• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern —lachrymose. cs

boyguro

Заводной апельсин
ic | cs | ooc | lore | npcs | locations

deadline is january 12th

C H A R A C T E R S H E E T

I87Vs5s.jpg

EoQES2M.jpg
zx7lRj3.jpg
4On7Xll.jpg
RRVHbfT.jpg

(SCROLL)
HUMANS

REQUISITE
NAME
AGE (20-25)
ROLE
SPECIES

APPEARANCE
HEIGHT
BODY TYPE
VOICE
BODY MODS
DIST. FEATURES

PERSONA
POSITIVE TRAITS (5+)
NEGATIVE TRAITS (5+)
LIKES (4+)
DISLIKES (4+)
QUIRKS (3+)
FEARS (2+)
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MERFOLK?

HISTORY
BACKSTORY
FAMILY
THEME SONG
MISC.

MERMAIDS

REQUISITE
NAME
AGE (UP TO 700 YEARS)
ROLE
SPECIES

APPEARANCE
HEIGHT
BODY TYPE
VOICE
BODY MODS.
DIST. FEATURES
UNDERWATER FORM (TAIL, SCALES, ETC.)

PERSONA
POSITIVE TRAITS (5+)
NEGATIVE TRAITS (5+)
LIKES (4+)
DISLIKES (4+)
QUIRKS (3+)
FEARS (2+)
OPINION ON YOUR SPECIES?
OPINION ON SIRENS?
OPINION ON HUMANS?
ABILITIES

HISTORY
BACKSTORY
FAMILY
THEME SONG
MISC.

SIRENS

REQUISITE
NAME
AGE (UP TO 6000 YEARS)
ROLE
SPECIES

APPEARANCE
HEIGHT
BODY TYPE
VOICE
BODY MODS.
DIST. FEATURES
UNDERWATER FORM (TAIL, SCALES, ETC.)

PERSONA
POSITIVE TRAITS (5+)
NEGATIVE TRAITS (5+)
LIKES (4+)
DISLIKES (4+)
QUIRKS (3+)
FEARS (2+)
OPINION ON YOUR SPECIES?
OPINION ON MERMAIDS?
OPINION ON HUMANS?
ABILITIES

HISTORY
BACKSTORY
FAMILY
THEME SONG
MISC.

MERFOLK ABILITIES

Although Mermaids and Sirens both belong to the Merfolk, they possess completely different "powers", and their level of potency ranges depending on the individual and their capability to control it. Below are a list of abilities your character(s) may obtain, you may choose two powers. To avoid OP characters, I've split the abilities in two sections. You may pick one of each. If the matter comes down to two or more people wanting the same ability, I will resolve the issue by flipping a coin. All Merfolk have the ability to disguise themselves as humans.

WARNING: Sexual relations between Merfolk and humans are nothing new in nature, however the moment that romantic feelings begin to come involved with it from the Merfolk's side, anything as simple as a kiss, will result in the human slowly beginning to drain the Merfolk of their power until they've obtained it themselves. The only way for the Merfolk to recover their power, would be for the human to proclaim their love for them back and perform the Binding Ritual (will be explained later on). As this has not happened in hundreds of years, this phenomen has been forgotten and not passed on.

MERMAIDS
CHOOSE 1 OF 3
Shapeshifting TAKEN
Hydrokinesis TAKEN
Pressure Manipulation TAKEN
Nitikinesis TAKEN

CHOOSE 1 OF 3
Invisibility TAKEN
Elasticity TAKEN
Healing Light TAKEN
Communication with Sea Creatures TAKEN

SIRENS
CHOOSE 1 OF 3
Siren Song TAKEN
Replication TAKEN
Supernatural Beauty TAKEN

Hollow Skeleton TAKEN
Prehensile Venomous Tongue TAKEN

CHOOSE 1 OF 3
Venomous Claw Retraction TAKEN
Teleportation TAKEN

Sound Amplification TAKEN
Paralysis Inducement TAKEN
Atmokinesis TAKEN

code by pasta | co-gm is pulpfiction pulpfiction

Last edited:

ELIJAH RIDDLE. THE KEEPER.

FULL NAME. ELIJAH LANDON RIDDLE
AGE. TWENTY-FOUR
GENDER. MALE
SPECIES. HUMAN
ROLE. THE KEEPER
SEXUALITY. BISEXUAL

HEIGHT. 6'0
BODY TYPE. BROAD-SHOULDERED, TALL
VOICE. DEEP & TRANQUIL
BODY MODS. EAR LOBE PIERCINGS
DIST. FEATURES. PROMINENT CHEEKBONES

— REQUISITE

POSITIVE TRAITS. Responsible - Considerate - Humble - Courageous - Perservant
NEGATIVE TRAITS. Secretive - Aloof - Stubborn - Dry - Critical
LIKES. Sailing - Reading - Cats - Sunsets - Coffee - Pickles - Listening to the ocean - Wine
DISLIKES. Seagulls - Crowds - Violence - Having his picture taken - Being the center of attention - Loud children - Tomatoes
QUIRKS. Tugs on his dreadlocks when focused - Clicks his tongue - Horribly heavy sleeper - Hates leaving doors open - Pretty much nocturnal
FEARS. Fire - Weapons
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MERFOLK? "Do you believe in Santa Clause? There's your answer."
— PERSONA

BACKSTORY
Elijah Riddle's name suited him well; "riddle" - a mystifying, misleading, or puzzling question posed as a problem to be solved or guessed. Conundrum, puzzle, paradox, all of these words make up the impossible enigma that is Elijah's life, and all of that unfortunate events that have occured in it, starting with the man with the secrets himself; Gabriel Riddle, the Keyholder and the Keeper.

In the eye of the public, Gabriel could do no wrong. Owner of the lighthouse, the sailing boats, father of the fishing business and loyal protector to the people of Lachrymose, Gabriel was a man with a reputation to keep, a grand public figure with a winning smile and only the most comforting of wise words. If only that facade were truly what lay behind that mask of his.

A mere few years after Elijah's birth in the midsts of his mothers postpartum depression, hiding away behind locked doors and bottles of pills, Martin, soon to be "Mars", was brought into the picture. Too young to put two and two together, Elijah lived in the blissful ignorance believing Mars to be his full-blooded brother for the following years of his life, unaware of the disgusting truth that had yet to reveal itself.

His infancy and childhood were dreary, repetitive cycles of pressure to excel at school, watching for hours and hours over his father's work as his apprentice, learning to stand straight and bite his tongue at a young age, unlike his brother who had never had the same responsibilities thrust upon him, which Elijah quietly envied from a distance following his father's orders who did everything in his power to pit the two brothers against each other, favoring Elijah and his quiet, submissive nature.

In his early adolesence, Elijah continued down the path his father had laid out for him. Hours of training, toil and labor, learning how to speak properly, how to dress, how to answer or not answer questions. While kids his age were drinking and partying, he spent his nights up at the lighthouse, tending to oil lamps and clockwork mechanics, learning morse code and polishing lenses. The following years were lonely, and they would continue to be. It wasn't until Elijah turned eighteen that everything took a turn. Awarded with the town keys to all businesses his father was connected to, Elijah began to spend more time in the City Hall, reading through old newspapers and journalism articles to appease his boredom, when a file under the name "MARIAH RIDDLE" caught his eye.

Mariah Riddle, sister of Gabriel Riddle, deceased at age thirty-seven. Cause of death; suicide, hanged. Confused by this, Elijah sought out the rest of his family files, only to find his mother's was missing. Falling deeper into the hole, for the first time, Elijah went behind his father's back, digging to find the answer to this unsolved mystery. After weeks of careful research, it finally clicked, and Elijah couldn't have been more horrified. His brother, well, half-brother, was in the fact the result of incest.

He said nothing. He buried the files right where he'd found them and left no trace. He could never know. He could never tell him. Never.

Proceeding his high school graduation, Elijah was quick to move out of his parent's house with not so much as a word to his half-brother, bearing his own small apartment in a solitary dark corner near the bay so he could set off to the lighthouse whenever needed or desired. What a lonely life it has been, he'd think to himself sometimes while tending to his wicks. To this day he still lurks in twilight, only coming out when the sun sets to set sail to his isolated lighthouse, aloof and indifferent to the world around him.
THEME SONG
The xx - Crystalised
FAMILY
Gabriel Riddle | Father | Alive
Martin Riddle | Half-Brother | Alive
Sylvia Riddle | Mother | Alive
Mariah Riddle | Aunt | Deceased | Suicide
MISC.
— HISTORY

code by: diaphanous

Last edited:

NATHAN MORTE. THE PIRATE.

