• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Waifu Wars

JRPG

Member Title
1441256351-05211cccb25fb9805b23628ee5a7be43.jpeg

In the year 2017, the anime and manga spirits summoned and assigned waifus and husbandos to random individuals in the Akihabara district for the purpose of doing battle. These individuals, who’ve gained either a waifu, or husbando are known as Otaku Warriors, and they’re required to guide, teach, and develop their waifu, or husbando for the upcoming battles. Winners will receive exclusive anime, manga, costumes, figures, and computer tech, while losers will face unknown consequences. Waifus and Husbandos fight in these battles in order to earn enough points to return to their homeland. The top Otaku Warrior will be given the chance to fight their waifu, or husbando, and if the Otaku Warrior succeeds they can choose to either return with their Waifu, or Husbando; or force their Waifu, or Husbando to remain in modern Japan. If the Waifu, or Husbando wins, they can choose to return to their world, or live alone in modern Japan without an Otaku Warrior.

There's two ways to go about characters, but I'll leave it up to the roleplayers.

1. You the roleplayer will create your own Otaku Warrior, along with choosing a Waifu, or Husbando (OC, or from an Anime, Manga, Game, Etc). Once a waifu, or husbando is claimed by a roleplayer, it cannot be claimed by any other roleplayers, so first come, first served. Who will be the first to select Rem from Re:Zero, Megumin from Konosuba, Johan Liebert from Monster, Hisoka from HxH, and so on.

2. You the roleplayer will create either your own Otaku Warrior, or a Waifu, or Husbando character. Then, you'll pair up with another roleplayer.

The Hosted Project, Combat System, and Magic are in development.

Battles are typically fought with fists, or random weapons given by the anime/manga spirits (leeks, explosive camera, dragonslayer, punisher, etc.). Yet, no weapon is greater than the other due to the spirits' equalizing weapon strengths. However, weapons may have different uses for combative strategies, which can cause the Otaku Warrior to think, or act differently in a battle scenario.

Threads for battling, or socializing will be provided in the Hosted Project. In a battle thread, it's expected for an Otaku Warrior and their Waifu, or Husbando to do battle with other pairs. Some battlegrounds may consists of two pairs, or more. In a social thread, there's no combat, and conversations/social interactions are encouraged between other roleplayers. If a spontaneous fight seems to occur due to social interactions in the social thread, ask the GM to create a battleground thread for the fight to occur. Only battle threads sponsored by the anime/manga spirits will grant rewards to pairs.

A stat/combat system will determine the outcome of attacks/defense/special abilities in the roleplay, when against either other roleplayers, or NPCs. The stat system requires an allocation of points to stats, while the combat system may utilize either cards, or dice (depending on what everyone prefers) where roleplayers play particular cards, or roll dice to either attack, defend, or use abilities with their characters. Both systems are out of character functions, and they're not used at all in character. This system is currently a work-in-progress.

A magic system is in place, but in the form of power-ups, and they've a limited use, and are randomly assigned by the anime/manga spirits; therefore, power-ups are similar to weapons. Ever had the desire to Kamehameha, Rasengain, Chidori, Pokeball, Thunderbolt, Etc,. your foe? Yet just like weapons, these power-ups will be equalized in strength, but depending on how an Otaku Warrior uses their power-up, there can be a diversity of strategies. Power-ups and weapons are mainly for aesthetic reasons, but they're useful in the sense that they may allow range attacks, angled attacks, area attacks, defensive measures, etc.

This is an interest check, so send a comment here, if you're interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm... not sure how to respond to this. Though, thankfully, I've got several characters of mine that come with wives attached. Sledge in the most literal sense; his wife is his hammer, an intelligent weapon with the personality of a female dwarf.

No, Sledge is the name of my character. He's a Giant, but he was born with a defect, making him smaller than his parents and left for dead. He was then raised by a family of humans and grew up to be a great hero, eventually finding an intelligent weapon by the name of "Longhammer" that chose him to wield her in battle.

@transcendantviewer Your idea can work within this RP, but you'd have to either make the giant a human, or the hammer a human. Since one of the character's is a modern human in Japan, while the Waifu/Husbando can be anything (A giant, or hammer).

@transcendantviewer Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I'm trying to do a card system, and if I can't make that work, I'll probably go to dice with simpler rules. It just depends on what the majority of roleplayers want for the RP.

