• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Ruin

"I'm not helping you, I'm helping the both of you." He pointed to the stranger that had arrived shortly before him. (@Conduit )"Consider sharing your portion of the meal I gave you to her she looks like she could eat."

Milo shook her head, giving a dismissive wave of the hand. "It's fine." When the question of asking her to tag along finally reran through her mind, she scratched the back of her neck for a moment while she looked at her toes digging in the sand, pensive. Her head lifted. "Yeah," she said, a corner of her mouth tipping up into a crooked smile, then extended her hand for the man to shake. "I'm Milo, if you didn't hear earlier. I'll try my best to help you guys out."

Kato had driven for what seemed like miles. He took a break when he thought hede lost that thing. He was real tired so he turned all his drawings back into ink (including Gins scythe and motorcycle) Then he sat down and ate the few crackers he had left. (Mabey it is best I stay away from a group I just bring spirits close to them) After a while he got up and had a bird he drew scout around. There was a destroyed town not to far from here. Kato decided to head in that derection.

Ellie Sighed and laid her head back down wanting to sleep more. "Kato has been gone for a long time now..." she mumbled. "I wonder when he'll get back."

Kato headed into the town he entered a destroyed store. It was still filled with supplies. He went to look around the rest of the area. The buildings were destroyed but the rest of the place looked untouched. (Why) Kato asked himself. But he pushed that question out of his mind a looted the town. There was more supplies here that any one person could ever make use of.

"Milo hmm, you seem like the second strongest person here as of now. If you'd truly like to join this mess of a survival alliance, I'll need your assistance. Whilst I was away hunting, I saw a forest and a small body of water. We should relocate there tomorrow and build a bigger shelter from the timber. Wildlife will be less scarce their, and fresh water would do us all some good." He spoke in a quiet but even tone and waited for a reply.

Milo's interest piqued at hearing he'd found a not only a forest, but a body of fresh water. Her smile dulled at his comment about her being strong, and she shook her head. "Here, maybe," -- she tapped her temple -- "but not here," -- she brought her fingertip to her bicep. Then, she hastily added, "But I'll try. I'll find something to do."

Kato sits and eats a huge meal. He finds an old tornado shelter and makes it his base. He turns on the generator. "Wow power something I haven't seen in a long time." he yells to himself. He then starts to carry supplies in water,food,blankets ext. He dosent stop until the place becomes a child's dream fort. He even found a video game system. This city was ripe for the picking. (But why so untouched he once again thought to himself.)

Gin stood up and stretched his right arm a little. The temperature outside was rapidly dropping and he could no longer ignore it and as a result of the rapid temperature change, he was shivering. He was in a world of pain, for it was him that had been carrying the weight of this group on his shoulders. He was sick of it, and needed some help. He turned around, and of course, the temporary shelter that Kato had created had vanished. He had left his shirt in that fortress in hopes that it would not get any dirtier, and now it lay buried deep under sand. "How simple minded of me to leave my belonging in the care of others." He crossed his arms and hugged himself, trying to preserve body heat.

In the midst of his struggle he had managed to think of an idea to help both he and Milo at the same time. He temporarily stopped his own warm embrace, and reached into his pocket and pulled out a small dagger. The dagger was an incredible find, the blade seemed to hardly need sharpening and the handle/ grip of the weapon was comfortable and was decorated with a single, spiraling strand of precious gold. He twirled the weapon a few time in his right hand before extending his right arm towards Milo, presenting her with the blade. "Please accept this gift." He would not take no for an answer, placing the weapon in Milo's hand. He took a few steps back and began to speak. "You need to become stronger, and I need to stay moving to keep warm for now. Let's have a small spar, the first of many that I am sure me and you will have, Milo. Trust me, this is the beginning of something beautiful." Gin put his hands back into his pockets and looked at Milo's eyes. "Please, attack me." He said with a surprising jolt of joy.

Even thought his hands were in his pockets, Milo had his undivided attention. It was very unlikely that she would take him by surprise in any way. His purple eyes examined her body. The scars on her exposed skin proved that she had been affected by the sandstorm too. She had not had an easy day, when is the last time anyone had an easy day. And with a final exhale, Gin was ready for Milo's reaction.

