• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

WolfStar12

Self-Loathing Werewolf
1CA32CA6-B807-4613-A574-057D54A03A49.jpeg

The year is [REDACTED]. It has been years since traces of the virus had been recognized by members of the US government.
Traced back to a remote location in New Mexico, the virus quickly spread to other parts of the world, resulting in strange anomalies within the host it resided in. Symptoms included large keratin growths protruding from the top of the skull, increased levels of EMP, loss of gravitational control, rigid plates on the surface of the skin. Traits that classic mythology attributed to monsters, demons, angels, gods, that the modern man saw in superheroes or fairy tale stories, all realized in the flesh. Brought to our reality by some mysterious ailment not yet seen by human kind.
Naturally, this had to be studied further.

Enter Operation GreenGlen. To prevent further outbreak or even acknowledgement of the illness by the general public, the US government funded a laboratory research facility located in [REDACTED] known as GreenGlen. Individuals who were noted to contain symptoms of the virus, (labeled as patients), would be forcibly removed from the area and brought to the facility to be contained there until further notice. They would be placed into specialized containment units via security to be prepped for testing. Enter the doctors, a group of scientists assigned to study these patients in order to assist in fully understanding the origins and capabilities of the virus. Patients would be tested on the effects their symptoms have on their genetic makeup, how their abilities have been altered, as well as how they react to certain stimuli. These studies would be achieved by a series of tests cataloging their mental, physical, emotional, and overall biological response to various stimuli ranging from increased temperatures, decreased temperatures, dissection, electrical shocks, decreased oxygen levels, various injections, and heightened radiation levels, to name a few. Experiments at GreenGlen Laboratories are also conducted in less messy ways, carried out via daily interviews with the patients, as well as enrichment programs designed to test out the patient’s capabilities. These enrichment programs are catered to the individual patient. A Type A patient with symptoms including increased muscle growth may be given a set or weights or sandbags to test out potential increased strength, while a Type B patients exhibiting hydrokinesis may be given a small jug of water and asked to move the contents to another container using their symptoms.
Although GreenGlen has been operating functionally for little over a year since the initial outbreak, there has been some controversy about its methods, mainly from within the walls of the facility itself. These complaints gleam from the patients themselves due to supposed mistreatment from it staff, a response that should be completely disregarded and met with an increase in security to prevent any potential riots. Life within the confines of GreenGlen remains uneasy, both between its patients and its staff. You will be playing as either a doctor, a staff member at GreenGlen tasked with studying its bizarre and abnormal residents, or patient, once a human, but is inhibiting supernatural afflictions, resulting in them becoming a permanent resident. Here you will follow the everyday lives of both the staff and residents of GreenGlen, with the crux of the story depending on the relationships you form, but it is important to remember;
ESCAPE IS FUTILE.

The first area of the building. On the right is the secretary’s desk, where all employees must sign it and sign out to confirm when they’ve arrived and when they’ve left for work. Employees may often come to the secretary’s desk to request important information and to send and receive emails from coworkers and Higher Ups. On the left is the elevator which leads to the numerous floors of the building. There is also a seating area to wait in case of long lines.
These cells are where the patients are held, consisting of four walls with the front one being made of glass. The glass wall also serves as a window and a door. All of the cells are lined up next to each other in a hallway and can only be opened by doctor access cards. The cell is relatively small, with only a bed, a desk and a chair, as well as a phone on the wall used to contact other patients and doctors. Some cells may also contain items the patient may find amusing or stimulating, as well as additional security measures to prevent them from escaping. On the back wall there is a door which leads to a water closet, complete with sink.
The locker rooms are large areas for the patients to shower. Unlike most locker rooms, they are not separated by gender, but instead by individual showering rooms that only one person can enter. Special precautions are made to make sure no patient can enter another‘s shower room at the same time. The locker rooms are also in the same area as the employee bathrooms, but they are not the same place.
The cafeteria is where both patient and staff go to eat. This is one of the few places patients can interact with one another physically. The room is quite spacious with many large circular tables in the middle for the patients. On the left side of the room is the kitchen where the chefs make the food. The kitchen also contains an open window with a serving line in front of it, so patients are able to be given their food. On the right side is where the staff members sit. Their arrangement is quite similar to the patients, but isolated and higher up to monitor them.
The employee lounge is an off-limits area where the staff of GreenGlen can go during their break periods. A simple room, like many of its kind, there are chairs, tables, counters, and even a refrigerator, water cooler, coffee pot, and vending machines. It is highly advised doctors do not spend copious amounts of time in the room though.
The Testing Facilities are located at the end of the hallway, resembling a large vintage operating theatre. In the center is a large enclosed area, barely illuminated by several fluorescent lights from the ceiling. Above the room are a series of windows leading to a private study the doctors can study their patients from while maintaining a safe distance. Depending on the patient, the main floor will be filled numerous amounts of stimuli to see how the patient and their symptoms react. This may range from obstacle courses to toys to targets, anything that may trigger a reaction from their symptoms.
Similar to the testing facilities, the Labs are large auditoriums with limited lighting but a fair amount of equipment. In the center is an operating table with numerous amounts of medical machinery. The patient is to be strapped onto the table by Hazmats for experimentation. The purpose of the experiment is to see how the patient is affected by a variety of different tests. This may range from electroshock therapy to dissection to lowered oxygen levels.
The PA room is a small room used for broadcasting announcements and news to the workers and residents of the laboratory. Occasionally, randomly selected doctors are assigned to work the PA system for a day as a part of their daily tasks. Both jobs are required.
A computer room with rows of cubicles filled with tables, seats, and monitors. This is where all of GreenGlen’s most valuable information is stored. At the end of the day, doctors are required to upload their findings into their personal computer.

