• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Waifu Wars

@Broncos Thank you for your interest, and yes, you can, if the person wants to RP as the waifu, or husbando. You just need to make sure the Otaku Warrior and Waifu, or Husbando are in agreement, if it's going to be separate characters. I'm leaving this up for the majority of roleplayers to decide, whether they want 1 pair per 1 roleplayer, 1 pair per 2 roleplayers, or split with both groups in the mix.

@Kisaki Thank you for your interest, I'll let you know when it's up.

Ah right, they would have to roleplay in pairs.

Not sure what this card system is but I am familiar with dice roleplays.

I think being the otaku warrior is relatively easy in comparison to roleplaying a waifu/husbando - If I tried to roleplay as Idunno Rem (re:zero) or maybe even Stockings (Panty and Stockings with Gartnerbelt) I'd have the most awkward experience. I can imagine that I might get a lot of disdain if got the personalities and behavior wrong from the person that summoned that specific waifu/husbando. If that is the case, well I would have to apologize for not being original to the source material and lacking much knowledge of the waifu/husbando thereof.

Interesting and pretty demanding.

@54160 1. Get Naruto as your waifu 2. Go into a battleground 3. Get sexy clone jutsu power-up 4. harem of waifus 5. ??? 6. profit

@billthesomething Sounds cool!

@NeoLeaf It's up to what the majority of people want, but it seems its swaying to dice RP. I'll give explanations on how the system works, once I finish polishing/developing it. If you get the personality/behavior wrong, don't fret, this is a pretty chill RP, and I won't hold it against you. If people bother/pester you about it, let me know, and I'll deal with it.

@Captain Gensokyo I'll give a minor breakdown of the card system, but its still in heavy editing phase. The standard 52 card-deck is used. Outcomes are meant to be short, but after each turn, the roleplayer must roleplay the scenario. So after the turn, the scenario must be roleplayed, before the next turn begins. I'll give roleplaying options, if cards is chosen as the desired system. Note: This system still needs editing, and testing.

The numbers 1-10 are the only attack/defense options, while king, jack, queen, ace, and joker are used as special actions. Each person will have 10 cards each, but according to the scenario, certain cards will be better than others. The higher number wins, but the numbers can be modified by stats and boosts according to the scenario/character.

You've 4 options during a turn. If you're defending, you can choose to counter-attack, protect (someone else), heal, block (yourself). If you're attacking, you can choose to Wind Up (Increase your attack), Buff (Boost someone else), Attack, or Area Attack. If you choose to standby, you can use an item (includes power-ups, weapons, items), flee, converse, or move. Attack, Block, Item, Flee, and Move do not require special actions. Wind up, Heal, Protect, Counter-attack, Buff, Area Attack, and converse require special actions.

Everyone starts with 3 life, each loss makes you lose a point.

Here's how the combat starts. The person initiating combat will place 3 cards out of the 10 they own, they can only choose Attack, and they will choose 1 opponent. However, since they can only do 1 option, they'll gain a bonus of +2 (initiative attack) for that turn only. They will tell me, the GM, which 3 cards are which, by telling me which is left, center, and right. The person defending will select a defense option, and then the defending person will select 3 cards out of the 10 they own. They'll tell me, the GM, which 3 cards which, so left, center, and right. Afterwards, the attacker will choose a card from the defender's 3 cards, and the defender will choose a card from the attacker's 3 cards. The card chosen will be the defender's defense card, and the attacker's attack card.

Example: Attacker places 3 (Left), 5 (Center), 1 (Right); Defender places 2 (Left), 4 (Center) 8 (Right). Attacker chooses 2 (left), and defender chooses 1 (right). The defender defends with 2, while the attack attacks with 1. However, since the attacker went first, they gain +2, so the attack card is now 3. The defender loses in this scenario. The 4 cards not used are given to the opposing side. So defender gets the 2 attacker's not used cards, and the attacker gets the defender's not used cards. The defender now has 3, 5; and the attacker now has the 4,8 card. The prior 1, and 2 are discarded, but no one draws cards at the end of the turn. This is an example of the first turn. The attacker has 3 life, and the defender has 2 life.

Now for turn 2, the defender can choose to attack or standby, and depending on their choice, the attacker has to do an option. If the defender chooses to do a standby action, the attacker can do a defend, standby, or attack option. If the defender chooses to attack, the attacker can only defend. Let's say the defender does a standby action, and the attacker does an attack option, and the turn ends. It's now the attacker's option to choose standby, or attack. This repeats until everyone's life is diminished.

