• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Vault 08 (Fallout Roleplay)

Ghostpal10

A Random Vault Dweller
Vault Tec! We'll Be there! This line was just used to get people into the Vaults. The Year is 2100 and The Vault has been Closed for 33 Years. You have been Born into this Great Vault. As soon as you become 10 You get your First Job and Your Pipboy.

Enjoy!

Mike Woke up. He was Tired from Work again. He slowly climbed out of bed and Slid into his Vault Suit. "Another Day of Work!" Mike said with a Grin. Mike walked down the Hollow corridors of the Vault. It was early in the Morning. He went up the Stairs and Sat in his office.

"
What another Glorious day in the Vault!" Mike logged on to the Terminal. It seemed that he had got a Message from The Security Team.

Wow a Message from Security? They never inform me of anything.

Marcela was wrapped up comfortably is her blanket. Keyword being 'was'. Two pairs of tiny hands began to gently pat her face, and soft voices were asking her to wake up. She sat up to look at the two children by her bedside with blurry vision. Her twin siblings looked up at her with eyes too bright for such an early hour.

"Manny? Carmen? ¿Qué tienes?"
She slurred. They looked to each other before turning back to her and shrugging innocently. Marcela nearly groaned but was cut of by the twins climbing up and burrowing underneath the blanket. They clung to her sides and were fast asleep in no time. The woman carefully settled back into the sheets and began stroking their hair. She should've been use to this by now. She should also be getting up for work soon, but decided against it. The jukeboxes hardly needed immediate repairs anyways.

Rhys got up, got dressed and attended to his hygine. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed in content. It was gonna be a good day, he could feel it. Maybe not the best day, but a good one nonetheless. He walked over to his place at the cafeteria, leaning forward, his forearms resting on the counter beside the register. Checking inventory, he quickly stocked the Nuka Cola machine and prepared the food for breakfast. He usually just waited for any Dweller to come by.

Mike opened the Memo. Just another Security Test. I do get bored with these. Mike got up from his desk and went over to the Window. "Ahh Another Fine day." Mike Mumbled.

I better announce to the dwellers. If any of them are up. Mike Proceeded to walk back to his desk and Pressed the intercom Button.

"This is Overseer Mike speaking. Today will be a Security Test. Everyone Remain Calm and Carry on. Thank You." Mike Took his finger of the Button Immediately after. He hated doing Announcements. He flicked on his PipBoy and Turned on the Radio.

[media]
[/media]

Marcela was woken up again by the sounds of the Overseer announcing a Security Test. Not much time had passed since the twins had crawled into her bed, but she could hear her parents shuffling around outside. She carefully pulled herself from the sleeping children's grasp and began to get dressed. Upon stepping out, her papa roughly ruffled her hair while her mother patted her cheek. Marcela and her papa left once the twin woke up, first heading to the cafeteria to check on the old jukebox.

Valerie was already awake working in her clinic. She was never much of a sleeper, she had seen too much in her lifetime to sleep peacefully anymore. During "nightime" she was usually behind her Chemistry Station performing what test she needed for her patients or doing meaningless experiments just to amuse herself. Today she was finishing of some test when she heard the overseers announcement and shook her head at it. Sending a pa announcement and waking people up for something pointless. She knew most of the security will just by pass other residence than decide on a "random" search of her room. She wasnt too irked by it as she knew as an outsider she would have to expect this sort of thing, still though she was here for almost a year and they found nothing. When will they let up? She sighed and got up adjusting her lab coat. So going home wasn't an option so she decided she will go get something to it in the cafeteria so steeped out the clinic.

Rhys perked up as some others entered the cafeteria. He put on a big, welcoming smile and got ready to help anyone who needed any special service. The meals were hot and ready, set up on the long, pristine counter to his left. He waved to the newcomers and jerked his head to the jukebox in the side of the room.

"Needs a little tune-up. Some tracks won't play."

Parker patrols the halls of the vault, gun in hand, and keeps an eye out for anything suspicious. Besides the occasional giant roach or mantis, not much action goes down here in the vault, much to Parker's disdain. Still, it's his job to patrol the vault and protect it's residents from anything the world throws at them.