FULL NAME. NATHANIEL XAVIER MORTEVELT
AGE. 383
GENDER. MALE
SPECIES. MERMAID
ROLE. THE PIRATE
SEXUALITY. HETEROSEXUAL

HEIGHT. 6'2
BODY TYPE. TALL & SLENDER
VOICE. HEAVY & TAUNTING
BODY MODS. NONE
DIST. FEATURES. DROOPY, BLUE EYES
UNDERWATER FORM. SEAFOAM GREEN TAIL, CYCLOID SCALES, WEBBED POINTED EARS

— REQUISITE

POSITIVE TRAITS. Witty - Charismatic - Observant - Benevolent - Comical
NEGATIVE TRAITS. Dark-Humored - Cocky - Impatient - Blunt - Mischevious
LIKES. Pickpocketing - Fencing - Anything shiny - Pianos - Yo-Yo's - Cigarettes
DISLIKES. Authority - When people pee in the ocean - Sand (esp. getting it into places it shouldn't be) - Body odor - Conformity - Tofu - The color yellow - Killjoys
QUIRKS. Walks with his feet sticking outwards - Twitches his eyes and fingers - Never brushes his hair - Constantly fidgeting - Collects coins and rolls them between his knuckles - Has a violent sneeze
FEARS. Eels - Needles
ABILITIES. Elasticity & Nitikinesis
OPINION ON YOUR SPECIES? Believes most Mermaids are full of shit and putting on a facade of being good and superior to others for their supposed selflessness, doesn't particularly dislike nor like them but does go out of his way to tease them.
OPINION ON SIRENS? Generally tends to not think very fondly of Sirens, finds them to be too serious and can be truly vile for sinister, selfish reasons. Does not judge them all despite the majority that he's met but tends to be wary in their presence.
OPINION ON HUMANS? Has been absorbed by the human world for the past few decades, loves to spend time on land and learn more and more about humans but is also aware that like Merfolk they are nothing near perfect and many times perhaps worse.
— PERSONA

BACKSTORY
Nathaniel was born to Maraja and Havelock Mortevelt, the reigning royal family of the Kingdom of one of the seven oceans in the early 1600's. Being born a monarch came with many advantages; wealth, luxury, grandeur, privilege. However as with many tragic stories of rich sovereigns, supreme power came with supreme responsibility, and unlike his younger sister Nereida who would come along a mere five years later, Nathaniel did not share the same poise and mannerisms expected of him to follow in the footsteps of his bloodline.

Loud, fidgety, careless, naturally what to anticipate from a child. Although his father, the King, tried for many years with many counselors and mentors to shape him into the man the Queen wanted him to be, all attemps were futile in the end. His mother grew frustrated, his father weary, while his sister quietly continued to stack books on her head and learn to play the violin.

In the following years, Nathaniel grew to become isolated from his family, exiled due to shame and disappointment. Growing up he spent more time sleeping at his friend's houses and other random places wherever he could find, scavenging for pearls and shiny artifacts despite having a mound of them in his home, however those never appealed to him. The banishment from the royal family never bothered Nathaniel until he was in his young adult years and his father passed away, leaving his mother to rule the ocean with his sister proudly by his side. That was when everything changed.

Maraja Mortevelt was no weeping widow, as soon as the jurisdiction of the Kingdom fell on her lap, everything Havelock had spent hundreds of years building, was crushed in the palm of her hand. Classism, prejudice, violence, slavery, Maraja set the Mermaids back decades under her regime with Nereida proudly by her side, waltzing to her every whim. Unaware of his mother's tactics from his newfound fascination with travelling to the human world, it was one day that Nathaniel came back to his home to find that everything he'd held sacred had been destroyed. Infuriated, Nathaniel stormed to the Palace and demanded that the Queen retrace her steps and return the ocean into the peaceful place it once was. The Queen stripped Nathaniel of his royal blood and had him banished from the Palace, to which Nereida did not object. From that moment on, he was no longer Nathaniel Mortevelt, heir to the throne. He was Nathan Morte, whose Robin Hood days would soon begin.

Having had sneaked around the royal Palace and explored every dark corner for years, Nathan knew just how to get what he wanted, whenever he wanted it. But the jewels and the money stored away in his prior home were of no use to him, he wanted justice. He began small, stealing food from businesses that worked for the Queen and giving it to the poor, then he moved on to clothing, then tools, materials, fundamentalities to start a living, he wanted to end the division of social classes for good. He became a hero, he was praised across the ocean for overcoming the wicked ways of his mother and devoting his life and his heart to those less fortunate than him. However, you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Nathan lost his way in his blaze of glory and fame. He found himself committing crime for his own selfish reasons, robbing for greed and vain, leading riots in his name against the monarchy no longer from a place of equality, but wrath and revenge. The folk followed him as he grew an army to take down the Queen, because they believed in him, however they could not have made a bigger mistake. The takedown of the Mortevelt Palace was a tragic catastrophe that ended in the death and later execution of hundreds. Nathan was arrested and held in the Palace for weeks while the Higher Court debated his punishment for the crimes he'd committed and the chaos he'd brought upon the Kingdom.

The night before his planned execution, his sister visited him.

It was the first time Nathan and Nereida had seen each other in years, decades even. However she did not speak a word as she unlocked his cell and ushered him to leave as quickly and as far away as possible. He begged her to come with him, knowing fully the consequences that would proceed her for letting a prisoner escape, but she shook her head and placed a white pendant necklace in his palm. Before he could open it, they heard the clamor of the guards coming to retrieve him from his cell. Nereida turned away and he swam and swam and kept on swimming until he made it to land, not looking back once. Exhausted and agitated, he struggled onto a rock with waves crashing against it and with shaky fingers opened the pendant his sister had given him. Two pictures of two small children resided inside it.

That was the last he ever saw of her. He spent the next several years exploring different lands, running away from the people he'd let down, until he turned two hundred years old and went back to the Kingdom for one last visit. No one saw him as he plunged a trident through the Queen's stomach, or as he slithered away, back into the depths of the ocean, returning to his stray ways for the next hundreds and hundreds of years of his life to come.

Alone.
THEME SONG
Of Monsters and Men - Black Water
FAMILY
Havelock Mortevelt | Father | Deceased | Illness
Maraja Mortevelt | Mother | Deceased | Stabbed by trident
Nereida Mortevelt | Sister | Deceased | Executed
MISC.
— HISTORY

Last edited:
scroll

run away with me

eli mare

Eli, The Ariel
sexuality: bisexual
species: mermaid

Personality
APPEARANCE: eli has long curly hair that is a warm orange color. Her face is covered in freckles and her eyes are olive.
HEIGHT: 5'5"
BODY TYPE: her body has a few curves that she is proud of and has wiry muscles from swimming every day.
VOICE: her voice is light and melodic and she can't make her voice any lower which makes it hard for people to understand if she'd mad or under the weather.
BODY MODS. n/a
DIST. FEATURES: her tail has a few scales missing that never grew back near her waist.
UNDERWATER FORM: Her tail is a deep copper color that darkens near the bottom of the tail.

PERSONA
POSITIVE TRAITS
-ebullient
-inquisitive
-adventurous
-benevolent
-allocentric
NEGATIVE TRAITS
-childish
-gullible
-compulsive
-aloof
-meddlesome

-land
-humans
-underwater caves

DISLIKES
-sugary foods & drinks
-swimming pools
-dogs
-alcohol

QUIRKS (3+)
-collects items of interest
-Regularly looks up at the sky to check the position of the sun, moon, and or stars
-Speaks in a higher pitched voice when nervous or scared
FEARS (2+)
-Having to stay in the water forever
-Loving a human who won't love her back
OPINION ON YOUR SPECIES? "I love them and all but they just want me to stay with them because they dont want me to get hurt out there on the land. They seem kind of...cowardly. I could get hurt in the ocean and on land, why not explore the place I've never been and take some risks?"
OPINION ON SIRENS?
"I've never really met one but they're probably more fun than mermaids. They want to hurt humans though, or at least that's what I've heard. It's probably not true."
OPINION ON HUMANS?
"Their world seems so exciting and new. Their world is teeming with color and adventure and I wish more than anything to be a part of that. I just want to have a human companion who i can explore every corner of the world with."
ABILITIES: Hydrokinesis & Healing light

