• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ☾ — ic | blomstrande school of magic.

peachnim

fabulous *:・゚✧

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to the Blomstrande School of Magic, home to every aspiring witch and wizard in Stockholm, Sweden. This international, upper secondary school welcomes those who have magical abilities, no matter their heritage or previous experience. Our esteemed headmistress, Eira Blomstrande, has had nearly thirty years of experience in helping foster the dreams and talents of young witches and wizards. As she most famously stated, “Mages should be guided, not taught.” To this day, this remains the policy of this academy of magics: nurturing growth rather than conformity.

We are also proud to say that our school has grown to include over thirty facilities, from dorms and study lounges to classrooms on three separate floors. The school is located on an extensive, beautiful country acre, and is constructed with elaborate and exquisite designs. In many of our courses, such as potions and plant identification, the learning is not only comprehensive, but interactive. We see to it that the young mages get a chance to discover and create, always.

COURSEWORK
As for the coursework, our students follow a timetable of eight classes [one lunch break in the middle of the day], four of which will alternate every other day. To illustrate, a child may take potions for first period on Monday, then spells on Tuesday, and potions on Wednesday once more. This alternating schedule is designed as such to allow students to have more time to breathe and complete their weekly assignments.

*Classes for the 2017-18 fall/winter term will begin on 09-24-2017. Class schedules will be available by the first week of school.

LUNCH & UNIFORM
Regarding lunches, the academy’s “bistro & bakery” not only features an indoor cafe (x), but includes snack vendors and quaint seating, as well. We understand that our older students need to juggle workloads, extracurriculars, and due dates, so our menu provides a variety of healthy options to stimulate the brain.

Concerning uniform policy, this school of magic is more lax on its policy in coherence with Swedish values. The academy does have a uniform: a blazer, cardigan, or vest, paired with a white button-down, skirt/trousers, socks, oxfords, and a tie (see here for women’s uniform & here for men’s; pointed hats & robes worn for special occasions only). However, uniforms can be tailored and paired with different items according to your tastes. Colors depend on the grade level; first years [16-17] wear emerald and gold, second years [17-18] sport [color=
#4f638f]royal blue[/color] and gold, and third years [18-19] don [color=
#aa2b32]maroon[/color] and gold.

ADMISSION PROCESS
To attend this secondary school, the prospective student will fill out an application and compete for entrance based upon his/her primary school grades. Acceptance rates are fairly high, as the academy does not discriminate between those of full-magical heritage and new witches/wizards.

NOTES
  • Not first come-first serve.
  • Starts on the 25th (Monday). I'm going by CST, so applications will be due at 12:00 AM on Sunday (09/24/2017).
  • Loosely based on the Netflix adaptation of "The Worst Witch". Meaning, the setup and tone of the role play will follow the show (lighthearted and comedic). However, this school will be a high school and plot/characters will not follow the series.
  • This RP is set up so that each character will have their time to shine. We’ll have six different stories going on at once, but with each “chapter/episode”, a different character will be focused upon.
  • Plot will be discussed on discord. (I will send out the link when I've chosen the applicants.)
  • I expect 2+ paragraphs for replies (it doesn't have to be too detailed, but put in effort), and consistency. Please don't join if you think you will be too busy to reply at least once a week!
  • I will let people double up if I see that the person is consistent in replying or will bring variety to the role play. (Bring on those flawed characters!)
LINKS
Will be added shortly.
FALL/WINTER INFORMATION
APPLICATIONS (CS)
STUDENT LOUNGE (OOC)​

tumblr_inline_oueimlsMXQ1sdb1pq_250.gif

KOMAL PAWAR!
6:50?! Shit! Shit! It’s over, my life is over—”
“Komal, language. Anas, stop picking at your food, the bus will be here any minute!”
Arey, Kushali, I can’t find the keys! Didn’t I give them to you on the way back—”
“—How should I know, Ruhan?—Anas, eat!”

