• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tremor

Yoki

Bacterial Arsonist

Tremor

Time is falling apart
1xUJa.gif

The Plot
Everyone has felt them... The strange...'tremors' in the ground.

They usually only last for a few seconds at a time, and they usually aren't that bad, they just surprise you a bit. They're really not that big of a deal...

Opinions are divided on what they could be. Some believe that they're part of a large scale earthquake that is on its way, other people think that they're simply just the earth's plates getting stuck from time to time, some just don't care... They're not a big deal, they don't bother anyone that much, so what's the issue?

The issue is more colossal than they could ever imagine...You know this.

You know this because you've seen it. You've seen what these...'tremors' really do.

Most people think they only last for a moment, but you know better, every time you feel a tremor you know it's about to happen again.

The world around you stops, freezes in time, people stuck in place, cars stopped in their tracks, everything...silent...

You've tried moving them, you've tried shouting to them, but no one can hear you... No one even knows you're there, for them...no time has passed... You could build a tower and no one would notice, it would all happen in the blink of an eye for them. It's a lonely and terrifying experience, and you know you can't tell anyone, they would think you were crazy, so...you usually just wait the time out. You wait until everyone suddenly reanimates and goes about their business like nothing ever happened, it's astonishing to you that people go about their days so casually like everything is fine. It's not fine! You know it's not fine! Time isn't supposed to stop...it isn't supposed to leave you scared and alone for what can feel like hours to you, but be only seconds to them... You know you have to do something, but you don't know what to do.

You're out one day, doing whatever it is that you do regularly, when time freezes yet again. Sick of waiting around for people to reanimate, you decide to go on a walk, explore this frozen prison of yours for a little bit. It's then that you notice it, movement, something small darts in between person after person as if running. Realising you might not be alone after all, you hastily give chase, calling out to the person ahead to try and get their attention, but they ignore you and just keep going.

You run for awhile until, a few meters away, you see the figure stop, back facing you. You stop, standing and staring at them... You want to say something, but your voice catches in your throat.

"We must find them."

His quiet voice sounded so loud in the silence that surrounded you both.

You want to answer, but he does not give you the chance to.

"The Breakers. They can fix this...we must find them before it is too late."

Let's Get More Detail
Ah! So you managed to get through the plot, and now you're here to learn more about 'Tremor', huh?

Well, alright then. I guess I can tell you what it's all about.

Tremor is an RP set in a world where time is starting to break down, most people think it's nothing since it's over in seconds. They don't realise that what they're experiencing is in fact not anything to do with the ground or earthquakes, but is instead a kink in the space time continuum, what they're experiencing is much more than just the plates of the earth rubbing together a little, it's time itself starting to break. However, they don't realise that, because well, when time stops so do they.

This story would follow the journey of several individuals who are, for some reason, unaffected by the stopping of time. They do not freeze like the rest of the world, no, they are left to roam as they please, doing whatever they like.

Like said in the plot above, one day these people notice someone else, and that changes everything. He tells them that the 'Breakers' are needed to fix the breaks in time.

Now, let me explain a little bit about Breakers to you.

When time started falling apart, certain people happened to be in the wrong place at the right time, these people were granted special 'powers' of sorts. Whilst they aren't powerful enough to stop time completely, they can freeze people, create shields, fire bolts of energy, some Breakers can even occasionally unfreeze people stuck in time when the Tremors happen...though this is rare and requires a lot of energy. They also do not get frozen during the tremors. These people are a large part of putting time back together, so they just have to be found... The only problem is...some of them haven't even discovered their own powers yet... However, their powers don't come free, it takes a lot of energy to mess with time, so using too much energy could cause them to pass out, if they use a large enough burst they could even put themselves in a coma, or...in some more serious cases...die... It's the 'Powerless's' job to find them and fix time before anything worse happens. The 'Powerless' are the people without the Breaker's powers that are somehow still able to move when time stops, whilst not really powerless, this is the name that has been adopted for them.

Time needs to be fixed, but not everyone out there wants to fix it, and not every Breaker is friendly or 'good'. You never know when someone might want to sabotage your plan, some people know more about the Tremors than you do, some people want it to stay this way, they like the freedom, and some people...well some are just done with the human race and couldn't care less about what happens to them.

Will you be able to do it?

Will you be able to fix time?

Or do you wish for it to come to an end too?

Available Positions

If you need any information on anything to do with Breakers or anyone else, I can give you it, this is just an interest check after all!

I may also add more places to everything depending on interest.

Breakers:

(I will only allow up to four Breakers, since these people need to be few and far)

1. @Thatonechillgirl

@Illusive

@Semblance

Citizens:

(We can have as many of these as we please.)

Want to Know More?
If you managed to get this far... I just want to say thank you! Thank you so much for reading all of this!

If you're interested in my plot then please just post below with what position you'd want to take and I'll fill that up for you!

Also, if you have any questions about anything, feel free to contact me via PM or message down below! I'm also open to feedback and any sorts of changes you'd think might make this RP better and more enjoyable for everyone!

<3

~ Yoki

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for all the interest! You've all been put in!

I'll wait until I get back to see if anyone else is interested, and then I'll set up a thread, if new people want to join that then they're welcome to!

monopoisoner said:
if you happen to want help with setting up the thread, please feel free to hit me up <3
I'll be sure to do that! There'll be quite a few tabs so it might be useful to have some help!

Thank you!

Could be interested in a breakers spot if possible ;O

This sounds hella interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="too much idea]Can i take that last Breaker spot?
I'm thinking of a person who are not interested in fixing the Tremors

[/QUOTE]
Yes! You can!

ALL BREAKER POSITIONS ARE TAKEN.

More may be added depending on how many people are interested.

[QUOTE="The Roller of 1s]May I reserve a powerless spot?

[/QUOTE]
Yes you may my friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back