5 DB vs 6 Newbie Solars how much EXP for DBS?

psychoph

Background:

Game I am running has a set up DB's from one of the realm houses using a bandit group to assault Guild Caravans.  

I have 6 PCs all playing Solars 2 dawn and one of each other caste.  they have varying abilities with fighting and other such things and have generally followed the Arrianna Explains how not to die philosophy.

Problem:

I want the Solars to confront the 5 DB's and I want the 5 DB's to present a challenge to the Solars.  I am not sure if I care if the DB's live or die, a few living is never a bad thing as I can drag them back into the story later.

I have never made DB's before so I am asking for suggestions on power levels for them, maybe some good charms for each of the castes, and so on.  i was planning to have one of each and wanted to give them charms that they could use in unison to show the players that while DB's aren't as mighty they are still something to deal with in groups.

Side Note:

Before this battle takes place the PC's will have dealt with a small group of Fae, I am thinking one Fae Noble and maybe 2 commoners out on a hunt with the target being a Guild Caravan.  The Guild Caravan owner has suckered the Solars into guarding the caravan, not knowing they were Solars, for some amount a day, but he has also made them agree to pay 1/4th for price per day for each slave that is lost.  There are 100 slaves, the idea I had was that the group will probably end up owing the Guildsman money there bye he earns 3 times the profit by selling the slaves to the Nobles at a mark up because they will have a hunt, plus he duped the PC's into giving him money for losing the slaves.  The problem of course comes when the guards turn out to be Solars and the Fae promptly has a deadly fight on his hands.  I am assuming he escapes, maybe not the commoners with him, and decides to make the Solars, or one of the Solars a rival.

it will entirely depend cause for a certain level of XP you can have varying power levels

you're best looking at what your characters are capable of and statting accordingly

cause i can make a starting dragon blood that would kill my 100 xp Zenith Solar without much difficulty.

then maybe the easiest to do is to make starting DB so that i dont' have to entirely worry about the Solars dieing.

Both me and my palyers are new to Exalted so them knowing what they are capable of and me knowing what a DB is capabale of are up for interpretation.

Make starting Dragon Blooded, and give them like 10-14 extra charms.  Dont give them combos and dont have them get high initiatives.  Just a thought.

This depends on how combat oriented they are and how invested in group charms/combos they are. I would say 30 exp starting is a reasonable amount to be challenging while not beating the group

Hmm two definite options to think about.

The group is what I would consider moderately combat oriented.  All characters have some sort of combat 1 charm, the 2 dawn caste as buffed out well with mele charms.

I meant the DB's.

How much exp each do the Solars have? If you wanted to just give me their stats, I could design the five DBs for you. I like designing DB's. They're shiny and oh-so-clearly the best Exalted type.

Hmmm let me see if I can scan the character sheets or something because they are all starting solars with 6 extra bps at most due to story stuff and 4 exps.

they all have essence 3 and I am planning to use power combat.

they are 2 dawn and one of each other caste.  That is all i can give until i get home.

Sorry about the delayed response. I've been hit by a flu recently, and energy supplies have been rather low.

That being said, only one of those links (SteelWanderer) was working for me. Ummm... wondering why. Makes designing a group rather difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back