• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy After Life

Rise of Albion

THE STORM WILL COME
Every death is important and significant, every passing an impact on the balance of the world, yet not every human soul is eternally tethered to the Earth. There is of course a heaven and a hell, but not in the religious sense of the world. It is to separate the spirits of the departed depending on what level of justice they deserved after the short span of existence ended in the world. The ultimate judgement, the final closure. And yet, not all souls are able to move on.

For some reason, after a person's death, their spirit can become eternally bound and connected to the Earth. There is no chance for moving on, no chance for judgement and no chance to find their closure. The rest of human existence is made their sentence, and even then it might carry on further. Our world, the living realm, calls them 'ghosts'.

They inhabit what is known as the Shadow Realm, but it is really more so an alteration of our world. Life is black and white, filled with shadows and entirely emotionless. They cannot feel the heat of the sun, the wind brushing against their skin, the pain of a stubbed toe. A spirit can only watch the world of the living pass by, unable to communicate or signal to tell people that they are still there, still watching, but now, dead.

However, something is changing within the world. People are starting to be able to see the spirits, and they can communicate with them too. To go so far as to actually be able to talk to them. Not everyone has this extra-ordinary gift, but it is more than enough to create an enormous stirring amongst the ghosts. After countless millenia of not being able to be seen or heard, suddenly a select few around the world are able to possess this ability. The paranormal and the supernatural, can finally be proved as real.

But why is it happening now?

The normal human generation can't sense it at all. The seers have some feeling that something isn't quite right with the world. The spirits however, they know that something is coming. Something evil and dangerous, which will tip the balance of every realm, from that of the living, the shadows, and even into the lands of the judged. No one knows what it is, but it's coming. And no one and no where will be safe from its wrath.

The maps section further explains the abilities and roles of the humans, seers and spirits/ghosts, while also providing information about their worlds.

--

• tumblr_inline_mgdtb43F6Y1qg4knb.jpg

Humans are the ignorant beings who have yet to hold any contact with the dead, inhabiting the realms of the living. They can hold no sense of the supernatural and are the least affected by their attempts to connect. These fragile beings are also the biggest non-believers of any existence of ghosts, spirits and seers. They make up almost all of the world's population. Save for the seers.

They traverse through every day life believing in their own religious, living their short, meaningless lives, interacting with each other as though nothing in the world mattered other than their own personal "problems". They can have no possibly sense of what is coming for them.

tumblr_mcda6bOZ8m1qa9c27o1_500.jpg

• Our world, inhabited by the living, humans and seers alike.

tumblr_m9qlufPir21qzjl9xo1_500.png

raz%20%283%29.jpg

Free-Download-HD-Stunning-Colorful-Sky-Arti-660x330.jpg

--

1. Regular site rules apply.
  2. When events become too intimate (NC-17+, R), please fade to black or continue on through pm.
  3. Literacy is the biggest requirement. Posts need to be detailed and lengthy, preferably two to three full paragraphs each. Not all of it needs to be dialogue, it can be the character's thoughts about current circumstances or even about past experiences and their own relationships. It keeps the rp at a sophisticated level and also helps you to improve your own writing skill.
  4. NO ONE LINERS.
  5. Do not start rp-ing until I have accepted you.
  6. If there are no more spots left, then don't apply. I'm not going to open more up unless the rp has died.
  7. Have you read the rules? Then put your character's favourite movie or song into the personality section. Just merge it in. Don't bold or italics or anything. I read them all. You don't have to worry. ;) Ignore the last rule.
  8. Please be original with your characters. I want depth and personality, no Mary-Sues, Gary-Stus and no stereotypical characters. Don't have your female be strong all the time. People cry and people hurt and it takes awhile to get over it.
  9. Relationships do not happen over night. Heat of the moment, yes, but there are going to be repercussions of that. One night stands happen, yes, but don't have them fallen in love over that or together in a relationship. That's why it's called a one night stand. No falling in love at one go.
  10. Characters evolve and develop. It's okay if your character isn't the same as your had her/him at the beginning.
  11. Do not fight against me. I can/might/will block you from the rp if you disobey these rules, annoy me, fight with others or anything else.
  12. Don't fight will your fellow rpers. It's not nice and you're just being a bully. Stop it.
  13. Have fun!
  14. If you have read the rules, please place 'Humans, Seers, Spirits' at the end of your application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rise of Albion updated After Life with a new update entry:

