• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Additional Block Type

Fukushima Akira

オーダーののサンクタム & RPN's Resident Suit Gang Leader
Hey there, I'm here to suggest an extra block type.

I was thinking (Or hoping) that you could possibly add in an "Infraction" block type. This could be used by RP creators (And their mods, as in my case) in response to Roleplay posts that come close to, or end up breaking one of the RP's or RPN's rules. This could also be helpful for the mods, as it would allow the RP owner/RP mods to warn the RPer in question that they're coming close to/breaking the rules set in place by themselves or RPN's staff, without the site's mods themselves having to send a message. Of course, repeated offences against the site's rules will require the moderator to warn/ban the RPer.

You could also include a "Tag: @InsertGenreModHere" so that the RP owner can tag the genre's moderator. This'd mean the mod could quickly and effectively see that one of the RPer's has had an infraction from the RP owner about breaches of the site's rules previously, and if they make a repeated breach, the mod can take appropriate action to punish the offender.

This'd also mean that less Roleplays are closed due to the inappropriate actions of one RPer, as the mods would be able to see exactly which RPers are breaking the rules.

What do you think? Would this be possible to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting idea, but most warnings and mod business is conducted in private to ensure the privacy of all players involved. I'm still strongly of the belief that the 'report' button is the best course of action. I'd imagine that any public forum of 'user moderation/warning' would cause a lot of arguments between players. When in doubt, just forward concerns to a moderator or administrator.

Mordecai said:
Interesting idea, but most warnings and mod business is conducted in private to ensure the privacy of all players involved. I'm still strongly of the belief that the 'report' button is the best course of action. I'd imagine that any public forum of 'user moderation/warning' would cause a lot of arguments between players. When in doubt, just forward concerns to a moderator or administrator.
Ah, okay. Honestly, I didn't notice the 'report' button on posts, I'm usually focused on the ratings and writing xD

Anyway, thanks for the reply :D !

Morde is, as always, right!

To expand a little: A PM between those involved suffices for issues that fall under the GM's purview, such as not meeting minimum requirements of the RP, being inconsistent with the setting, having an abrasive personality, etc. If you prefer to use a block BBCode for these kinds of communications, you certainly may! There are several fitting ones, such a Warning or Announcement and so on. These things should not be reported.

Actual infractions, such as refusing to drop a behavior or subject after being asked, repeatedly making unkind comments towards other players in out-of-character chat, continuing to post after being dropped from the roleplay, completely breaching some other official site rule, and so on, should be reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anomaly said:
Morde is, as always, right!
To expand a little: A PM between those involved suffices for issues that fall under the GM's purview, such as not meeting minimum requirements of the RP, being inconsistent with the setting, having an abrasive personality, etc. If you prefer to use a block BBCode for these kinds of communications, you certainly may! There are several fitting ones, such a Warning or Announcement and so on. These things should not be reported.

Actual infractions, such as refusing to drop a behavior or subject after being asked, repeatedly making unkind comments towards other players in out-of-character chat, continuing to post after being dropped from the roleplay, completely breaching some other official site rule, and so on, should be reported.
Ah, okay :D Thanks for letting me know :}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back