Story adam and eve 2.0

nymphadora.

𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙨𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙬𝙗𝙤𝙮.
this is for an upcoming writing competition that i'm planning to enter but i thought i should share here. this is in no way making fun of religion, i'm just putting a twist on it.

tumblr_oywyq8Pb6c1sl0o1io8_250.png
tumblr_oywyq8Pb6c1sl0o1io7_250.png
tumblr_oywyq8Pb6c1sl0o1io6_250.png

The last man on Earth sat alone in his room, the silence surrounding him entirely. He was going to do it; he was reaching his twenty-fifth birthday, and there was no reason to celebrate it. The man had already had his zombie-hero fantasy of fighting zombies as a teenager, but the cost of it wasn’t worth it. The knife covered in the blood of old friends and zombies, sat idly in front of him, teasing him to end it all. As his hand slowly inched towards the knife, he heard a knock on the door. The man perked up, his face contorted in a confused look as his soft, green eyes studied the door.

He waited for a few moments in silence, hoping that his mind wasn’t playing cruel tricks on him and that the thing, whatever it was, would knock again. His world of isolation was silent once more. With an exasperated sigh, the man picked up the knife, bringing it closer and closer to him when a loud bang interrupted him.

The man watched with fear as the door flew off its hinges and across the room, revealing an elegantly dressed couple with a poorly tied unconscious woman levitating just above the ground in the middle of them with the man dusting herself off. The first man was dressed in a dazzling tailored suit with intricate black patterns, and his eyes were a fiery red with an underlying shade of evil. The most noticeable feature of the man, besides his dashing looks, was the two small horns sticking out of his forehead. The other man, however, was the complete opposite. He was lanky in body figure yet nearly towered at 6’5’’, dressed in white with gold lining decorating his suit which fit him like a second skin. His blonde hair was slicked black, making him look like he came out of a fancy gala instead of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. On his back, folded bird-like wings sat there, dragging the tips on the ground. The two men looked no older than thirty, yet their eyes spoke otherwise.

“Are you Noah?” The second man asked with a husky voice while the first man waltzed in, his shiny shoes clapping softly on the rickety wooden floor. The second man followed soon, placing the unconscious woman down on an empty chair in the corner of the room. “Of course he’s bloody Noah,” The first man piped up with annoyance, a posh English accent dripping from his words, “he is the last man on Earth!” The man pointed to him as he directed his harsh words to the other man.

Noah couldn’t believe what he saw unfold in front of him. He swiftly lunged for the knife and pointed it towards the couple, attempting to look threatening which didn’t seem to work. The first man laughed while the second man just sighed and ignored Noah.

“Who are you? Who’s that girl? What’s going on?” Noah rapidly yelled out his questions, his voice wavering with fear. His voice didn't sound familiar to Noah for not speak for so long.

“Calm down, don’t even bother with trying to stab us with your cute little knife.” The man dressed in black spoke with his hands waving at the knife in a condescending voice, “We’re immortal, kinda started this place, you might’ve heard of us?” His voice was relaxed as he smirked at the man.

Noah furrowed his eyebrows at them, who did they think they were?

A scoff escaped his lips, “What, are you God or something?” Noah sarcastically joked, keeping the knife in front of him.

The man smirked at Noah, stuffing his pockets while glancing towards his partner with a loving look, earning a slightly annoyed glance back, “This is no time for jokes; we have to fix this.”

“God, you never let me have fun.” The first man whined as he ripped off his black suit jacket and rolled up his white sleeves to his elbows.

“I’m Lucifer, otherwise known as Satan by your filthy race.” Lucifer introduced himself as the man continued to tend to the unconscious girl, earning a small snicker from the man, “That’s God, or Godfrey if you like, he preferred to sound almighty in the Bible.” Godfrey ignored Lucifer’s childish remark as he untied the last knot of the rope.

Noah struggled to understand what was happening as he slowly sat down and relaxed into the chair. Lucifer clicked his bony fingers as a bright red flame danced on his palm before forming into a glass of whiskey. “Have a drink; it’ll help, certainly does for me,” Lucifer handed the drink to Noah as he ran his fingers through his black hair.

“Maybe you should tell him what happened, Luci.” Godfrey murmured as his eyes glowed pure white, his hands waving over the woman who was still unconscious. “Right! That would be a good place to start!” Lucifer clapped his hands as a chair appeared behind the man. Lucifer sat down and began to speak, Noah leaned forwards as he sipped the whiskey from the glass.