Higher Ups: Non playable. The staff nickname for the shady directors, CEOs, and founders of the laboratory. They are not physically present in the laboratory itself, and instead work in a private government sanctioned building. All findings must be sent directly to the Higher Ups by the doctors at the end of work days for further use. Higher Ups may occasionally email or call staff during work hours, and can even be found inviting doctors to their offices to relay much more personal information.

Hazmats: Non playable. The security force of the lab. They are dressed head to toe in hazmat suits in order to prevent further infection from handling the patients. Their job is to prevent any of said patients from escaping the facilities or otherwise getting out of line, even resorting to physical force when needed to.

Doctors: Playable. The doctors of GreenGlen work to study and contain any persons infected by the virus in order to prevent further contamination as well as to see how it affects its host and its surroundings. Doctors are trained to not associate their patients with their human selves in order to further research. Each doctor may be assigned an individual patient to interview, test, and then study for a whole week.

Additional Staff: Non playable. This includes any other workers at the facility, whether that be sanitation, chefs, or secretaries. They fill in any additional jobs needed at the current time. Despite working in the facility, they are kept far away from any important scientific data, and if any were to obtain such information will result in their immediate termination.

Patients: Playable. Individuals who have contracted the virus and are now being contained, tested, and experimented on. They are permanent residents at GreenGlen, who are not allowed to leave at any time in any way.

Type A: Patients with symptoms that have changed their genetic makeup and thus altered their physical appearance. In some mild cases, this could result in minor mutations such as excess body hair, horns, wings, increased or reduced number of body parts, but in much more severe cases the patient may no longer resemble anything on this earth, let alone their original human state.

Type B: Patients whose symptoms have increased their biological abilities to an abnormal degree, ranging from a boost in strength and intellect to supernatural or superhuman traits such as the power of flight or underwater breathing. For the cases of conjuring, more serious safety precautions may be required.

Type C: Patients whose symptoms resemble those of both Type A and Type B patients. Although extremely rare, noted Type C patients have been known to be incredibly powerful and dangerous, and thus should be kept under heavy surveillance.

6:00 AM-Wake up

6:05 AM-Shower

6:10 AM-Checkup

9:00 AM-Breakfast

9:50 AM-Testing

3:00 PM-Lunch

3:10 PM-Experimentation

11:00 PM-Dinner

11:10-Break Period

11:20 PM-Lights Out

Any broken rules will result in severe punishment.

1. Patients must follow their given schedule. Arriving early, late, or not at all will not be permitted.

2. Doctors are not to interact with patients outside of work hours.

3. Doctors may not share any research with outsiders.

4. Under no circumstances may a patient leave the facility.

5. Patients are not allowed to contact anyone outside the lab.

6. Doctors will refer to patients by number unless told otherwise.

7. All work must be reported to the Higher Ups at the end of the day.

8. If doctors are assigned a specific patient for that week, they must work with that patient and only with that patient.

9. Assault or retaliation against a doctors by a patient will not be tolerated.

10. Do not question the system.

11. When transporting a patient to the facilities, make sure there are no witnesses in the area. To the public eye, GreenGlen does not exist.

12. When in doubt, refer to your employee handbook.

13. Disrespect toward Hazmats will not be tolerated.

14. Patients are not human and will not be treated as such. Doctors should refrain from connecting with them on a deeper emotional level.

15. No roughhousing is permitted.

16. Do not slack off.

17. If a doctor is assigned an additional task, such as doing PA announcements, neglect of said tasks will not be tolerated.

18. Doctors will not bring in additional items to work unless given permission.

19. Patients are not allowed to leave their cells unless permitted by the staff.

20. Additional staff members such as sanitation, janitorial, or other service providers may not listen to conversations by the doctors. You are here to do your hired purpose.

