• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other ⤷ allure. [✧]༄♪

cherub.

𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥 ☁ 𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘦𝘳
ALLURE.

AL·LURE | /əˈlo͝or/ | noun
1. the quality of being powerfully and mysteriously attractive or fascinating.

2. powerfully attract or charm; tempt.

Last edited:
AGAIN.
4/16/19

i know i've kissed you before, but i didn't do it right. so can i kiss you again? and again? and again?

April 21st, his birthday. Third grade. He wasn't looking forward to much, I could tell. The way he walked, and the way he spoke, just said he wasn't too worried about his birthday being that day. He didn't seem too excited to go through the whole 'Happy Birthday' song, either. A box was clearly seen in my hands as I walked with him, and he didn't seem in a hurry to grab it out my hands and rip it open, like a puppy would rip open it's first stuffed toy. I was excited for his birthday, unlike he was. His brown hair, wrapped in loose curls was spread on his head, some strands falling down. One I noticed came in contact with the bridge of his nose, where his freckles were dispersed. His light brown eyes piercing into the concrete we were walking on to go into the building. I didn't focus on too much else than his face, because I felt that was the only thing that mattered. Then he spoke. Snapping me out of my trance.

"Who's the gift for?" He said sarcastically, and it led me to chuckle softly.
"Yours, obviously, you don't know your own birthday is today?" I joked.
A small sigh escaped his lips as I spoke of his birthday. "What? You don't like your birthday?" I asked curiously.
"I do, I do, of course. I just don't like all the attention." He said, looking over at me. Those light brown eyes could kill. Like melted chocolate in the summer sun. Like a bears fur. Like freshly polished wood. It took me a while to answer.
"Oh, yes, I understand, I understand. I hope you like the gift though. I won't give you too much attention if you don't want me to." I trailed off towards the end of my sentence, even though out of habit, I would give him much more attention than he wanted me to.

We walked for a couple moments in silence, and I tried my best not to look over at the boy beside me. It was hard. As I was focusing on what was in front of me, I heard a thud, and I turned around faster than light, seeing him on the concrete. I put the box on the floor, almost threw it to go over and help. He managed to sit up on his own, and a small laugh coming from him. "Uneven pavement.. I should've known." I didn't laugh, I seemed serious. I knelt down in front of him and I looked at the cut that was on his knee. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't super small either. I took a small breath and I took off my backpack, rummaging through the front pocket to find a band-aid. My mother had always put them in my backpack for emergencies. I took one out that was big enough for the cut, and I tore it free from the wrapping, looking at him. "My mom always says that kisses make cuts feel better." I stated, like it was a true fact. I then leaned down and pressed my lips against the cut, putting the band-aid on moments afterwards. He looked at me like I was crazy, and I felt a red color come to my cheeks. I was embarrassed. We're in third grade, there's no need for kisses.

I didn't say much after that, I just helped him up, and the look faded off of his face, and I was relieved. I picked my gift back up, opening the door up for the now limping boy beside me. I felt bad, that's for sure. I should've been looking out for him. "I'll take you to the nurses office." I said, my face fell after such a mistake. He didn't say anything, and he just nodded. We navigated through the school together, taking wrong turns like it was our first time there. Once we got to the nurse's office, I realized I had to go to class, lest I get in trouble. "I have to get to class.. I'll see you there?" I say, tilting my head and giving him the perfectly, not wrapped by me, gift with a blue bow on it, in spite of the day. He took the gift with a smile on his face and he leaned into me, whispering into my ear, "Thanks for the gift, but the kiss was enough for me."

September 4th,
the first day of high school. Ninth grade. My first year of high school. I was sitting in the Algebra 1 room, number 2204, looking out the window. The wind brushed against the trees elegantly, and the sky was a nice brilliant blue. People were starting to flood into the room, taking their seats, the metal legs screeching against the floor as they were pulled out from under the desks. As I watched the faces that came into the room, there was one that came in that I couldn't forget. Him. His light brown eyes, his brown hair, the freckles that were spread like stars in the night sky. He was here. And he sat next to me. I looked down at his wrist, seeing the bracelet I gave him at the end of the year party in fifth grade. He still had it, and he still wore it. I adverted my eyes before I got caught, and I just looked out the window like I did before.

"Happy first day, students!" The man in the front said, presumably the teacher. I looked over, and started paying attention. I caught a couple glares from him beside me, and I decided to be the first person to say something. "Hey, I know you." I whispered, hoping the teacher didn't hear me.
"Hm?" The boy beside me said, his light brown eyes becoming almost dreamy in the sunlight spilling through the window.
"It's me. I gave you that bracelet at the end of the year party in fifth grade. Don't you remember?" I said, pointing to the bracelet, and he raised his wrist off of the table, looking at it and then at me.
He didn't say anything, and he just smiled.
"Now you remember?" I said, chuckling softly.
"Excuse me, sir. Have something to say to the class?" The teacher says, and I raise my eyebrows, shaking my head quickly, the whole class turning their head to look at me.
"No sir." I whisper.

The first day was always easy. Study hall was next, faster than I expected it to. It was almost nearing the end of the day. I made my way to the library and I saw him again. I went up to him and I waved. "Study hall on the first day sounds a little weird, doesn't it?" I said, making a sort of confused face before chuckling.
"Yeah.. at least it's in the library. I guess we can read to pass the time." He said, gesturing me over to follow him. He seemed to know his way around this place already. He must've been here before, while he was on the tour last night. I didn't go. We ended up at some sort of enclosed space, the walls being the books piled high. Fiction, non-fiction, fantasy, mystery, horror.. Anything and everything you can think of. He put his binder and things down on the floor before looking around, trying to find a book we could both read. I put my stuff down as well, and I watched him pick a book and then come back and lay down on his stomach.
"The Tale of Despereaux? Isn't that.. that book about that mouse and the princess?" I asked curiously.
"Yeah. It's been my favorite book ever since I put my hands on it. It's a really good story." He said happily, looking at the books cover of the mouse scurrying along with a needle wrapped in a red piece of thread. "How about I read it to you?"
I seemed alarmed at the request, but there was nothing wrong with that. So I settled down and I nodded, "Sure."

