Anubis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathkitten

I am the Deathkitten! Fear me!
SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines

aeVhgez.jpg

Adria took a deep breath and gave the students a friendly smile as she waited for her assigned students to line up next to her. She was holding up a sign which listed her student's names as well as the name of her class - Other Magic. This year she was assigned with the task of teaching magic students who's type of magic didn't exactly fit into the traditional groupings, such as arcane and divine. She was dressed rather professionally, wearing a black sleeveless turtleneck sweater, black office slacks and black pumps while her hair was tied up in a bun.

She wondered how many of her new students would recognize her as Entropy's daughter. She didn't talk about it much but there was always at least one kid who knew who she was and she'd have that awkward conversation with her students who would ask her about her life with him. It happened at least once a year, it was inevitable. For now though, she was just going to try to get through the first day and show the kids around the school. Once she noticed a large amount of her kids lined up in front of her she'd clear her throat and began to speak:

"Welcome everyone, I'm Professor Bennett, I'll be your teacher for this year. Welcome to Astrella's Boarding School for the Powered. Like the headmistress said, I will be showing you to your classroom as well as some of our facilities on the way. At our classroom, I'll be going over rules and regulations for our class as well as what I expect out of you, and we'll also talk and get to know each other. Does anyone have any questions before we go?"

~Taylor~
At Astrella's dismissal, the hoard of students started moving in different directions. Squinting and standing on his tip-toes, Taylor scanned the teachers until he found a neatly dressed woman holding up a sign with his name on it. Making his way over, he felt disappointed when he realized that Fay and Kaleb's names weren't on the sign. That meant that they wouldn't be in his group. Oh well, shouldn't be too hard to make more friends. Wanting to make a good first impression, he had made sure to dress up. A tuxedo seemed too much, but it was the only fine, masculine outfit he had. As a result, he ended up wearing a cute little summer dress. In all honesty, he didn't care that he looked like a girl with makeup and a dress on; mainly because he didn't give a shit. It also helped to weed out the assholes who creep on girls. Taylor shuddered lightly. Gross.

Finally reaching the teacher, he glanced at the names. He didn't recognize any of them, but surely some of them must of been in the exam with him? As more students gathered around, Taylor felt his heart stutter when a familiar figure joined. Oh HELL no. That same student who had watched their peers die during the simulation was now in the same group as the blond. I thought that Lu-Dao guy was supposed to take delinquent students. Feeling dread damper his mood, he narrowed his eyes at them. Or are they not registered as a delinquent? If that was the case, then Taylor would have to keep on eye on that kid. He did not want to get stabbed in the back; literally or metaphorically. Cautiously turning his attention back to the teacher, he felt a spark a familiarity flash through his mind at her appearance too. Maybe she's a famous hero? Honestly, with all of the pictures and new reports his brother has shown him over the years all of the heroes have kind of blended together. He wouldn't be surprised if this school employed high ranking heroes to teach students. Smoothing out his dress, he listened carefully to what she was saying. Although the orientation test was long over, he was still slightly suspicious that another surprise attack might be thrown at them; he definitely wouldn't be caught off guard this time.

As soon as the teacher finished, Taylor raised his hand. "Excuse me, are you our only teacher or are there going to be other people teaching different things as well?" As an afterthought, he added, "Also, are we going to interact with the other students from the other classes at any point? Or only when we're out of class?" He really wanted to meet the other students. Not to mention, there was that 'Sudo' person from orientation. Taylor was hoping to run into them at some point; at the very least he could have a name to the face.

Last edited:
Mary.%28Ib%29.600.1340881.jpg
Runa Winterfield
Hallway

She was nervous. The same feeling she felt during the examination came back to her during her first day. Guyle didn't seem to be in the same class as her, so she needed to start anew and look for new friends. Clutching Stravius tightly in her hands, Runa moved toward her teacher, humming The Mulberry Bush under her breath. Her humming made people drift aside unconsciously, letting hero walk without being pushed or bumped around through the crowd.

Her first impression of Professor Bennet was positive. She liked her smile and how she addressed them in a friendly manner. Maybe the class wouldn't be as difficult as she thought it would be. A student asked whether they would meet another teacher or student from another class. That was a good question.

She hadn't had the time to give Guyle the song she promised him to.

Joff gave very few shits.

He had passed the exam, barely, but that was as he had planned.

Although his appearance was much altered since his last time with James Greenman, he knew, since he essentially worked by stealing James' C A L Ming powers, that he would have to lay low.