(Mabey in should go back and help those people and bring them here.) Kato had a small argument he decided he would give them a hint instead of going and getting them. He drew a bird carrying the note fallow me and had it go find the group. "They better understand this is me being nice."

Milo watched the blade twirl in Gin's hand, awing over it's craftsmanship and the intricate strand of gold that adorned its handle. Hesitant joy and confusion tinged her expression as the blade touched the palm of her hand, and she nearly opened her mouth before Gin began to speak, leaving no room for objection. Curling her fingers around the handle, she tuned her focus onto Gin. Her thumb absently traced over the gold strand in the handle, and she watched Gin with something akin to curiousity as he spoke. Her thumb froze. A slow smile crept onto her face, and she gave a nod. "A spar it is." Admittedly, her skills with combat must've long rusted over by now, but she was determined and stubborn.

Shifting into an offensive stance, she blew out a breath, any expression that had been shown on her face now dissolving. Invisibility cloaked her like a sheet and she dove to the man's side to avoid leaving a more noticeable trail in the sand of her location. Fluid-like, she attempted to sweep out his legs from under him with a swing from her own leg.

(((The bid arrives and drops the message in front of you guys mid spar.)))

Gin reacts swiftly by taking his hands out of his pocket. He allows Milo to sweep his feet; but he was prepared. With his hands behind his head, he forced himself back up before he could even touch the ground completely. Milo was in close combat range now. Gin threw a simple three punch combo, to throws aimed at the face and one thrown at the stomach. These punches were fairly quick, but far to direct. They would be all to easy for Milo to dodge. In the midst of his punch throwing barrage a bird with am message in his beak. Gin did not give the bird a second glance, but simply punched it with a tremendous amount of force. Upon the deliverance of this blow, there would be no way that the bird would survive. "There will be no interruptions, creature." He turned around quickly to assure that Milo did not take advantage of his short distraction.

Milo managed to dodge the blows to her face, but his fist drove into the side of her stomach mid-dodge. She gritted her teeth, reestablishing her stance before she drew back her arm with the blade. Her actions halted as an object entered her periphery. Whipping her head around, she saw a bird flying in their direction, a note pinched inside its beak. She took a few steps back from Gin and lifted her hand to point towards the creature, just before his fist met with its body. Hastening to the bird's limp form, her brows furrowed. She turned her gaze onto Gin. "Unnecessary." Her eyes traveled back to the bird and she knelt beside it. Gently, she plucked the note from its beak and read it. Sighing, her shoulders slumped and she stood back up, holding the message out to Gin. "We were supposed to follow," Milo said. She bit back a sarcastic remark and threw another glance at the bird.

Gin weighed his options. For now it was certain that the spar had been ruined by interference by a frail creature. Like most beautiful things, the bird had ended up dead. It was all thanks to Gin. He begin to speak, "This bird comes from where? And you were willing to blindly follow it? Ha, understand this. I will not be following anything that can not speak or dodge an attack. " He looked at the lifeless creature before kicking the smallest bit of sand onto its still-warm corpse. He put his hands in the air, showing that he meant no harm before approaching Milo and grabbling her in a buddy like half embrace, his right arm hanging off her right shoulder. "Look" He pointed to where he had gone earlier that day to hunt, "Over there we are gauranteed food and shelter." The he pointed at the dead bird, "Or." he paused and rolled his eyes, "we could've followed a frail creature into God knows what. Not to mention following the bird would have been an incredible effort on our part. Unless you suggested on leaving Ellie here unconcious, to fight for her own keep." He kept her under his arm, 90 percent because he was still cold 10 percent becuase he was growning a liking to Milo. "Beauty," Gin sighed, "Lies in strength. And you are not as weak as you made yourself seem are you?"

Gin let go of Milo and sat down facing the forest and body of water he had found earlier. He patted the ground beside him, as if asking Milo to sit next to him. He spoke once more, "Milo, tell me about yourself. Unless you are uncomfortable with that, if that's the case, we can just sit here awkwardly until sunrise" Gin grinned

Ellie was sound asleep, but she was having dreams... More like nightmares. She stumbled around in her sleep and she was sweating, and breathing hard. She was having a dream of the night she lost her parents...

