Appearance

Ash.jpg

Name

Johnathan Stromo

(Where my fellow Alien fans at?)

Race

Human

Position

Scientist, he is most knowledgeable regarding biology but he has a wide variety of knowledge regarding dozens of fields of scientific study, additionally he is an apt statistical analyst and number cruncher.

Bio

"Date is the....... third of June, day seven of our expeditionary trip to planet XTZ dash four eight seven. Reports of a possible link to the source near the regional observational facility at four eight seven reached us at the Pernik research station, and the chance..... the chance for a discovery of such magnitude demands our attention. The origin of life, the origin of everything that lives within this universe, it is the answer to our deepest questions" said the scientist, his tone growing more excited with every word, taking a long pause before continuing.

"When I was a younger man, still ignorant of anything outside of the home system, when I was still studying my craft, to think I would be in this situation, in this position to discover something great, something larger than myself, larger than our entire generation, something more powerful than any weapon or ship. The power to create life from nothing, the originator of all life, a technology created by an ancient race of technologically superior beings. A truly higher level of sentient life whose existence makes our humble status among the stars look as insignificant as a singularity within a matter collider, as insignificant as the unstable elements that float within magnetic stasis within such devices before scattering apart into nothingness, all in the blink of an eye. Our creation, a moment, a flash in the pan, and their's...... well...... their existence continues on to this day through the life that populates the universe.

Some say we meddle with forces too great to be contained, some say that we are fools chasing a fairy tale, a legend even, but such words are merely the expressions of weakness and doubt that emit from those who don't understand this great pursuit. My history, my past, soiled it as it may be, will be redeemed by this discovery. If we can find the source that is. It has been called many things in the past, the tree of life was one name that early explorers within the oceans of earth used to describe it's awe inspiring abilities. If only the simpletons who traversed the oceans of pre-industrial earth had known that what they spoke of held more power than the mere promise of immortality. The source generator is the key to endless human life, immortality will be achieved and we will be able to create life from raw matter, creatures of our own design, living space vessels that contain ecosystems, a goal aspired to for a millennium, will be built overnight. We will have the power of god, perhaps we will become gods ourselves, immortal creators and bringers of light, a funny thought, that such a young race could form a future pantheon of godlike immortals, bringing the torch of light to far off worlds. With such power, we would be endless, our minds would become tomes of knowledge, what we could do with so much time..... Our lives, long perhaps to our own perception, but merely a blink on the cosmic scale. Some say an immortal life is a life without meaning, a life without purpose, but I believe that the only life with meaning is an endless one.

To believe that I am here after so many years, coming from such dull beginnings. My origins were humble, a son of a father too smart for his station, of a mother whose tastes were too exorbitant for her budget, born among siblings dull and mundane in their ambitions and within a society perplexed by it's own image. I am a child of an environment, a cold, callous one, rotten to the core, but this has given me insight to the plague of our own condition, if given time, humans become wise and modest, more respectful and thoughtful, but by such a time, death is around the corner already. That is why I pursue this goal, but they are out to end my career, they twisted my intentions, banished my brilliance to an alien rock for failures that were not mine, for so called atrocities that I committed, but how can something be an atrocity if the goal is noble, if the intentions are true.

I sit here, within the confines of this vessel, hurdling through space at ten times light speed, headed towards a possibility, a chance, perhaps I will die without having seen the source, the tree of life, the mother of all creatures, but at least I will have died attempting to find it. This is Johnathan Stromo, recording from the Eisenstein research and exploration vessel, entry four, over"

Skills

Incredibly intelligent, a good survivor with a streak of good luck that gets him through tough jams, good at picking things up quickly in terms of scientific and technical study. Is well learned, a good talker and he is good at convincing people to take certain courses of action. He has a lot of knowledge regarding various fields of science and his wisdom regarding such things can come in handy during many situations. He thinks his potential courses of action out impeccably before making a move, while others play checkers, he is playing chess. He is devious and clever and his self preservation instinct overrides his feelings of moral obligation to others.

Weaknesses

He is no fighter and has only a small amount of experience with firearms and even less with hand to hand and melee weapon combat. He is amoral to some degree, and while some may see this as a strength, I have to disagree. He cares little for human or alien life and is callous and unfeeling. He is numb to his emotions and extremely rational and intense. He feels little to no emotion other than frustration and elation at the conclusion of a successful venture, and his heart is obsessed with the search for a cryptic and ancient alien device known as the "Source Generator" a device rumored to exist in the far reaches of space, one that can create life from nothing and restore life forms to perfect health within seconds by repairing damaged genetic code, something that could keep a human alive for an eternity.

wow. applause HunterJJ. It is very good but I have two questions. 1. how did he get on the 178 facility and 2. is he a psychopath (the actual condition of psychopathy, not just generally crazy.)

Thanks for the applause :)

To answer your first question, he has been bounced around several small and supposedly meaningless stations as a result of being unofficially blacklisted, he was specifically requested by the project director of the 187 because he has no ethical hangups regarding experimenting on sentient beings such as the alien being researched there. He is looked at in a negative light because he is rumored to have used aliens in various experiments, although there is no concrete evidence, he is suspected of such actions and so he has basically been banished from big military/government projects.

And to your second question, if I had to say one way or the other it's a yes. I'd say that he is quite high on the sociopath spectrum, probably 60-70%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back