Biography
(sorry my bios are always like stupid mini stories, lmao)
Eli had always been peculiar, but it mostly was all her uncle’s doing. Her mother had her after her father was killed some months previous and she was placed under her uncle’s care after her mother was too depressed to care for the infant. She too passed on and soon it was the two of them against the world. Her uncle’s home was an old ship wreck that he claimed was his lover’s who had perished on it years ago. Eli knew nothing of ships or the surface and so listened to his tales of the world above like how a foreigner listens to the rapid speech of an American. Her uncle was often seen as a looney bin thanks to his love for human knick-knacks that he had lying around. Eli preferred swimming with dolphins and hunting for pearls that she could weave in nets and wear like a dress. There was no one her age willing to be friends thanks to her uncle and she soon began resenting her uncle for it.
She was 13 when she surfaced for the first time and only because she had been fleeing some sharks that had gotten into a feeding frenzy. She ended up near the beach and was in awe of the sky and scenery. She didn’t notice a girl making her way over and was stunned when she spoke.
“Hey! This is private prop- are you naked?” The girl’s words cut through the air and Eli tensed up as she regarded the human, her eyes running over her legs until they finally settled on her face. The girl was quite tall and had very light skin that the sun seemed to be roasting, making her arms and shoulders as red as her fiery hair. Eli had always wanted hair like hers. Eli didn’t reply and instead sunk under the waves and swam back home as fast as she could. She could feel her excitement when she thought back on what happened and couldn’t stop herself from going back the same time the next day. She found the girl already waiting for her, this time sitting almost in the water near the shore. The girl didn’t look up but continued scooping up the sand and piling it on her legs.
“You gave me a fright. You must be an amazing swimmer, just vanishing underwater like that. I thought or sure you drowned.” Eli stayed silent as the girl said some more.
“You’re not even allowed here. I’m just letting you stay because i’m bored out of my mind. My mum is a wet blanket, always with the baby. There’s no one my age on this entire island. I’d rather stay in school if my summer is going to be this horrid.”
“What’s a blanket?” The girl’s head snapped up so fast that Eli almost dove underwater out of fear. She instead saw a victorious grin.
“I knew you could talk. English too, not like those yappy Polish folks. My mum says im Irish and actually adopted but that’s because of my hair. She says it’s what gives me such a temper.” The girl was an extreme talker herself and Eli could relax in the water while the other talked for hours on end. She’d sometimes explain things before Eli even had to ask. She seemed to think Eli was an escaped from an asylum and hadn’t any connection with the outside world until she escaped through the sewers and swam so long she forgot how to walk. It was an interesting theory and Eli didn’t feel like arguing so there it was.
Eli visited everyday and sometimes Veronica (she said she hated her name and would rather be named after the Queen or something) would be there. Her uncle would say nothing when she zoomed out of the house every day at the same time. His face seemed kind of wistful, but she never commented on it. She brought little gifts, but soon found Veronica didn't have the same taste as her. The pearl the size of her eyeball caused the tilt of a head while a rusty harpoon caused two hours of of whooping and imitation of Captain Ahab (Eli was Moby Dick in this case. It was very confusing). Veronica left when the cold weather set in and Eli’s life would return to meandering about the ocean. Her uncle would try to cheer her up with his stories that now made sense after her new knowledge of the world above and she listened in.
Years passed and Veronica came every year without fail. She’d race to the shore still in her boarding school uniform out of breath and find Eli waiting for her without fail. Sometimes her hair was short and choppy or her makeup weird (apparently she was a bit of a rebel) but she was still the same person Eli adored. The two grew up but not once did Veronica ever question the other’s strange predicament. Eli had a hunch she knew but didn’t want to say it just to keep some mystery about. Eli looked the same and the only thing changing was her view of the human world. Each story made her wish she could follow Veronica back to the giant house she described with the giant porch and tree with a rope swing. It wasn’t until Eli was 18 and the two were eating brownies Veronica’s mother had baked while the hot July sun burned on them and Veronica was ranting when Eli realized she loved her. She didn’t know much about it except from her uncle but only when he spoke of the history behind the boat they lived in and the brown-eyed beauty that took her last ride on it after capturing her uncle’s heart. He called it love but only saw her briefly once before finding the shipwreck with the same name. She probably wasn’t even dead but Eli didn’t dare saying anything to her uncle. This, however, was love for sure. She never got to say anything. Veronica was old enough to be married off and was busy with her life and if she did stop by the beach it was usually with a boy and they had other interests in mind. The mermaid knew a lost cause when she saw one and soon returned to her normal activities even know her longing for the land and the girl she thought she’d travel it with.
Eli joined a pod after her uncle passed and soon got into the way of things. She always wanted to return to land but wasn’t sure if she would make it. Every year or so she’d go back to the island once on the first of July and stay there for the day and leave in the morning. Eli was around 94 years old when she saw her first glance of the girl she’d seen all those years ago. She was sitting on the beach with a white linen dress, not caring about the sand on it. She was staring in the distance as if in a dream but the faint splash of Eli trying to propel herself further onto shore caught her attention. Veronica gave her a warm look. There was no words were exchanged, even when Eli dragged herself closer to Veronica saw the gleaming tail which caused a small smile to slip onto her face. When they did start talking it was whispers as if they were among a crowd and had the most important things to say. Eli left when Veronica’s family came to get her so they could leave and Eli returned to her pod with a sense of peace. She stopped visiting the island , Veronica wouldn’t be there again. Eli carried the other’s words with her wherever she went, however. She’d explore the world for the both of them.

theme

code by pasta

Last edited:

original.gif
7bc6903a8dcde22e640f3d7d4f9eed02.png

31e31e28e93c3f504a74e97c79cfe3d4.png
"meet me where the sky touches the sea,
wait for me where the world begins"
tumblr_mlwubnEQaJ1s8jdsxo5_250.gif
tumblr_mlwubnEQaJ1s8jdsxo1_250.gif
NAME: dilara aylin [aelin] aslan
AGE 1100
SEXUALITY: bisexual
ROLE: the romantic
SPECIES: siren

9a20e783d9a8eb88d05df46788b28249.png
tumblr_inline_o4310dXjhK1qlt39u_250.gif
tumblr_inline_o4310sW9qW1qlt39u_250.gif
HEIGHT: five feet and four inches
BODY TYPE: athletic build
VOICE: imogen poot
BODY MODS: N/A
DIST. FEATURES: her vibrant naturally wavy sun-kissed blonde hair and bright ocean blue eyes
UNDERWATER FORM: un | deux

c22d255d13e9b63ad559ea44acf26f15.png
tumblr_inline_nhfpdnluWC1t6da4c.gif
giphy.gif
POSITIVE TRAITS: witty, clever, compassionate, driven and motivated, honest, steadfast, risk-taker, imaginative, discreet, playful and mischievous, femme fatale, intelligent, independent, perceptive and observant, care-free, loving and passionate, optimistic [tries to be], mysterious - an enigma, approachable to a certain extent, romantic and dreamer
NEGATIVE TRAITS: holds grudges, loves too much and cares too often, reckless and foolish, meddlesome, snarky, opinionated, emotional and sensitive, bitter [eventually], hardheaded, vengeful, curious, "crazy" or "insane" [thinks differently than her own kin - heretic | heathen], sassy, uncontrollable, "bitchy" [eventually], selfish, cares too much how others perceive her, easily influenced, defensive and untrusting, tempermental
LIKES: "movies", the human world, being free, following her own rules, swimming, adventure, happy-endings, spontaneity, being alone - not needing others - doing what she wants,
DISLIKES: showing weakness or vulnerability, relying on others, being treated like a nuisance or a "disgrace", being misunderstood and judged, trapped and enclosed spaces, being controlled
QUIRKS: she tends to clean her tail at least twice a day. dilara tends to count to calm her nerves when she's mad or anxious. she keeps collections of things she finds in the human world - especially magazines or statues.
FEARS: dying without a cause, dying with regret, and dying knowing she didn't get her happily ever after. she fears losing herself - especially losing who she is due to either her parents or because someone broke her heart.
OPINION ON YOUR SPECIES?: "are they really my kin if they do not accept me? i don't believe in the ways of their trickery and cruelty - especially in regards to other species. getting along would never be on the path of my kin - but at least tolerating one another could work. leave the others be and focus on ourselves."
OPINION ON MERMAIDS?: "if i had the chance, i would love to engross myself in their way of life, their society and culture. it is quite different than my kin. i have yet to befriend a mermaid, but perhaps it is only because i am a siren that we avoid such things. i am sure the mermaids have as much hatred towards my kin as my kin has towards them. how unfortunate."
OPINION ON HUMANS?: "interesting creatures they are. they don't have tails such as my kin and the mermaids. they walk on two . . what's the word? legs? whatever it is, their form of entertainment only makes me curioser and curioser. i have only just learned that there could be something called 'a happy ending'. i want that for myself too."
ABILITIES: atmokinesis and siren song