Starting the Role Play

Hello!
Thank you to everyone who has applied to After Life, and been accepted. I'm keen to begin soon but I am aware that some people may still want to sign up and post characters.

Anyone who has been accepted is allowed to create another one to fill up the spots required.

I want to start July 2nd (Australian EST).

Can't wait to get it going!

Thanks,

Rise of Albion
Read the rest of this update entry...

Rise of Albion updated After Life with a new update entry:

The Beginning & Registrations

Just a quick note: Although the roleplay will be beginning today, registrations are still open until I decide when. I will still be accepting new characters. If the sign up thread becomes inactive, just e-mail me your application.
Thanks,

Rise of Albion
Read the rest of this update entry... 
Jason didn’t care that he was studying science at college. He didn’t care that it involved unsolvable maths equations, chemicals, atoms and essays. He didn’t care that his teacher was a d*ck who seemed to enjoy tormenting and embarrassing his students. Well, that was an enormous lie, but that wasn’t his particular point at the moment. What he did care about was that he was being forced to go on an excursion on a Saturday. The Saturday. His Saturday when he was supposed to be throwing one of the biggest parties of his life. Hundreds of girls, gallons of booze, rented stereos that would blast out his music, and the possibility for the greatest, eternal social reputation ever. And what was he doing on this incredibly important day? He was on a school trip like a damned elementary school kid being taken to the science institution for the day. To say he was pissed, was an enormous understatement. Maybe when they got there, they could do a test to see how much steam was currently billowing from his ears.

The screen of his iPhone 5c was receiving a serious beating as he tried to shoot the angry bird into the pigs and was simultaneously fuming about the injustices of life. He growled as once again the pigs were blocked from his attack, safe with his eggs. His eggs. Who the hell did they think they were to steal from him!? His gaze travelled to the open top window of the bus and he raised his arm to throw the device clear out of his grasp and his mind. However, he was stopped at the last minute as a hand pulled his arm down and thus stopped his plans from advancing. Jason turned to glare at the perpetrator before he was met with a disapproving stare from his best friend.

“Dude, what do you think you’re doing?” Kyle asked him, taking the precious item out of his dangerous hands. “Just because you’re angry at Mr. Wethers for taking on this trip does not mean you need to destroy the product that has been a god-send to this dreadful Earth. We’ll get back in time for the party. You arranged it for nine o’clock and this thing ends at seven. We’ll have plenty of time. Plus, do you really think anyone is going to notice our day when they’re completely drunk on booze and feeling up anything with a pulse? No.”

“He’s done it on purpose. I know it. I bet he read one of the party invites and decided to strike again. I hate him so much.” Jason replied, his teeth grating in his anger, fists clenched and white at the knuckles. “He’ll probably call the cops on us too. Just to ruin all our fun. I can see it on his smug, little face. Give me a bird, Kyle, I’ll launch it at his pig nose and this level I’ll definitely win.”

His best friend just laughed however, while also rolling his eyes. “You are so high-strung. I haven’t seen you like this before. Not even when you were forced to go to that dinner with your rich parents and they asked you to bring that girl you were dating at the time. What’s up?”

“I don’t know.” Jason replied, easing slightly in his posture, relaxing more so at the ability to be able to finally talk about it. “I’ve just had this really bad feeling all week that something bad is going to happen. I don’t know if it’s going to be about this party, this trip today or something coming. But it feels like accidentally kissing Rachel Snoob all over again.”

