• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Marianne stared down at the ground. "I'm... not a monster." they whispered, voice quivering slightly. "if I am one... if I am a monster for being different... for not being that compliant good girl, then perhaps the world ought to re-evaluate what makes a monster. I am a criminal, a doctor, but I have hurt no one save for myself. and I do not regret my supposed crimes." the anarchist shifted slightly, taking a step closer to the doctor.

"my body has warped itself... but it has never been kind to me. but then, perhaps it is unfair to place all the blame on my body. you... you just admitted it... didn't you?" Marianne suddenly began to laugh slightly, one hand reaching up to clutch at their head "you... just admitted that... you know what is going to happen to me... this whole damned affliction was made by you, by the government. the disappearances were a cover-up for this... experimentation. so when I published the article... no wonder I was taken! and... of course... I hate to play the Comparing Things To The Holocaust card. but... think about it. civilians" Marianne pointed out the window to other prisoners "and undesirables and dissidents" they pointed to themself "have been taken prisoner. experimented on. tortured. dissected. MURDERED! and for what reason? supposedly in the name of science, but rather in the name of control!"

lurching forward slightly, Marianne moved to within arms reach of the doctor, staring down. "Now, I wouldn't quite think you to be the mengle here... but that does not mean that you can simply get away with the excuse that you were Just Following Orders. You'll surely remember that Eichman, who used that same excuse, was found guilty. because he was. and so are EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!" Marianne practically screamed, one hand digging into their own scalp, tears in their rage-filled eyes. "you are... the real monsters" Marianne whispered, voice dropping.

Dr. Irene Dreadnought

Her frown intensified into a scowl as Marianne ranted, making comparisons that made her uncomfortable. Dr. Dreadnought did not feel guilty. No, instead she felt victimized. It occurred to her, incorrectly, that she was being treated this way because of her age. It was just like young people to think of their elders as inherently backwards, or so she thought. She would have no qualms about playing that card, and a few more.
Her voice lowered into a tone that was quieter, but somehow harsher.

"I think I have enough information now, but let me tell you something: I think I know what you're really saying. You think you're too good to say it, but I know exactly what you're thinking. You think I'm a Nazi just because I'm old! I'll have none of that! Can you imagine what my wife would think? Or my grandpa! He fought the Nazis, you know. The real ones."
She lowered her clipboard, pocketed her pen, and backed toward the edge of the glass door, staring at Marianne as though forbidding them to come up with a rebuttal.

Onyx Wojcik

They waited, pacing as they did so, and stared around the room at the sheer blankness of it. There wasn't much, just a pile of straw, the door to the water closet, a few of their old stuffed animals from home, and a telephone.... A telephone? When did that get here? Onyx wracked their tired, woozy brain for what was said to them about the telephone when they first were admitted to GreenGlen, but they couldn't recall. Still, they were overjoyed to have that landline within reach.
"Hmm.... Who do I even call? Could I... Well, I'm sure going to find out!" Onyx approached the phone, staring down the almost too-good-to-be-true keypad and the little piece of laminated paper stuck to the wall next to it, which told them that they could not make calls outside the building. "Aw man! Well, it does say I can call a doctor, or other patients."
They decided against calling a doctor, as the past few to examine them were insufferable. Instead, they picked up the phone and delicately entered a random number, then held it to their ear.

marianne, cowed slightly, took a step back "i-... i did not mean to scare you. nor did i intend to compare you to them in any ideological way. merely the... i don't know, HUMAN EXPEREMENTATION part was what drew me to that conclusion. of course, it isn't like America isn't guilty of comiting these same atrocities." moving to sit against the wall, only to flinch slightly and pull away, they let out a slow sigh, before locking eyes with irene "do you really think i would let ageism affect my observation? i do not. but what you are doing, the orders you are following... it is... simply... horrifying. you have abandoned your oath, the Hippocratic oath that you swore when you became a doctor. do no harm... is this not harm?"

Last edited:
Dr. Moore's words were cold, snaking their way up into Odette's head, causing her to shiver with fear and anticipation. That didn't sound good.

"Right... Whatever was I thinking?" The pointed comment was meant to sound sarcastic, but all attempts at being snarky had passed. Odette suddenly didn't feel in the mood to play anymore. Her stomach turned at the thought of pain she would have to endure once again. It never ended. It never would end. Thankfully she wouldn't have to speak with Dr. Moore anymore today. Dr. Bell wasn't necessarily a warm lady, but Odette found her amusing. The blond woman was terribly distrusting to the point it was comical. Anxiety practically wafted off of her. Oddette couldn't remember the last time the two had had a "session" together, but all the same she was quite familiar with the emotionally stunted woman.

"I look forward to it. Your question regarding my echolocation is as I said- It's improved. I can find my way around without bumping into things now. It takes time, of course, but I have been managing. Nothing new to report." With that, she turned back in her seat towards the desk and began fiddling with the cube again. She was overly aware of the redhead's presence behind her, listening intently for any signs of movement- The scraping of the chair, the doctor's terrible, deliberate footsteps walking towards her, a hand on her shoulder... No, she knew better than to touch Odette, didn't she?

#311 drew her tongue over her sharp teeth, ready to react at the first sign of physical contact. She would answer any questions the doctors threw her way, but there was no need to touch a patient for a morning checkup, at least in her situation.

"Are the questions done?"