379a358204e8c4e9601d396e44a98d54.png
tumblr_inline_o43100sj891qlt39u_250.gif
tumblr_inline_o430zqWDz11qlt39u_250.gif
BACKSTORY: born into an influential family that was second in-line to the throne, underneath the royals, dilara canaan was born to tamerlane aslan and kimiya aslan. kimiya was the youngest sister of the deceased queen that had passed many years ago. tamerlane and kimiya rose in status, maintaining their pristine image - controlling their lands for resource and order. they were loyal to the royal family, bending their will to meet the royal family's every need. the aslan family were well-doted on by the royal family as they were trusted with responsibilities in keeping each and every siren in check. tamerlane, despite being a duke, held the status of a warrior - being part of the armed forced of the sea. dilara's mother, on the other hand, was a woman that demanded respect - not allowing anyone to undermine her authority.

when dilara was born, her parents were indeed disappointed. they had wish she had been a boy as he could have performed knightly duties and been useful in serving the royal family. tamerlane and kimiya had been ideals and goals in mind if they had a son. however, it seemed fate weren't on their side and had cursed them with a daughter. nevertheless, kimiya was strict on her child, never allowing her out of her sight until dilara was ready to be "introduced" into society. dilara was basically locked inside her own room for most of her childhood. her mother taught her how to swim, how to talk, how to present herself, and most of all how to act and behave in front of not only the public eye but in private quarters with the royal family. her father, on the other hand, told dilara of the dangers of the merfolk and the humans. tamerlane and kimiya had continuously tried to engrave the ideals of hating the other species and making sure she knew the sirens were on top of the food chain and that others should bend to their will. tamerlane taught his daughter self-defense and how to play tricks and punish those who try to get at her.

however, as time passed, dilara found herself being at odds with herself. she found herself growing utterly bored of the same routines over and over again and the same nagging lectures her parents would give her. at one point, she even dared asked what was the point of the feud between the other species and what was so bad about them. of course, they only caused her to get thrown deep down in the trenches to think back on her mistakes and all of the lectures she was given since she could talk. instead of being obedient, dilara decided to sneak off one night - wanting to find adventure in the big, wide ocean waters. but, as she snuck off, she hadn't realised she was being followed and it was in that moment she met her uncle gerald and aunt marilyn. her uncle and aunt had been coming home from a trip - coming back from one of the other seven seas with news for the royal family. however, because her aunt and uncle had traveled far and wide around the ocean, dilara was sucked into stories of their adventures around the world. she absolutely loved hearing about the different cultures, different environment, and most of all different creatures her aunt and uncle were able to meet and experience. it was because of her aunt and uncle that dilara became enthralled with the idea of studying more of the lore of merfolks and best of all - humans.

but, the more she spent with her aunt and uncle, the more dilara distanced herself from her parents. she started to view the world in her own perspective, being able to form her own thoughts and ideas rather than following blindly in her parent's footsteps. whenever her aunt and uncle came back from their trip, they made sure to bring back small little souvenirs for her - wanting her to be part of their memories as well. in fact, they encouraged her to go along with them but of course, her parents refused and denied such request. nevertheless, the year she turned 500 - a stepping stone that she had been alive for almost half a thousand year, her parents threw her a huge celebration in honor of her. they wanted dilara to be able to meet other sirens to get rid of any thoughts her aunt and uncle have plagued her with. of course, dilara was excited to meet more than just her relatives, but actually other sirens her age!

but, who would have ever thought that things wouldn't have gone the way she hoped? dilara was just too . . . different compared to those her age. she had her head stuck in the clouds - being rebellious and mischevious, thinking of otherworldly thoughts than staying back down in the little bubbles. by mistake, dilara spoke out against one of her acquaintances when they spoke badly of her aunt and uncle and how her relatives were seen as kelp beneath their fins. of course, that angered dilara, causing quite a mess in which dilara had no control over - especially when it dealt with her special abilities. her emotions were a whirlwind and she wouldn't forgive those who spoke badly about those she cared about. she didnt care if her perspectives were different than her acquaintances but what she did care about was the uncalled for rumours and ugly gossip of her family members. so, she took matters into her own hands, practically causing almost a strain between her family and another noble family.

because of dilara's action, she was locked away - again, but the only hope she had was the fact that her aunt and uncle would come and visit her. days went by and she hoped to see them - but they never showed. a hundred more years passed and she finally turned 600 and since then dilara felt as if she had a hole in her heart. her parents had tried to look for their lost relatives but to no avail. she had sent letters after letters but no words were presented of her missing family members. but, when she thought all hope was lost, she spotted an all too familiar tail. it was her uncle! without a second thought, dilara flung herself to her uncle, quickly hugging him as she missed him so much. however, she didnt recieve the same warm hug or greeting in return. instead, she was given the cold shoulder and had been brushed off. uncle gerald had never been . . .no, not when dilara found out that aunt marilyn had passed away due to an attack by humans. ever since then, uncle gerald never smiled, visited, or told stories to dilara - he rarely even faced her, really.

her parents, on the other hand, could only give her a knowing look that she must not trust humans and to get rid of all the souvenir and "trophies" that she had gotten from her aunt. her mum had almost begged her to get those foolish thoughts out of her head and disciplined her once more - for her safety. dilara felt suffocated as time went on and every day seemed to become colorless and less. . . well. . .fun. she had nothing to look forward to and she could only wish or imagine in a dream of getting a chance to get close enough to a happier ending for not only herself but her family. dilara had heard rumors of humans and their treacherous ways and although her aunt would have scolded her to think of such thoughts. . . how could she not when they had harmed her aunt? an innocent siren that only wanted to try to get along with folks who didn't understand them.

dilara felt lost and rather out of bounds. she felt as if she didnt have anywhere to go. dilara had no path and no guidance and could only obediently and quietly listen to her parents. she wanted something more than the dullness of an unfitting life she was given. there must be something more out there.

FAMILY
alive:
Tamerlane Aslan [father]
Kimiya Aslan [mother]
Gerald Canaan [uncle]
deceased
Marilyn Canaan [aunt]

THEME SONG: devil in me by halsey

Last edited:
  • Ignacio Lake
    qZJHgZ4.jpg
    NKlUl8V.jpg
    name Ignacio Lake
    age twenty one
    gender cis male
    sexuality heterosexual
    nationality american
    human species
    biologist role
    iggy nickname
    gemini star sign
    23 may '72 birthday
code by taesthetic

f3a3bebd515e3fa30a849df7235f8181.png

ocean-tumblr-background-9617.jpg
BrandonThreadPic1_zpssslvepzz.png
1431394341376599_s100.png
name: talon edward venice age: 2987 sexuality: pansexual role: the mischief gender: cis-male species: siren

I don't care

height: 5 feet and 12 inches
voice: sam smith
body type: muscular and athletic
body mods: piercings, two tattoos
distinguishing features: his piercings, and his blonde curly hair
underwater form: x - x
tumblr_nddas4jCbw1r2vq5wo1_250.png

About Right or Wrong

2115233_orig.png

tumblr_n6avl05Vkm1smqfiko1_250.jpg
positive traits: < brave, loyal when one has earned it, protective, adventurous, intelligent, observant, jokester, charming.>
negative traits: < anger, untrusting, stubborn, troublemaker, sarcastic, loner, mischevious, blunt, and reckless >
dislikes: < sweets, pizza, working with others, being good, smoking, pollution, and dirty water. >
likes: < spicy foods, trouble, being aloof, causing trouble, tea, clean oceans, and humans >
quirks: < dodges personal questions by deflecting it back on them, bites lips, and hums when thinking. >
fears: < to lose people he loves, and to hurt the people he cares about. >​

11245010_827469233974802_1880714128_n.jpg

I just care about

opinion on your species? "My opinion? I think they are crazy. They don't see the fun in things, they only see the boring take over everything. Humans are fun to mess with. Sometimes they are even fun to be friends with."

opinion on mermaids: "They might be seen as the heroes or the saviors of human kind but i know that under neath that fake ass outer shell is a little bit of evil. If they intend to act on it, that's up to them. I don't really give a flying shit. Unless it's messing with my fun. "

opinions on humans? "They are very much fun to mess with. Sometimes I even take as far as befriended them. I don't care if they are suppose to be a lower kind then us. Some of them are actually cool, even more so some of them are hilarious to laugh at. "

abilities: hollow skeleton, and paralysis inducement​
74d83ee37e776345bef13b5c0c6beffa--fashion-blogs-net-fashion.jpg
tumblr_oymfqvm5331rd2db0o2_250.jpg
Tumblr-quotes-about-friendship-ending-1.png

Having fun

0c3d226e1b08265817bd585e876d3b66--nice-face-portrait-photos.jpg
tumblr_n1net54tzt1rm0nkno1_250.jpg
tumblr_n8el0672xG1rti241o1_250.jpg
tumblr_o9yk0shjnl1t4uomio1_250.png
tumblr_odhapaF6Hw1sqj6e9o5_250.png

backstory: Talon was different. he knew that from the moment he came to understand his world, and his clan. He was different. He didn't care that he was suppose to be the superior species to humans or mermaids. All he cared about was having fun. His parents were different, solid supporters of what the clan was doing and what their future plans were. They barely noticed him, and when they did was only cause of the trouble he caused or something wrong he did. He felt like the only time he was noticed was when he was making trouble. So he made a lot of trouble. It started off as little pranks and snowballed into thought out plans. As he grew older, he began to think less and less of how it would get his parents to notice and more and more on how fun it was.