He had chucked some chair legs at Entropy, sent a C A L M (only James' commands are greentext, Joff works by redirecting and refracting mental commands essentially) command Entropy's way a few times [diverted by a wayward table and some pesky sunflowers], and had walked away with a 60/100.

Going to the first day at the school wasn't as bad as he had imagined it would be. His hair was now cropped to a pixie cut, which was drawn up and back, staying in place by the sheer ammount of curl he had to his hair. He had also grown about a foot-and-a-half during his six month stint in the institution, and the weight he had carried throughout childhood had melted into nothingness.

He was neigh unrecognizable, and he was less than a football field's length away from Jimmy, which gave his mental refraction a keen edge he had not honed since they were last together. He glanced around, watching the other students and teachers during the orientation, and had spotted the one he had to report to fairly quickly, but stayed back until more had joined them.

A lovely young woman in a sundress addressed their guide, whilst another with a rather aged looking instrument joined the group.

"Excuse me, are you our only teacher or are there going to be other people teaching different things as well?" The young woman asked, and almost as an afterthought, she added, "Also, are we going to interact with the other students from the other classes at any point? Or only when we're out of class?"

Joff's ears perked up at this, and he made his way over. He had need to stay as close as he could to James Greenman, at least until he learnt to refract the powers of others.

He said nothing, but nodded slightly when the teacher looked his way.

En Valkyrie II --1st V.s 2nd, Deal with the Devil?--

Two months seeming more like two minutes came to pass as En's body stood half-dead in the line organized by his new teacher. It was completely still at the back whilst the souls dwelling within were having a scrap. Clearly none of the Ens cared about what the principal herself had to say much less anything going on in the outside world as they confronted each other.

You're quite courageous to step up to your grand elder young one, care to share the medicine that enhanced that spine of yours? Enough with the sarcasm, we both are on level grounds and since those truths you shared and those events that came about there's no point in fighting over my body.

Purple eyes made themselves known as En the 2nd stood his ground. He had nothing to fear when it came to the man inside his body as he knew that his ancestor genuinely cared about his family lines, and despite the cruel takeover performed by the elder he wasn't hurt in anyway. Not to mention if he really didn't care about the house of Valkyrie why make it in the first place. En the 1st snapped his fingers as the two were now in the living room of his home, though they shared similar appearances as he couldn't remember what he looked like back then. The older man sat before the younger, legs crossed and hands resting upon them with fingers interlocked, he smiled slightly at his successor as the mental image was perfect.

En the 2nd glared into the glowing eyes of his ancestor, his grip on the couch arms tearing over-expensive fabric. He was hellbent on his decision. He didn't care about invisible repercussions or hidden consequences as despite their opposing paths they wanted the same thing.

Then what do you propose child? En the 1st pointed the four fingers of his palm flatly at him.

I think we should take turns using the body.

The Elder's hand fell dramatically into his lap as his head swayed millimeters to the left in loss. Was that not the lay of the land since the time I fought your father?

I didn't interact with you directly until the mind-hijacking ceremony remember? Then in contempt and worry of how easily our minds were accessed you just yanked my body from right under me like our positions were reversed. In short, body snatching doesn't count.

With a delayed "Ah, right." the ancestor watched as the youth walked towards him and extended his hand.

From one En Valkyrie to another, how about we work on the terms of the deal later and just shake on the agreement now?

En the 1st was heart to heart with his descendant and told him how fractured his soul was due to time and the branching of his family line. He told him how flawed his memory was, and that their shared destiny was originally just a gateway connection
for whatever was left of him to enter his body. He already compromised himself be explaining that his body was supposed to be a vessel for him to return to the world..... They had a long conversation in that 2 month old passage of time and with that all in mind the two spirits made their unfinished pact.

Rushing back to world on the outside he blinked a few times before looking down at his hands and feet, then all around him. Looked like nothing changed since they arrived. Back in control and completely free from his ancestor's influence he strolled behind the three students that were interacting with the lady holding the sign which--had his name among many others written on it. She was most-likely the teacher responsible for him, which meant he really didn't miss anything at all. Nice.

Adria brought her attention to Taylor as he asked his questions. "I will be your primary teacher, but there will be times where you'll be taught by other teachers as well as outside guest speakers. And yes, there may be times where we interact with other students from different classes. I want you all to learn how to fight an assortment of powered people. In the real world, you will be going up against villains who all have different and unique fighting styles from each other, by the time you graduate from here my expectation is for you all to know how to fight each kind of villain from magic users to those with super strength and you won't learn how to if you just duel people from your class."