Kyle burst out laughing, “Rachel Snoob? Good god man, you are so screwed if it feels like that.”

“I know.” He groaned, slouching back into the bus chair. “And after that, she wouldn’t leave me alone for a whole month. Better be a bloody good reason if I have to remember her… Ugh, finally we’re here. I literally thought that this ride would take all day.”

“All right, students!” Mr. Wethers called out to the students of the bus, standing up into the aisle as the bus pulled to a stop in front of the Kings Strait Science Institution car park. “The institution has a café open to the public on the left side of the building. We’ll be meeting our tour guide there in fifteen minutes. Do not assume to run off now that we have arrived. Or you will find that your time in my class will be suffered."

Hands clasped around a pleasantly hot ceramic mug, graceful wisps of steam emitting from the hazel liquid inside. The object was gently pushed into his chest by a certain brunet, who would return to his seat moments later after the container was securely grasped. The guest's hand reached out towards the coffee table close by, grabbing the handle of the mug that was provided for him. Bringing the item up to his lips, he took a sip of the liquid, which only resulting in scalding his tongue. Making a small wincing sound, he placed the cup back to it's original place, before turning his attention to Ivan. "So. Why did you call me over?" The male who would go by the name of "Alfred", asked.

Leaning back against the side of the considerably large window sill, he allowed a breathy sigh to exit his lips. He shifted around in the space he was in, moving into a position where his knees were brought up and his feet pressed against the opposite side. Both of his clothed hands were around the heated object, allowing him to enjoy the calming warmth of freshly brewed tea. As he couldn't care about how he looked currently, Ivan donned a black, over-sized sweater, dark trousers and grey socks. Alfred, on the other hand, sported a simple moss green hoodie, a stormy grey shirt, equally as dark trousers and azure socks.

"The nightmares are back. And they're even worse than before." Ivan answered, moving the bridge of the cup to his lips once they shut. Even without the aid of his hands, he could feel the streaks of dried tears upon his cheeks. "...What happened, Ivan? You were faring so well. Did you have a break-down last night?" Alfred questioned, bright aqua eyes set upon the man who sat a small distance from him. Worry had immediately set in his chest as he processed the other's words.

"No...But I felt like something was going to happen. Like, to Ren." Ivan responded, somewhat blanking out his close friend's first question. Before Alfred had the moment to speak up, the raven parted his lips. "I sprinted home the moment I got changed. I almost got ran over." He continued, scenes of himself scampering up the flights of stairs that lead to his apartment, replaying in his mind as he spoke. "I was so terrified, Al. That was scariest night of my life...Apart from that time..." Ivan added, ignoring the fact that his hands had begun to tremble as they gripped onto the filled object. "When I finally got inside, it's turns out Ren was perfectly fine. But even after seeing that, I still couldn't calm down." He finished, deciding to place the cup onto his lap so it wouldn't spill.

A couple of seconds would past before the male would finally speak again. "I'm guessing those sudden emotions must have triggered the nightmares. Though, the thing that confuses me the most is; what caused those feelings?" Alfred stated, sympathy clear in his gaze as he watched the other's movements.

"I...don't know. I just do not know, Al."

Danni held a wooden spoon between her teeth, while mixing up her famous cupcakes' batter. Every so often, she would look around at her employees and make sure no one was aware of her splattering massive amounts of batter onto the black granite counter in the back of her cafe. Her hands were shaking and she could barely think straight. 'Why..? I haven't been an insomniac since... Then.. Why now..?' She thought to herself, stopping what she was doing before she dropped the bowl.

Something wasn't right. She could feel it in the air and she didn't see why the nightmares were coming back. They tourtured her, and she wanted them to be gone, she wanted to have someone to talk about them with her. She didn't want to be alone. But to trust someone meant she might get hurt, again. And she couldn't do that again. Too many times she had had to deal with funeral services, and she never wanted to see a dead body again.