I sat through the boy reading the book to me, "The princess smiled at Despereaux again, and this time, Despereaux smiled back. And then, something incredible happened: The mouse fell in love." The line replayed in my head over and over again, and I looked over at the freckled-face, brown-haired boy beside me. "Love is ridiculous. But love is also wonderful. And powerful. And Despereaux's love for the Princess Pea would prove, in time, to be all these things: powerful, wonderful, and ridiculous." He read. I stopped him from reading moments afterwards, and when I did so he looked over at me. "I know I've kissed you before, but I didn't do it right. So can I kiss you again?" I asked. Before he could even respond, I pressed my lips against something other than his knee.

And again..

May 4th, high school graduation. It's become a normal thing to see him everyday. We had the same classes for the most part. We promised each other that we would go to the same college after graduation, and I hoped he held onto that promise for four years. But, ever since the kiss in ninth grade we've started dating. And I wouldn't change a thing about it. I see him just like I did in third grade. His melted chocolate eyes, his starry freckles and curled hair. He never changed. And I liked that about him. He was still the giddy, non-attention loving boy I met before. I looked over at him, as we sat through the ceremony, our hands meeting where the two chairs met, my fingers intertwining around his. I could never be happier. In the middle of the ceremony, I tensed up, my grip on his fingers getting tighter.

"I love you." He whispered softly, and that's all I needed to calm me down. His voice as smooth as silk could put any crying baby to sleep in an instant.
"I love you too." I whispered back, watching as more and more people went up to get their certificates, and then to get their picture taken.

After everyone was finished, we were instructed to throw our caps up in the air. I never really understood why we did such a thing. Sure, it was tradition, but why? As I thought this, I threw up my cap just like everyone else, grabbing it when it fell back down. He was the first one to look over to me, his cap in his hands, and his smiles were as bright as the stars in the sky. "Well, high schools over. Now onto college!" He rejoiced.
"Yup. Remember the promise?" I reminded him, hoping he knew.
"Yes, I remember. I made sure to get accepted into the school before the graduation. I'm hoping you did the same?" He said, raising an eyebrow, making an 'I-know-you-didn't-do-the-same' face.
"We can worry about that later!" I said, rubbing behind my neck nervously. I was always late on everything. High school's over! I should've already had this finished. "Together."
"Together."
He repeated after me, and I nodded, determined.
He smiled and he leaned in to kiss me, and I did nothing more but grab his waist and accept it. I couldn't help but hear a couple "Oohs!" from behind us. I hid our faces with my cap and I felt a warm feeling come to my cheeks, just like third grade.

And again..

April 5th, our wedding. I eventually got accepted into the college with him, and we studied our asses off until we could finally go through college graduation. After college graduation, I didn't hesitate to go out with my parents to find a ring for him. He never really specified what he wanted, but I would get something that was near beautiful as him. Even though there was nothing even close. We went through many stores, many cities, many states even. I needed something perfect for him, no matter the cost.

I found the right ring for him, and it wasn't long before I proposed to him. I can still hear the squeals of happiness, the glossiness of his eyes before and after the tears, and the feeling of his skin when he hugged me so tight. How eager he was to tell his close friends and family. The look he gave me when I got down on one knee. Everything comes back as a vivid memory that I can't seem to forget. And now him walking down the aisle will be another memory I have yet to forget. His pressed suit and his fixed hair. The way he looked at me. His exactly 64 freckles. Yes, I counted. Once he stepped up to stand in front of me, I looked into his eyes, eager to kiss him already.

The priest said the vows, and I said "I do", as fast as a blink of an eye, and he seemed to emit the same energy. I held both of his hands and I let a happy sigh escape my lips. Waiting for the words.

"You may now kiss the bride." Was said, moments after my thought, and I let a hand let go of his, caressing his cheek and kissing him softly. Cheers coming from here and there and flowers being thrown at our feet.

And it certainly won't be the last.

authors note !! : woah, for a first story this is pretty long !! i'm really happy with how it turned out though, i think it's really nice.
if you didn't get it already, it's basically a timeline between the two characters lives, and if you put together the bold and italicized words, it says,
" I know I've kissed you before, so can I kiss you again? And again.. And again.. And it certainly won't be the last. "

i would've added more, like onto their old age, but that would be super long, and i don't want to bore you guys.
i know it's a long read, but it's totally worth reading if you have the time !

Last edited:
GROW UP.
4/17/19

do you really wish you grew up?

soda
turns into vodka.
nice bikes
become luxury cars.
soft kisses
turn into heavy sex.
getting high,
was only a term used while swinging on the swingset.
protection
only meant wearing a helmet.
the worst thing
you could get from boys was cooties.
when your parents
were your only heroes.
when your archenemy
was your siblings.

race controversies were only about who ran the fastest.
cough medicine
was the only drug you knew.
the worst pain
you felt was skinning up your knees.
walking down a hallway
with a guy meant absolutely nothing.
when appearances
didn't affect who dates who.
and the only goodbyes meant waiting until tomorrow?

do you really wish you grew up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back