"Mom! Dad!" Ellie scream through the burning house. She took a step forward in the hallway when a plank of burning wood fell in front of her. "Maybe their already outside" She thought in her mind, before turning around and heading down the stairs. She was coughing from all the smoke in her lungs, and her eyes watered from the smoke as well, but the tears dissipated from the heat. She kicked open the font doors and ran out coughing. She looked around for her parents. then wide eyed she turned back to the house with tears rolling down her face. She wanted to go in and save them, but she was too scared to die herself. She let them die that night, and she could've saved them, but she was too afraid. She heard her parents voices, and turned around to their spirits. "You failed us." Her mother said with a face of pure anger. "You should've saved us." Her father soon spoke with his eyes on fire from the rage. "I'm sorry.." She whispered, yet they repeated the words, and she covered her eyes sobbing.

Ellie's eyes woke up screaming, "I'm sorry!!!" She laid on the floor curled up and her holding her ears, and tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry..." She whispered over and over again.

Milo raised a brow at Gin as he spoke, frowning as he kicked sand onto the bird's fresh corpse. She'd nearly taken a step back when he approached her, but her feet stayed planted firm in the ground, crossing her arms while his arm draped over her shoulder. Eyes following after his pointing finger as he spoke, Milo nodded along slowly, half of herself listening while the other still worried about the bird, even though she knew it lay deceased. His next words, however, caught her off guard. Stiffening, she looked up at him. Talking to her about her strength and weakness made her feel uncomfortable and, well, bare.

She blew out a soft sigh as he stepped away towards the forest and sat, patting down a spot next to him for her to sit at. She plopped down beside him, cross-legged. "As much as I do love awkwardness and all, I suggest you go first. What's your sto-" A woman's scream hitched the words in her throat. Scrambling to her feet, she rushed over to Ellie, whom was now curled up and murmuring to herself, and dropped into a crouch beside her. Her hand reached out to comfort the weeping woman, but paused in hesitance. Milo shook her head, and gave a light squeeze to Ellie's shoulder. "Ellie, hey, it's okay," she said, voice soft. "It's okay, you're safe. What happened?"

Gin was exhausted and cold, but at least he wasn't hungry. He was grateful for todays catch and was excited for the next days adventure. He wondered about Ellie, Milo, and even Fen's stories and wondered what their stories were like. He found himself smiling, as much as he hated to admit it, he was enjoying the company the others had kept him. "Two." He said quietly, under his breath. "Where did Kato run off to, do you know." He spoke loudly, but to Milo she would only perceive it as a mumble. He looked at the two girls and Fen the beast. Was this his new family? No one had betrayed him, but was it out of fear, or was it genuine respect? He pondered quietly and lay on his back, eyes open, counting the stars.

The sand was frigid cold, but Gin had kept watch diligently for the last two nights, and decided that it was about time he gotten to lay down. His eyes rolled shut before he said aloud, loud enough for Milo to hear, "Tend to Ellie for the night, hopefully by tomorrow she will be well enough to travel. You will be keeping watch tonight, so don't be afraid to use that dagger I gave you. If you get hungry, help yourself to some meat. " Gin slowly but surely fell asleep

And then woke up again

The ground was shaking violently, sprouting volcanoes which immediately erupted. Ellie, Milo, and Fen were in danger. He tried to get up, but his back was frozen to the sand. Try as he might he watched as his companions were engulfed in the red liquid before he himself was swallowed whole. Something was wrong. He wasn't burning. In an instant, he understood that this was a dream. In reality Gin stirred a bit, but not enough to wake Ellie. He'd continue dreaming until early morning.

Ellie looked briefly up to Milo, then shut her eyes tight again, whimpering. My... My parents." She stuttered shaking her head. "They hate me now.." She says with her voice breaking. "I let them die..." She said crying. She shivered, quivered and stayed curled up with her hands on her ears.

IT was early morning. The sun was just barely peeking over the horizon, but the warm rays were enough to awaken Gin. He stood up and let the rays of the sun warm his core. He walked over to were the girls were and nudged them both slightly. They both looked terrible, Milo had been awake the entire night and Ellie’s face was a teary mess. He sighed. They had a twelve mile walk to take today. Compared to this place, the forest was an oasis, a safe haven.

