• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Unbound (Skyrim RP w/ Dovahgirl)

bloodydaimyo

The True Kaptain Karmichael
Through an unfortunate turn of events, you were caught up in an Imperial ambush, on the border of Skyrim and Blackmarsh. Now, you've been tied up and tossed in a wagon with a few other criminals, including the leader of the Stormcloak Rebellion himself, Ulfric Stormcloak. You've been riding in the wagon for what must have been hours, surrounded by Imperial soldiers. Gods know where they're taking you, but wherever it is, Sovengarde awaits...

@Dovahgirl

Ora woke up in a carriage carrying other people all with bindings on their wrists. What happened? Why is Ulfric here? She quickly jerked up and sat straight. "Ulfric! I was wondering where you were. When I found you I was knocked out and the last thing I remember was seeing Imperial soldiers." As she was going to continue she was interrupted by the Imperial soldier telling her to shut up.

Ora saw another Stormcloak and even more in the carriage ahead. "We're gonna die..."

Vermundr sat in the back of the 2nd wagon, his huge frame garnering an entire seat to himself, with two Stormcloaks sitting across from him.

"Damn Imperials... Can't just let Skyrim be independent, and Nords like us have to die for it" He thought.

They passed through a gate in to a small town, Vermundr sighed.

"Helgen. Its been a long time since I've been here... looks like I'm gonna die here though..." He muttered grimly.

Ora looked at Vermundr and then the town. "Helgen. Well that's a nice name. Just wish I wasn't here to die. I would rather be helping the Stormcloaks. Though I don't know if they would let a Redguard woman help."

When the carriage stopped everyone got up and got out of the carriages and waited for their names to be listed off. Ora got out and waited for her name to be called off.

Vermundr looked at the woman. And grunted. "Were all sons and daughters of Skyrim right now, redguard." With that, he trudged off the wagon and in to line behind another Nord wearing Stormcloak armor.

Two Imperials stood in front of the carriage, a woman in captain's armor, and a man holding a list.

"When we call your name, step forward." The woman commanded.

The man with the list began, listing off Ulfric and the other Nord, named Ralof. When he called a man named Lokir, he took off on a dead sprint, but archers put him down swiftly. Vermundr winced when the man's body hit the ground.

"What a pitiful way to die..." He mumbled.

Ora chuckled when Lokir took off running but immediately stopped when he died. Didn't think that would happen. When the Imperial soldier with list called her name she walked towards the other prisoners.

When the priestess was saying her speech a Stormcloaks soldier interrupted her and went to the chopping block. A few seconds later he got his head chopped off. Ora waited for the Imperial Captain to call the next prisoner.

"Vermundr, of Whiterun!" The Imperial with the list called out, and he stepped forward, towering over everyone else. He stepped up beside Ora and nodded to her, calm and resolute about his death.

As the priestess continued her speech, and the last names were called, a distant, bonechilling roar could be heard. Vermundr just glanced up, an eyebrow raised.

As Vermundr was at the chopping block, the executioner was about to swing his axe down but fell over when a giant black dragon landed on the tower behind him.

Ora watched as everyone scrambled about and saw Ulfric go to a different tower so she followed. "I can't believe it. It was a dragon. I thought they were long gone."

As soon as he realised he may get out of this alive, Vermundr scrambled to his feet, sprinting after the girl and Ulfric. Ralof slammed the door closed behind them as he came in last.

"What in Oblivion was that?" Vermundr asked, obviously shocked. I thought dragons were just tales told to children!"

Ora heard a crash above them and then a loud roar. She quickly made her way up and saw an opening to what used to be a house. "Vermundr up here! There's an exit!" When Vermundr came up she took her jump and landed in the house. "Come on! Jump across!"

Vermundr followed, as fast as he could, although rather clumsily. He led the way down a wall, before the dragon slammed down right above them, Vermundr hugged the wall, the dragon's wing hanging over him as it breathed fire, roasting several people at once. He motioned for the redguard woman to join him as he ran through the burning town, seeing the imperial that held the list ushering a child to safety.

Ora followed Vermundr through a burning house and then they met up with the Imperial soldier that held the list and then Ralof. The both of them wanted Vermundr and Ora to go with one of them.

"Screw you, you damn Imperial! I'm going with a true Nord not some traitor who sided with the Imperials." Ora motioned Vermundr to the door Ralof went in through and followed him inside.

Vermundr followed Ora and Ralof in to the Keep of Helgen, the ceiling shaking occasionally, with loose rocks falling here and there. The dragon's rage could be heard through the walls, until it eventually went all quiet as Ralof cut the bindings off of the two prisoners.

Vermundr worked the stiffness out of his arms as he looked for a weapon. He was already wearing a stormcloak cuirass, as he was one of Ulfrics guards when they were ambushed. He looked at Ralof and Ora.

"What now?" He grunted.

Ora saw an iron war axe and a dead Stormcloak. She grabbed the war axe and handed it to Vermundr. "I won't need it. I got my fists." Ralof tried to open a door but couldn't as the door required a key.

The other side came Imperial soldiers. Ora stood by the locked door, facing away from the Imperials. "Guys. Kill them when they try to kill me."

Vermundr nodded grimly, taking the axe and gripping it hard in his hand, he and Ralof hid on either sides of the door, unbeknownst to the Imperials. They opened the door and one raised her sword to cut Ora down, but suddenly had an axe lodged in her abdomen. Ralof executed the second Imperial with a swift slice to the throat.

Ora turned around and saw two dead Imperial soldiers and smiled. "Thank you." She then dragged the heavy armored soldier away and came from her spot in the heavy armor of an Imperial captain. "I got armor now. Bloody armor but still. Also, I found the key we need." She tossed the key to Ralof and let him lead.

Vermunder chuckled slightly.

"Suits you well." He said.

Ralof led deeper in to the keep, grabbing a torch off the wall and walking through the gloom. He was about to cross through a long tunnel before the ceiling collapsed violently.

"Well, I guess we aren't going that way." He said. Vermundr saw another possible way out and opened a door, gesturing for the others to follow him.

Ora walked through the door and saw two more Imperials. One was looking in barrel for something. She quietly walked over to the captain and before she got his attention Ora had already snapped his neck. Then she quickly picked up the sword and stabbed the other as he pulled out his own sword.

Ora looked at Vermundr and Ralof and chuckled. "Can't let you both get all the fun."

Vermundr watched as she killed the Imperials before they even knew what was happening. She was more competent in a fight than he had assumed, and he made a mental note not to get in her way.

He found a few potions on a shelf and looted some septims from the imperials, grabbing a shield as well. He looked at Ora.

"Best grab what you can use. No telling what we'll need."

Ora grabbed a couple of potions, mainly health potions then opened the door that continued the passage. The only sound she heard was grunts and lightning. She quickly ran toward an Imperial torturer and rammed him into a torture cage which broke his spine.

Two other Stormcloaks killed the torturers assistant but nearly turned on Ora but thankfully Ralof came to intervene. "I'm also a prisoner. I just don't like light armor." They looked at Ralof and he agreed.

Vermundr watched in a sort of sickened awe at the redguard woman. She fought with a ferocity that could rival that of many Nords.

And he loved it.

By the time he got in to the fray, it was already over, and he went about looting the bodies. Ralof gave him a few lockpicks, and after breaking one or two, Vermundr got the cage open, looting a coin purse and a spell book from a mage. He knew he had no use for it so he handed the book to Ora and, almost an afterthought, tossed her the coins to.

He found an iron greatsword and disposed of the axe and shield. He always preferred to keep both hands on his weapon anyway.

Ora saw the spell book and smiled. Then she nearly dropped the coins because she didn't think fast enough to catch it. "Thanks." She quickly opened up the spell book only to have it disappear. Then her hands started to have sparks appear in her palms. "Good beginner spell."

When Vermundr picked up the great sword Ora smiled. "Gods gave you two hands and you use them both for your weapon. I like that."

Ralof and the other two Stormcloaks led the way and Ora followed only to have multiple Imperials be in a big area. The Stormcloaks charged into battle while Ora stood there. Good fighters them Nords.

Vermundr nodded at her comment about his new blade, and followed the Stormcloaks in to the next room, when he saw the Imperials, he wasted no time in charging, a brutal battle cry emanating from within his body as he ran one of the soldiers through with his sword.

As he freed his blade an arrow flew by his head, skimming it and leaving a shallow cut across his cheek. He ripped the sword from the body and advanced on the archer, who dropped his bow and tried to run before having his leg caught with Vermundr's sword. He rolled on to his back and begged for the giant Nord not to end his life.

Ora saw a soldier begging for his life. Vermundr didn't need to end his life as Ora was already beside the soldier. "A true Nord wouldn't beg for mercy." She picked the soldier up by neck and slammed him on the ground. "You deserve a death fit for a coward." After a few seconds of the soldier trying to loosen the grip of his attacker's hand, Ora quickly slammed the soldier against the wall and left him to bleed out.

Ralof and the other Stormcloaks looked at the soldier bleeding out and then Ora. The other Stormcloaks left towards the other direction to look for Ulfric while Ralof went ahead and pulled a lever that lowered a bridge.

Ora looked at Vermundr and motioned for him to lead the way. "I'm going to collect some arrows and get a bow that isn't is bad condition. I'll catch up."

He nodded and followed Ralof through the caves, the air getting steadily colder. He knew they were getting close to the surface.

Ralof put a hand on his chest suddenly, crouching down, and whispering.

"Quiet. There's a bear over there... looks like she's sleeping. We could try to sneak past or... you could test your luck with the bow."

Vermunder shook his head. "Lets leave her be, Ralof. The creature isn't bothering anyone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back