Monday, the first day of school for most. Any summer morning, the Pawar house would be eerily calm, but the moment their children’s schools opened, the entire neighborhood was in for a 6:30 a.m. ride. The Pawars were quite the noisy bunch; though they lived a mere five minutes away from their son’s primary school, said son was incredibly slow at waking up, changing, and digesting. So slow that by the time Anas was nibbling his breakfast, his bus would park before their house. The older sibling’s plight was another one altogether. Not only did she become a master at zoning out her mother’s early-morning hollers, she was totally immune to alarm clocks. And on top of habitually waking up late, Komal had to deal with unpressed uniforms, a father who always forgot his keys, and failed attempts to ride her broom half-asleep.

In fact, as of this moment, Komal was in desperate need of pressing her blouse. She’d only just popped out of the bathroom after fixing her waves (and cleaning out that eye gunk), yet the clock read an intimidating 6:50. That meant the girl only had ten minutes left until she had to meet her closest compadres, Lien and Taeho, at their usual hangout. However, Komal was still donned in her pajamas, still had a growling stomach, and still had to help her father fish out his keys. What luck.

Half of this mayhem wasn’t entirely unavoidable; she’d spent a lot of time jamming out to playlists in front of the mirror, and an equally large portion scrolling through her phone. If her mother hadn’t forced her to purchase all required books beforehand, the witch would have been fretting over that, too. But habits are habits, and Komal hadn’t the time to dwell on it any longer.

Although her limbs moved at an impossibly speedy rate, the clock still read 7:00 a.m. It took every ounce of effort not to lash out at the inanimate object. Instead, Komal found herself bounding off towards the sidewalks, a haphazardly thrown-together lunch in hand.

The path to the academy was a longer journey than most, as her family lived in the suburbs. But Komal didn’t want to perch atop her broomstick, not until her friends were with her. She wanted to take her first flight of the school year alongside her besties, for sure. This had been her silly little vow from last year—the year the three met—and it was something she intended upon keeping until graduation.

Besides, the journey to Gilda’s Rum, the coziest cafe owned by the late witch Gilda, made it all worth it. Danderyd Municipality’s underground system took fifteen minutes to arrive in central Stockholm, and from there, it was all about enjoying the view. And since she was wearing wool tights and a thick coat, Komal found it much easier to do just that.

The towering, colorful apartments, greenery, and chilly breezes left her in awe every time. Strangers passed by in all sorts of layered clothing, some looking like strolling sushi rolls. (Well, she probably looked like one, too.) She'd missed the feeling of witnessing such sights and exploring the city without her family. Still, Komal couldn't help but feel a little guilty for leaving home without a proper goodbye. She'd have to call her parents later to make up for it.

All it took was one glance at her phone for Komal to snap out of her thoughts. It was already twenty past seven, and a certain witch and wizard would not enjoy her lateness.

Finally, the girl stopped before a brick building, inhaling the aroma of pastries, muffins, and cream buns before scanning the perimeter for her friends.

Upon spotting two familiar faces, Komal broke into the first grin of the week. She waved both hands wildly in hopes that her antics would make Lien and Taeho forget how late she was (again). Hopefully, a little in-flight speeding would do the trick and save their sorry behinds.

Arriving late and missing the first assembly was like going trick-or-treating and only getting black licorice. Without witnessing the choir’s annual opening performance or receiving one’s class rosters, the school year just felt empty. There was truly something about the traditional congregation that left most mages with more bounce in their step. Even Professor Edeltrude’s verbose run-through of the rules was withstandable, as the headmistress’s jokes, the performances, and school chants all soon followed. And just at the thought of it all, Komal felt a surge of excitement swell up in her chest.

Hunger and drowsiness somewhat forgotten, she entered the cafe, and headed over to the pair. “Well met, well met,” Komal jested, pressing her palm to her head and acting as if she’d never spoken to the mages before.​
interactions:
allure allure n u n c h i n u n c h i

Last edited:

TAEHO

BAE
S T A T U S
mentions: peachnim peachnim allure allurelocation: Gilda's Rum

Early morning light filtered onto a lump, covered in blankets and surrounded by a circle of pillows of all shapes and colors. Around the room where the lump laid on the bed were suitcases and other boxes filled with random things, mostly unpacked. An already pressed uniform hung over a chair that was pushed haphazardly into a corner.

