• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ȶɦɛ ɦɛʀƈʊʟɛǟռ ȶʀɨǟʟֆ

lvcid

Elder Member

© weldherwings.

chapter one

the invitations

In more ways than one, the beginning of September meant a shift in seasons. The wind cooled as it blew across the sun-baked hills of Viridian Academy, a sign that colder weather was on the way as the first leaves started to brown. School had only been in session for a week now, and for most students, it was time to settle into routine, but for others, their lives were about to be forever changed, for better or worse.

Alongside the institute’s staff, the Order of Prometheus had been busy making preparations since Viridian’s doors opened to this year’s wave of peers. That seven-day span had been spent compiling a list of prospective new members, the chosen ones to take their place and continue on their twisted legacy once they moved past the Academy into the outside world, where they would inevitably be hit with the reality that their pious reputation was nothing more than delusion. For now, though, they reveled in it, that bit of power they’d forged and held onto with clenched fists.

The Order had worked silently, moving through the halls just before the earliest rays of light crept over the trees to Viridian’s eastern side. Invitations were stowed away to be found either with delight or bated breath by those they’d deemed worthy, and by nightfall, they’d discover who was truly willing to work toward their cause.

Fortunately, their hand-selected group held the promise of being one of their best yet: the head-strong daughter of Hades that is sure to be one of the Order’s greatest assets or biggest mistakes, if she even takes it upon herself to show up after she finds her invitation; the daughter of Aphrodite whose strength is overshadowed by her beauty for most, but the Order is perfectly willing to take advantage of it should she truly prove herself to be more than just a pretty face; and the roommates, one angelic, the other a dark temptress, but both of them a force to be reckoned with if they so choose, which proves to be an issue for the latter of the two, as she prefers to exert herself elsewhere. The Order of Prometheus has been hesitant to let the daughter of Dionysus in because of that very reason, but someone’s put their neck on the line for her, claiming that she’ll be of value to them if she’s only offered a chance, and that’s what the invitation wedged under the girls’ heart-shaped doormat is. It’s up to her now whether or not she proves them right, and the Goddess of Memory’s son had better hope she does, lest he face the wrath of his fellow Aegis-born.

keeruh keeruh Historia Calamatium Historia Calamatium celadon. celadon. anyasjoy anyasjoy lostbird lostbird Circe Circe opaline opaline

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

damiana.

The sound of crashing waves against the shore filled the otherwise still, salty air. Damiana knew this beach well—her mother had taken her there on one of the rare occasions a bonding attempt had been made. Of course, the woman had only wanted to gain Mia’s trust in order to ensure the girl would be more agreeable when she asked something from her later, but Damiana had liked it anyway, the temporary and willing ignorance to the building strife between them. This time was different, though.

Rays of sun heated Mia’s tanned skin, but a shadow fell over her spot, where she laid on a towel spread across the warm sand. Tipping her head back, she could see Keaton through the pink-tinted lenses of her sunglasses, his figure silhouetted in sunshine. He smiled, then leaned down, shaking out his wet hair onto Damiana.

“You’re such a pain in the ass,” Mia chided, swiping away droplets of water from her cheeks with manicured fingers.

“You love me anyway.” Keaton bent down, face close to Damiana’s.

“I think this is for you.”

“Mm?”

Those Keaton dreams had become increasingly frequent, and it was vaguely concerning.

Brown eyes fluttered open, traces of mascara smeared beneath them from the day before. Mia shifted in the pile of blankets on her bed, brushing aside a tangled strand of hair that had started to curl again, despite previous efforts to iron it straight. That same hand returned to shield her gaze from the sun that filtered in through the open curtains as she searched the room for Sera, who she was sure had been saying something just a moment ago.

Sera was already put-together for the day, ivory sweater hanging over a crisp, white button-down, a pair of platform boots poking out from beneath the hem of her jeans. Her makeup was done to effortless perfection, and not a single piece of her silky, blonde hair was out of place. The sight would’ve been infuriating if they weren’t such good friends.

Damiana groaned. “What?” she tried again.

The off-white envelopes in Sera’s grip came into focus as the girl extended them to the brunette, and an arm poked out from beneath the thick comforter to retrieve one, a questioning furrow wrinkling the skin between her brows as Mia picked at the golden seal on the back.

