• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic We Only Attack Ourselves (Apocalypse/Dystopian)

Cavil

idgaf honestly
[media]

[/media]

Dear,

Don't be afraid of the smoke in our grenades. It won't sting your eyes.

And I'm gonna plan--gonna go out and start a fight. I won't desert you.

How come the sun don't shine on me?

Anymore...

You know, you know.

-T

Picture a large city, such as New York or Amsterdam (not quite sure yet) in the destroyed future. A strange, terminal disease has been sweeping the city and the surrounding areas, making it difficult to survive without medical equipment nearby. This disease is so dangerous, it morphs every 72 hours. Vaccines are all but effective against it. The government has been pouring money into research, effectively making the city bankrupt. State of emergency has been declared, and the CDC has been called in, blocking off the city via barriers on the roads leading into the city on major highways.

Here's where it gets interesting. Most of the population of this city has reluctantly underwent a dramatic surgery that removes all organic parts of the human body and replaces them with steel, like robotics. This will effectively make the person immortal. The government has endorsed this idea, as the city is getting NO funding whatsoever. While expensive, they have agreed to pay 3/4 of what an operation costs, as this will save them money in the near future. But, robots don't need food or water like humans do, so therefore auto shops and gas stations are up-charging oil and gas prices and restaurants that serve food and grocery stores are being raided and closing down.

You will be playing either a human or a robot. The plot centers around us trying to find a way to escape the city and find food, or if you're a robot, attempting to find some way to become human again OR searching for a cure for the disease.

So, sort of a general overview. I might make this a hosted project in the future. Tell me what you think!

-Detailed

-Small group

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok cool so we have 4 people interested. I'd like to have at least 6 before I put up the thread.

Ok 5 now lol. If we don't have one more person, then that's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, hey sorry guys. Been working at the NASCAR races all weekend. Just got home today and I'm very tired. RP will be up either today or tomorrow.

drummerboi said:
oh i didn't know it was going to be detailed.......
Detailed as far as post quality goes. I'm not expecting essay responses, just quality posts with proper grammar, punctuation, and average to above average vocabulary.

drummerboi said:
ooh then im not your man i do make mistakes from time to time
I mean, sporadic mistakes are fine. I almost always misplace commas it seems like. But if you don't feel comfortable anymore, then no harm no foul. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back