an amazing soul. I wish we had the opportunity to spend more time here, but I am eternally grateful for those sweet beginnings and I miss this little world.

Lots of love, always.

Lexus

Hello lovely humans, I posted it on my profile too, but if anyone is interested in writing with me, please let me know. I would love to hear from you. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back