21. Type C patients must be given the upmost security.

22. When in doubt, tranquilize the patient before bringing them into the facility.

23. When participating in checkups, testing, and experiments, patients must wait in their cells until everyone else has finished before reporting to the cafeteria.

24. Patients must remain in their cells during break.

25. Patients and employees will eat in separate areas of the cafeteria.

Before I begin the rules, I must say that off the bat, this story is a fairly dark one, and may tackle some topics that may make the reader uncomfortable. Delicate topics will be handled with care, but if you do not think you can handle certain themes, I suggest you not join.
1. No racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other form of hate speech. Even though this is a given, I thought I would mention it just in case.
2. This will be an 18+ thread.
3. This will be an advanced thread, so try to keep your writing as detailed as possible.
4. Do not argue in the OOC chat.
5. Try to include other players in your work. If someone else is feeling left out, try to consider including them in your story some way.
6. You are allowed to have more than one character, however, I would prefer for the ratio of patient to doctor characters to be equal. If there is a significant amount of one over the other, I may have you create another character to balance it out.
7. If you do not have the muse for this thread, please feel free to let me know. I will admit that I myself am not the most active on RPNation anymore, but I will try to as consistent a poster as possible.
8. Discord is not needed but preferred.
9. If someone or something in this thread is making you feel uncomfortable, please let me know.
10. If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to DM me as well.
11. Have fun!
If this thread gets enough traction I will post a character thread where you will be able to submit in your character information via the form provided and overall keep track of who the stars of the story are.
(Additionally, I may add in some more rules in later, as well as some additional rules that are related to the character thread specifically, so I will let you know when that happens)

Characters
OOC Thread

Last edited:
Windjammer Windjammer Yes this thread is still currently open! I’m currently working on the character thread at the moment, so feel free to ask away!
Conloth Conloth If you mean two separate characters, then yes you may!

Depends on the patient. Type As and Type Bs' symptoms can range from mild abnormalities like small horn like protrusions on the forehead to complete biological nightmares like a writhing mass of flesh and tentacles. Some patients' symptoms can even cause their bodies to be made of a completely different material like stone or water. To put it simply, you can make your patient look as monstrous and Lovecraftian as you'd like. The more inhuman the better.

Looks perfect! Yes your patient is absolutely allowed to look like that, though character's appearances will mainly be via written descriptions instead of images.

wait, wait nevermind. I completely skipped over the part that this is an 18+ rp. woops. sorry for the inconvenience,

oooh super interested in this, what exactly are the limits for abilities? And what exactly would a patient have to do to be classified as Type C, how dangerous are we talkin?

To be honest, "the only limit is your imagination" is pretty applicable here. A patient’s symptoms can range from more classical superpowers like superstrength or laser eyes to more bizarre ones like “can control paint and only paint” or “can rip a hole in the space time continuum by sneezing”. Obviously in terms of outside the RP the patients can’t be terribly overpowered (in regards to the aforementioned space time continuum example, I’d imagine it’d be a hole that the doctors and staff could easily seal and the patient would obviously have no control over that ability.) Patients also tend to have weaknesses or drawbacks in their abilities. Besides the obvious “can’t control their powers” there tends to be exertions, like a patient with telekinesis might get massive headaches when using their powers for too long.

As for Type Cs, to be classified as a Type C has less to do with one’s danger level and more to do with what type of symptoms you have. Type Cs have the symptoms of both a Type A and Type B, meaning their symptoms both simultaneously alter their physical appearance and give them supernatural powers. They tend to be considered dangerous for a number of reasons. Firstly since they have more symptoms they are considered to be more infected and thus pose a higher risk of contagion. Secondly, in general their abilities seem to have a more likely capability to be more powerful and deadly than say a Type B, the reason of which is still being researched by GreenGlen. Patients in general are considered deadly due to the fact that some’s even existence poses a potential threat due to how unstable their symptoms are.

Hope that answers your question!

Since we're asking questions, would a vampire-like type C character be a good fit? And would it be out of the question for a player character to be a patient with a medical doctorate? Also, is there a limit to how many characters one could make?

Oh, and I should probably specify that I don't mean to make my character overpowered, I just figure that since my character would have gained both powers and non-powered traits, they'd be a type C. Would that be a correct assumption?

You are correct in thinking that! If the disease gave them inhuman physical features and vampiric abilities then yes they would classify as a Type C.
As for the second question it depends on what you mean. A patient could have a medical doctorate or even have been a doctor prior to being infected but they can’t have been a doctor who had worked at or is working at GreenGlen. None of the staff at GreenGlen have or has ever had the disease. If a staff member has developed the disease they will no longer be allowed to work there and will be taken in as patient immediately.
Also, yes, for now you can make as many characters as you would like! Hope this made sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back