Now let's go to the options.

Attack, Block, Flee, and Move - Only can be used with 1-10 card.

Wind Up, Heal, Protect, Counter-attack, Buff, Area Attack, and Converse - Requires Jack, Queen, King, Ace, or Joker.

Attack = Attack your foe.

Block = Protect yourself against an Attack, or Area Attack.

Flee = Escape the battle, and fight for another day. If used, you'll be punished in the next duel for that battleground. You'll have 9 cards, instead of 10 to utilize. This hand remains until you exit the battleground.

Move = For the sake of simplicity, will do two movement types. Close Range, Far range. If you move to Far Range, the other person has to move closer, unless they have a ranged item. Duels start at close, or far range depending on the combatants.

Wind Up = Boost your own attack. This will make your next attack do 3 life damage. However this is risky, since there's many ways to counter this.

Heal = Heal 1 life point.

Protect = Protect someone but yourself. You'll block all the damage, and you won't receive any damage. Protects all allies, if an area attack, counter-attack, etc. is used.

Counter-Attack = Receive half the damage, but deal the same damage to your opponent.

Buff = Boost someone else's Attack, Block, Flee, or Move option. Attack does 2 damage if it succeeds, block protects against 2 damage if it succeeds, flee gets +2, and Move gets +2 option to chosen card.

Area Attack = Deal 1 damage to all foes.

Converse = Convince, or make someone slip up with your taunts, gestures, or words. Basically it nullifies an action, at the cost of your own turn.

Item - Allows you to use an item. This is like a wild card, in that the item/power-up/weapon, can allow for certain effects. Using this action, requires that you discard one card during the duel. Typically, items will offer stat bonuses immediately, while effects begin the next turn.

In order to prevent a special action, a special action is required. Therefore, special actions allow for multiple, diverse strategies. However, you'll still need 1-10 cards, if you want to deal with the first turn, which requires an attack. The lower number cards could cripple your opponent easily, and vice versa. Typically, this can go both ways, with people choosing their hand, or leaving it up to RNG. If it's left up to RNG, I will choose the hands for each combatant. RNG is only chosen, if one pair out of the two desire RNG. Otherwise, both people need to agree to having their own hands.

If it's based on choosing their own hands, they may choose up to a max of 3 special action cards. The other 7 have to be numbers 1-10, and you can only choose 1 of each number.

Once a battle starts, no one else can join up in the fight, as the anime/manga spirits dictate how many people do battle. Fortunately, only the partner of a partner may join in, so it may be wise to have someone at far range to back up your close range fighter. A max of 2 pairs can do battle at any time.

I'll list additional details, if there's questions for this system. Otherwise, this is a rough draft, that I'll perfect if a majority of roleplayers want to utilize this system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've got a great understanding of the system now. Thanks! I hope people adopt this system. However, I have a few small questions.

Flee = Escape the battle, and fight for another day.

Is this implying permadeath?

If someone has a "Converse" card but they're second in the order, does that person use that card not knowing their opponent's next move?

@Ultraman

@Captain Gensokyo Oh, there's no death. It's just you can choose to flee, before your life points hit 0. I guess I should've clarified that. When your life points hit 0, your character cannot do anything and is unconscious. If you flee at 3, 2, or 1 life points, you'll be out of the way of your opponents. Basically, it prevents the foes from engaging with your character in the battleground for several posts.

The converse card is used to mainly stop buff/wind up or other cards that work in the second turn. It can also be used to stop other moves. Here's how it works.

This is after the first turn.

Player 1: I choose Standby (Note: Player 2 won't know which standby option he's using)

Player 2: I choose Defend (Note: Player 1 won't know what defend option he's choosing).

However, once the stances are chosen, the players are free to select their option according to the cards they choose. Their option isn't revealed until the GM, or Moderator is aware of the selected options. Player 1 may choose to use Converse, in case if Player 2 chooses heal, or another option that may boost up player 2.

If we're basing this off Player 2, then it'll go like this.

Player 1: I choose Standby

Player 2: I choose Standby

Player 2 may think that player 1 is going to use an item, flee, or move, so they may converse to prevent player 1 from doing that action.

Therefore, player 1 in the first example, and player 2 in the second example don't know at all, but they may use converse to limit their foe's actions. It's pretty useful to call out Standby first, since your foe will likely Attack, and if your foe Attacks, you get an easy opportunity to access a weapon/power-up, which may turn the tides of the battle. Or if the opponent needs to heal, and you call out standby first, it's easy to assume that converse will block the defend heal.