Hotto Dogu!

The sound of buzzing and Shawn Wasabi's Hotto Dogu could be heard underneath the mountain of blankets, causing the lump to stir. A certain messy mop of dark hair popped out of the side of the mound and began to wiggle out of the cocoon. Tae yawned loudly while giving a mighty stretch, his upper body now hanging off the side of the bed. Suddenly, Tae gracefully landed onto the hardwood floor with a small thump, drawing out an annoyed groan. So much for a good start to his day. Tae laid on his back, staring at the ceiling, wondering "Why me?".

Tae suddenly jolted up, grabbing his phone from the pile of blankets, intent on checking the time. 6:01. His eyes darted to the date, where a sudden surge of energy suddenly filled his body. It was Monday, Monday meant school, and school meant seeing his best friends. "WAIT! That's right, gotta go to Gilda's," Tae said, pulling down his t-shirt to hide his abs stomach and walked towards the washroom.

By now, his phone read 6:17. His morning routine wasn't all too special, the longest part being styling his hair. He smoothed some product onto his hair, attempting to tame his bedhead to look more presentable. Tae took one last look (taking a second to straighten out a stray piece of hair) and quickly shuffled back to his room with pep in his step. 6:34.

Wasting no time, Tae quickly stripped to his pants, hastily buttoning up his school shirt. After several failed attempts of buttoning the buttons with the matching holes, Tae pulled up his trousers and buckled his belt. Socks were next as he absentmindedly grabbed one blue and one black, missing his mistake. Just as he reached for his pullover, he realized he never tucked his shirt in, causing a huff of annoyance as he made the adjustment. In that slightly chaotic span of mere minutes, Tae finally went to grab his bag.

"Wait, tie," He said, turning back around with his bag hanging off one shoulder to grab it. He sighed, realizing the tie wasn't pre-tied, already knowing it would take a lot of time to attempt to knot it around his neck. Tying a tie was...a lot of work. Instead, he slung it haphazardly around his neck, leaving it for later. He checked his phone one last time, the time reading, 6:53. Tae slipped on his trainers (one foot not fully in the shoe), bounding out the door and down the stairs, destination: Gilda's Rum.

He was halfway down the street towards Gilda's, breathing in the cool air. People were rushing places, many on their phones, ignoring the others around them. It was a typical Monday morning, people attempting to hurry to work or to school. Tae strolled, in comparison, enjoying the weather and the scenery. He missed the beauty of Stockholm. It was much cooler than London (thank heavens). Hot weather and Tae really did not mix as he was the epitome of a human heater.

The delicious smells of coffee and baked goods suddenly filled Tae's nostrils. His stomach growled comically in response. "Gosh I'm hungry...", he thought. The cozy view of Gilda's Rum soon came into view shortly after the initial delicious scent. As he walked in, the door produced a satisfying creak as the twinkle of bells filled the cafe. Tae took out his phone, looking around, no sign of either Lien or Komal. "I figured Komal would be late, but hopefully Lien is right behind me," Tae mumbled to himself, getting into line. He figured he might as well order breakfast for his friends in the meantime.

Tae began to make a mental checklist. For Komal, a danish and an iced macchiato. Tae peeked at the display, seeing a raspberry danish she would love. He nodded, making note of the exact one, the one biggest one, the one with the most glaze. Next, he recalled the exact order of Lien's favorite tea concoction. Tae wasn't exactly a tea expert, so he didn't really understand the novelty of this complicated order. He did, however, have it memorized by heart as he always did try to remember the small things that made his friends happy. Now all that was left was his own order. Tae stuck his tongue between his teeth, trying to choose just one pastry to eat.

"How can I help you?" asked the cashier as Tae approached the counter. He smiled sweetly and began dictating everyone’s orders perfectly, even pointing out the exact danish for Komal. And yes he got Lien’s order down to a t.

"And as for me, surprise me with something sweet!" he finished, as he took out his card to pay (courtesy of his mother). He thanked the cashier and waited to pick up his order.