Adria nodded thoughtfully. "My goal in teaching is to make sure you survive and make the right choices. Because one wrong move can lead you into the dust..." Adria frowned slightly. "But um.. anyways, are you all ready for the tour?" Adria began counting out her students mentally to make sure all the students she was responsible for were in line.

Runa Winterfield
Hallway

Her eyes shone when Professor Bennet mentioned they would meet other students as well. She hadn't really thought about being a superhero; It sounded like a dangerous job. But she wanted to help people like what she did in her village. Although they hadn't met much threat in the recent years, she had heard the story of a runaway villain that escaped into their village to hide. Her mother had restrained him in the pasture among the flock of sheeps, or so she was told by everyone.

No, Runa didn't necessarily want to be a hero. Protecting everyone was too much a burden for her to think about! But she wanted to be strong enough to be able to protect what she cared about.

With that conviction in mind, she answered Professor Bennet's question enthuastically among the chorus of the students.

"Yes!"

Joff was satisfied. He now knew that he wouldn't be seperated from James by any great distances and it sounded as though the classes would move around based on need. This would give him good practice at refining his mental refraction at fluctuating distances.

He was beyond starving, however, and nodded perhaps a bit too enthusiastically when asked if they were ready for the tour, chiming in a "Yes" to go along with the girls'.

~Taylor~
With an enthusiastic, "Yes!" Taylor let a smile bloom on his face. Looks like they'll be getting a chance to interact with the other students after all. Although, the teacher's comment about being led into dust made Taylor feel unsettled; if only for a moment. He did not want to relive the orientation exam with the Fake Entropy. Speaking of orientation, the blond glanced over at the one student he recognized from the test. (( Astralworks Astralworks )) The possible delinquent student was the only one who hadn't answered the teacher yet. Maybe they don't like talking? Well, an antisocial dick was better than a charismatic one. At least they wouldn't be able to fool people.

Taking a moment to look at the teacher's sign again, Taylor frowned. Not everyone was here yet. Hopefully they wouldn't have to wait for them. As of now, the two other students didn't seem that bad. The blonde girl seemed nice enough. Definitely excited to start the tour. The other guy seemed a bit harder to read, but Taylor was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Returning his attention to the teacher, Taylor waited for her next words.

(( Damafaud Damafaud Kyrenka Kyrenka YffreJephre YffreJephre Astralworks Astralworks Hey! Wanted to let you guys know that I am going to be taking over this thread for the time being, as Sapphire quit the RP. I will post as her teacher until I have a good way of changing it to another teacher character. Thank you guys so much for your patience in this! I'll post soon. :) ))

~Adria Bennett~​
Once everyone had gathered, Adria turned and walked backwards as a tour guide would, making certain her students would all be in the group as they should be. Fifteen students, the normal number as far as this school was concerned. It was far smaller than the forty or thirty students that most schools had in major cities, and generally the students were better off for it. On top of that, having too many powerful kids in one group was just asking for disaster.

She had been told to keep an eye on one child in particular, who had had concerning results in the orientation exam. He'd not really done anything, and seemed in a blissful trance during the whole thing. Adria had watched the replay of the fight a number of times, which was hardly pleasant given that she had to watch her father get beaten or attempt to get beaten over and over again. Still, she needed to. She was trying to get a grasp on who did what and what she could expect from each of them. Every single time, the reaction of En worried her. It seemed so unnatural.

Now was the time to talk, though, to explain the school and show these students what they had to look forward to. They'd only see a few of the amenities on the way to the classes, but it was fun nonetheless. Another teacher, Lu-Dao, split off with his group from the larger set of teachers and students that were heading into the school. She motioned in the direction that his class had headed, "Over that way, just through the doors, is the Dojo. We call it that to make it sound a bit more professional, though it's in reality a matted room. It's a very nice matted room, however, and we will probably spend at least some time in that room. In particular, we will be using that room when we focus on how to defend yourself from various weaponry, how to turn it on your opponent, stuff like that."

She continued further into the school building, trying to separate her group off from the others. "There are a number of other amenities on campus that we can check out once we've had a chance to sit and talk in the classroom. It's probably most important that you guys know where that is, after all," she said, smiling a bit, "There's a theatre, an observatory, a temple, two gyms, an outdoor field, and a lot more random but very useful stuff that you all have access to. If you want to be in the Theatre Group, you can do that. If you want to spend time looking at the stars, then by all means spend your off time doing so. There are lots of options so that you all can have more opportunity and become more well-rounded."

They made it to the classroom, which was on the first floor. She motioned up to the sign, "MO-104. Please make sure that you guys remember this number so you don't get confused later on." With that, Adria opened the door and motioned for the kids to walk in. There were fifteen chairs in a semi-circle and one chair that was clearly the teacher's, each of them on rollers so they could easily be moved about. Bookshelves lined the walls, filled to the brim with foreign knowledge.