But even that didn't stop him from trying to get their attention. When he was almost 2980, his parents finally snapped. They screamed and screamed at him to get with the program, and that humans were nothing but little weaklings and didn't deserve the earth or the oceans. He sat there and took it and when they were done. He told him simply, he was leaving. Talon still wanted their attention and he wanted them to come after him. But they never did. After he got settled into the human world, he started making trouble instantly. Pranks, anything he could do. He hoped that all this trouble would get back to his parents, and finally see him instead of ignoring his existence.

family: mom and pops - npc - stays underwater.

theme song: xxx

misc. n/a

clipart-quotes-tumblr-7.jpg

Last edited:

marina isobel garcia
she's so hard to please, but she's a forest fire

requisite

NAME ;; marina isobel garcia.
NICKNAME ;; usually nina, guppie by her family.
AGE ;; twenty three.
GENDER ;; cisgender female.
SEXUALITY ;; bisexual.
ROLE ;; the athlete.
SPECIES ;; human.

HEIGHT ;; five foot, seven inches.
BODY TYPE ;; athletic, slightly curvy.
VOICE ;; velvety and smooth. (xxx)
ACCENT ;; spanish.
BODY MODS ;; neck tattoo.
DIST. FEATURES ;; keeps her hair in a tight braid.

persona and relations

VIRTUES ;; dauntless / energetic / adventurous / determined / loyal.
VICES ;; strong-headed / sailor's mouth / sarcastic / disorganised / reckless.
LIKES ;; baking / braids / swimming / late nights / spanish tv novellas.
DISLIKES ;: arrogance / rap music / heels / early mornings / loosing things.
QUIRKS ;; constantly keeps her hair in a braid, especially when swimming / quotes old sayings from her grandmother / rolls hers hands into fists and often causes scratches from her nails digging into her skin.
FEARS ;; betrayal and the dark.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MERFOLK ;; “like my grandmama always said, believe in the unbelievable otherwise what’s point of living? so yeah, i do.”

history and trivia

BACKSTORY ;; nina was born to a single teen mother, rosa, on the outskirt of puerto vallatara. the mother and daughter duo lived with rosa's parents right on the beach, nina's mother dropped out of highschool at the age of seventeen to care for her child with the help of her parents. the first two years of nina's life was joyful; spending every afternoon outside swimming in the crystal sea and playing with the white sand. nina's grandmother would bake cookies and treats, her grandfather would recount the tales of his time being a doctor and her mother would stand far away with a cigarette in hand. by the time nina turned three, her mother suffered from a heart attack, induced by her addiction from smoking. with no one else to care for nina, rosa's parents took custody of the child.

yet the death of nina's mother didn't affect her, she was too young to remember her mother. nina’s childhood was normal and uneventful, spending her days being homeschooled and swimming in the beach until nightime. when nina turned sixteen, her grandparents sent her to the local highschool. nina struggled to fit in with the other kids and often ditched school to spend time wandering around the town, especially towards the beach.

she dropped out of school by the time she was seventeen and a half to earn her diving license, and worked as a waitress for another three years. nina moved to alaska with little english knowledge, her savings from working and a passion for swimming, hoping someone would hire a high school drop out.

FAMILY ;;
> rosa garcia - mother - deceased.
> camila garcia - grandmother - alive.
> mario garcia - grandfather - alive.
THEME SONG ;; liability - lorde.

coding by: diaphanous

78C33BCC-DF1E-4924-835A-9344FB33023A.jpeg

Last edited:

☄​

Calypso Jin "CJ" Uhgeum || 428 || Male​

REQUISITE

SEXUALITY; Homosexual
ROLE; The Underdog
SPECIES; Mermaid

APPEARANCE

HEIGHT; 5'6"
BODY TYPE; Ectomorph
VOICE; Airy & tender
BODY MODS; N/A
DIST. FEATURES; Large mole on his left cheek, thick scar on either side of his right bicep
UNDERWATER FORM; Pale blue-gray tail and fins, placoid scales and sharp serrated teeth. He's about fourteen feet long in his underwater form, his lower half resembling that of the average Great White.

PERSONA

POSITIVE TRAITS; -Patient -Docile -Perceptive -Protective -Intuitive
NEGATIVE TRAITS; -Vindictive -Aggressive -Petty -Hoarder -Over-bearing
LIKES; -Buttons -Fish hooks - Small shells & stones -Shooting stars -Big waves -Saftey pins -City lights
DISLIKES; -Fishermen -Sea lice -Plastic bags -Cages -Sand -The color purple
QUIRKS; -Often talks to himself -Annoyingly superstitious -Occasionally talks about himself in the 3rd person
FEARS; -The Kraken -The dark -Aliens -Anglerfish
OPINION ON YOUR SPECIES?; CJ reserves his opinion of merfolk, in general, to be uninteresting at best. Mermaids tend to lean more toward being tolerable, but god, do sirens seem a whole lot cooler. Not that CJ would ever admit to that, but it's a truth he has just about fully accepted at this point. However, it's rather apparent that both sides seem to be venturing into territory they have no business in. In CJ's opinion, Mermaids would do better if they just, ahem, stayed in their lane, but disobeying the will of the Captain was not a habit CJ could get used to.
OPINION ON SIRENS?; They're kind of assholes in CJ's opinion, but like stated before, just a smidge cooler than mermaids. Siren's just tend to get on his nerves though, and although they're technically related to mermaids in blood, in no way would he ever get friendly with them.
OPINION ON HUMANS?; What a quaint and foolish race, with such little regard for their destructive actions. There are many aspects of the human world that CJ finds absolutely captivating (Like cities and fireworks and buttons), but on the other hand, he feels resentful to humans for monopolizing the Earth, and still actively contribute to its future demise.
ABILITIES; Pressure manipulation & Invisibility

HISTORY

BACKSTORY;
FAMILY;
THEME SONG;
MISC.;

[/dv]

Last edited:

2rc73o1.png
2b8a9f3a70d9220a279fccd59937e85f.png

dce2188e355be96a66540361031579e1.png
34hgjg2.png
NAME: Esther Darling
SEXUALITY: Pansexual
ROLE: The Puppeteer
SPECIES: Siren

HEIGHT: 5'8"
BODY TYPE: Tall, slender
VOICE: Low and husky
BODY MODIFICATIONS: N/A
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Prominent cheekbones and jawline
UNDERWATER FORM: Blood red tail, sharp incisors, placoid scales, gills on neck

e7af1f916fb8a4dd903cb8d5ca063647.png
Zhenya-Katava-Aura-Mugler.jpg

POSITIVE TRAITS: Intense - Brazen - Curious - Persuasive - Sociable
NEGATIVE TRAITS: Narcissistic - Self-serving - Meddlesome - Dense/Insensitive - Manipulative
DISLIKES: Children, cars, enclosed spaces, cooking
QUIRKS: Whistles while walking - Checks her reflection in the water - Drawls her words - Almost never breaks eye contact
POWERS: Supernatural beauty & Venomous claw retraction
FEARS: The Wicked Siren
OPINION ON SIRENS?
Generally thinks highly of other sirens, more so out of vanity (what with her being a siren herself), really, rather than wanting to uphold the solidarity among her species. Believes sirens should do what sirens are supposed to do, and therefore thinks she's the perfect example of her kind as she embodies the very role.
OPINION ON MERMAIDS?
Thinks they're all quite patronizing or astonishingly uptight, or both. Finds their seemingly universal sense of nobility irritating and boring at the same time, but that doesn't stop her from meddling with their affairs.
OPINION ON HUMANS?
They're her favorite playthings. She quite likes the idea of them being unaware of the existence of Merfolk, and she finds their oblivion a comical yet almost endearing thing. Believes they're all quite gullible and does not uttrly despise them as others of her kind might, but still thinks them all idiots, really.