Gilda's was usually pretty efficient with their orders, and soon enough, Tae scooped up the goods in his arms and walked over to their usual. Soon after, Lien joined him. He handed Lien her special tea and grinned his usual dopey grin. The pair waited for Komal who, as usual, came in late, looking hastily dressed.

“Well met, well met,” said Komal, repeating a greeting well known to him. Tae laughed a bit too enthusiastically in return.

"Well met!" shouted Tae in reply, he too pressed his hand to his forehead. He grinned and removed his hand, choosing to waggle a finger at her instead. "You woke up late again," Tae stated, rather than asking. "Why am I not surprised?" Tae was an early riser even if he usually slept like a log. He wasn’t much better than Komal in the end. He was still a mess, his tie still left untied as though he had forgotten about it. He took a messy bite out of his randomly chosen chocolate croissant, a bit of chocolate stuck on his lip.

What a sight to begin the year with.

code by ⦁ s e r e n d i p i t y

Last edited:
M O R R I G A N

Mornings were never kind to Morrigan. Light shined in through the window that sat a couple feet away from his bed. The bright rays of the new day hit his eyelids, causing him to grimace. A low, annoyed growl arose from his throat as his eyes snapped open. First day of school, Mor. Let's try not to be a total sped today, yeh?

He climbed out of bed, the cool air in his room immediately meeting his bare chest. A couple scars from fights in his old neighborhood adorned his dark skin, accompanied by the odd tattoo. Each one had a story, a story he often didn't like telling to anyone. Not that he would have anyone to tell. He wasn't exactly Mr. Popular at Blomstrande.

''Try not to fuck up too much, ya' get me, mate?''

So far, he hadn't been listening much to his younger brother's advice. His first year had been a disaster; he was lucky to not have been kicked out of the school for failing. He fell into rank C, getting a meager 72 for his grade average. Now, he wasn't hopeless at magic or anything. On the contrary, he was actually quite good at it. Though, learning about it? That was a different story entirely. When he accepted the invitation to attend the school, he figured he would be practicing how to cast spells and the like. He had been completely wrong. The place was basically regular school but without the regular subjects. Morrigan never thought he'd miss Spanish class, but that all changed when he took Plant Identification for the first time.

His tired eyes glanced around his messy room. Clothes and various food wrappers were strewn everywhere, a constant reminder that he needed to clean. He was lucky his familiar, a black tabby cat by the name of Amos, wasn't currently in his room. The cat would've gotten lost in all of this mess.

Pulling himself out of his thoughts, Morrigan trudged into his bathroom and got ready for his second first day of school. As he brushed his teeth after he finished taking a quick shower, he stared at himself in the mirror. This year's gotta be different. Gotta show them I'm not some hopeless case, ya' know? After his pathetic attempt at a pep talk, he got dressed in his Blomstrande uniform of a white dress shirt with a red tie underneath a blue sweater and khaki pants. He opted not to wear the oxfords that came with it, deciding to slip on a pair of black converse on instead. He'd probably catch some stick from a teacher about it but he couldn't have honestly cared less. His dark eyes glanced at his alarm clock, which let him know he had about five minutes before he needed to leave. He may not have been a scholar but he sure did know how to get ready on time. With a heavy sigh, he grabbed his backpack and broomstick, slinging the former over his shoulder, and exited his room.

Morrigan closed his eyes as he stepped onto the sidewalk outside of the place he resided in. The air was cool and the sky was beginning to lighten up. Greenery decorated the sidewalks, as did the expertly designed buildings. The scenery in Stockholm was incredibly different from that in South London. His usual view consisted of overcast skies and shoddy apartment complexes that had been tagged up by the local street gangs. It was a good change, as he was happy to get out of the ghettos that he grew up in. Bad memories flashed through his head for a moment before he shook them out, his jaw clenching as he got annoyed with himself.

