47 Nights Of Horror

Geun Sae

I would crawl belly deep through hell
Jaw's 48 Night Of Horror

MOVIES AND ME

giphy.gif

Howdy beautiful citizens of Rpnation, one of my favorite traditions I do every year is watch a Horror movie every night until Halloween starting on the 17th of setember. I thought that maybe I'd share them with you guys and make yall's more interested in movies. I'll be reviewing the movies every night. I'll try to withhold the spoilers but when I do put the spoiler they'll be in spoiler tabs. So without further ado, my 47 nights of terror.

(Feel free to comment you guys.)

NIGHT ONE: HARD CANDY

tumblr_n7soueNs7Z1ssmoymo1_500.gif

Directed By: David Slade

Starring: Ellen Page and Patrick Wilson

Rated: R

IMDB Rating: 7.2/10

Genre: Indie/ Horror/ Thriller

And we are off to a VERY strong start. Hard Candy is a 2005 indie film directed by David Slade, it stars Ellen Page (Juno) and Patrick Wilson (The Conjuring) in a nonstop thrill ride that keeps you intrigued the entire movie. For three weeks, 14-year-old Hayley Stark has been chatting on-line with 'Lensmaster319', a 32-year old fashion photographer, named Jeff. The two agree to meet at a coffee shop called Nighthawks. They hit it off, despite the massive age difference. Hayley appears to flirt with Jeff, and Jeff generally restrains himself, even admitting that he must wait 4-years until he can be with her. But his reservations are apparently not enough to decline when Hayley all but invites herself over to his house. Once at the house, manipulation becomes the name of the game, and the pedophile seems to be on the non-traditional side of it.

This movie is VERY entertaining, but in a way that shouldn't be. I can't get into detail about this movie without spoiling the initial shock this movie gives to it's first time viewers. By the end of the movie, you realize that there is neither an Antagonist or Protagonist. It's a test of morals compacted into one perfectly shot movie.

I give Hard Candy a five out of five stars.

NIGHT TWO: SUSPIRIA

SuspiriaGif2.gif

Directed By: Dario Argento

Starring:Jessica Harper

Rated: X

IMDB Rating: 7.5/10

Genre: Horror

This Movie. This movie arguably has one of the best. scariest, and most violent film openings that I can think of. Don't get switched off by the X rating as the violence in this film isn't in overabundance like in Peter Jackson's brain dead. This film is brilliantly written and brilliantly shot. The colors in this movie really sow it together, making it feel like a moving painting, a grotesque painting that you can't look away from. I remember watching this movie for the first time on TV and being unable to sleep for days.

(Spoilerz)

Suzy Bannion travels to Germany to perfect her ballet skills. She arrives at the Tanz dance academy in the pouring rain and is refused admission after another woman is seen fleeing the school. She returns the next morning and this time is let in. She learns that the young woman she saw fleeing the previous evening, Pat Hingle, has been found dead. Strange things soon begin to occur. Suzy becomes ill and is put on a special diet; the school becomes infested with maggots; odd sounds abound; and Daniel, the pianist, is killed by his own dog. A bit of research indicates that the ballet school was once a witches' coven - and as Suzy learns, still is.

-
Written by garykmcd

I give Suspiria a four out of five stars.

NIGHT THREE: CARRIE (ORIGINAL)

carrie4.gif

Directed By: Brian Depalma

Starring: Sissy Spaceck, John Travolta, Piper Laurie

Rated: R

IMDB Rating: 7.4/10

Genre: Horror/Drama

Carrie is one of my favorite Horror/Drama movies. Most of my love for this movie comes from Sissy Spaceck's AMAZING performance as a bullied, tortured, and troubled Carrie White. Every moment of this movie heats up the tension by adding more and more stress until that BRILLIANT scene towards the end of the movie. (I'm going to have to not talk about it that much because theres probably one or two people who have witnessed the amazing scene in Carrie.). While not particularly scary, this movie does do a great job with giving a large portion of stress and intrigue.

he story of Carrie White, a girl brought up, almost in isolation, by her domineering, religious mother Margaret. After an embarrassing incident in the showers causes her classmates to tease Carrie ruthlessly, her teacher Miss Collins disciplines them severely. However, one of the students feels sorry for what she did and asks her boyfriend to take Carrie to the senior prom instead of her. Determined to have revenge, the other students hatch a plot against Carrie, which turns horribly wrong when Carrie's strange mental powers are unleashed during the school prom.

I give Carrie four out of five stars.

NIGHT FOUR

NIGHT FIVE

NIGHT SIX

id, receives from the police a realistic woman-robot.

NIGHT SEVEN

e, but it is the begging of a nightmarish and hellish story.

NIGHT EIGHT

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back