Adria sat in the teacher's chair and crossed one leg over the other, resting her hands on her knee, "Alright. Now then. Before I get into what this school is about and start to bore you all, do any of you have any questions for me?" She was prepared for possible questions about her ancestry or her books, both of which were well known and periodically made their way back into the news.

(( Damafaud Damafaud Kyrenka Kyrenka YffreJephre YffreJephre Astralworks Astralworks Hopefully this is as good as what Sapphire was doing! Enjoy!))

Runa Winterfield
Classroom M0-104
Deathkitten Deathkitten

The academy is so big! That was the first line that went through her mind. She had taken a while to absorb all she had been told and observed as she sat on the roller chair. The tip of her shoes barely touched the floor, allowing her to swing her legs back and forth freely. She smiled slightly from this childish source of delight. For a moment, she curiously looked around the room.

Everyone was so different.

Granted, her group was supposed to be the most diverse class, but unlike the cyborg class that was all robot or arcane class which was all wizards, her classmates seemed to possess a wide variety of magic. Runa curled her lips, pondering this question for a moment. Unable to find an answer herself, she raised her hand.

"What are we learning here?" she asked curiously. "Doesn't everyone here have many different powers? As many as animals in Old McDonald's farm," she said Old McDonald's farm in a singsong tune.

Runa almost burst into the full song, but she restrained herself. Suddenly singing out of nowhere was unacceptable, even back in her village. Besides, as someone who cast magic through songs, she needed to be careful with what she sang, lest she might summon cows, pigs, and other animals after she sang Old McDonald's Farm....

~Taylor~
Taylor followed Ms. Bennett obediently. Looks like everyone’s finally here. As they made their way through the halls, the teacher pointed towards the dojo and rattled off a few more locations that students could use. Although, the blond got the feeling that using the dojo wouldn’t be optional. None of the facilities really stood out to Taylor, but the temple seemed a little strange. Is it just dedicated to one deity or can anyone go there? Of course he knew that some of the students had divine powers, but having various deities represented at one temple struck him as odd. He eventually just shrugged it off. Not like it matters to me. With that, they arrived at a classroom labeled MO-104. Taylor took his phone out and snapped a picture of the sign. Having a picture was much easier than trying to commit the room number to mind.

As his fellow students filed into the room, Taylor quickly claimed one of the desks as his own. His feet were killing him. That’s what I get for wearing heels. Settling in, he glanced around the room. He was surprised by the amount of books. The room looked more like a small library than a classroom. Please don’t tell me that we have to read them all. Maybe he should talk to the teacher afterwards for accommodations since he never went to school before. He wasn’t dumb, it was just that he didn’t know where he placed as far as the regular learning curve for people his age went. The last thing he wanted was to fail out of Super School because he didn’t know the difference between research paper formats.

One of his classmates sat down in a chair as well. She seemed excited as she asked the teacher a question in a melodious way. Taylor couldn’t help the little smile that formed on his face. What a cutie! At least one of his classmates seemed nice. It was too early to tell what the other guy in his class was like, but Taylor was hoping that he would be a trustworthy guy too. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind his ear, the blond waited for the others to say something. His questions had been answered before, but he was curious as to what the other students would ask and the teacher’s response.

YffreJephre YffreJephre Deathkitten Deathkitten Damafaud Damafaud Astralworks Astralworks

Last edited:
Joff allowed himself to be led hereabouts, and also allowed his mind to wander along with what the teacher was saying.

He liked doing this. During his early years, when he was too C A L M E D to do anything whatsoever, he would often be led around on autopilot. Now that he was free thinking again, it was a useful talent he often utilized.

Theater. Now, that may be a very good cover indeed. He had never been outgoing as a small chubby child, and his nerves would have frozen him had he appeared on stage before the incident. But now? He could use the practice, showing emotions he really didn't feel any need to express.

As they sat down and the teacher finished by asking if they had any questions, Joff raised his head and looked about. He couldn't exactly read minds, or tell what someone's powers were, but he for sure felt a slight change in the magical forces around the small singsong girl as she sang her question. That interested him. he hadn't really been around anyone with powers other than James since the incident occurred. He wondered if he would be able to siphon the powers off of anybody else in the future, after some training.

"Do we have an active theater class? Or a production the school puts on?" He asked, feigning the enthusiasm such a question might elicit, but it never really touched his face, and none of it so much as brushed his eyes.