Parker holsters his gun to his side, keeping it for later use incase anything seems out of the ordinary. It's quite boring down here, and sometimes Parker wishes for someone to commit a dangerous act in order to give him some excitement in his life.

Mikes Office Began to get Stuffy. I better step out for a while. The AC Isn't working. With that he Walked out of his room and headed down the Stairs. It was much cooler in the Corridors. I may as well go to the Cafeteria to get a drink. He Proceeds to walk down the Hall to the door.

Mike Enters the Cafeteria Where most of the Vault is. He walks past The Dwellers and Smiles at them.

"
May I have a Nuka Cola please?" Mike says to Rhys.

@Quillicious

"Yeah, sure! Anything for the Overseer. Glad to see ya, sir."

Rhys beamed at him. He looked up to Mike and thought he made a great Overseer. Grabbing a bottle of Nuka Cola, he swiftly returned, handing the ice-cold drink to him.

"A great start to the morning, eh?"

@Ghostpal10

"Uh I wish. The AC Is broken in my office. It's warmer than a Nuclear Explosion up there." Mike said with a grin

Mike Popped off the Cap of the Ice Cold Bottle and took a Tiny Sip. Mike Glanced at his PipBoy, He remembered he had An Appointment with the Doctor Today.

"Thanks For the Drink Rhys." Mike then walked over to a Table and Sat down.Another Glorious day in the Vault. He thought to Himself. He continued to take tiny sips of the Nuka Cola.

@Quillicious

Darren woke up, got his outfit on, and went to patrol the Vault. He ended up walking up to

DialgaMatthewa said:
Parker patrols the halls of the vault, gun in hand, and keeps an eye out for anything suspicious. Besides the occasional giant roach or mantis, not much action goes down here in the vault, much to Parker's disdain. Still, it's his job to patrol the vault and protect it's residents from anything the world throws at them.
Parker holsters his gun to his side, keeping it for later use incase anything seems out of the ordinary. It's quite boring down here, and sometimes Parker wishes for someone to commit a dangerous act in order to give him some excitement in his life.
Darren woke up, got his outfit on, and went to patrol the Vault. He ended up walking up to another security guard. "Damn... This job is fucking boring all the time. I wanna go out into the world, see what its like. Ya get what I'm sayin?" he said.

Marcela entered the cafeteria and was hit by the smell of food. She wasn't one for breakfast, eating early left her nauseous for the entire day, but the food on the counter smelt great. There wasn't many people in the cafeteria. Not surprising considering the time, of course. Her father gave a gruff 'good morning' to Rhys and the Overseer before heading to the jukebox. Her poor father, having to work before a proper caffeine boost. She grinned and made her way to the counter, giving Overseer Mike a polite wave.

"Hey Rhys, how's the box holdin' up?"

"Hello, sir. Hi, Marce, it's working well enough. Need anything? I've got some coffee in the back left."

Rhys gave her a grin, winking. It wasn't uncommon for him to do special requests or favors for people randomly. He whistled softly to himself as he wiped up a small spill on the counter.

Mike Finished drinking his Nuka Cola. He decided to go back to his office. It had probably cooled down by now.

"I'm going back to my Office. Visit me if you need anything." Mike Walked out of the Cafeteria and to the empty Hallway. He began to walk up the Staircase to his office. He walked over to the door and opened. In here has definitely cooled down. Mike sat down in his chair and started to type an E-Mail to the Security Staff.

"That's good. It won't take too long to tune up then. Coffee would be great, thanks." Marcela smiled before walking back to her dad. He was sitting on the floor, tool in hand, and squinting at the different wires inside the jukebox. Honestly, was he trying to throw out his back again?

