Allow me to tell you my story....

Iatos Mehiro

One Time Luck
I suppose my story began thousands of years ago...

The time were around noon and the sun were still high in the sky, it was midsummer and the grass on plains around my village were lush long and green. The fields were filled with plenty of growth and many animals and filled lakes would make for a bountiful hunt. And in the middle of it all laid my home village called Helmcrest after the lord who once founded it Sir Angus Helmcrest. It was not the largest of villages and you could easily count the forty three houses who dotted the interior inside the wooden palisade that made a wall around the village to fend of wild animals and monsters. The village was peaceful and always open to trade from all kinds of travelers and merchants who occasionally stopped by to trade their goods for what my village produced. Out of the forty three houses there were but thirty of which were inhabited for living, three were storage's and the other ten were used for other purposes for serving trading, marketing and products and producing. There were a Inn were travelers could rest their weary bodies, right next to a stable for their tired steeds. There were Two merchants houses since only one was not sufficient and they dealt with buying and selling goods that were produced by, or brought to the village. There were a Mill and a Bakery by the river flowing through the village, where you also could find the fisher and the tanner who prepared the skins of hunted animals. And lastly You would find a Flax and Weaver at the end who produced clothing, right across from the town hall where none really lived but were usually inhabited by the Town Head.

Most in the village were like most in this time made out of wood, the houses...bridges and water wheels. None which were really freshly built so moss and deterioration could be seen here and there. I were but a wee child upon the time, living with my mother and father right by the fishers house. I was mostly known by my parents as a young Troublemaker, with Raven black hair and calm green eyes. My skin were usually white but tanned under the sun, I was known to be rather tall for my age yet not very muscular or fat for that matter, but still not starved either. You could say I was normally rather slim and agile, my favorite hobby besides fishing were running around and try to have fun with the other village children and usually end up making trouble...which was the reason I were known as a Trouble maker, meh...not my fault that everything didn't go really exactly as planned, or things happened that were uncalled for. *shrug* You can't really predict every little detail in advance now can you?...don't answer that, rhetorical question. Ahem, lets go on...I were about thirteen years old and only three years from becoming of age so there weren't really much time I had left to goof around either, but right today I needed a break. Yesterday had been a hectic day for everyone, and I would have to help out my parents most of the day to fill in an order of 'that size' helping to pack and unpack goods at the merchants houses to earn my keep. When done The village children would drag me out on an adventure too and there was no denying it as we ran to the forest even thought we did not get permission too.

Of course such an adventure among kids usually end up, well troubled...and even thought the first hour were a blast we had to spend most of the day searching for a neighbor kid who got lost while playing hide and seek, suppose he was the best one at it...Teh he he he....the search went into the evening to the point were there were no return, we had to confess to our parents in the village that someone was lost. Late in the evening after getting grounded for playing in the forest the news came...the boy, my neighbor had been found dead...torn apart by wild beasts and it was partly my fault, I hadn't stopped it...I had only played along and someone ended up dead. The following day I couldn't take being locked inside my home any longer, not only were the regret burning strongly inside my veins...but I couldn't just let it out...no not here, this was not the place to show grief or remorse...I took my fishing rod by the door and ran down to the lake near the village, here was 'my place' my special place where I could usually be alone to think. Throwing my lure in the water I would sit back on the bridge running out to the boats in the lake water that was perfectly clear under my feet. You could see the reflection of the blue sky perfectly and at points it would seem like the fish underneath the bridge swam through the air. Until and after noon I would sit there in silence, already having put several large salmons into my basket at the side, it would be the time I rose from my seat and looked towards home, the tears that once had dripped like rain in the water below and left dried out marks on my cheeks had finally stopped but what my eyes would then witness was a sight I never would wish upon anyone else....

From the lake I saw Smoke, much much black smoke over the hills towards the village. It was clear to me that this were no normal bonfire, nor anything you would use to burn the remains of one lost soul...no...this...this was bad. I dropped my fishing rod who fell out of my hand down on the wooden bridge below and ran as fast as my bare feet could carry me back towards the village, soon I would realize that the whole place were set ablaze...the flames rose almost as high as the heavens and the screams of agony and fear was only dampened by the sound of thousands of thundering hooves cracking over the ground. The village were under attack, without warning...without delay...without mercy...without regret...death had come...and death would prevail. All I could do was to watch as my people got slaughtered before my very eyes, those who did not get killed got dragged off as slaves or forcefully put in service under their rule. Why?....don't ask me...I don't know...I will never know...I don't want to know...I...could only watch, there were nothing I could do, could have done...all I did were to do as I had been told, to run....run and don't turn back. And Ran I did...thought it was then I would meet him, my brother...I don't know where he came from, but in his hands he held a Sword and when I asked where he got it he just said that he he got it from someone a long time ago, and now the time had come for him to use it...he would go, avenge our family...but he would not stand a chance against two thousand men.

I attempted to get him to stop, I did everything in my power and even begged him to not go to his death as well, but he wouldn't listen...So I did the one thing, said those eight words I never thought in my life I would ever say at this moment. "Then let me do it, I will avenge them" I would say, and to my surprise I would see tears in his eyes, he...he couldn't even do it...he was scared, but angry...he wanted too...but felt powerless, he even handed me the sword and I could hardly swing it myself...I was not strong...not by a long shot, I was a weak kid with a sword trying to avenge my family and friends and I would...I wouldn't let anything stand in my way, I wanted them dead....them all dead, to see them all burn for what they did...with the sword in my hand I realized this very fact, I wanted to kill them....every last one of them. And with a too heavy for me to swing sword I would go, Go...To face my destiny....my demise....my omega...my own end, and my own....my own Rebirth. What came after cannot be put into words, I sat under the apple tree planted outside the village as a memory, watching the sunset with a half eaten apple in the palm of my hand...I would brush the air out of my face before standing and look over the land ahead of me, lush green and wide....an endless world without boundaries would lay by my feet. Behind me laid my past, burned down to ashes and cinders, a scourged land...a scar in the world left to rotten along with the over two thousand bodies,horses and bones spread evenly over the wasteland that would mark my past...That was my end....And also my beginning....

I...was born....I....were Iatos....The Guardian....of Death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back