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
Just a friendly hello. :angel:
me
Funny, I don't consider being put under and mind fucked a friendly hello.
me
How'd you even get this number?
them
Dude, chill a bit. I'm a tech student. I'm good at numbers. I figured I'd say hi, and I have zilch to do with the mindfuckery. That's the school's f'd up way of testing.
them
Two months without a reply. I'm hurt.
them
Enjoying the tour?
(( Kyrenka Kyrenka ))

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
them
2 months not a single response. You there, freshie? Aren't you all having tours right now?
(( Astralworks Astralworks ))

~Taylor~
The other student that was in Taylor's group sat down and asked, "Do we have an active theater class? Or a production the school puts on?" While theater did seem somewhat appealing, the boy's expression didn't match the enthusiasm in his voice. He obviously didn't have any interest in joining, but seemed determined to do it anyways. Don't force yourself into something you don't want to do. Just then, his phone vibrated. Excited, Taylor almost brought it out. Maybe it's a text from home! He hadn't been gone for long but he already missed his brother. Kid is too cute for his own good. Stealthily, Taylor removed his cell from his dress's pocket halfway. He wasn't sure if they'd confiscate his cell on the first day, but he wasn't about to take that chance. He warily kept the teacher in his peripheral while he unlocked his cell and opened the new messages. Taylor's excitement was quickly replaced by disappointment when he realized that it wasn't his brother.

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
me
me
them
Dude, chill a bit. I'm a tech student. I'm good at numbers. I figured I'd say hi, and I have zilch to do with the mindfuckery. That's the school's f'd up way of testing.
them
them
Enjoying the tour?

Ugh, seriously? This guy is going to get me in trouble. Well, he did want to find out who the hell this person was.

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
me
me
them
them
them
Enjoying the tour?
me
Don't blame me, communication is a two-way street. Besides, I got better things to do then cater to you and your fragile fucking feelings. Like figuring out which outfits I wanted to pack. :hornstongue;
me
I'm also going to assume that you can't actually see the tour and that you just know from past experience. Because I'm pretty sure that following us around and watching what we're doing is stalking. But yes I'm having fun thanks for asking.
me
So are you going to actually introduce yourself or am I going to have to hunt for your little candy ass?
me
Spoiler: I won't be gentle. :lenny:

Taylor locked his cell and stuffed it back into his pocket before he could get yelled at. He didn't know much about the rules but most schools seemed to be strict about cell phone use. Sudo, if that was even their real name, might turn out to be another friend. While their timing was annoying, they didn't seem half-bad. Aside from that, they were most likely a student who had been here before him. At the very least, Taylor could use them for information about Astrella's. Tapping his fingers on the desk, he eagerly waited for the teacher to answer the questions and move on. He really wanted to unpack and settle into his room properly.

(( Deathkitten Deathkitten YffreJephre YffreJephre ))

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school. Just a friendly hello. :angel:
them
I'm messaging a whole bunch of new students to say hi while you guys are on your tour.
(( Damafaud Damafaud ))

En Valkyrie II --Orientation, First Step--

The information given to the students by the lady before them answered all of En's possible future questions as she mentioned what they would be doing and the purpose of each task. This reminded him of home, and due to how similar both educational systems were he couldn't help but faintly smile. This was good; the fears of having no outside experience besides those jogs in New Orleans were kicking themselves upside the head. Plus if he was in need of anything he could just ask those who taught the ones before him as that was a part of their job anyways. En stood awkwardly in the center of cheerful students as they all basically sang 'Yes!' to their teacher.

To avoid sticking up any longer the group was off; the teacher doing her own thing to get them around privately while talking about the various areas in the school. En silently moved at the back of the pack as his eyes followed the group headed for the Dojo, he invested his thoughts in it as in a sense he trained for these future moments. En slowed his pace as his jeans pocket vibrated madly. Apparently a strange number had contacted him, and being new to the whole cellphone thing he decided to message them back despite the unfamiliar name.

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
Just a friendly hello.:angel:
them
2 months not a single response. You there, freshie? Aren't you all having tours right now?
me
Thanks, glad to be here. Are you one of my seniors? If so, mind telling me exactly how you got my number and why you so foolishly risk your thin cotton thread of a life to contact me? ^_^

Following deeper into territory En blackened the phone's screen with a button touch before giving the sign his teacher brought to everyone's attention a glance. This was the name of their classroom where he assumed they would be a majority of their time here. Without pause she allowed them entry, and the students all comfortably meshed into the semi-circle of seats. Meanwhile, En walked slowly around everyone, taking a peek at the large book collection; he was genuinely amazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back