2538136d122d5d31e4edcc2309a73821.png
LqJGkGI.png

BACKSTORY:
Growing up, Esther had thought herself special. She had been given the gift of magnetizing beauty, and she always knew she would amount to much greater things than the people around her. Having been born into a family of uncouth, cheap, and tasteless proles who seemed perfectly content with where they stood in the world, she quite frankly never understood how the people around her seemed to revel in their mediocrity. However, in spite of the daring thoughts that circulated in her head, she was always reserved and did nothing to intensify the power which she held, even when she knew how to enhance her capabilities. The elitist in her held only a single person in her life to the highest esteem: her father, Elowen Darling. It had been her and her father against her mother and against the world, always watching others from afar and speaking to each other with mischievous eyes and knowing smiles.

However, as the years came and went, she regarded her gift as more of a blessing than a curse. Esther grew quite weary of the lustful, longing gazes and looked forward to nothing, as her days stretched into years of throbbing dullness in her tired bones. She longed for nothing more than a purpose - and one fateful day her purpose came, as she caught wind of her father's affairs. Rumors had been lingering among the meddlesome creatures of their district for a while, and it was thanks to Esther's initiative that she found the rumors were true: Elowen Darling, the reputable siren and noble father, had become infatuated with one of the humans who meandered about their shores.

And so Esther made it her quest to save her father's honor. One night, Esther swam after him as he hid behind a barnacle-covered rock by the shore. She observed, quite addled, as she watched her father gaze upon the maiden's moonlit face with a curious look in his eyes - a look of longing which she associated with danger. The following nights, she did whatever it took to ensure that that expression would never appear in his eyes again, and subsequently, Esther made herself look more captivating than she ever had. With moonlight woven into her long dark hair and lust in her eyes, she led the human girl into the depths of the sea, who then was never to be seen again.

When Elowen made this discovery, he flew into a fit of rage and banished his daughter from their home, prohibiting her siblings and mother to ever make contact with her again. At the thought of losing ties to her family, however, Esther was not saddened, but was livid upon realizing her favor was not returned with gratitude. She was wronged, she knew, and she wished that her foolish father had lost his abilities as a siren after all. He should have known better, really, than to be so ungrateful and bruise her ego.

Having no home to reside in, Esther became a nomad, traveling through underwater lands and marveling at all the wonders, from modest kelp fields to the largest of marine life she could find. She journeyed with strangers, never again bothering to ebb her beauty, or refrain from luring pitiful humans to their deaths. The power grew quite comfortable in her clutches, and the days never quite felt right if she didn't have someone wrapped around her slender finger. Esther continued her, until eventually, the chaos that the Merfolk had concocted brought her to the shores of Lachrymose.
FAMILY:
Elowen Darling [Father]
Celeste Darling [Mother]
THEME SONG: Human by SEVDALIZA

codedbymeraki.

Last edited:
captain
i. basic information
NAME: Circe Seraphine Alastair

SEXUALITY: Demiromantic Pansexual

ROLE: The Captain
SPECIES: Mermaid
i want to die
ii. appearance
FACE CLAIM: Chesska Hung
VOICE CLAIM: Cara Delevingne

HEIGHT: 5'8" FT.
BODY TYPE: Tall, but round in the abdomen

BODY MODS: Not Applicable
DIST FEATURES: Her freckles

UNDERWATER FORM: i. ;; ii.

i want to die
iii. personality
VICES: Opinionated ;; Stubborn ;; Unapproachable ;; Tyrannical ;; Impatient ;; Devious ;; Compulsive ;; Insecure
VIRTUES: Hardworking ;; Dedicated ;; Observant ;; Intelligent ;; Modest ;; Honest ;; Independent ;; Clever ;; Courageous

QUIRKS:
FEARS:

OPINION ON YOUR SPECIES?
OPINION ON SIRENS?
OPINION ON HUMANS?

ABILITIES:
i want to die
iv. biography
BACKSTORY:

FAMILY:

THEME SONG:

code by arctic

Last edited:
MARTIN BECKHAM RIDDLE
VfuzuCR.png

pbKNg6H.png

REQUISITE
NAME martin beckham riddle. at some point along the road people started calling him mars, so that's what he typically goes by.
AGE twenty years old.
GENDER male.
SEXUALITY heterosexual.
ROLE the mythologist.
SPECIES human.

APPEARANCE
HEIGHT mars is 5'9.5", but typically rounds up to 5'10" when asked.
BODY TYPE he is very thin, but his body is well-toned. he has a somewhat athletic figure from exercising every now and then; mostly just muscles in his arms and calves.
VOICE justice smith.
BODY MODS he has both of his earlobes pierced, as well as a helix piercing on his right ear which he wears a small silver hoop in.
DIST. FEATURES mars's most distinguishing features are his dreadlocks, the dark mole just to the left of his nose, and his clothing style. his sense of fashion is pretty unique that is best described as homeless LA aspiring actor meets underground soundcloud rapper.

PERSONALITY
POSITIVE genuine, honest, trustworthy, humorous, selfless, observant, empathetic, creative,
NEGATIVE gullible, awkward, solitary, clumsy, naive, slow learner, quiet, seemingly apathetic, eccentric, inattentive, absorbed, obsessive,
LIKES mythology, pc games, sketching, fashion, swimming, online forums, books, rainy weather, sleeping, junk food, soda, urban legends, conspiracy theories, folklore, writing, reading, documentaries, people watching, art, jogging, music,
DISLIKES his family, patronization, belittling, skeptical people, the government, being called stupid/crazy/lazy, vegetables, fruits, coffee, humidity, ignorance, birds,
QUIRKS always fidgeting, can't keep eye contact for too long, spaces out during conversations, randomly stares off into the distance, cracks knuckles & neck often,
FEARS never amounting to anything in life, never finding answers to his endless list of questions,
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MERFOLK? well yeah, it's like, why shouldn't i believe in merfolk? ok sure i haven't seen one myself, but there's millions of stories out there and millions of people who have talked about their encounters. i just can't believe that every single one of those people is lying. i think there's such a stigma around believing in merfolk and ghosts and paranormal type shit because their existence would throw off the balance of our society. people would rather be blissfully unaware than uncomfortably mindful.

HISTORY

Last edited:

NO ONE CALLS YOU HONEY
WHEN YOU'RE { SITTING }
ON A

THRONE

LOLA
CASPIAN
HER TEARS TURNS INTO PEARLS IN HER CROWN

NAME ;; lola adele caspian.
AGE ;; two thousand and twenty.
GENDER ;; cisgender female.
SEXUALITY ;; pansexual.
ROLE ;; the wicked.
SPECIES ;; siren.

HEIGHT ;; five foot, nine inches.
BODY TYPE ;; lanky, slender.
VOICE ;; smooth and sugary. (xxx)
ACCENT ;; unknown, sounds belgian.
BODY MODS. ;; none.
DIST. FEATURES ;; her sharp jawline / innocent looks / gold scaley patches right chest, left shoulder and left hip.
UNDERWATER FORM ;; save our souls
— REQUISITE

VIRTUES ;; intelligent / wise / obersevant / charistmatic / elegant.
NEGATIVE TRAITS ;; aggressive / manipulative / cunning / dishonest / aloof.
LIKES ;; strawberries / power / human fairytales / classical music.
DISLIKES ;; arrogance / betrayal / heartbreak / innocence.
QUIRKS ;; bites her tongue when angry / picks under her nails / twirls her hair when bored.
FEARS ;; isolation / being forgotten.
OPINION ON YOUR SPECIES ;; lola is proud of her kind, they're not fooled by the harsh reality and despite the fact lola has no care for seducing fools, she admires the species talent.
OPINION ON MERMAIDS ;; they're uptight believers, lola doesn't understand how they can act so fake. she has a special hatred towards the species.
OPINION ON HUMANS? ;; interesting creatures to watch and study. lola used to adore the idea of migrating to be apart of their world until they destroyed her parents. she plans on taking over the human society and in a weird, twisted way, fix what they have broken.
ABILITIES ;; sound amplification + prehensile tongue.
— PERSONA

BACKSTORY ;; lola canaan once full of life, her eyes full of hope and her smile was as toothy as a shark. her parents, to say the least, were madly in love with each other. gerald and marilyn were adventurous and curious, exploring human culture from around the world and sharing their discoveries with the royal family, only being a status below them. lola adored her parents, they taught her everything she knew, especially her mother. in lola’s eyes, marilyn was a queen; she was patient, kind and elegant in everything she did. throughout her childhood, lola watched her parents being seen as nothing more than salty seaweed by other sirens despite their noble status. lola despised how arrogant her kind was, she taught herself to believe that they were just scared of the knowledge they could learn from other cultures which numbed some of the pain she felt.