Also, special action cards that work against each other. Example: Counter-Attack vs. Area Attack. The counter-attack will only counter the area attack, if the counter-attack's special action card is a higher number.  Jack > Queen > King  > Joker. However, since there's only two joker cards in a standard deck, each pair can only have 1 joker card between two hands. When drawing based off RNG, joker cards will be removed. Ace is the 1 card, so I'll remove it from special actions in the prior post.

It's mainly a game of chance in trying to decide what your opponent will use. Obviously there's certain choices that are better than others, but if your opponent guesses right, they may gain an upper hand advantage. I can flesh out all the scenarios against other scenarios, so this post may be a bit longer. I may actually limit it to two special cards, since three per hand seems a bit ridiculous.

Note: Buff is useless, so don't use it, when you're by yourself.

Between Two People

Player 1 Vs. Player 2

Attacking Vs. Defending

Attack Vs. Block = Player 1 and Player 2 do the 3 cards per person.

Attack Vs. Protect = Player 2 uses a special action to guarantee a block.

Attack Vs. Counter-Attack = Player 2 uses a special action to counter.

Attack Vs. Heal = Player 2 uses a special action to heal himself. Attack goes first if its this scenario.

Wind Up Vs. Block = Player 1 winds up his attack, player 2 discard 1 card, but gets back his other 2 cards.

Wind Up Vs. Protect = Player 1 winds up his attack, player 2 heals himself for 1 health, since protect does nothing.

Wind Up vs. Counter-Attack = Player 2 heals himself for 1 health, since counter-attack does nothing.

Wind Up Vs. Heal = Player 2 heals himself.

Buff is not viable, so there's no options when two people are fighting.

Area Attack Vs. Block = Player 2 places 3 cards down, and player 1 chooses two of those 3 cards. If those two cards add up to more than 10, Player 2 blocks the area attack for only himself. Player 1 gets the face down card, and Player 2 chooses out of the 2 used cards, 1 to discard and 1 to keep. (Note: If the number's 11, it beats Jack, if it's 12, it beats Queen, if it's 13, it beats King, if it's 19, it beats Joker. This applies for all similar ones involves the choice of two cards).

Area Attack Vs. Protect = Player 2 heals himself for 1 health, since protect does nothing, but this is after Area Attack.

Area Attack Vs. Counter-Attack = Depending on the higher special action card, Area Attack, or Counter-Attack succeeds.

Area Attack Vs. Heal = Area attack hits player 2 first, then heal can be used.

Standby Vs. Attacking

Item Vs. Attack = Player 1 uses an item, and player 2 discards 1 card, and gets a free attack in.

Item Vs. Wind-up = Player 1 uses an item, and player 1 winds up his attack.

Item vs. Buff = Player 1 uses an item, and player 2 does nothing.

Item Vs. Area Attack = Player 1 uses an item, and player 2 gets a free attack in.

Flee Vs. Attack = Player 1 and player 2 place down 3 cards, see first post for example of how it works. Higher number wins exchange. If flee isn't higher number, the attack is successful.

Flee Vs. Wind-Up = Player 1 flees, but since they're gone it doesn't matter if you use wind-up.

Flee vs. Buff = Do I even need to do this example. Player 1 flees.

Flee Vs. Area Attack = Player 1 places down 3 cards, and player 2 chooses 2 cards, if two add up to more than 10, player 1 flees. Otherwise, area attack goes in, and Player 1 discards the 1 of the chosen two cards, and player 1 doesn't flee.

Move Vs. Attack = Place down 3 cards, higher number wins out. Move is basically like evade, except you'll gain a ranged advantage.

Move Vs. Wind-up =  Player 1 moves, and player 2 heals themselves for 1 health, since wind-up doesn't do anything.

Move Vs. Buff = Don't use Buff, ok.

Move Vs. Area Attack = Player 1 places down 3 cards, and player 2 chooses 2 cards, if two add up to more than 10, player 1 moves. Otherwise, area attack goes in, and Player 1 discards the 1 of the chosen two cards, and player 1 doesn't move. (Note: See Area Attack Vs. Block for how this works)

Converse Vs. Attack = Player 1 nullifies Attack. Player 2 person discards a card.

Converse Vs. Wind-up = Player 1 nullifies wind-up.

Converse Vs. Buff = Player 1 nullifies Buff.