“So, Godfrey over here messed up and ruined your life, and killed everyone,” Lucifer shrugged with an eerie gleam as Godfrey shot him a deathly glare, “He decided to get a little creative and mix the dead with the living which created the first zombie.”

“I wasn’t planning to release it onto Earth,” Godfrey interrupted before Lucifer waved him away, “Yes, yes, whatever and I wasn't planning to become the ruler of Hell, we don't get everything we want." Lucifer hissed, the sound of hurt weaved into his words before regaining his composure, "Basically to make a long story short, I ‘accidentally’ released the zombie because Godfrey was being a terrible friend, created the zombie outbreak, you got to live your weird zombie hero fantasy, became lonely, and now we’re going to do an ‘Adam and Eve 2.0’ as I like to call it with you being our darling Adam.”

Noah’s face was blank, his body was numb and in shock, his mind filled with questions and thoughts, his lips parted yet no words came out until he decided on one question.

"Wait, you two were together?" Noah asked, his index finger flicking between Godfrey and Lucifer.

Godfrey sighed while Lucifer beamed with pride while Noah sat in the middle of them with the look of a confused child. Lucifer relaxed into his chair as his arms crossed over his chest, "It's an on and off thing, and then Godfrey decided that the whole world should call me Satan, disgusting name in my opinion." Lucifer hissed as Godfrey chuckled.

"It is not important to the task, Luci and Noah, meet Eva." Godfrey stood up from his crouching position and dusted himself off. The woman’s body levitated off the chair and floated next to Godfrey, her dainty feet just touching the floor and her delicate face etched with a blank expression.

Noah studied the woman, her long brown hair cascading down to her hips in waves which framed her dark face. He couldn’t deny it; she was gorgeous to look at.

“Now,” Lucifer’s loud voice boomed, “since you two are both acquainted, Godfrey and I must be on our way and fix the Earth before we wipe your memory clean and start this all over again.”

“Wait!” Noah roared, his focus flickering towards Godfrey and Lucifer who were making their way towards the door, “can’t I keep my memory? Please?”

Godfrey sighed as he watched Lucifer wandered back inside, "Now why the hell would you want your memory back?" He inched closer and closer towards Noah, "You saw your friends and family die, your first love cheated on you and turned into a zombie for another undead guy, and you became the loneliest man in the world by your twenty-fifth birthday!" Lucifer waved his hands dramatically as he listed all the traumatic events in Noah's life, "the most exciting thing you've probably ever done is live out your weird zombie-hunter fantasy from when you were twelve." A look of disgust etched on Lucifer's face as Godfrey appeared next to him, a stern face as he watched the man bash the boy.

"Maybe you're right, Lucifer, maybe I shouldn't be able to remember all the good times that I had." Noah murmured as his voice was soft yet confident, "I want to remember the times I got stuck in trees and scratched myself or those time I failed my classes or even the time I got to find out that Satan was dating God." Noah shrugged towards Lucifer, hot tears forming in his eyes, earning him a small smile from the evil man.

"That's sweet, really is," Lucifer beamed, placing a hand on Noah's shoulder.

"So, does that mean I get to keep my memory?" He asked, hope glistening in his eyes.

A coy smirk formed on his lips as he spoke, "Sure!" Lucifer chuckled before dusting his shoulder off and walking back to Godfrey, "I'm not sure if it's possible, even for the Big Man himself but I'm sure he'll manage." Lucifer's voice lowered as he pointed towards Godfrey before cackling at his joke. Godfrey groaned as Lucifer blew a kiss towards him. "Anyway, we really must go. Don't screw it up!" Lucifer waved behind him, picking up the door and slamming it back into place before closing the door behind him.

"Did you have to do that to the poor boy, Luci?" Godfrey asked with a raised brow, his right hand stuffed in his pocket while the other snaked around Lucifer's waist.

"What? Did you not like me making you look all mighty and give him a false sense of hope about him keeping his memory?" Lucifer asked with a cheeky grin, his body inching closer towards Godfrey as they continued to walk, "It's wrong to mess with him like that."

Lucifer stopped in his tracks and turned to face Godfrey, his red eyes locking with Godfrey's soft blue eyes. "Shame he won't remember." He shrugged before locking his lips with his, the sound of Noah and Eva screaming in the distance echoed through his ears like a sweet, demonic symphony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back