[1E] You allow what!?

Sorrow said:
It seems you use normal combat so what is unbalanced in powercombat may be totally balanced in normal combat. I should have clarified that in the beginning.
Keep in mind that the air dragon bonus was written long before power combat existed (which is why I assumed standard combat rules). When you compare it to the other bonuses in normal combat, it's a bit better. When you compare it to the others in power combat, it is vastly superior. It's almost certain to be be a different bonus in 2nd Edition (I suspect they'll change it to allow practioners to ignore rate with chakrams).

In any case, point is, I'd think you'd pretty much have to nerf it for power combat. It was never intended to work in that evironment. Some possible nerfs:

• As I mentioned, change bonus to be that you treat rate for chakram as infinite.
  • The Immaculate throws up to Martial Arts chakram as a single attack, but the effect is that each one after the first eats a dodge or parry die of the defender. On hit, damage is done as normal, as if only one chakram hit.
  • Same as previous, but each one after the first adds an additional attack success instead of reducing defense. Result will be mechanically similar, but slightly more powerful in some cases (i.e. non-defending target).
  • As previous, but adding dice instead of successes.
  • Similar to the Wood Dragon bonus, replace bonus with just adding +2 to damage.
  • The Immaculate throws up to Martial Arts chakram as a single attack, each chakram past the first adds +1 to damage.
  • Replace bonus with one that doubles range of chakram.
Some of these are still more powerful that the signature bonuses for the other styles, though with a weaker form weapon.

And keep in mind that when the DB book was published it wasn't even slightly better than the other signature weapon bonuses. Why? Infinite Jade chakram didn't exist. Then the errata came and then power combat, suddenly air immaculates across creation started dominating combat!

I like your fixes, I never thought of something like that. I just allowed the immaculate to make his first attack with many chakrams and the others normally.

Safim said:
native speaker posts with grammatical mistakes and typos "insult" me, too. Still I don't call you a dumbass.
well why don't you? if you feel the need to call me names, then do so. I know I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back