Only the smartest can find us,
The strongest survive,
But it’s those with both that make us thrive.

Where the clock strikes twelve,
So shall the hands of time point the way.

You know what to do.

Damiana’s eyes narrowed at the words scrawled in swirling ink on the thick paper, frown deepening. “Is this a joke?” she asked, an almost rhetorical question, as she doubted that Sera knew the answer. You know what to do—what the hell is that supposed to mean?”

If someone was practicing their poetry, they needed a bit more work before Mia would be even remotely impressed.

Damiana didn’t wait for an answer before she tossed the strange card to the side, having lost interest already as a more pressing matter came to mind. Reaching blindly toward her nightstand, she snatched her phone from the corner of its surface, tapping the screen to bring the device to life. Scrolling through a number of various notifications, her gaze looked only for one name, and when she came up empty, she flopped back onto the mattress, phone dropping from her grasp and landing precariously close to the edge of the bed.

“I think I’m gonna skip today,” the brunette announced, as if it was some newly-developed event and not one she had practiced regularly through the years.

cult of dionysus

the orion experience

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

keaton.

• mood

elated (he hasn't slept)

Keaton really was starting to hate this rooftop. Nothing good ever happened when he was up here even if he had done the summoning this time. The only positive thing about it besides the view was that it offered a small sort of privacy to have those tough conversations you didn't want other people hearing. Order members were particularly the prying types.

The sun had just dipped below the horizon bathing the sky in an assortment of purple and orange as he exhaled and the cloud of smoke dissipated with the summer breeze. Keaton normally would be in awe of the sight but not tonight. No tonight he wanted answers.

He felt her presence before he saw her as she appeared at his left hand side from out of thin air. He had a year of experience to know she enjoyed her theatrics as well as toying with him. It only enraged him further.

"You lied to me. I don't really like being lied to, you of all people should know that." Keaton muttered as he took another drag. "You told me if I did everything I was told you'd invite her this time. Well Nat guess who I just came from talking to?"

"Oh Keke you are so funny when you get all defiant you know that? If it wasn't so cute I would've thought you were challenging me." She placed a finger under his chin before taking the cigarette from him and taking a pull. "I made no such promise. I said I'll see what I could do if you behaved and staring daggers at me isn't behaving. Nor is summoning me as if I owe you an explanation."

"Look. If it makes you feel any better I made the recommendation but I guess most people aren't fans for one reason or another. And trust me when I say there are a lot of reasons. You can make that face all you want but you know it's true."

Keaton felt his face contort into a mask of annoyance. His "dedication" to the order had put such a strain on his friendship that he wasn't entirely sure it would ever be the same again. This was his best chance to remedy it and it was blown. What he needed now wasn't excuses or justifications. He needed a solution or he wasn't sure Mia would be speaking to him by the time they graduated.

"So what do you recommend I do?" He was desperate and she knew it. The look in her eyes was feral, hungry. It reminded him of a lion who finally captured that elusive gazelle.

"Oh my dear Keke, I was hoping you'd say that." The smile on her lips never reached her eyes. "We're just gonna have to make you aegis."

~~

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Keaton felt himself drawn to those words now more than ever as he strolled his way towards his destination. It had been less than three months since Nat had left and named him aegis-born in her place.

He vividly remembered the looks of confusion and envy and hate that came from the announcement. They did nothing but fuel the already insisted rumors about them but he didn't really care as the end result mattered more. Keaton smiled as he stuck the key in the lock to witness the fruits of his labor. If it wasn't here this time he'd invite her himself. Gods be damned.

"Is it me or have you gotten more pretty since the last time I saw you?" Keaton smirked as he addressed the first of the two roommates and the only one actually ready for the day.

His excitement was a result of a lack of sleep but also from the off white envelope he saw just poke out from under her bed as he entered the room. In a few hours they'd be able to go back to the way they were. No more lies. No more excuses. No more keeping secrets. The prospect gave him newfound energy he didn't know he had.

"It's a wonderful day today Mia. No time for sleeping. You're beautiful enough as is." Keaton said as he flopped down into the bed that held his best friend. "You weren't planning on skipping class again were you?" He chided as he poked her cheek. "I have a feeling today is going to be absolutely perfect for all of us."

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back