• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy This Sea Isn’t MY Ocean. (Pirate Isekai) (Main, closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

AniMANIA7983

Axolotl be back
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The base beginning for everyone goes something like this

you open your eyes to a floor of wooden planks beneath you. Your head feeling fuzzy. You see blue and white, blurring together. After you blink twice, you see an overhead sky. You have no energy to even move. And something in the air smells… damp, and somewhat rotten. You feel something moist next to you underneath your right hand. You bring your hand above your face, it takes it a second to come into focus when it drips onto your face. Red.

You quickly turn to see a face with unblinking eyes, their soul lost to them. A large cut is gouged across their neck. Something about them is familiar, but you dont have time to contemplate what, as your stomach feels like a horse kicked it in. You quickly make your way to the railing to see pale blue saltwater. And what do you see? That same face In the reflection.

shock takes over you for a second and only a second, when a reassuring voice plays inside your head. “Don’t worry, it was their time, you will be taking their place.

memories flood your head, and you now know a few things.

1. You died, and it wasn’t your time, but it was too late to be revived.
2. A god (whom i will control) took pity on your embarrassing death and decided to adopt you into their world, for your god abandoned theirs long ago.
3. The world you have been brought to is mostly flooded, but humans still occupy it.
4.you were not born into this world, so you had to take on someone’s place.
5. You have divine protection until it is your time. on your wrist you have a clock counting down until your time of death. You haven looked yet, and dont even know if you want to yet.

and 6. This god doesn’t care about free will as much as your god did, and they made their world on a whim. They are not all seeing or all knowing, but they are all powerful. They could see and know all if they wanted to, but they choose not to because it makes everything boring.

I want at least 5 crew members. Not looking for advanced lit, but I do want you to attempt when it comes to your grammar, though its not too bad if there are mistakes here and there. If you want in, pleas at least stay for the first six pages, last rp i tried to make flopped before it even began because people lost interest after a week. Before it even began.

Abilities are allowed but being able to use them depends on wether it makes sense for you to know them.

if you were just brought into the world you will need to study, but if you want a character that was already in the world you can have limited abilities. My character has a lot for lore reasons, but im only showing a few of them for now.

you will also have to figure out your social standing if you are someone who lives in the world already

Everyone that starts from earth will interact with the god first.

Last edited:
Mathius wakes up and slowly starts looking around when he sees a dead body laying next to him. He calmly looks it over trying to figure out how it died seeing it had a slashed neck and gets up he didn’t want to touch it feels the floor away almost like he’s on a boat. He walks around till a mirror catches his eyes and he slowly approaches the mirror looking into his own eyes he’s gets flash backs of how he died early in his life and no matter what people tried to do he still died. a god who was so kindly enough to give him a second chance after He died by a glass of water and gave him divine protection, I wasn’t birthed into this world and that dead body is my doppelgänger from this world and he died by tripping and falling on a garden hoe. After remembering all this he quickly and sneakily drags and dumps the body overboard. He then goes back to the room and sits down to think about what’s happened.

A voice enter’s Mathius’s head, it sounds slightly effeminate, it obviously isnt his own monologue. It says, “how calm you are after a little taste of death. Check your pocket; I have gifted you an amulet that will keep you from choking on mere mortals ambrosia again.” And indeed at the spoken thought weight appeared in the man’s pocket, “I will grant you protection, though it has it’s bounds. I may keep immense danger from you, but if i believe you may handle yourself, i will not intervene. i will be with you if you ever need anything, just speak. pray, and I may answer.”

Mathius looks around trying to see where the voice came from “was that in my head?” He wonders pulling out his cutlass

“pray and ye shall find the answer.“ The voice states from below his belt buckle

His hand gains a voice, “do not worry. I am the god of this world, I am everywhere, and i am nowhere. I am not a threat.” A feeling of ease washes over him

“For me? All I ask is you make your second chance interesting. Do whatever you would like, just try not to kill too many people.”