He looked around for the scythe that Kato had given him, but it was no where to be found. Without a weapon, Gin felt naked. He could always ask Milo for his dagger back, but he felt that she would need it more than him in the coming days. He then looked down at himself, his chest was covered in tiny lacerations from the sandstorm, his pants were in ruin, and he hadn’t cleaned himself in days. He cringed as he realized that multiple open wounds and a dirty body could very well lead to an infection. No one else was in better condition than him so he didn’t complain.

He nudged Ellie and Milo again, this time to awaken Ellie. Fen stood up at Ellie's side ready to protect her, but Fen was starting to realize that Gin meant no harm. Once Ellie's eyes were to flutter open Gin would begin to speak. “How do the both of you feel. “ He glanced at Ellie and Milo, “ We have to get moving soon while it’s not too hot. The side effects of dehydration will hit our bodies if he we don’t get any fluids in them. “ He did a stretch and began to speak again, “If one of you aren’t up to the walk, I’ll carry you on my back until we get there. But if both of you decide that you can not walk, I will leave you here. “ Simply put. Gin let out a yawn. “So what’s it going to be? “

Ellie, after the night she'd had she stood up and shook her head. "What happened last night?" She asked dizzily. "It's all a blur..." She says rubbing her eyes, as Fen looks up at her with big eyes. Ellie looked down at Milo then at Gin. "I don't think she's waking up anytime soon." She says kneeling down to pet Fen. "Excuse me, I just need fresh air. We can start walking whenever you fee like it." She walks out of the shelter and quickly started trying to dig up the car. Because it was just sand, it was pretty easy. She got it dug out most of the way. The only things left were the tires, and she was going to dig those up as well, until a dead bird caught her eye.

She gets up and walks towards it, when she finds a note by it. She picks it up and reads it aloud. "Follow me..." She says confused. She noticed the ink was the same kind of ink, Kato used in his drawings. She gasped and looked into the open desert. "Fen." She says calling him over. "Smell the note and the bird. Track Kato. Let's find him boy!" She says going over to the car. She gets in and turns the keys. Thankfully the car still works, and she drives out the ditch with the help of Fen. Fen was just as fast as a car, so she drove off leaving a note behind for Gin and Milo.

The note she left said: Gin and Milo, I saw a dead bird outside with a note saying "Follow me." I noticed its the same ink Kato used for his drawings. Fen has his scent, and we're following it. We'll be back ASAP. PS. Sorry gin about your tie. I kinda had to use it so we could get back. Thanks.

@Gin Starr[/URL] @Conduit

Kato stood there looking threw the eyes of his bird. "It seems I will have a guest soon." Kato prepares a small meal. He then sits and draws waiting for his guest to arrive.

Loneliness

Gin had started his voyage alone, and it seemed that it would continue that way as well. He had read the note Ellie had written and left it there for Milo to read. He was through with Kato, Ellie, and maybe even Milo. He felt as if he had carried the whole alliance on his back. He prepared to leave, heading towards the forest he had seen the day he went hunting, it was a 12 hour walk. He didn't say anything as he walked past Milo, but decided to let her make her own choice. She knew which way Gin was headed, and she knew that she could wait alone for Ellie to return. Either way, Gin was through. He thought about demanding his dagger back, but the conversation would have wasted valuable time. He started walking alone.

Kato watched Gin leave threw his birds eyes. He sent the bird over to him and had it land on his shoulder. Dropping a note in his hand. "Sorry about the sudden disaperance and the vanishing of you're scythe follow the bird to find me." Kato knew he shouldnt be doing this spirits could attack these people but he also could use Gin to protect himself.

Ellie drove the car farther and farther, but soon Fen grew tired. Ellie let Fen sit in the passenger seat has her pointed his snout to where we were supposed to go. We stopped at a small town in the middle of no where. "This is where Kato is?" She asked Fen. Fen nodded and whimpered as he got out of the car. Ellie gets out as well, grabbing her pocket knife, ready for combat awaiting. "Kato!" She yells walking around slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back