He turned his attention towards the street, which was already bustling with cars. It was a Monday, after all. Shrugging his shoulders, he walked into an empty bicycle lane bordering the street and hopped on his broomstick. A smile, a rare one, tugged at his lips as he did so. Flying was one of his favorite pastimes, apart from sulking and self-loathing. He began flying down the street, nimbly weaving through spaces between vehicles. The cloaking charms on the broomsticks were great for flying undetected. Though, if you weren't an experienced flier, you could expect to get hit by a couple of cars. Luckily, that only happened to Morrigan twice.

It didn't take Morrigan long to get to the campus of Blomstrande. He didn't live too far away from the school and flying was much faster than taking a taxi, which some students did. Morrigan figured those who were godawful at broomsticks stuck to driving, which made him feel like he was finally better than someone at something. Students were arriving, the campus filling up quickly. Morrigan wasn't usually one to be nervous, but he did get anxious around new people. And the start of a new year meant a ton of new people.

After disembarking from his mode of transportation, he quickly walked along the path that would take him to the auditorium where the opening assembly would be taking place. He hoped he could snag a place in the back, as he wasn't in the mood to socialize with anyone. But, then again, when was he ever in the mood to socialize?

code by DatGuyWelbz

tumblr_nvvjfzMjWZ1qgbi8io1_400.gif

Time: Morning
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: N/A

Last edited:
m

m
eugene kosta

m e n t i o n s ; n/a

Gene was worried about school. So very very worried that he fretted himself into near insomnia: stark awake, letting his face erupt in pimples 'til a frightening 4:30 a.m. It wasn't a surprise that it took more than just a bird chirping sound from his phone to stir him. The combination of his older sister's 'ξύπνα!!' texts and the sound of real birds singing outside his window roused him with a groan and a frown.

'im awake calm down ang ((((((((:'

He was very well-prepared, to give him some credit. Of course, he did have a lot of time to get his uniform ironed between his nervous pacing, YouTube binging, and spontaneous baking excursions; bread-making was surprisingly nuanced and he reckoned he'd found a new hobby. It was the closest thing he'd come to succeeding in any real skill not involving magic or sports.

He plucked his pressed clothes from the hanger it sat on and quickly changed into them, not needing to shower as he'd done so the night before, though he felt so dazed he felt he needed some kind of pick-me-up; coffee was not monumental enough, he'd knew he'd crash by his second class if he'd just jazzed himself on caffeine in the morning.

He looked at the mirror, examining himself. His uniform was good, but his face, as well as the expression on it, looked like he'd witnessed death first-hand. He was breaking out, and the bags under his eyes were very conspicuous. He grabbed his Neutrogena concealer and started applying it, a product he picked up from the drug store a few blocks down purely because he liked to emphasize the gen part when pronouncing it.

"Neutrogena," He murmured, covering his imperfections as much as he could without using too much. He might sweat it all off before the day is up, but at least he tried. He'd bring oil wipes and makeup remover tissues along with him, just in case.

It wasn't that he was a nervous person. He couldn't really explain his anxiety, and he was inclined to attribute it to the soda he shouldn't have drank at 11 p.m. or the horror movie that had him on edge at midnight with no one to seek solace with; this proud, more unrelenting side wouldn't want him to recognize his own fascinations and inhibitions about Blomstrande, the well-renowned school for wizards and witches that he felt too unprepared for. He was suddenly thrust into a world where he didn't know his place, and it was a scary thing.

His stride didn't show this in the slightest, though. The way he set away his broomstick after arriving at the school and walked into the auditorium-like area would prompt most to believe he was at least a second year if not for the bright emerald he was donning, and that's exactly what he wanted. He took his seat with a slight smile of satisfaction that he tugged away after realizing how psychotic he must've looked. His stomach grumbled with immense discontent at Eugene's flagrant bypass of breakfast. He figured he could make it through a few classes to lunch without fainting.

He figured.

lien nguyen
All I wanna do is get high by the beach, get high by the beach, get high.

Lien rolled over, her eyes still half-lidded before they flew open in surprise. Half her body was flopping over the edge of the bed. She scrabbled at the bedsheets, clinging onto the scratchy blankets to prevent herself from falling off the tiny cot.

All I wanna do is get by by the beach, get by baby baby bye bye.