lola grew up in both in her mother’s and father's image, earning her mother’s gorgeous looks and her father’s outspoken behaviour. she was nearly at the age of sixteen hundred years old when her parents decided to leave for a while to study human culture in the south american region. lola waited patiently, swimming around waiting for her parents return. days turned into months and months turned into years. lola grew emotional and aggressive, the little happiness she had was slowly fading away as time went on. the letters she wrote were never written back and the cries for help were never replied.

her uncle, however, did return with a cold shoulder and a broken heart. her mother, along with the heir to the throne, had died from a human attack; a species they dare called themselves, advanced. lola’s personality changed after the funeral she held for her mother behind her home, digging an empty grave at the bottom of the ocean with her mother’s favourite shells laying on top of the mound of sand. her heart grew cold and her perspective changed on humans, lola left her home a month after the funeral, her father fell into a deep hole and hardly came out of his room. lola changed her last name and she found herself travelling the oceans for years, studying their weaknesses and the problems their society faced. her heart yearned to fix them and to avenge the death her mother didn’t deserve. lola wanted to rule the human world, even if it meant with an iron fist. lola returned home hundreds of years after studying, taking up the throne with a broken heart.

during the beginning of her reign, lola met what she thought was true love, a runaway merman with sunken eyes and dirty blonde hair. he warmed her icy heart and for a moment, lola felt happy again, she wanted to capture his intoxicating laughter into a bottle and stay drunk on it like some sweet alcohol. but soon the words exchanged between each other weren’t soft anymore, instead they were sharp and painful like knives. what should’ve been love between the two became hatred for each other and before lola knew it, he was gone. her heart shattered into two, the determination to take over the human world grew, fuelled by the anger that boiled in her. lola couldn’t accept the fact they weren’t not meant to be, their views on humans were too different and lola blamed it all on them. the human world took everything from her frail hands; her parents, her first love, her happiness. it was time to take it back and destroy what destroyed her.

FAMILY ;;
marilyn canaan - mother - deceased
gerald canaan - father - unknown

THEME SONG ;; starring role - marina and the diamonds
— HISTORY

0C4BE804-792E-48AB-BE11-030AD1D66EE8.jpeg

Last edited:
Adjan,Carlo +

• “Isolation offered its own form of companionship”

BASICS

REQUISITE
    NAME: Carlo Adjan
    SEXUALITY: Homosexual
    ROLE: The Hybrid
    SPECIES: Mermaid & Siren
    ABILITIES: Bone manipulation (includes regenerative healing abilities) and Chronic Vision

APPEARANCE
    HEIGHT: Without a tail, he stands at 6'1" but with it he's around 17 feet from head to tip of the tail.
    BODY TYPE: His upper body has a tad bit more muscles than his lower which gives him a bit of a stream-like appearance.
    VOICE: His voice is rather deep but he rarely raises it and seems to be whispering half the time. In the morning his voice has a bit of a rumble to it.
    BODY MODS: He has a scar on his neck that acts sort of like a tattoo. It was made by someone else and resembles the shape of an "x" but means "outcast."
    DIST. FEATURES: prominent cheekbones and jawline
    UNDERWATER FORM: hard scales that slow down his speed but provide protection//black, pink, and green scales that cover him in patches like a camouflage pattern//webbed fingers//diamond pupils//serrated teeth like a shark//

[/size]
//♡baby,//\\\//say /\\\/// you'll///\\\/remember♡

code by pasta

Last edited:

CYRUS IRVINE. THE ANARCHIST.

FULL NAME. CYRUS TRENTON IRVINE
AGE. 903
GENDER. MALE
SPECIES. SIREN
ROLE. THE ANARCHIST
SEXUALITY. HETEROSEXUAL

HEIGHT. 6'3
BODY TYPE. TALL & LANKY
VOICE. DEEP & REVERBERATING
BODY MODS. SEVERAL EAR PIERCINGS & VARIOUS TATTOOS OVER HIS BODY
DIST. FEATURES. ICY BLUE EYES, PROMINENT FACE STRUCTURE
UNDERWATER FORM. TURQUOISE TAIL, SHARP FANGS, PLACOID SCALES, POINTED EARS
— REQUISITE

POSITIVE TRAITS. Intelligent - Shrewd - Charming - Empathetic - Confident - Attentive
NEGATIVE TRAITS. Reserved - Apathetic - Self-Serving - Untrustworthy - Two-Faced - Lazy
LIKES. Bass guitar - Rings - Punk music - Leather - Political debates - Coffee - The smell of the ocean - Different languages - Denim
DISLIKES. Ignorance - Computers - Prejudice - Capitalism - Money - The movies - Hollywood - Ferris wheels - Circuses
QUIRKS. Addicted to sucking on lollipops - Several scars from burning himself with his lighter - Deaf from left ear - Has a New York accent - Rhythmically taps his fingers on every surface without fail
FEARS. Heights & Coffins
ABILITIES. Replication & Teleportation
OPINION ON YOUR SPECIES? Finds Sirens to be catastrophically boring and therefore left the Siren Kingdom for the thrill & kill of the human world. He's biased in thinking that most Sirens are ignorant to being open-minded to the diversity of a different world and therefore has little respect for them.
OPINION ON MERMAIDS? Seeing as Mermaids are even more prone to locking themselves up in their little Kingdom of safety and blind devotion to their monarchy, Cyrus can't say he cares much for them.
OPINION ON HUMANS? Cyrus adores the human realm, he finds them to be much more enticing and amusing than his fellow Merfolk, he's also fascinated by its different cultures and has spent years on end on land, however he does find the majority of humans to be utterly stupid and ungrateful.
— PERSONA

BACKSTORY
Cyrus Irvine was not special. He was neither royalty nor a peasant, he was neither rich nor poor, he simply, as many other common folk, existed. At the time of his toddlery there was nothing particularly unique about him, except perhaps his undeniably long and beautiful hair, he was no prodigy or unspeakably talented at a young age, he was born into a middle-class household in the Siren Kingdom to Gaspar and Delmara Irvine, two loving parents who gave him nothing but a decent and fulfilling childhood, yet despicably blissfully oblivious to the corruption surrounding their monarchy.

As Cyrus grew older, more aware of his presence and that of the darkness surrounding his home realm, he began to distance himself from the society he'd been placed into. For many, many, many years he sought out a community of people who understood him and shared the same values and visions as he did, who held the same thoughts and opinions and were against the hierarchy and sovereignty set upon the Kingdom, and in that small group of people he'd befriended, he met Theresa Protheus.

Theresa was the light in the darkness for Cyrus, she was his sun, his warmth, when they were together everything was good in the world. Of course, that's not to say that they didn't have their moments every now and then, some worse than others, but their love was something greater than them themselves. A few years after aging into their 600's, the two realized that their efforts into starting a revolution in the Kingdom were futile, they had spent decades upon decades trying to start a rebellion, but it was clear that the world wasn't on their side. And so, Theresa and Cyrus, alongside their best friends, Artemis Palaemon and Orabelle Edlyn who were also a couple, sought out into the human world.

They started in South America, years later to Africa, Europe, Asia. The four wanted to see everything and everyone this world had to offer, they were traveling through countries with wide eyes and open minds. It was a wonderland to them, however, they also became horribly aware of the terrible things that humans inflicted on themselves and their own people, and although they did their best to help those they met during their journeys, there were difficult times, but that did not stop them from continuing on their voyage. In late 1800s they migrated to the United States of America as they'd decided to settle there for the time being and take a break from their travels, resulting in the joyful marriage of both couples, only having to escape from the land when war struck. The four fled to a small village in Scandinavia where they spent many pleasant years before returning to the US in 1950.

The late 1950s were their prime time. The hippie movement had started to arise and the group of Sirens saw no better chance to finally pursue their political visions. Although they surely started to put flowers in their hair, embrace the sexual revolution and begin to experiment with marijuana, that was only a small portion of it, their true passion was a future with peace, and now having lived so long amongst humans, morals and ethics had come into play too. They attended festivals and concerts, marches, meetings. It all seemed like a blaze of optimism and euphoria, until the Detroit riot of 1967.

On the third day of the riots, the crew were amongst looters and arsonists, putting hundreds of years of grief and anger into their actions, whilst attempting to steal handguns from a store in order to be able to protect themselves from the police who had now begun projecting brutality on the rioters, Cyrus's world came crashing down. It only happened in a split second, there was no sound, no visual that he could place in his memory to sink in the reality of that moment, all he could remember were Theresa's eyes looking up at him from across the aisle before falling to the floor. Seconds later Artemis was dragging Cyrus out of the store whilst Orabelle hoisted her best friend's dead body over her shoulders, the owner of the store with a gun in his hand twitching over the counter, bleeding out to his death.