@Ultraman this sounded stupid when i read the title but this has now seriously got me interested.

@Captain Gensokyo @Shammy the Shamrock @ferociousfeind @The Mechanist @Noivian

@LegoLad659 (i know that you're not much for multi-fandom RPs anymore, but i seriously think this is something you would be interested in)

That has actually changed as of recent, but I'm still gonna have to say no. Battle RPs don't particularly sound appealing to me, sorry.

While it sounds super interesting, I don't think I've seen enough animes to be qualified as either an Otaku or a Weaboo. Call me once I've finished Steven Universe, and am ready to watch Attack on Titan, Rwby, SAO, Sailor Moon, and... anything else that crosses my mind.

@Lettuce You lettuce know your interest, and we appreciate that. I'll let you know when it's up.

@billthesomething Yeah, I plan to edit it a bit more/add stuff to make it more interesting. However, I don't want it to be too complex. The main premise is socializing, battling, or geeking out on your favorite characters from any form of media.

@LegoLad659 May I know what you dislike about Battle RPs? Although combat is a chunk of the RP, there will be threads specialized for socializing/dialogue/slice-of-life. Basically, a place to build-up, and write about your characters' lives/reasons, and how they interact with other pairs in a non-violent scenario.

@ferociousfeind You just need an obsession towards a fictional character from a fandom, and that should work. The character doesn't necessarily need to be from an anime/manga, but the world's certainly anime-clichéd.

@Captain Gensokyo I signed you up, so I'll let you know when the hosted project's up.

@LegoLad659 May I know what you dislike about Battle RPs? Although combat is a chunk of the RP, there will be threads specialized for socializing/dialogue/slice-of-life. Basically, a place to build-up, and write about your characters' lives/reasons, and how they interact with other pairs in a non-violent scenario.

I see no point to them. My area of expertise when it comes to writing is character interaction and dramatic events. I suck at writing good combat and describing things that are more complicated than the layout of a room XD

Just wanna reiterate that I'm eager to join when this is up! It's been a while since I've done anything fandom-related. Do you have a character sheet format that I can fill out in advance, or are you still working on that?

@Ultraman

I always sucked, on this site at least, in the battle royale type of roleplays - mostly because of arrogant arschfokks for either changing reality/making op mary sues.

I'll atleast give it a read when comes out.

I always sucked, on this site at least, in the battle royale type of roleplays - mostly because of arrogant arschfokks for either changing reality/making op mary sues.

I'll atleast give it a read when comes out.

Part of my issue is that many waifus I'd choose for my character are canonically massively OP (we're talking reality-breaking here). However, since pretty much every one of them tend to play fair on an equal level in fights, it wouldn't be a stretch to have them play by the rules of the rp and go start going through RPG-like leveling. That, or waifus/husbandos who are too OP are just forced into the mechanics.

tl;dr Found a way to make OP characters viable.

@NeoLeaf

I would like to participate in this! though I'm not entirely confident in my ability to write combat...I'll do my best...

@~SpicyCinnyRollSenpai Yes my spicy-flavored cinnamon roll, I shall let you know when it's up.

@simj22 yea

@LegoLad659 That's fair, but if you need help in writing descriptions, let me know. I'm always up to help other people.

@Captain Gensokyo There's no character sheet out at the moment, but I'm working on a template. Also, their will be no special abilities/powers for any character, they'll have to collect power-ups in battlegrounds, if they want to use a certain skill, but the skill will be tweaked/equalized by the anime/manga spirits.

@NeoLeaf I plan to have all the talents/skills/abilities from waifus and husbandos be forgotten (most likely the choice I'll do), or equalized, when they enter the new world. Therefore, Goku, if a husbando, as the same optimistic, determined personality, but he lacks the ability to do a Kamehameha. Goku will remember simple martial arts, but he'll have to train it up, if he wants to get stronger. There's definitely a combat system that will involve either dice, or cards as a means of deciding the outcome of an attack/defense/power-up/weapon. I plan to make combat fair, but combat's just one part of the RP, as socializing will also carry a huge chunk of the RP as well.

@TaraSobiki I wouldn't worry about combat. Just enjoy the RP, and if you stumble, we'll be glad to help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back