[2E] Twighlights anima power too strong?

The twighlights anima power is...

• overpowered?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • well-balanced?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Okie dokie

PartisanGerm said:
Creatures of Darkness:  Doesn't this refer to "darkness of the heart/soul"?  If they are inherently or physically evil
In short, no. We could argue about how evil the Primordials are. Maybe they're just misundestood. Maybe their betrayal at the hands of their own creations has given them a justification for some serious, serious revenge.

But it's all irrelevant because the issue is quite clearly explained on page 192. The judgement of the Unconquered Sun is what determines whether something is an enemy of the world and therefore a creature of darkness.

so this Zenith pisses of the Unconquered Sun, and then Demons come for him due to some other misshap this misbegotten creature made...

Zenith: " I call on the Power of the SUN to smite these creatures of Darkness"

fire engulf the Zenith and he runs around screaming for a while.

Demons: "um...so the jobs done then? ok gues its back to Malfeas..."

Safim said:
Actually that is not entirely true. The US does not love bookworms, he likes his twilights to go out and do stuff with their knowledge. and nights do not get exalted for being sneaky all the time, they get exalted for being clever. that is a slight difference. I'd say there are as many twilights around who can wield a sword or some other weapon to kick as there are night castes around who specialize in kicking ass.
The Twilights I gave as an example weren't bookworms.  I said that his head was in a book to make sure that the manse he was building was made exactly right.  That's not collecting lore for its own sake, which is what the Unconquered Sun doesn't like; he's doing something with it.  He's making a building to channel the Essence of the area to suit him.

And I am aware that most Twilights know how to handle a sword.  What I wanted to point out was that most don't specialize in warfare.  It doesn't make sense for a PC character to make a Twilight and the first charms he gets is all the ones from the Melee, Dodge and Resistance trees.  That's not playing playing a Twilight - that's a player minmaxing a combat beast and it shouldn't be put up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back