The next few weeks were a blur.

Cyrus no longer knew what to do with himself, there was no anger or sadness left in him, only a constant static that he couldn't seem to break out of. Artemis and Orabelle tried to help him, but it was of no use. After that, Cyrus packed his things quietly and left for New Jersey without so much as a word or a note.

In Jersey, Cyrus came to befriend a three young men in their 20's living in a large RV in a trailer park where he'd been staying with a stolen car, after several weeks of nights of drinking, smoking and seshing with the crew, Cyrus sold the car and moved in with Scott, Rafael and Yannik, taking up a job in retail and settling in to society again. With his first big saving after stuffing paychecks in jars, Cyrus bought an electric turquoise blue bass guitar, and in that moment everything changed. Rafael dug up an old electric guitar he'd stuffed into his closet ages ago, Scott picked up a pair of wooden kitchen spoons and a nightstand and with Yannick's voice, "The Static Path" was born.

In three years, they'd managed to get several gigs and decent equipment to play covers whilst working on songs in their RV. Though they were never particularly great or expected to blow up in any way, the punk movement was booming, and when a studio manager by the name of Quentin Gallimore heard them play their original songs in a gig in a crowed bar in 1973 after they'd started to gain a following in their hometown, he was hooked. A few weeks later the contracts were signed, and the Static Path was on its way to fame, however, the start would be rough. The band had no money and had quit their jobs, being forced to carry out their first small tour riding around in their little RV with dirty clothes and cheap gas station food, rushing to finish their songs to complete an album by the end of the year, but they didn't care, they loved it.

They loved the booze and the energy and the wild mob pits and the anger of their fans. Two years later, they'd released a full album and were doing shows all over the USA. The Static Path was unstoppable, their message was strong and the audience rooted for what they stood for, for justice and anarchy. Cyrus's life had become something beyond his wildest dreams and for several years it stayed that way, but all fame burns out and eventually sizzles. Slowly but surely record sales started slowing down as the punk scene began to die down, the studio pushed and pushed for them to start a different approach and make music to appeal to the greater masses, to agree to interviews and star on TV with other celebrities, everyone had different opinions and thoughts and it drove them to break apart from one another and the chemistry between them faded. Rafael and Yannik gave into the Hollywood pressure, whilst Scott and Cyrus drowned themselves in bottles of alcohol and different types of drugs to carry themselves through the remaining time they had left of their careers.

After one of their last shows, completely coked out and stumbling backstage for another line to snort, Cyrus came face-to-face with a face he never thought he'd see again. Artemis.

The joy of seeing his best friend after decades was short-lived, it only took minutes for Artemis to realize what Cyrus was doing to himself and becoming angry with him, resulting in the two getting into a heated, violent fight whilst Orabelle was held back by one of his bandmates, the others trying to break them apart before they were seriously hurt. But that didn't matter, Cyrus's rage was relentless, and with all the drugs he'd been abusing for months, he didn't care about anything anymore. He didn't even realize what he'd done until he saw the blood oozing from the back of his best friends head, limp the on cold ground, a liquor bottle smashed and spilling everywhere, the screeching of his wife tearing apart his eardrums. Orabelle lost her mind and tried to assault Cyrus, unable to respond out of shock, Scott kicked her away and she smashed her head on a glass table, falling down a flight of stairs and breaking her neck.

The bodies were buried without a word spoken.

Their last album release was a complete flop, after which Cyrus entered rehab for all of three days before bailing himself out, packing his things and stuffing his bandmates money into his pockets and riding off onto the road again with a janky van he's now been living in for the past fifteen years.

Next stop? Lachrymose.

THEME SONG
Ansel Elgort - Supernova

FAMILY
Gaspar Irvine | Father | Unknown
Delmara Irvine | Mother | Unknown
Theresa Protheus | Wife | Deceased | Shot

MISC.
Went deaf in one ear after an amplifier accident with equipment check before a concert
— HISTORY

BOWIE CARTER ☾
everybody come along with me
name ;; bowen richard gansey.
nickname ;; bowie.
age ;; five-hundred and sixty nine.
gender ;; male.
sexuality ;; heterosexual.
role ;; the underdog.
species ;; mermaid.
go down the river and wash your feet
height ;; six foot, five inches.
body type ;; lanky.
voice ;; husky yet gentle.
body mods ;; n/a.
dist. features ;; wears glasses to 'blend in'.
underwater form ;; x/x

positive traits ;; adventurous / observant / loyal / intelligent / intuitive.
negative traits ;; pushover / emotional / reckless / curious / hopeless romantic.
likes ;; hawaiian shirts / old music / glasses / black coffee.
dislikes ;; heights / seagulls / burkenstocks / spicy food.
quirks ;; chews the end of his glasses / runs his hand through his hair.
fears ;; isolation / heights.
opinion on memaids ;; bowie doesn't enjoy talking about his species where there have been times he could be a siren. merfolk, to bowie, act proper and stuck up which bores him. sirens seem to live dangerously yet bowie won't admit that, especially to the captain.
opinion on sirens ;; despite being told how rude sirens can be, bowie dreams of being apart of their society. in his mind, sirens are dangerously cool and he wants to be just like them.
opinion on humans ;; bowie is fascinated by their music and food, it's all so interesting and different from merfolk food.
abilites ;; invisiblity + pressure manipulation.
to where the people live a life
biography ;; bowen has always been the underdog for his entire life. maybe he inherited it from his father, declan, a pushover father who's terrified of his aggressive wife, olivia. being the youngest of seven kids was rough on bowen, always seeking his parents' approval in everything he did, always second guessing himself while his siblings swam with pride. bowen struggled to fit in with the rest of his siblings, his brothers lacking the crippling anxiety bowen suffered and his sister's having the gorgeous looks bowen didn't inherit. pushed and shoved by his siblings and family, bowen soon found comfort in the captain. he felt important for once, standing by her side proudly with his chest puffed out and a giddy grin on his lips. as time went by, bowen watched his best friend grow into a beautiful flower with a cold heart. bowen was soon pushed and shoved by his own best friend and at first he didn't care, she was his only friend and bowen was scared to be alone again. but as he soon reached four hundred years old, bowen began to grow an interest for sirens.

it was just something innocent at first, watching the sirens lure their prey into the sea while looking like a bad ass doing it. at first it was one visit, then it was three and then it turned out to sneaking out in the middle of the night just to study their culture. bowen knew that he would never fit in, his kind was all about being good while sirens lived by a different motto. on his sixteenth-hundred birthday, sitting alone in his living room with a birthday hat he stole from the shore sitting upon his head. as he sat in his space of uncomfortable silence, bowen heard his eldest brother, mikael, trying to sneak in. bowen watched in silence as his brother entered the living room to see his younger brother sitting depressingly at the table with a colorful cone on his head.

"what's wrong, did she say no?" mikael asked, sitting down next to his brother.
"god, no, i wrote a letter-"
"that's progress bowen!"
"you didn't let me finish, i wrote a letter and then tore it and gave it to the shark outside."

with a sigh, mikael placed a comforting hand on bowen's shoulder and told him something that would seal his fate.

"you need to find someone better, don't end up like mom and dad."

and with that, bowen left home later that night with nothing to bring to the shore with him. with the use of his invisibility bowen hid from the human world until he could blend in. bowen tried to start fresh as a new person; stealing multiple pairs of pants, hawaiian shirts, shoes and a pair of glasses to look more ordinary. bowen tried to change his name once he revealed himself to the town; he was ordering food for the first time at the seaside cafe when a girl with a long braid for hair asked for his name. bowen didn't think of a name but he wanted it to be perfect. yet instead of acting calm and cool, bowen panicked and told the waitress his name was bowie. the waitress, naturally, gave him a strange look but shrugged it off. in that moment, bowen became bowie. over time, bowie didn't mind his new name as he tried new things such as alcohol, cigarettes and music. the rest of the sixty years were a blur for bowie as he tried to reinvent himself as the bad guy, yet there's still a little boy seeking for affection inside of him.

theme song ;; railroad track - willy moon.
family ;;
declan carter - father - alive
olivia carter - mother - alive
mikael carter - older brother - alive
sofya carter - older sister - alive
edith carter - older twin sister - alive
bart carter - older twin brother - alive
andrew carter - older brother - alive
neil carter - older brother - alive.
L6k0ZrFC.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread