• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Two Ideas that I am hoping to pursue!

What would you be interested in joining?

• Welcome to Avantia (Dice)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Welcom to Avantia (Regular)

• A Simple Game of Chess (Dice)

• A Simple Game of Chess (Regular)

• Total voters

Yoki

Bacterial Arsonist
Hello! Hello!

Recently I have thought about creating a few group roleplays, and I've come up with ideas for a few, but what I want to do is make sure that people are interested in these Roleplays before putting all of my effort into creating and GMing them.

That leads to why I'm here! I'm hoping that you lovely people can tell me whether or not you'd be interested in joining an RP that revolved around either of the ideas below! So, let's get right into it!

Ideas below!

(These are simple descriptions of what I have in mind, if you have any questions or need to know any more I have a lot more planned out. I just wanted to give everyone a general overview before diving into it.)

1. "Welcome to Avantia"

There is a world that is generally hidden from our own, it's like an alternate universe almost. This world is everything that you dream about as a child, it has dragons, fae, elves, gnomes, and wizards a-like. Avantia is all around your average fantasy dream.

Well, at least that's what it seems like.

However everything in this world is not how it seems, there is an evil presence that lurks in the darkness, threatening to destroy Avantia and it's inhabitants...

Now, you would think, with all the magic and knowledge in this world, the inhabitants would have known how to combat this 'evil force', but they do not. See this force is not from their world, nor any world that they have heard of, it is new, and it is deadly.

There was a prophecy told long ago that there were heroes that could fight this darkness, heroes that must be taken from a world without sorcery and magic, without mythical beasts, they must have experiences of another kind.

Only humans were able to beat such a creature, but not just any humans, only humans with magical potential. Humans with much more power than any great sorcerer, the inhabitants of this great world must summon them and give them the power and guidance they need to fulfil their task.

What if one day your were taken from your world and thrown into this mythical wonderland?

What if you were one of those chosen humans?

2. "A Simple Game of Chess"

Everyone has experiences in their lives, some are bad, some are good. No one gets through life without going through hard times, without doing something they regret, without hurting someone in some way at least once.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Our protagonists are just people. All from different backgrounds, all of different ages, all from different places. They know nothing about one another, they don't even know one another...but one thing connects them all... They're all hiding something from the rest of the world.

They've all been having the same dream for the past three months.

It's always the same, simply them sitting at a chess board, playing a simple game of chess, a strange boy sitting across from them. None of them know who this boy is, but they play with him every night, and every night they ask him the same questions... They don't even know why they ask, but they always do.

They ask a few questions, he gives a few answers...there's always a pause...and then they ask their final question.

"How many days?"

Hearing this the boy simply smiles...and the dream ends.

But what if that dream wasn't just a dream?

Again, at night they go to sleep, expecting to have that same dream again, but what happens when that dream is gone and instead they stand on a strange board, surrounded by other people. That boy they have seen so many times before standing in front of them all, telling them all that they are a part of his game now, and in order to leave...they must win.

This isn't just chess anymore, it is a game of experiences, fears must be overcome, secrets shared, everyone must admit their mistakes in order to escape. They must work as a unit in order to beat this strange, twisted game once and for all, but will they be able to do it?

Or will they fall at the first hurdle?

(Of course this needs a lot more fleshing out, but this is the basic concept!)

So! That's all!

I really hope you enjoyed reading my ideas, I would definitely appreciate feedback and to know if anyone is interested!

Also, I was thinking about changing these over to dice...but I'm not sure if that would work or not, so I'm going to put that in a poll also, so make sure to vote!

Thanks for reading!

Don't have much to offer in the way of feedback. I am very interested in your second idea though. Would be fine with or without dice. Hoping more people chime in for that one. <3

Well I'm definitely looking to do it if I get like two or three more people interested! It doesn't need too many people and I think it could definitely be interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back