'Oh gods..' She thought, jumping back as the bowl went crashing to the ground. Everyone turned, but she did not see it. Tears filled her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away, picking up the glass pieces. She sucked in a breath as she felt the broken shard pierce her skin and watched, mesmerized as the blood dripped to the floor in large drops.

Dr. Grace Faulkener wrapped her hands around her travel worthy cup of tea, phone buzzing on the table in front of her as her adopted sister desperately tried to contact her at any chance. She, however, simply tried her best to ignore it, a small smile on her lips as she shook her head in mock annoyance. 32 missed calls, 54 unread texts, 22 e-mails. It wasn't an emergency. She was certain about it by the time that she read the first text. It was something much worse, something that Grace wasn't prepared to go through again. Her lovely, beautiful sister wanted to dump off her squalling, biting, rude children at her house for only god knew how long. She had agreed to it once, and a month later had almost thrown her nieces and nephews into the car to drive them back to their parents. Never again.

Her phone shook the table again and Grace finally decided to answer her, putting on a purposefully deep voice to trick her sister into believing she was someone that she wasn't. "Woman, get off my bloody phone! I don't care a damn about your horrible little kids. I don't know who on earth you are, but if you call my phone again, I swear I will call the police!" Alice hung up immediately and for a moment, all she received was e-mails. Until eventually that stopped too, as her sister's doubts began to set in. Grace laughed, and tucked her phone away, relishing in the glorious feeling of victory. It was a pleasant respite from all of her current dead ends at work.

The bell to the institution's cafe tingled as the door was opened by a rather small group of university students majoring in science. She smiled and stood up, gathering her possessions into her bag and stepping forward to greet them. "Mr. Wethers? Pleasure to meet you. I'm Dr. Faulkener from KSSI. I think we've talked on the phone? I'll be leading this tour guide today." She watched as the beady eyed man with the rat-like facial features, sized her up and evaluated her before he nodded, wringing his small, hairy hands together. Grace turned to the rest of the group without another word.

"Good morning, students. I'm so glad that you've come today to the institution. I am sure that I will try to make this a fun time." She told them with a tinkling laugh, before raising her voice to the rest of the cafe. "The tour of KSSI will be starting in fifteen minutes and is open to the public as well. If you would like to grab a quick drink or some food beforehand, I advise it. There will be no food or drinks allowed in the institution when we enter. Thank you for your time."

Jason laughed at the stricken look on Mr. Wethers face when the horrible man realized his mistake, and slunk towards a corner of the cafe, sitting down. There had been an express statement on the letter that there would be no way to buy anything on the excursion. He had even reinforced it in every class leading to, and even on the bus that morning. Jason was currently finding himself lucky for believing spite a good retaliation at the teacher. He had brought his wallet anyway. Along with most of the class.

The line grew quickly to ordering at the cafe, where the cashiers began to grow a little flustered with all of the new business. Jason and Kyle stood towards the middle of the queue, mucking around and pushing each other, pretending that it was other people when Jason sat down suddenly on the nearest chair, hand raised up to his eyes. It wasn't anything painful, he didn't feel dizzy, and he wasn't feeling sick. It was just...

"'Jason? You okay, man?" Kyle asked, frowning slightly.

"Yeah, yeah, of course. It just feels like I have something in my eye is all. Not painful, just goddamn annoying." Jason replied with a grin, waving off his friend's concerns. He rubbed his eye for a moment, before the itch disappeared entirely to be replaced by a sort of clarity in his eyesight and his mind. It wasn't as though everything was brighter or clearer, he just felt a sense of enlightenment. Blinking, he rubbed his eyes again and then stood up. It was nothing, he was just being ridiculous. And out of his peripheral vision, he saw the flash of a midnight red ballgown outside the of the cafe's windows. Yet, when he checked, there was nothing there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back