She hauled herself back up onto the mattress and sat up, taking a deep, calming breath. Her alarm was playing so loudly that the sound was breaking, the way powerful bass does over inadequate speakers.

The truth is I never bought into your bullshit when you– Lien turned off Lana's crooning and hopped off the cot, raising her arms above her head and standing on her tiptoes as she stretched so hard that her joints popped. 5:30, her phone had read, which gave her an hour and a half to prepare for the First Day of School. She changed out of her sweats and into her uniform, ironed and pressed from the previous night (on her bed, since the hotel room strangely offered a clothing iron but not an ironing board).

In the cramped bathroom, Lien brushed her teeth, washed her face, raked her wet hands through her hair to smooth it down, and then promptly up-ended a case by the sink. A variety of makeup products spilled onto the countertop; she'd brought as much as she could fit in the thing. By the time she was swiping on her finishing statement, a coat of deep wine lipstick, about an hour had passed. Anyone who knew makeup knew that it was a process. Granted, it usually wasn't an hour-long process for Lien, but she wanted to look nothing short of flawless. Indeed, she was usually running late by the time she finished getting ready on most days, not willing to put forth the sort of effort that the all-important First Day of School demanded.

She relished in the sensation of not being in a rush for once, thinking 'Maybe I should wake up at five thirty every morning' (while knowing it was a lie that would never happen). She pulled on a black wool peacoat, a magenta wraparound scarf, and high-heeled ankle boots before slinging her bag onto her shoulder and leaving the hotel room for the last time.

Stockholm was a touch colder than Valencia this time of year. The waterways made up a little bit for the lack of beach, and the general verdure of the city reminded her of her hometown without any dregs of homesickness stuffing up her heart (at least, not yet). Though she preferred Valencia's elegant cream and ivory and sparkling glass buildings, the splashes of color along the streets added a considerable amount of charm to the scenery as she made her way across several blocks to the cafe where she was meeting her friends.

The bell above the door tinkled cheerfully as she swept inside. Tae was already perched at their usual seats by the window, where plush chairs surrounded small circular tables. She sank into a high-backed armchair and accepted her usual order from Tae: roasted pear cider peach pineapple infusion white tea blend with honey, mint, ginger, and lemon brewed at 75°C. They caught up amiably while they waited for Komal, who was no doubt running at least ten minutes late. The other girl finally entered, waving her arms wildly and pretending she had never met them before. Lien only rolled her eyes albeit with a smile on her lips. She drew herself up in a regal manner in her chair as she took a sip of her tea, eyeing her two friends. Her beautiful hot messes.

"It's probably best if you chug the macchiato and eat the danish in-flight," she finally said, laughing a little bit so Komal would know that she was joking. Maybe joking. Strongly recommending. "I absolutely refuse to be late on the First Day of School. Imagine missing the assembly! I need to make my dramatic entrance!"

n u n c h i n u n c h i peachnim peachnim

xFmfOY4.png
lukas elias king
Lukas had almost wished this day hadn’t come so soon. It wasn’t that he was sad to start his third year of Blomstrande, but if he could start his summer all over again… he would. Rather than staying at home with his parents, and not much to do – he and his cousins had decided to get together and travel to wherever they could and wanted to really. That was one of the many perks of being the favourite child in the family (not that there were many to his family anyway). Though of course his parents were slightly hesitant, Lukas had managed to persuade them enough to say yes.

Thus was the start of his little adventure around Europe, which he’d happily kept updated on his Instagram. Lukas had felt incredibly lucky, because not many other kids had the opportunity to travel like he did. If it hadn’t been for his parents, he may have never got the chance to explore and go on adventures, so he was slightly grateful for them.

Speaking of his parents, Lukas still hadn’t returned home to let his parents know that he was safe and sound, his limbs still intact and not a single hair on his head out of place. With only two days till the first day of school, he thought that it would be pointless and much easier for him to settle into his dorm. Of course, he’d left his mother a simple voice message to let her know of his well-being when she couldn’t reach her phone, and that was usually for a couple days.