"Come on, anciano. Go get your coffee, let me handle this." Marcela teased as she offered a hand to her dad. Her dad, despite his cursing, took her hand and stood up. She patted his back heavily as he walked towards the counter and took his place on the floor. It was in the middle of tuning did she hear other people come in. Her mother smiled at her and cheerfully greeted Rhys before getting a plate of food and sitting down next to her husband. The twins, like a whirlwind, followed their mom's lead and grabbed a plate of food as well. After a rushing thanks to the man at the counter the two sat down across their parents. Marcela watched them, then turned to stare into the jukebox. They were so happy, and she couldn't understand why. They were locked up and yet they still were able to be so happy. Marcela envied that. She retied her hair and continued on with her work.

Al was in the generator room making sure they were fully functional for the time being. When he was at the last generator he heard the overseer over the intercom announce the security test. "Really? Another one? That's the third one this month. Something must be wrong or maybe there just board as all hell." Al said as he finished the maintenance check up and walked out of the room and headed to the cafeteria to see if the overseer was there so he could speak to him.

Rhys smiled back and tossed his rag over his shoulder. He went into the kitchen and made a mug of hot black coffee. As others started to get up and get food, he greeted each one with a big smile and a different greeting. He walked briskly over to Marcela and held out the steaming cup of coffee.

"Freshly made. Thanks for fixin' up the jukebox, by the way. Real nice of you. Well, it kinda is your job, so..."

Rhys frowned as his thanks were made a little obsolete. He shook his head and shrugged. The smile returned nonetheless.

Marcela was just about finished with the jukebox. It didn't really need too much of a fix, but it was better to take care of it now before the problem got too big. She closed up the machine and pushed it back against the wall. The strong smell of coffee brought her back to attention. She smiled at Rhys and carefully took the hot cup.

"'S no problem at all. Can't enjoy food without proper music, right? Thank you for the coffee." Marcela took a careful sip before moving out of the way of the box. "Wanna make sure she's workin'?"

"Sure! I doubt it's broken, though. Never really been any problems immediately after you fix it. Must run in the family."

Rhys started to browse through the songs. He finally chose one of his personal favorites and played it. His foot tapped to the beat as he leaned against the wall, grinning at Marcela.

"Like it?"

Marcela rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless. She raised her hands slightly and wiggled her fingers slightly.

"Magic touch. Only the best have it, though that probably explains why you don't." Marcela grinned impishly before drinking more of her coffee. The caffeine helped her wake up more, but she barely finished half of the cup by the time she felt the buzz. She gave the warm cup to her dad, who gave her a grateful look before gulping it down. She looked back to Rhys and noticed his song section.

"Big Iron? Nice choice. I get the next song though."

Al walked into the cafeteria seeing some of the inhabitants doing there daily routines. two people he saw stood out it was the cafeteria manager Rhys and the jukebox technician Marcela. He met them on a few occasions but knew there parents much more. He looked around while listening to the song. He preferred more somber songs but still liked it. Unfortunately the overseer wasn't there so he decided to speak to the other two. "Rhys, Marcella how are you doing this fine hour? Hope everything is ok."

@pkdream

@Quillicious

Marcela turned at the sound of her name. She didn't really speak to Al as often as her parents but he was pleasant to talk to. Whenever her dad stopped telling her about the outside world, she would go to Al.

"Morning Al. Everything's good, but dad could probably use a little more caffeine to look less dead." Marcela grinned and nodded over to the booth where the little family was sitting. The older man was currently leaning against his wife with his eyes closed. Mom didn't look phased though. If anything, she looked more relaxed. She waved to Al from her place at the table while the twins continued talking to themselves.

"How are you doing?"

@Alushey

"Mrs. Reyes hope you and your husband are doing fine. Twins hope you've been behaving." Al said focusing on the others at the table then turned to Marcela. "I'm doing quite fine thank you. I just got done running a maintenance check up on the generators and came to see if the overseer was here so I can speak to him but it seems he isn't here so I decided to spark some conversation with familiar faces." Al said as he grabbed a nearby chair and sat down at the table "Anyway how have you been. its been a while since we last spoke and want to know if everything is alright Or if you've experienced anything odd." he said as he wanted to catch up with his old friends and their daughter.

@pkdream

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back