Converse Vs. Area Attack = Player 1 nullifies Area-Attack

Standby Vs. Defend

Item Vs. Block = Player 1 uses an item, and Player 2 discards a card.

Item Vs. Protect = Player 1 uses an item, and player 2 heals himself.

Item Vs. Counter-Attack = Player 1 uses an item, and player 2 heals himself.

Items Vs. Heal = Player 1 uses an item, and player 2 heals himself.

Flee Vs. Block = Player 1 and player 2 place down 3 cards, see first post for example of how it works. Higher number wins exchange. If flee isn't higher number, the block prevents player 1 from escaping.

Flee Vs Protect = Player 1 flees

Flee Vs. Counter-Attack = (See Area Attack Vs. Block example).

Flee Vs. Heal = Player 1 flees.

Move Vs. Block = Player 1 and player 2 place down 3 cards, see first post for example of how it works. Higher number wins exchange. If move isn't higher number, the block prevents player 1 from moving.

Move Vs. Protect = Player 1 discards a card, and player 2 prevents player 1 from moving.

Move Vs. Counter-Attack = (See Area Attack Vs. Block example).

Move Vs. Heal = Player 1 moves.

Converse Vs. Block = Converse nullifies block. Player 2 discards a card.

Converse Vs. Protect = Converse nullifies protect.

Converse Vs. Counter-Attack = Converse nullifies counter-attack.

Converse Vs. Heal = Converse nullifies heal.

Standby Vs. Standby

Item Vs. Item = Both players use their item.

Item Vs. Flee = Player 1 uses their item, and player 2 flees.

Item Vs. Move = Player 1 uses their item, and player 2 moves.

Item Vs. Converse = Player 1 cannot use their item, and they cannot use their item for the remainder of the duel.

Flee Vs. Item = Player 1 flees, and player 2 uses their item.

Flee Vs. Flee = Both players flee, lol.

Flee Vs. Move = Both players place down 3 cards, the higher number wins. If Player 2 wins, player 1 cannot flee.

Flee Vs. Converse = Player 1 cannot flee due to converse. Player 1 discards a card.

Move Vs. Item = Player 1 moves, and player 2 uses an item.

Move Vs. Flee = Both players place down 3 cards, higher number wins. If Player 1 wins, player 2 cannot flee.

Move Vs. Move = Both players move.

Move Vs. Converse = Player 1 cannot move due to converse. Player 1 discards a card.

Converse Vs. Item = Nullifies an item, and prevents play 2 from using the item ever again in the duel.

Converse Vs. Flee = Nullifies Flee.

Converse Vs. Move = Nullifies move.

Converse Vs. Converse = Ayy, dialogue in the middle of combat RP. :)

Note: Player 1 is the person who goes first in the turn, so that's why the outcomes are ordered like such. I will list the ones for 1 vs. 2 and 2 vs. 2 soon, but those get super tedious (not complex), lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Broncos Stats will be allocated during character creation, but I will not ADD Health, because then fights will last FOREVER. In order to gain additional stats after character creation, you'll need to collect weapons, items, and power-ups that offer temporary stat boosts.

And the ones collecting and finding items, perks or weapons are these otaku warriors, right?

I mean I can't expect every otaku warrior to be a Kirito (master at some dojo, shooting, archery or fight club type bulls***) and actually train these waifus/husbandos how to fight.

@NeoLeaf Otaku Warriors and their Waifus, or Husbandos will be searching for items, power-ups, and weapons; not just Otaku Warriors. I don't expect Otaku Warriors to train their waifus, or husbandos in combat, but rather the culture of Japan. However, when the first battle starts up, Otaku Warriors and Waifus/Husbandos may offer strategies they learned through manga/anime, or their world. Think of the battles as methods of training. Did that answer your question, or did I miss anything?

If I were an otaku warrior I'd say, 'Crap baskets...'

The only thing I would know about Modern Japanese culture is through it's subculture... It's less than basic. That and I am something of a slob tourist.

@simj22 Best girl, with those muscles she could pick up a tank.

@NeoLeaf I wouldn't take it too seriously, and to just enjoy RPing. You could be a foreigner who's visiting Akihabara too, if that helps. Not all Otaku Warriors need to be Japanese.

@~SpicyCinnyRollSenpai You must look deeply into your inner fandom.

Well that is reassuring now I have a difficult choice to choose in my waifu/husbando sets...

Well I have to make it comfortable for the roleplayer, meaning that these two would have got to go...

1c9a0bd81e4035b2353b0912793e2327.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back