But when the day finally came and his alarm rang at 7:00 in the morning, all Lukas could do was lay in his double bed, eyes tightly shut and pray in his mind that when he’d open them, time would rewind backwards and he’d be elsewhere. Except no. When his eyes fluttered open, he met the ceiling of his dorm room.

Without a complaint, the boy got up, shut his alarm off and headed towards the bathroom. He did the same following routine every morning – brushed his teeth, showered, played with his hair till it looked decent enough then put on the Blomstrande school uniform which had been neatly folded away in his dresser, ready to be worn.

Before he left his dorm room, he grabbed his sweater, slipping it on easily and headed out with his wooden broomstick and backpack. Lukas finally exited the complex building with a red apple in hand, saying his hellos to whoever he ran into. He walked a little before hopping onto his broomstick. Up, up and away, he thought as he no longer felt the floor beneath his feet and he was flying in sky.

It had been a while since Lukas was in Sweden, and he was taking in the familiar streets and roads of Stockholm. It almost felt good to be back. As he flew, he spotted an upcoming trash can and a small grin appeared on his face. He focused carefully, aimed and when he was confident, he chucked the leftover of his apple and it landed into the can easily. Although it wasn’t big of an achievement, Lukas felt a little cool.

The journey was short and quick, really. Lukas was an experienced flyer, and was quick to learn the skills of manoeuvring. So, when he finally arrived at Blomstrande, he hopped off his broomstick and smiled. Let’s go third year. He spoke under his breath, and began walking to assembly.

tumblr_ox5zxtANux1u6igk1o1_250.gif

KOMAL PAWAR!
Sometimes, all it took was a little laughter to help people forget your mistakes. And when Taeho broke into a giggle, it was the most infectious sound on earth. Soon enough, the witch broke into noisy chortles as well. She was conveniently blind to the stares directed towards the loud bunch. Nothing else, no one else, really mattered. After all, it felt like eons since Komal had last seen her besties.

Nevertheless, it only took one glance at a poised Lien for the witch to compose herself. It wasn’t that her friend was frightening or intimidating; Lien was simply a living, exemplary reminder to keep herself in check. Komal’s mother could go on for ages about how “graceful”, “pretty”, and “smart” her friend was, and how Komal should learn from Lien’s mannerisms. In fact, some days she could swear her mother planned to take Lien in as their own.

...Which was understandable. With such silken black locks, round eyes, and a perfect figure to boot, the older witch had everything Komal could only dream of having. On top of that, Komal’s grades were incomparable to hers… as well as their attention spans. But despite having such huge contrasts, those aspects were the most insignificant parts of their friendship. The way Komal saw it, they could relate on just about anything, and trusted each other with the world. Others could be totally unaware, whereas Lien had an acute sense of knowing what was up with her. She was the one friend who connected with her on the deepest of levels, who could comfort her without a single word. That in and of itself was something Komal would never give up.

"You woke up late again. Why am I not surprised?”

The sound of Taeho’s lighthearted voice snapped the witch back to reality. Only moments after the boy said this, he ended up smearing chocolate from the croissant on his lips. Komal pursed her own lips in an effort to hold back a giggle. She exchanged amused glances with her fellow witch, before handing him a napkin and scanning his messy uniform.

Well, at least I can wear my uniform properly.” Komal declared, though her own bow wasn't all that well-assembled. And despite the haphazardly thrown together accessory of his, the sapphire looked great on him—on all of them. Long gone were the days of emerald green; now, they were more mature, more skilled, more put-together mages—

"It's probably best if you chug the macchiato and eat the danish in-flight."

Right, well, scratch that bit about being put-together.

Komal blinked down at the tiny table. Sure enough, a gorgeous, tall macchiato and creamy raspberry danish lay before her, waiting for her to take a bite. Oh, would she take a bite.

It wasn’t difficult to guess who’d ordered for the witch. Immediately, Komal’s eyes shot up to meet Taeho’s dark ones.

“Tae, I officially love you.” the girl declared, inhaling the scent of fresh berries and drizzled vanilla. She slung her arm over the wizard’s shoulder (which was slightly funny because of the height difference), and pinched his cheek out of affection.