Gabriel wakes up, stomach still sore, groggily opening his eyes he notices a wash of red covering both his hands and the deck. Looking around for the cause he finds the body. "well aint he an ugly bastard, ha!". Getting up he wabbles over to the edge of the boat and looks into the water realizing the body was somehow his own. " aww dammit, im the ugly one." Feeling h around his body he notices his gear and the corpses matching equipment "might as well double down" he loots the second gauntlet and the two very large swords. A sudden realization hits him "ive never even fought before" taking tthe body and pauses before tossing him over board. "i might need you" and puts him backdown remembering how he starved in the grocery store as well as his second chance. He begins to search the ship and finds the nail with some flesh on it, "tripped? Ha better than starvin"

Mathius walks out the room “well then I’ll talk to you when I need you next” he wanders the boat looking for something of value

Mathias reaches into his pocket and puts on the amulet “never again “ he mutters as he walks into the kitchen and looks for food and drink

Gabriel hears the voice once more. “This is your second chance at life. You are essentially reborn. Think of this as life anew. In your pocket you will find a ring of gluttony. When worn on any part of your body, you will be able to eat anything in any amount, and you will never starve”

Puts ring on unspecified body part " just incase i get a girlly friennd, atleast its not in my brown eye.... Turn this gold ring to bronze"

“Interesting placement…” the voice awkwardly says, “enjoy your extra time, if you ever need me do not hesitate to pray” the presence looms over him, though it seems more faint.

Last edited:
Perhaps ill look for supplies before i resort to desperate measures" he glances at the body still on the deck

Stad slowly opened his eyes. His head was killing him, and it felt like he had a mouth full of sand. His tongue was sandpaper to the roof of his mouth. He felt this sticky, iron-scented substance on his face. His past experiences told him it was blood, but his eyes were unfocused as he lifted his hand to shade them from the midday sun. Rolling over with a groan, he slowly opened his eyes to be met face to face with... a dead body with its throat cut open from ear to ear. Jerkily getting up, he rushed over the railing and hurled what little stuff he had in his stomach over. Jeez, that was a sight to wake up to, he thought. Then looking around he wondered where he was and how he got there. He quickly realized that he was on a boat, but his groggy mind was protesting the brutal wake up.

“Hello Stad”, a voice appears in the back of his head, “dont worry, that is just your doppelgänger“, a sense of familiarity flows over him as memories from his time between lives are inserted into his mind.”

in said memories there was a vague meeting with a androgynous god; explaining to him how he died, and how he was being given a second chance, “the doppelgänger before you, ran out of time, so you will be taking their place. All that there is for you to do is take care of the corpse, then sail until you stumble across someone who can help you. I have made a few others the same offer, and have given you each divine protection. If you need assistance with finding them, just pray and I may assist.”

Last edited:
“Hello Stad”, a voice appears in the back of his head, “dont worry, that is just your doppelgänger“, a sense of familiarity flows over him as memories from his time between lives are inserted into his mind.”

in said memories there was a vague meeting with a androgynous god; explaining to him how he died, and how he was being given a second chance, “the doppelgänger before you, ran out of time, so you will be taking their place. All that there is for you to do is take care of the corpse, then sail until you stumble across someone who can help you. I have made a few others the same offer, and have given you each divine protection. If you need assistance with finding the, just pray and I may assist.”
"I would have to say my interest is peaked," Stad replied to the disembodied voice. "But I don't really know how to sail a ship. And I don't think being thrown to the sea is a fitting burial for any person, deppleganger or not."

”take me to the helm and I shall guide your hands”. The disembodied voice speaks, “however, something about humans is that they all don't seem to like death. And if they see your doppelgänger in the state they are in, they may get angry, even though you had nothing to do with their death. Also, be weary of the one who did do it. They are more than likely still around the ship you now call home.”

Mathius having found no food he wants to eat in the kitchen he decides to go out to the top deck and look around. As he walks out the Sun shining bright in his eyes he sees what looks like a make shift green house growing some kind of small tree and watermelon “why is there a green house on a boat?”

as gabriel begins to look for rations and supplies, as he does so he hears a very faint etherial voice. "THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE" he turns slowly "hello?"

as he faces down the stairway he just came from a spirit appears before him " DID YOU DO THIS?"

The deity speaks to the specter, “you died by your own mistake, and it was close enough to your time that I allowed someone to take your place, it is not their fault.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back