Dr. Harper Ellen Fenten
Harper had to sigh at the patient’s growing panic at her presence. Check-ins really weren’t meant to be so difficult or anxiety provoking and nothing bad was supposed to happen during them unless a patient became violent. Once a patient became violent, then everything else pretty much went out the window, but the facility seemed pretty capable of managing those incidents.

Nonetheless, she maintained her composure in discussing the situation with Rowen. “I’m just checking in with you right now. There is nothing else currently on my agenda,” she spoke in a calm tone with no hesitation. “Since your symptoms in particular seem linked to emotion, sleep is important for you to be able to regulate appropriately. That’s why I’m asking about it. No one - whether they are ill or not - can regulate their emotions well when they aren’t sleeping.” Sometimes patients here still were able to be reasoned with and so this was Harper’s attempt at that.

“Can you think of anything reasonable that we could do to help you sleep better? Would a comfort item help or perhaps some medication to help you wind down at the end of the night? Is it too noisy?” Harper hoped the patient understood what she meant by reasonable. They obviously weren’t going to send them home just so that they could sleep better, but there were certain changes that could be made to help promote better sleep within Greenglen for certain patients if it helped.

withinasapphire withinasapphire

Emmitt Graicer
Although Emmitt’s morning plan had been entirely disrupted by the presence of one particularly annoying doctor, he was relieved to discover that even after his jolt into wakefulness, no one seemed to take notice of him. Briefly, he walked up to the bars on his cell and looked both to his left and his right to see if there were any nearby doctors who might try to bother him and his eyes didn’t see anyone. More notable was how quiet it was in his mind. There weren’t any bothersome whispers to keep him thinking he was going crazy.

Emmitt took that as a good sign and resumed his morning plan of laying in bed pretending to be asleep. Maybe he would be able to avoid check-ins altogether. Then he wondered… if they didn’t check-in with him, would that mean he would be free from “treatments” today? The young boy hoped so.

He listened to what she said, separating his hands from his eyes. His claws lightly dug into his arms as his hands settled onto them for a change, her words being turned over in his head. Yes, it was just a check-in, but..who knows what those who pledge loyalty to the facility do? Maybe being tortuous was a habit gained when you got hired for the job at GreenGlen. It didn't matter when or where it occurred. Just as long as it happened. There must be some here that think along those lines, given what goes on in this place.

Even with his mind being overrun with possibilities though, Rowen tried to calm himself. As of now, things seemed..fine. He really didn't want to make the psychiatrist mad. Then maybe she would want to hurt him after all. His breaths came out more erratic as he attempted to breath in and out, little by little managing to lessen his panic as seconds ticked by. It would be a disastrous result if his symptoms acted up now, after all. He wished to avoid that for the time being. It was still only morning.

His body let out the tiniest of shakes as he glanced at the psychiatrist, his eyes avoidant of her lab coat. The only way Rowen felt he could sleep well again would be if he were home. But, that seemed more and more like a place he'd never encounter again. Feeling increasingly more aware of the bags under his eyes, he contemplated her words.

"No medicine. Please." He replied, not at all trusting the medicine that could be administered in a place like this. There was no telling what the staff could give him. They already viewed the patients here like animals, would they really give medication that could help in an act of sincerity? Raising his hand up to brush a piece of his hair back, his other hand dug further into his arm. "Um..I think..a comfort item would be nice. It..might help to hold onto one." A sudden thought then occurred to him. "Would other doctors try to take something like that away?" He asked.

LavenderRain LavenderRain

Luka Hawthorne | Patient #003246
Luka tilted his head to the side as he considered all her questions, a slight frown furrowing his brow as he sorted through which to answer first. The rapid-fire interview left him feeling a little disoriented but he knew that it was part of the process of his check-up and that he was expected to answer. "Physically, I have noticed some changes since I was brought here. My vision at night after the lights have gone out seems to have improved; before I could barely see from my bed to the door but now I can see across the hall. The down-side of this seems to be that the lights are harsher on my eyes, would it be possible to make them a bit dimmer in my room?" He inquired politely.

A sudden scream from somewhere down the hall startled Luka, his ears pinning back against his head as his eyes flicked towards the glass window. He should be used to such noises, they happened quite frequently given the testing that went on daily but the noise never fails to rattle him every time he hears it.

It took him a moment to collect himself before he returned to answering Dr. Hearth's questions. "I will admit that I have been missing the feeling of the sun and fresh air on my face but I understand why we are not allowed outside. I'm not sure if it due to the virus, but I have been feeling a restless sort of energy lately that no amount of pacing seems to lessen, especially at night."

Feral Feral

Autumn Maddox | Patient #004150
The loud, shrill ringing of the phone startled Autumn enough that she jolted, her book tumbling out of her lap with the motion and thumping to the floor. Eyes widening under her blindfold, she turned her head in the direction of the noise as she slowly slipped off of her bed. She had honestly forgotten there was even a phone in her room, only having a vague recollection of one of the doctors telling her that she could call doctors or other patients with it. No one had rung her cell until now, so the existence of it had faded from her mind.

But who was calling her now? A doctor perhaps? As the phone continued to ring, she followed the sound, one hand raised to feel around for where she could hear the ringing coming from. Her fingers bumping into the cold, smooth plastic, she wrapped her hand around the handle and lifted the phone from where it rested, pressing what she hoped was the correct end against her ear. "Hello?" She asked in a quiet, confused voice.

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back