While Lien was the friend who understood her best, Taeho was the friend she could be the most open with. If Komal could compare the wizard to anything, it’d have to be slightly toasted marshmallows. He was gentle and exuded warmth, and the crinkle of his eyes could let down anyone’s walls. He also had a way with words and gestures; you’d be mad at him for something, but only seconds later you would forget why you were still scowling. Perhaps it really was just the charming eye crinkle, but Tae was the easiest to talk to.

If Lien had extraordinary senses when it came to knowing what was up, Taeho was an expert at being considerate. Buying breakfast for the group was something he did so naturally; he didn’t make her feel burdened by such niceness—it was just in him.

Finally, Komal released the wizard from her grasp. She reached for the macchiato, swirled it around, and took a loooong sip. Instantly, the harmonious mixture of vanilla sauce, milk, and espresso brightened her features. Any and all tiredness evaporated into thin air. The smooth, cold liquid sent a shudder through her body—and a much needed one at that.

"I absolutely refuse to be late on the First Day of School. Imagine missing the assembly! I need to make my dramatic entrance!"

Clasping her hands together, Komal exclaimed, “You’re right, Your Greatness!” In all honestly, she didn’t want to argue and considered taking her food to-go, as Lien suggested. The assembly meant a great deal to her as well, but… for other reasons. This year, the Gallant Gliders, a famous owl troupe, would be performing. It was imperative to snag first row seats, or at least sit anywhere near the feathered creatures. (Of course, Lien’s dramatic entrance was just as important.)

So, without further delay, Komal began placing her food into her lunch sack, then in her bag. She lifted her scarf up to her nose, whipped out her broomstick, and started for the door.

“Well?” Komal motioned to the exit, a twinkle of excitement in her gaze, “Are we ready to go, witches and wizards?”
interactions:
allure allure n u n c h i n u n c h i

lien nguyen
“Are we ready to go, witches and wizards?” Komal announced, a familiar sparkle in her eye that made Lien smile instinctively. It was the little things – a conspiratorial glance, a laugh that seemed to have the same effect as an illumination spell, a spontaneous joke that would have her doubled over and wheezing – that gave her a warm, fuzzy feeling in her chest when it came to her friendship with Komal. In Lien’s opinion, the other girl was at her best and brightest when she was unapologetically herself. It was why she tried her best to have Komal disregard her mother’s ideas of what the ideal daughter should be and embrace herself as the free spirit she was. Lien always said that she would never get along with the kind of person Komal’s mother seemed to want, anyhow: so prim and proper that it seemed like they had a wand up their butt.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” she answered without missing a beat. She rose from her chair and swept what remained of their breakfast into the trash bin with a flick of her wand. The cool air outside was sharp enough to lend a spring to her steps as she made her way back onto the street. Lien quickly murmured the broom summoning spell under her breath and pulled her broom towards her before it had even finished materializing out of the ether. She ordered it to hover and was seated on its well-worn handle by the time the door had closed behind the last person to follow her outside. She tapped it with her wand and giggled as her broom bobbed up and down in the air. ”Race you two to the gates?” She told her broom to execute a few tight spirals that left her feeling a bit dizzy.

Lien hadn’t always been so comfortable flying; in fact, she used to hate it. She’d learned over the course of many months that the best way to overcome her nauseating fear of heights was to distract herself by flying with other people. As long as she was making conversation or racing, she wouldn’t feel the urge to look down until they were in safe proximity to their destination. She challenged her two friends to a race every year, though it usually ended long before they reached Blomstrande due to Taeho’s less than stellar flying skills. How he had ended up as the Keeper for the Blomstrande team was a mystery. She stuck her tongue out at Komal and Taeho and told her broom to fly higher. ”Keep up if you can!” she called out behind her before focusing all of her attention on not crashing into a building. She directed her broom until they were well above the city and speeding towards Blomstrande, finally allowing herself to peek down to make sure her friends were right behind her.

n u n c h i n u n c h i peachnim peachnim

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back